All new content | Sadako Rising | DBD 5.6.0 PTB

Hi.

You may know me from summarising dev streams, or for having terrible takes complete with very passive aggressive comments, but a little known hobby of mine is also collecting and compiling all of the changes in a PTB to help people playing on consoles, or who are away from a consistent source of internet at the moment, understand exactly what changes have taken place, and see new content.

Firstly, though, massive massive shoutout to my friends Laurie and Sow, both of whom helped me gather footage for this (with Laurie playing on his terrible laptop and only being able to move with arrow keys). I appreciate it both of you!

The voice you may hear is that of Sow's, as my microphone decided to not cooperate with NVIDIA.

So, here is every change, and all new content, from the 5.6.0 PTB, "Ringu":

new content

This update features two new characters: The Onryō and Yoichi Asakawa.

the onryō

image.png image.png image.png

She is a 115%, short killer with a 32m terror radius.

Lore

image.png

Perks

image.png

Tiers at 5/6/7 seconds.

image.png

Tiers at 150/175/200% regression speed.

image.png

Tiers at 16/18/20 seconds.

Power

image.png

Add-ons

ringu addons.png

Mori

She has a main mori and a mini mori, when a survivor is fully Condemned:

https://youtu.be/exOReDAruAI

Perks + Power in action:

Both killer and survivor POVs.

https://youtu.be/FOLRiEK7Upw

Lobby animations:

https://youtu.be/Ak-d_8pdv7c


yoichi asakawa

image.png image.png

Lore

image.png

Perks

image.png

Tiers at 8/9/10 seconds.

image.png

Tiers at 32/64/96 meters.

image.png

Tiers at 2/3/4 seconds after leaving the Boon's range.


new lobby

image.png


other changes

- Daily Ritual tracking has been improved, however all Rituals must be wiped to do this. Upon starting the game for the first time in 5.6.0, all Rituals will be replaced.

- Added an option to lock aspect ratios to 16:9 for Ultrawide users.

- Stretched Resolution for an in-game advantage has been fixed!

- New audio queues for each different map (not included in the post).

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Hannacia said:

    This new boon is ridiculous... RIP slow killers even more

    I'd say it's the worst boon so far lmao

  • @BasedMintBubba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811297#Comment_2811297

    she is listed as "Average". lmfao... so many pathological liars and bots on the interwebs. I'm picturing you in a face mask as we speak lmfao

    9051A7D2-ED27-4A71-95E6-82D929AB4038.png

    A pathological lie would be saying something like “You have a love life”

  • Thank you. But I like how that the killer actually has good perks. Flood Of Rage looks like a good perk since they can reveal survivors and also she's good at stopping gen rushers. Also I like how the survivor has a upgrade of Empathy but comes to worse @Pulsar is right about how the perks looking bad. Even possible perk tiers for Boon: Dark Theory won't help with the haste, they need to buff it so we can have more haste.

    I realized that Onyro has a bug in one of her moris too, and I like how the Onyro has a jumpscare in the menus and then to avoid it you must turn her around. But anyways, your information is always correct but thanks for letting us know about the chapter.

  • I was enjoying this update right until I saw the new boon totem. #########

  • @Kurri said:

    I was enjoying this update right until I saw the new boon totem. #########

    07CB6D02-1A67-4E50-A37A-31C5BD15B109.gif

    ######### indeed

  • Is BHVR planning on enhancing some of the visuals further before the release because some animations, while they look nice are bit janky and broken in few areas and stuff like the hair doesn't look that impressive how they just copy pasted bits of hair in front of the face so you can still see a bit of her face on the sides at certain angles and that weird hunched over grandma pose she sometimes has.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811451#Comment_2811451

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811445#Comment_2811445

    so fun fact, Hag is average

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HGVR2OF5WKHS/image.png

    So is Freddy, Pig, Spirit, Legion, Ghostface, Trickster, etc. So it does seem liek Sadako is the first small killer.

    But something I found kinda funny:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BLROEMUAM5AN/image.png

    That white box is apparently the difference between an average killer (artist) and a tall killer (pinhead).

