Can we get that Haddonfield rework soon?
I'm missing surivors bringing that map with Balanced for an easy win, now they just stick on RPD and it's somehow worse
I'm missing surivors bringing that map with Balanced for an easy win, now they just stick on RPD and it's somehow worse
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
"rework" is more like different textures and breakable walls
yeah and its still better to play on than rpd
I'm almost certain Haddonfield will be more than just a coat of paint, it's been one of the most hated maps for the longest time, it's due an overhaul, and usually when they 'rework' maps they don't disable them from the game entirely like they have done with Haddonfield.
Hopefully so.
hopefully
The ideal scenario it will be more balanced and loaded with visual references from the Halloween movies.
"Soon" is dangerous word, my child, be careful when using it.
It has not time limit. It can happen tomorrow or maybe a year later.
RPD doesn’t bother me as much as some other maps other than it being confusing to get around. The pallets are mostly gameable and the map has a nice aesthetic. Honestly the Badham Preschool buildings and Haddenfield houses are more annoying in chases than most of RPD. (There’s like one room in RPD on the first floor that kind of has a tricky loop around it I think? It’s a little like Shack where if they’re running in a particular direction they can get to a vault more safely than if you run the other direction. I’m not positive though since I still don’t know this map as well as some others. 🤷♂️)
Next patch i think.
And RPD is fine.
I just hope it's still fun for my Trapper, I'm so worried it'll be another rework that nerfs him. 😔
Almost fine, except for the god pallets.
and the size.
and the god loop
and the library of pain
and how it runs on consoles
And the lack of ability to get upstairs
And the entire layout in general
And the enclosed hallways making it impossible to use most powers
And the hook spawns
And how it runs on lower end PCs
And how it runs in general
I was hoping the Haddonfield rework would be coming with Ringu but there was no information in the patch notes about Haddonfield. So I guess Haddonfield is gone until the next midchapter. Hey that’s great ######### that map
That's another 2 months basically where the chances of getting RPD are just that much higher 😭
RPD
Cons:
Pros:
Add in "potential to bodyblock doorways to prevent survivors escaping the trial" too
RPD
Cons:
Pros:
How about instead of reworking haddonfield we just leave it disabled and disable RPD due to its literally uncleansable totem and just forget about both of those horrible maps.
That would work too but also probably wouldn't happen because of the ######### the devs got when rpd was disabled basically permanently for the first 4 months
Dont forget scourge hooks spawn
it'll probably come with the new chapter
Also the totem boon of hell who on hell gonna waste 10 secs to cleanse that totem.
it wasnt on the ptb so my hopes arent high
Everyone mentioned the multiple god pallets but nobody mentioned that those are literally the only useable pallets as the rest might as well be removed and it'd make no difference
Honestly, I'm so excited for Haddonfield 2.0, can't wait to see how they've done literally nothing to change the balance of the map except for add a few breakable walls next to god windows & pallets, because apparently that's fair design.
They never fixed coldwind, and they legitimately ruined maps like father's campbell chapel when they did the graphical update. Don't expect much.
the map is hellish for both sides
and yet all of those maps are still better than rpd
RPD is one of the worst maps in the game, true, but if you play like I do and camp every single hook without mercy you are practically guaranteed a 2K minimum by how horrible the map is to navigate for hook rescues.
Granted, it's miserable for both sides, but clearly, the developers want me to camp a hook unless they expect me to spend 80 seconds walking to the other side of the map.
I know, unless I'm in a swf I utterly refuse to play it as either side. And by that I mean that I force myself to play it while in a swf because I just can't ask my friends to move next, but I will surely complain the whole round
When one of the most infamous devs goes to statistics for literally everything and brought up how Haddonfield was balanced for kill rates, I am not hopeful.
i dont camp hooks but i can confirm that i manage to coincidentally forget how to play the game and damn this corner of the map sure looks nice.