The game is not survivor or killer sided. Its starting to get annoying asf
I’m a killer main (who plays survivor from time to time).
The game is a casual 4v1 hoo haa of whats supposed to be pointless fun. It has problems, yes.
I can understand if you don’t like certain perks on a balance perspective.
But
throwing a temper tantrum and acting like a toxic entitled prick and just, labeling the entire game as survivor/killer sided, accusing either side of 100% ruining the game population wise.
Is just so goddamn annoying and immature. I see it here, on the reddit, and on twitter. Hell I’d say this game’s community is the most spoiled entitlement bratty community I have ever seen. Compared to league, cod, overwatch, tf2, and the like.
Can we just. PLEASE. Fully ban whiny “us vs them” posts? They do nothing but push the stereotype of this game’s community.
Comments
If you think about the fact survivors can deal with anything killers can do, but not other way around, this game is certainly survivor sided.
nothing toxic there, no one feel toxicity from calling nurse or blight strong, it's same thing.
It wouldn't come up so much if it wasn't there.
You…. Can do things against survivors.
I know? read again.
But it’s not “survivor sided”.
Everything the survivors do that entitled killers whine about like toxic brats, can be countered.
“gen rushing”? Apply pressure, dont commit to chases for 10+ minutes
flashlights? Look at a wall or hit/down the people around the downed victims.
COH? Down people, snuff the boon if you see it after downing someone, it wastes their time off gens. Hex ruin works wonders for it.
map offerings? Alt f4 or sacrificial ward.
Swfs? They’re aultiristic asf, they probably wont do gens as much, down them.
This game is so, so much more relax if you just chill tf and focus on improving
Report them and move on, play how you want so long as it doesn’t violate TOS.
Also, turn off the chat.
It’s Behavior’s fault for not having a proper report system
Apply pressure, dont commit to chases for 10+ minutes
Impossible in the current meta with CoH. You can only pressure 1 Survivor at a time, if you leave them, they'll go and heal themselves
COH? Down people, snuff the boon if you see it after downing someone, it wastes their time off gens. Hex ruin works wonders for it.
Survivors won't allow the Killer to snuff the Boon, they'll bless a Totem on the opposite side of the map to make the Boon invincibile, unless the Killer wants to waste 30 seconds or so on snuffing a Boon that will pop up a few seconds later. Hex: Ruin gets cleansed extremely quickly and is extremely unreliable
Swfs? They’re aultiristic asf, they probably wont do gens as much, down them.
Only works against bad players. Survivors who know how to play and want to win won't throw themselves at the Killer to save the weak link of the team
I think there is way more nuance than just saying the game is survivor sided. Maps, perks, killer add ons, tile spawns, play style of each side all factor into who starts with an advantage. The problem is a lot of the community wants to blame the game for their own poor play. To top that off the community is very tribalistic, and any suggestion that a persons preferred side isn’t weak gets torn down.
I’ve given up trying to even talk reasonably to people here, unless you agree killers are oppressed and second class players, you get flamed. Rationale and calm thought is not something that DBD forums do.
I'm not talking about any of those, this is much more fundamental thing than you think.
It's windows and palettes.
If there is more than three windows, too bad they can't do anything against it, it's complete safe zone now.
And most palettes just forces you to waste time breaking it, practically letting survivors "win" that chase.
And out of those things, SWFs and CoH will not be considered "counter", CoH practically forces you to commit chase, while SWFs are... well I mean, "they tend to be bad it's fine" is most stupid "counter" I think.
I don't care if it's relaxing or not, because I do kill survivors just fine anyway, it's just that the more I understand the game the more I understand how fundamentally broken this game is.
On the first point:
Be good with your chases, be quick. Down them, or hit them off the gen so they have to go to the boon and heal, by the time they get back the gen regressed.
Second point:
Survivors off healing on COH are not on gens, and gens being regressed during then will be enough pressure by the time they get back. Guard your hexes or use undying, it’ll get cleansed by late game if you’re good enough.
Third point: Good, apply pressure against more people while the others go for an unhook.
Finally, someone gets it
Ah yes classic "nooo forum is hivemind you aren't allowed to have opinion!!!!!!" mindset, and it's, in fact, wrong.
You guys aren't doing any different from that "killers" though, both of you are flaming anyone not agreeing you as "entitled whiny toxic killer who does poor play"
Well here is a tip, if you want to stop toxicity, please don't be toxic jerk like that.
I’ve been on this forum for a week, and can clearly see its a toxic circlejerk of tribalistic, toxic whining rather than addressing issues properly.
Even on reddit, or twitter.
Its just the same shiz.
Narcissistic replies, Egotistical whining, Toxic sass, and tribalistic circlejerking over “us vs them”
Just like what you posted there?
"same shiz" as you say.
If you actually read the other comments of the thread, I offered counter points to genuine arguments. I applaud ThatOneDemoplayer for bringing a well structured argument on potential issues.