    Thanks for clarifying :)

  • I played this version on the PTB as both killer and survivor and while I really enjoy The Onryo's flavor, she seems fairly underpowered. She's not fast, her stealth isn't that great and she has no reliable way of condemning survivors.

    I feel like upping the radius of condemning while coming out of a TV would be super helpful in this regard, but she still suffers a lot while trying to loop survivors. This means that even if a survivor gets their meter to full, she can't capitalize on it like Pyramid Head and his barbed wire.

    Maybe Condemn could cause broken until it is cured. This would make the meter more concerning as right now, a healthy survivor has to be hit twice by a killer with no range.

    Otherwise making Condemn more permanent could raise the stakes. Maybe inserting a tape could revert less than it does or you gain it passively while near a TV just like while you hold a tape.

    Again, her style and design is super interesting, but I can see her shortcomings really tanking the fun of playing her and I don't think the solution to her weaknesses is just to make her fast. If anyone has other suggestions, I'd love to see them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Getting a LOT of value with Make your Choice with The Onryo.

    A killer that can cross the map and return in an instant is PERFECT for this perk!

    Its also super easy to get stacks of Play With Your Food, as phasing and teleporting drops chase immediately. (The panic people have when they're Exposed and you've got 2 stacks of PWYF - ZOOMING out of those Televisions.

    Paired with Rancor and Furtive Chase - no regression required! Assuming you can get everyone on a hook to block the gens.

    use her own scourge hook perk for maximum MYC value. retribution on steroids

  • Sadaku´s curse is useless, plus she´s very weak looping.

    Just another killer that will be fun playing for 3 or 4 matches and then MMR will crush you. New boon toten in the shack will make it impossible to loop it... Nice job BHVR!

    BHVR deserves a tremendous flop with this DLC, hope you learn, but unfortunately the devs won´t do it (that lame Q&A showed this).

  • Feedback on The Onryo so far;

    -Condemned status is too slow to progress and depletes too much.

    Thats it lol, the only issue im finding with the killer is that actually killing with ability takes too too too too long, the TV's can also be tweaked to increase their radius of applying condemned I feel or have it so that theres always 1 tv in the vicinity of a generator since thats the only way her projection power will get condemn stacks.

    Alternatively making it so survivors gain condemn in other ways would also work id say.

  • I played Survivors and Maniac in the new PTB 5.6.0. No one will argue that the game interpretation of the new killer is very good. But in terms of gameplay, everything is not so good. The fact is that the killer is frankly weak. The power of a maniac associated with cassettes? You can forget about it - it does not work. As a result, a maniac with 4.6 speed and M1 attack, with the transition to stealth as [Pig]. Nothing helps Sadako catch survivors. Think teleportation is a good way? Go to PTB and try it yourself. Televisions only add mobility, but do not help in the capture of the survivor.

    Now to the point. Teleportation that stacks "days" (streaks) on survivors is VERY easy to remove. VERY. Moreover, the survivor may not pick up the cassette at all for the whole game, they do not interfere with him. Even if Sadako teleports, the time to re-teleport is 100 seconds. It's okay. For if the developers think that by reducing the cooldown on the teleport, they will achieve a better return on the maniac - they are mistaken.

    The funny thing is that one survivor can collect ALL the cassettes from the map, and then insert them into one TV with a flick of the wrist. Moreover, Sadako does not receive any notification when the cassettes are confiscated. It's really sad

    Even if Sadako doesn't have a good ability to catch survivors in pursuit, it's a MUST to remake Sadako's power.

    Use my thought sketches to adjust the maniac's strength to your liking.

    So: Condemned accumulates regardless of whether there is a cassette in the hands of the survivor - or not. The match starts already with one cassette in the hands of the survivor. A Survivor can remove Condemned from himself ONLY by passing the cassette to another Survivor via an interaction. You can remove Condemned in this way only once.

  • I'm Ps5 so I've got a question for anybody with some experience and understanding of the Onryō powers.

