STOP instantly judging how good or bad killers are on day 1.

I recognize that some people are just giving their first impressions, and that's perfectly fine. However, a first impression would be like saying "This killer seems kinda bad/ kinda OP, but I can't be sure yet", not "THIS KILLER IS F TIER FKJSDKJDN"

There are so many strategies, techs, and builds with the killer that are waiting to be discovered. Instantly deciding how good or bad they are isn't a smart thing to be doing.

"But Doritohead, this killer is F tier! (or overpowered) This time it's true, I promise!"


I'm not suggesting that Sadako is either strong or weak. In fact, I don't have any opinion about how strong she is at all, and that's ok. Time will tell if this killer is good or not.

Comments

  • @AJStyIez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/310708/stop-instantly-judging-how-good-or-bad-killers-are-on-day-1

    I heavily disagree and I'm sure many people can back me up when I say that this game is not that deep for you guys to keep saying this same thing every single time there's new characters in the PTB. Does it take only 1 match to find out a characters' potential? No, but you guys also try to stretch it as if any feedback is invalid as if it takes 2 years to figure out the truth. Its a casual party game with pretty binary gameplay, its not that deep to analyze. The meta is very transparent and the majority of the time people are actually accurate when ranking characters as they're still fresh.

    Perfect example of people in PTB: Trickster is fun but just a weaker Plague. You can stomp babies and down people fast at hooks or short loops but that's it. Mid-tier at best and needs something else to make him viable

    You guys: He just came out, you're not using him correctly so I'm sure this will change. Give it time, you can't accurately judge in such a short time

    Also You guys 2 months later: Yeah he's pretty weak, mid tier at best. *Agrees with everything people said in the PTB within the first couple of days*

    Again, I'm not saying that the people calling out immediately how bad Sadako is are wrong. I'm saying that it's the wrong thing to do, because the killer has been out for literally less than 24 hours.

  • You cant perfectly tell how strong a killer is on Day 1 of PTB. You only need some kind of gamesense, even though most people dont have that and just pretend to know how strong a killer is. Thats why we basically have every PTB threads like "This one survivor perk is OP" from those who just try to pretend to have some gamesense.

  • As others have pointed out, her power seems rather underwhelming from a strength perspective. I guess only time will tell just how she fits into the meta.

  • I wish I could try her so I can judge what she about. I wouldn't do it day 1 but the condemned does seem useless except against new survivors. There is no way to get 7 stacks in a real game unless the survivor does it on purpose (which happens a lot on ptb). That I'm sure will get tweaked in some way before release so shouldn't be an issue. What excites me about her is the manifest. That's like ghostface mixed with wraith (although the 32 meter visual seems odd) but sounds fun. We need more jump scare killers.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2812511#Comment_2812511

    Again, I'm not saying that the people calling out immediately how bad Sadako is are wrong. I'm saying that it's the wrong thing to do, because the killer has been out for literally less than 24 hours.

    I don't get what is different in those two lol

    If you don't like feedbacks of PTB, don't look it.

  • @Azshhh said:

    This ptb was actually one of the most civil.

    Until a bunch of random names you rarely ever actually see on the forums popped up to complain. I suspect they'll slither away after a week or two

    Right - because all we want on the forums is a collective group that never changes, in a consistently changing game /s

  • Once again, art, theme and music are all here. Beautiful and haunting.

    Also once again, unimaginative Killer Power that doesn't stand up to more than a couple games of scrutiny.

    Really wish they would try something bold and new with Killer powers, and take extra time to balance it. The Twins was a very exciting concept but was botched in execution and bugs.

  • @TWiXT said:

    I agree, and honestly I've defnded Sadako in a previous post ripping into her by saying:

    "I... don't think you are giving her enough credit. Yeah she's a basic M1/RT killer, but she has many advantages that you aren't counting, and her iri addon that turns on 4 tvs after she manifests (and hits a survivor in 8 seconds) is broken at hell in chases! I realized this after 3 matches as her: she has ridiculous pressure if you know how to use it, and the fact that she can shift between ghost and manifested without any drop to her movement speed is crazy good (way better than wraith)!

    I'm still toying with her, but overall... I actually think she's a lot of fun so far. I also believe that the fact that she's limited to being an m1 killer is everyone's biggest gripe, but when you have this level of pressure/mobility... that actually feels fair in my book.

    honestly the only gripes I have with her so far revolve around her perks and add-ons, Especially the Perk that gives survivors 1 chance per second to hit a "great skill check" when the gen is 90% done... SERIOUSLY? NO KILLER IS GONNA USE THAT! Sigh... Hopefully they fix those things in a few more updates."