What I’m refering to is
”Im quitting dbd cause stunning the killer is toxic wha”
”If you use dead hard you’re ass wha”
”Coh is a crutch people who use it are toxic wha”
Just endless us vs them
Be good with your chases, be quick. Down them, or hit them off the gen so they have to go to the boon and heal, by the time they get back the gen regressed.
Unreliable, especially with maps like Badham or Haddonfield and Perks like Dead Hard that grant an extra health state. Hitting them off the gen will let them heal and get back on it, meaning you did nothing for however long it took you to get the first hit
Survivors off healing on COH are not on gens, and gens being regressed during then will be enough pressure by the time they get back. Guard your hexes or use undying, it’ll get cleansed by late game if you’re good enough.
Guarding your Hexes means you're not pressuring Survivors, you're hanging around your Hex, which doesn't regress gens. Undying, like all Hexes, gets cleansed extremely quickly. It grants your Hex a minute, which isn't a good amount of time
Third point: Good, apply pressure against more people while the others go for an unhook.
Sure, let's say you have a Hook. Survivor B goes for the save, you're chasing Survivor A and C is doing gens. D gets unhooked and healed up by B and now they're both on their merry way to do gens. Now you have 3 Survivors on gens, and you're only chasing 1. How is that "pressuring Survivors"?
Lmao, you are intentionally twisting everything you see and you didn't like as "toxic us vs them", I mean, what made you so toxic and... aggressive, I guess?
Dead hard does have viable counters (fear monger, baiting it out by chasing them into a zone they can’t use it to make it to a window), though I do agree it is a touch overpowered (wouldn’t say that makes it survivor sided). I’d say a good nerf is to not make you invincible (if you get hit during it you still go down), so it can still be used as a skilled time’d dodge.
Fair point on hexes.
You’re pressuring survivor A, if you down them and hook them, you can go for C, or D/B if you bump into them.
Look, if you're going to be this antagonistic or you're that unhappy with what you see on the forum, stop coming to the forum
There are a variety of places you could go to interact with other members of dbd community if you don't like what you see here. Whatever you're doing right now isn't about to make the place any less tedious.
Yeah you make a good point. I just wish this community wasn’t yikes on *every social media for it*. Guess I’ll just stick to enjoying the game and watching otz be a gem. Cheers to ya
And I apologize if I came off as antagonistic, not my intention. I’m just sick of seeing Gamer behavior
Yeah, it does have some balance issues and I disagree with many design decisions, but I see they are constantly trying to balance things that get out of hand. It's just a hard game to balance, and both sides have some op s#*-.
Dead hard does have viable counters (fear monger, baiting it out by chasing them into a zone they can’t use it to make it to a window), though I do agree it is a touch overpowered (wouldn’t say that makes it survivor sided). I’d say a good nerf is to not make you invincible (if you get hit during it you still go down), so it can still be used as a skilled time’d dodge.
It's uncounterable when used for distance
You’re pressuring survivor A, if you down them and hook them, you can go for C, or D/B if you bump into them.
It takes around 30 seconds to get the first hit on A. That's enough time for B to unhook and heal up D and get back on gens. It takes another 30 seconds for A to get downed, and now you wasted a whole minute on A while D got unhooked, healed up and got around 20-30 seconds on gens and C got 3/4 of a gen done. That's how you lose games
Even if you are sick you should've try to hide it, I don't believe "it's not my intention" when every ######### one of your word is toxic as #########.
Its whatever man, I apologize. take care out there. Rough times in the world
You might not know this, but no polite human uses word like "entitled" or "whiny".
It is not really us vs them if I think the game is surv sided if all 4 survivors don't mess around. I played survivor a lot more so I don't have an agenda and I am not toxic.
It is just an opinion I have and I don't see how is that bad if I'm civil about it.
If you play the game for even a couple matches youd quickly realize the game is survivor sided. Doesnt mean we have to be toxic about it though
Survivors who don't have DS or BT cannot do anything about Face-Camping or Tunneling-off-hook-till-dead.
Killers on the other hand can deal with anything survivors can do. Killers are not completely helpless against any strategy.
Survivors aren't supposed to 1v1 the Killer, they're a team. Taking hits and bodyblock is, an albeit soft, counter to tunneling. If the Killer is camping, do gens
What exactly can killers not deal with?
The issue is that most game flaws reside from killer gameplay. So you can say that the game is killersided, cause those flaws never got fixed in 5 years.
The problem is saying "Killers" as a homogeneous group. There are many things that the S tier killers can deal with that the lower tier killers can't.
In my opinion, the S and high A tier killers do have a balanced chance against survivors. Any killer lower on those tiers will hit an MMR soft cap and lose games simply because their powers are too weak to deal with survivors at a high MMR
Most M1 killers can't deal with any godly palette or windows, or simply shift+Wing.
Basically, maps.
Hmm yes simply "snuff the coh", why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah because if I snuff it, it gets replaces by the time I hook the person, even then saying "snuff the coh" like you always know the exact spot they placed it. Even then you waste time going for the boon and by the time you get back the person you just downed could be up since they're in range or someone has WGLF with it.
just apply pressure 5head