    How much Condemned progress does a survivor gain from being in range of a TV when she projects to it?

    (On the wiki it labels the amounts for all other instances but not this)


    When a survivor returns a tape to the highlighted TV, other than removing a large amount of condemned, does anything else happen? I.e. does it turn off that TV? Does it cause any TV's to turn back on that have been turned off?

    (Curious due to wording of "sharing the video with other survivors" )


    When a survivor is fully Condemned is there a time limit or natural drop of the condemned meter, or do they need to take a tape to the TV to lose it?


    Does downing or hooking a partially condemned survivor reset the meter (like ghost face)?


    Are there any other things people noticed about her abilities that wasn't described in the description?

    Thanks to any and all willing to help me with this!😊

  • @voorheesgt said:

    I'm Ps5 so I've got a question for anybody with some experience and understanding of the Onryō powers.

    How much Condemned progress does a survivor gain from being in range of a TV when she projects to it?

    (On the wiki it labels the amounts for all other instances but not this)

    When a survivor returns a tape to the highlighted TV, other than removing a large amount of condemned, does anything else happen? I.e. does it turn off that TV? Does it cause any TV's to turn back on that have been turned off?

    (Curious due to wording of "sharing the video with other survivors" )

    When a survivor is fully Condemned is there a time limit or natural drop of the condemned meter, or do they need to take a tape to the TV to lose it?

    Does downing or hooking a partially condemned survivor reset the meter (like ghost face)?

    Are there any other things people noticed about her abilities that wasn't described in the description?

    Thanks to any and all willing to help me with this!😊

    The HUD has 7 sections before you're fully condemned. She fills up 1 of the sections for every teleport, you remove 3.5 whenever you deliver the tape. Gain 1 section when you collect a tape and 1 section for every TV you turn off.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2814780#Comment_2814780

    The HUD has 7 sections before you're fully condemned. She fills up 1 of the sections for every teleport, you remove 3.5 whenever you deliver the tape. Gain 1 section when you collect a tape and 1 section for every TV you turn off.

    Thank you GBK for clearing that part up and so quickly! I appreciate the extra effort you put into this for us controller jockeys😃

  • Does anyone else think adult Yoichi is a strange choice for a survivor? Especially since he never appears in the films as an adult (not sure about the later books).

  • @WretchedElk said:

    Does anyone else think adult Yoichi is a strange choice for a survivor? Especially since he never appears in the films as an adult (not sure about the later books).

    I actually think it's great, and @PixelBush put it best imo- Ringu is all about passing on the curse to others in a continuous cycle, so for Yoichi to take on his mother's burden is incredibly thematic.

    IMG_20220217_155541.jpg


  • it frustrates me when people are not using the new killer or new perks in PTB

  • I figured it out guys. Just grant two stacks when she teleports to incentivize and reward her frequent teleporting style. This would also give some power and urgency to the condemned status without making it too overpowered where you can just Mori everyone at 3 gens.

    And remove the slowdown for her manifesting. Yes it's there, and yes it's a brief 5% slowdown. But why are we hindering a basic m1 killer anyways? She already has no anti loop or power in chases, which is fine. But does she really need to be slowed down as well? It makes no sense.

  • Thank you for posting.

    Admittedly the only thing I care about this patch is that stretch res has been fixed according to BHVR. It's one of the main things that's made me hesitant to play because I don't like speculating on whether people playing were legitimate or not.

  • Clump of Hair and Reiko's Watch sound like a fun combo. Match it with Tinkerer and Merciless Storm and survivors will be caught off guard and left guessing.

    Tape Editing Deck/Yoichi's Fishing Net seems interesting, but I think the time to condemned needs to be stortened slightly or the level of condemned removed when copying tape needs to be decreased.

  • Not played the new chapter but im sensing she is more fun to go against than she is to play imo.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Not played the new chapter but im sensing she is more fun to go against than she is to play imo.

    she's a little like legion in that it's kinda not fun to be an m1 killer in chase but also being hypermobile with your teleports is a lot more fun than legion ever could be which also to me outweighed the very loopable aspect of her kit.

    but i am sensing bamboozle + enduring being very very good perks on her.