    She definitely has her strengths and weaknesses, but overall I'm enjoying her so far, but the bottom line is that this is still a PTB, and thus not a representation of the actual live game in any way. If the devs did something to incentivize players in to play the PTB, we'd get a better idea of how the new killer/mechanics/perks feel to play with or oppose, because more people would be playing the PTB. I also already gave my own suggestions for this in another post here:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811751#Comment_2811751

    And I hope as least some of these suggested incentives make the cut for future PTB's. Otherwise, the PTB simply can't be seen as a trusted source of actual player feedback, and is pretty useless.

    I like Sadako/The Onryo so far, and like what she brings to this game. Too many are writing her off as a worse Wraith or Freddy, when in reality she's actually better than both, but you just have to play her longer than an hour, and discover her strengths, in order to find that out. So many complaints are coming out about the killer too soon after they are introduced via PTB... and none of them should be trusted at all. Instead it's best to Give it time, let people get the hang of the new killer, and then we can respect any gripes about them (although Ghost Faces PTB was legendarily bad, so yeah, there are exceptions to this rule... but the current PTB is no where near as bas as that imo). Otherwise, Complaining this early? You're just blowing smoke in the open air, and not even enough to get up our asses!

    To put it bluntly, the ptb is a joke now the fact that they allowed boons to be the way they are shows this.

    Along with that remember this, the killer is being classified as a c tiered killer in the best case scenario which due to the current state of the game is not something that is needed.

    Right now no she is not worth the money and unless someone pulls a miracle and actually make her worth the price, it will be for about a month at the most before people drop her to play as someone better.

  • This game isn't rocket science, she has no anti loop in her kit and her TV passive is not nearly aggressive enough to be a major threat.

    She is a glorified Pig/Wraith/Freddy baby, so she will be high C/low B tier at best.

  • Right now, I get the feeling that people who say she is UP merely use her power to get the first hit, chase the survivor through a few pallets without dematerializing, and then use teleport to go to the other end of the map.

    Hint: use teleport offensively during a chase. You start with someone with 3 or 4 passive stacks and teleport in front of them when they are running near a TV? You might turn the game into a 3 on 1 real quick. Played right, it is an RBT you can advance during chases.

    I am not saying that makes her a super S tier killer (I think she needs a few mild buffs to condemnation generation), but there is no way we’ve completely learned her yet.

  • Tbf there's not much you can do with her shes designed to be a hit and run in a meta where that style is not viable AT ALL

  • @Triforcer said:

    Right now, I get the feeling that people who say she is UP merely use her power to get the first hit, chase the survivor through a few pallets without dematerializing, and then use teleport to go to the other end of the map.

    Hint: use teleport offensively during a chase. You start with someone with 3 or 4 passive stacks and teleport in front of them when they are running near a TV? You might turn the game into a 3 on 1 real quick. Played right, it is an RBT you can advance during chases.

    I am not saying that makes her a super S tier killer (I think she needs a few mild buffs to condemnation generation), but there is no way we’ve completely learned her yet.

    There's a very noticable directional audio queue when she teleports, so you really aren't going to be catching anyone off guard. They can hear the sound and just go the other way. Inserting the tape is so fast you can do it mid chase, so it's not even a threat during chase.

  • She is pretty much the same as PTB version.

  • DBD is a very simple game, but the strategies are endless. Hundreds of combinations of perks, powers, equipment and add-ons.

  • I did play her for more than a day, spent a good 3 days, probably 20 hours in total, checking her out every which way on the PTB in KYF matches and some public lobbies. My first impression was "weak", and that hasn't changed much since. After seeing what changes were made post-PTB feedback, I realize that the developers don't really understand why this killer's kit is a joke. Imagine you took wraith and freddy, had them have a baby, but instead of inheriting the desirable traits from each partner, it turns out to be a disappointing child. Condemned may as well not exist, and is only going to catch people off guard the first one or two times survivors face her for the first time. The mechanic does little to add pressure or a meaningful side-objective, is easily ignored, and survivors can still disable a significant portion of the killers power for little to no reprecussions. Then, there's the add-ons, don't even get me started on those. They're almost, if not worse, than what Nemesis got.

    Until something radical changes, I'll put her firmly into the bottom third of killers, as far as strength goes. Even the one thing she had going for her, undetectable status on demand, got nipped in the bud by the now ever-present lullaby.

  • STOP POSTING ABOUT AMONG US!


    But seriously, I think she's neat. Don't have her bought yet but she was fun to play in the ptb.

1 2 ›