Anyone feel Freddy doesn't need a buff?
I main him for killer and I don't really think he needs a full rework. Couple of buffs yes but nothing major
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
However, he’s receiving more of a Rework than just straight buffs. Assuming he ever actually gets the changes, Soon TM.
But if you change a Perk to being based on sleep, only Nightmare can use it then, no other Killer can use that Perk.
He isn't getting buffed he is getting a complete power rework. He is basic to play and annoying to play against. He is the only killer I don't play.
Hook shouldn't remove dream state. He's one of the only killers that even if he camps I know I'm pretty much guaranteed a safe hook rescue unless the survivor on the hook is a potato and runs right into him rather than to cover. It's also a decent buff that does 2 things: gives a tracking of the survivor if he did actually walk away to do things as well as add another bit of time before they're going to get healed.
I support the rework. The only thing they should keep is the dream transition though, the mindgames are fun.
As someone who also mains Freddy, he absolutely needs a rework. FFS his power is basically wait 7 seconds to become a standard m1 killer.
I don't think any killer needs a buff
Freddy is not even close to being the worst killer. He's not even a killer to begin with. He's a punching bag at the survivors' disposal. He's a walking joke, a meme you can mock, emote, flashlight-blind and teabag after every pallet drop with minimal to no repercussions. The only real purpose of his power is to remove the hindrance he has by default (can't interact with survivors), and he gets cucked by the most used perks in the game (Self care and Sprint burst). He's the only killer that has to give a up to 9.5 seconds head start to his targets, who can, by the way, keep doing whatever they were doing right in his face without him being able to do anything about it. And when he finally succeeds in dragging survivors into his dream world, he's just a M1 killer with absolutely nothing going for him. He has a laughable stealth and the most basic-ass offense you can think of. He's so bad that he can't even camp properly. He can't even secure a kill. He has no way to stop/punish hookrushing, bad positioning or stupid plays by survivors in general. All the other killers are far better than Freddy, because they don't take nearly as ######### long to take action against survivors.
He needs something in his current state, but devs said they'll rework, so there's nothing really to do but wait now, see what it'll be.
The skillcheck chance just has to be lower.(passive blue dress addon effect)
It's almost like people fear facing something else than nurse & Billy on high ranks.
^ That.
Survivor mains from back when he was released are afraid that he'll be stronger than Nurse like he used to be I dont think he'll be as strong as he used to be but he certainly should be as good as Hag and she's second best.
Is that so? What if I tell you then, that I agree with those you call ""Freddy mains""?
I've mained Freddy for almost 3 months during the summer and learnt to work with his weaknesses and maximise his strengths, while being few, they are strong if used correctly.
I have a couple of actual Freddy mains or who played him extensively on my friends list and they all agree that he doesn't need a complete rework to be good, but a couple of QoL changes would suffice (as he has all game mechanics stacked against him).
McLean once suggested giving him the Class Photo as a base-kit in exchange for the wallhack. I say get lost with that, Class Photo as base-kit is crap, it's his wallhack that makes him strong
I'm honestly not looking forward to a full rework. I enjoy Freddy as he is and he's a heck of a lot of fun to play as once you really get him down to a tee and the only frustrating things about him then are shenanigans like healing overriding the pick-up prompt or lunges preferring to go for awake Survivors. Get rid of that and he's perfect IMO.
And really, this goes to anyone in here ridiculing others for their opinion.
I'm convinced that the majority of people in this and similar threads, claiming that Freddy doesn't need a complete rework, actually do play and understand him and aren't just Survivor mains trying to prevent him getting buffs.
Just because you haven't figured out how Freddy works, doesn't mean others haven't. And since I'm still being labelled as a "filthy Killer main" by most Survivor mains even though I am not and play both sides equally, I think this should give some credibility to at least my words.
He has absolutely everything stacked against him. Poor vision, wait timer before being able to interact with survivors (totems and gens get finished while he has to watch, and don't get me started on the hatch), being unable to pick up downed survivors while they are being healed (which makes the killer with a specialization for endgame, extremely weak during said endgame) and last but not least: being a m1 killer who doesn't has insta downs and has to wait before he can down anyone.
At this point a rework would be probably easier than trying to fix this mess.
I disagree. I'm pretty sure a rework would cost him too much in terms of his skill ceiling.
Freddy is a lot better then most people give him credit
Definitly not worst killer in the game anymore in my eyes
Not saying that he's good ofcourse
Just not as bad as people are saying
Just hope he keeps that juggling feeling to his playstyle
I think he needs 1 second lowered on his transition, maybe longer range, and some rework on his add ons. I think the devs are trying to address some of freddy's anti fun mechanics that make him one of the least liked killers. In all honesty I like playing Freddy, but I hate playing against him.
Another Freddy main adding his two cents. Buffs are what he needs. Not a rework. I wholeheartedly agree he is a crap killer. But with a few number changes and QoL changes, like having the dream transition stop all actions, he would be a mid-tier killer and a solid killer in the right hands. He doesn't need to be S+ tier. I'd love it if he was but Nurse and Billy will always reign supreme. So, devs, don't jump the gun and kill your worst killer AGAIN, listen to the people who've had the chance to use him and use him optimally for over a year now when it comes to changes.
Only thing with that idea is that the perk also needs to work with other killers. Your idea for Fire Up just wouldn't work, maybe as an add on, but not a perk.
He's annoying as hell. Doesn't need anything added or taken away.
There will always be a #1, and a Dead Last rank killer.
That's that.
I really enjoy playing freddy but I honestly think the mechanic is freaking awful and makes him inefficient at end game.
Which is weird considering all of his perks were end game and his end game is pretty bad.
Yea but from my standpoint I love playing as freddy, but I hate playing against him, it just isn't a fun mechanic, and I hope it is slightly changed for the benefit of survivors while still keeping it fun for both sides.
I actually like playing against him except I tend to get potatoes who literally can't see that they're in dream transition and get downed in 2 seconds. If he's chasing me, usually he gives up or spends the whole game and we win. There are those occasions where I'm the second person chased and the first person got hooked after using 50 pallets and I get screwed which is why I'd rather he just chase me from the start.
The bad thing about when I play Freddy is I seem to get those overly altruistic teams and I'm basically forced to tunnel as I'm not even like 10 feet away before they unhook.
I do have to say one of the better perks of using Freddy is they cannot body block which a lot of people ignore. And you can't get flashlighted as easily(or at all if they aren't in dream? Not sure).
The point was any killer could do what you just said and Freddy is worse at it. I mean Freddy practically needs NOED considering someone can open the gate with you coming and you get them in dream and they'll be out whereas other killers can stop them from opening if they get there physically in time.
It could be nice to have a hook condition when playing freddy wherein they wouldn't spawn too close to gates.
He is one of the killers that the gate hook is just really bad where someone like LF really loves that hook.
i would personally say, that a whole rework is unnecessary, as i enjoy his power the way its designed atm.
however, he needs some serious buffs on his current power in order to be viable (or at least a tiny bit viable).
e.g. survivors cannot interact with objects while in the dream transition.
I personally think he should be removed completely , the annoying prick.