  • @Rooftopper said:

    it frustrates me when people are not using the new killer or new perks in PTB

    To be fair the survivor perks are boring they don't offer anything new you'd think he'd have original perks considering he's the first psychic survivor I haven't seen anyone using them the killer however has really good perks her power could use a buff but she's super fun to play as and against

  • Big thanks for doing this @GoodBoyKaru .

    I've posted about this before, but I don't know why there wasn't an official release of this information, rather than one of the Community having to do it.

  • @Supernaut said:

    Big thanks for doing this @GoodBoyKaru .

    I've posted about this before, but I don't know why there wasn't an official release of this information, rather than one of the Community having to do it.

    bhvr took pity on me and decided to give me a way to farm meaningless forums upvotes thats all

    (i honestly have no clue but im glad i could help out people)

  • I think her curse could be applied when she hits a survivor! would be a great way to force them interact with the tvs!

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    She has a 24 meter terror radius tho.

    image.png image.png

    I love basic reading comprehension

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    She has a 24 meter terror radius tho.

    Prett sure that’s one of the changes they revealed for the live version compared to PTB. This thread was still a PTB info summary..

  • Lol when are they gonna shorten dc penalty times to just permanently 5 or 15 minutes they shouldn’t really be any higher than that

  • @TheCursedTitan said:

    Lol when are they gonna shorten dc penalty times to just permanently 5 or 15 minutes they shouldn’t really be any higher than that

    just don't dc lol

  • I mean not everyone has spare time some get off to go do something that just came up or anything else, personally it’s not really fair to people like that cause what are you supposed to do just stand there and let the killer basically get points off of you when you aren’t even playing?

  • I don’t even really ragequit it’s just I get off cause I have certain things I have to take care of and it’s like a higher priority but when it transfers over to everytime I play it’s a bit ridiculous if it’s not gonna at least reset everyday it should at least be limited

  • @TheCursedTitan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835848#Comment_2835848

    I mean not everyone has spare time some get off to go do something that just came up or anything else, personally it’s not really fair to people like that cause what are you supposed to do just stand there and let the killer basically get points off of you when you aren’t even playing?

    if you have to go do something then the 5 minute penalty wont affect you. if you have to do it multiple times in a single day then maybe pick a better day to play a live service game.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835850#Comment_2835850

    if you have to go do something then the 5 minute penalty wont affect you. if you have to do it multiple times in a single day then maybe pick a better day to play a live service game.

    Nah what’s happening to me is it’s transferring over days constantly, like I haven’t played since Thursday and I got a longer ban today mines just not resetting at all

  • @TheCursedTitan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835862#Comment_2835862

    Nah what’s happening to me is it’s transferring over days constantly, like I haven’t played since Thursday and I got a longer ban today mines just not resetting at all

    it should begin to decrease after 24 hours of not disconnecting.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835865#Comment_2835865

    it should begin to decrease after 24 hours of not disconnecting.

    Should being key word but eh been playing this game for years so it doesn’t surprise me it’s not that it’s not a good game people make it un fun cause that’s just the people who play it

  • @TheCursedTitan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835871#Comment_2835871

    Should being key word but eh been playing this game for years so it doesn’t surprise me it’s not that it’s not a good game people make it un fun cause that’s just the people who play it

    Oh yeah I agree, people make it unfun. Like those that often dc and let their team alone to lose and make it an overall bad match for everyone.

  • I'm scared that the new boon will make it harder to tell the difference between a subtle cheater and someone just using the perk. It's something that has plagued the game recently, and it now may just become really hard to tell the difference between someone who's cheating or someone who's simply using the new perk.


    I'm expecting a big increase in cheaters when the chapter drops for that reason.

  • @Smiler said:

    I have (sadly) noticed that Sadaka has a "secret" jumpscare in the killer lobby. Took me around 5m to try to get it back again, so it's quite rare.

    It got me hard while reading her power ;(

    I believe it happens every 7 minutes if that helps!

1 2 ›