What do you think will the new killer power be?

I think she will have some kind of teleport and maybe stealth. Any ideas?

Comments

  • I think she will have some kind of boring overpowered anti-loop power. Like most killers they have recently released.

  • She could curse a person and hunt them down in their own dimension, and she could teleport around with wells too.

  • @BoriskyTheFox said:

    I think she will have some kind of boring overpowered anti-loop power. Like most killers they have recently released.

    What's not being to you then? An easy to dodge m1 killer?

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I think she will have some kind of teleport and maybe stealth. Any ideas?

    Hard to say maybe just a variation on what spirit does but honestly with how the game is now is it worth getting hyped up for a killer who's going to get trashed soon after release?

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806814#Comment_2806814

    What's not being to you then? An easy to dodge m1 killer?

    I just want a killer that has a fair power. I think everyone can easily tell that anti loop killers make the game worse.

  • @BoriskyTheFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806963#Comment_2806963

    I just want a killer that has a fair power. I think everyone can easily tell that anti loop killers make the game worse.

    So basically, a killer even a worst survivors can loop for 3 minutes straight, right?

  • @BoriskyTheFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806963#Comment_2806963

    I just want a killer that has a fair power. I think everyone can easily tell that anti loop killers make the game worse.

    Riiight and the fact that looping now is pointless endevors thanks to too many safe pallets or just general map pressure not existing and the gen speed now has no bearing as to why anti loops are more desirable.

  • I'm really hoping on a information based killer

    Been a while since we had one of those

  • @q6iha34x1r69psli7pg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806972#Comment_2806972

    No, anti loop killers prevent predrop+teabag, therefore make the game better.

    You just proved that you are killer biased with this reply "I dont want survivors to tbag because my ego cant take it. I want to get undeserved downs"

  • @BoriskyTheFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806992#Comment_2806992

    You just proved that you are killer biased with this reply "I dont want survivors to tbag because my ego cant take it. I want to get undeserved downs"

    And this doesn't make you survivor biased?

  • "Press the Power Button to make the survivor hold W or get a guaranteed hit".

  • I think she will be half Demo and half Pinhead. How?


    Every survivor will has curse bar. When it gets full, you will need to find television and copy it. If you won't do that, Sadako (Samara) will see your aura everywhere, so you will not be safe. So if you copy it, your bar will reset for minute maybe? Or maybe longer, idk numbers can change.

    And also Sadako will put wells like Demo and she can use them for teleport.

  • No. Because im making reasonable suggestions.

  • I'm thinking world objects, like the Pig's Macabre Devices or the Plague's Fountains. The objects (TVs) work like Ghostface, where looking at one for too long triggers an effect. Maybe, the survivor's camera is locked onto the TV while the killer crawls out of it, if they choose to teleport to it like the Hag.

  • She gets a power that lets her mori survivors in it's ultimatum

  • @Bwsted said:

    "Press the Power Button to make the survivor hold W or get a guaranteed hit".

    Yep, this is my fear as well. Just another Anti-Loop Killer.

    And Killers will complain about Survivors holding W, because there is nothing else to do against a Killer which cannot be looped.


    @Topic:

    I think she will have a Teleport, but I dont know if it will be with fixed Wells. Because a Teleport with fixed Locations might not be that good (Freddy has it as well, but at least he is at a Gen after teleporting, aka most likely close to a Survivor).

    Maybe another timed power, representing the Videotapes in the movie. So maybe a hybrid between Demo/Freddy and Pig.

    I just hope that she does not have an Anti-Loop Power, because there were too many of those Killers lately and removing the skillful part of playing Survivor (which is Looping and chaining structures) is not really good. I dont want to play another Killer where I just get Survivors because we both hold W and I am faster than them (which makes Artist unfun for me to play - I place a crow at a Loop, the Survivor leaves the Loop and this will be repeated until I get the Down..).

    I HOPE for a Mobility-Killer since those are more fun to play against and to play as (at least for me). But I dont think it will be very fitting.

  • No you are not, you are going after anti loopers saying they are "unfun" without understanding as to why they have become the norm. Then say to someone who has made a good point of anti loopers existing (dealing with pre dropped pallets) by saying that "you're just killer biased and want undeserving wins" like a one-sided biased person would do when they have no reasonable counterargument.

    Here's something else if the really gave that much of a ######### about variety the easiest way to fix it is to nerf DH. That perks has been a thorn in people's side for a good long while and I could see more variety of playstyles being played if that and maybe a couple of others got nerfed

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    I think she will be half Demo and half Pinhead. How?

    Every survivor will has curse bar. When it gets full, you will need to find television and copy it. If you won't do that, Sadako (Samara) will see your aura everywhere, so you will not be safe. So if you copy it, your bar will reset for minute maybe? Or maybe longer, idk numbers can change.

    And also Sadako will put wells like Demo and she can use them for teleport.

    Will it be worth getting her though? Much like most killers now I just hope they can actually be fun to play as but, my patience with these devs has all but left because these devs have had chance after chance after chance to fix their ######### and decided to just ignore the issues and just kept proceeding with what they want.

  • Anything, except another anti-loop power.

  • I think she may be able to curse Survivors to make them vulnerable, a bit like Ghostface and Michael.

  • I'm hoping it's something really different and unexpected. I figure wells and teleporting is a given, but I'd like to see BHVR get really creative, because the standard mechanics (looping and W holding) are as dull as dishwater. Not optimistic, but this seems like an opportunity to do something unconventional.

  • I don't know that much about this killer's source material, but from what I do know I'd hazard a guess that there'll be a teleport mechanic and some kind of unique status effect that she inflicts on survivors. Maybe with some kind of timing mechanic a la Pig's RBTs?

    I'm honestly really excited to see what it is, I'm super curious.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    I'm hoping it's something really different and unexpected. I figure wells and teleporting is a given, but I'd like to see BHVR get really creative, because the standard mechanics (looping and W holding) are as dull as dishwater. Not optimistic, but this seems like an opportunity to do something unconventional.

    Judging by their latest killer designs, She is just going to be another anti loop killer that has no counterplay.

  • You become cursed and the longer you go without removing the curse (maybe you have to give it to another survivor) the more debuffs you get. If you wait too long then the killer will be able to instadown you and eventually Mori you.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807011#Comment_2807011

    Yep, this is my fear as well. Just another Anti-Loop Killer.

    And Killers will complain about Survivors holding W, because there is nothing else to do against a Killer which cannot be looped.

    @Topic:

    I think she will have a Teleport, but I dont know if it will be with fixed Wells. Because a Teleport with fixed Locations might not be that good (Freddy has it as well, but at least he is at a Gen after teleporting, aka most likely close to a Survivor).

    Maybe another timed power, representing the Videotapes in the movie. So maybe a hybrid between Demo/Freddy and Pig.

    I just hope that she does not have an Anti-Loop Power, because there were too many of those Killers lately and removing the skillful part of playing Survivor (which is Looping and chaining structures) is not really good. I dont want to play another Killer where I just get Survivors because we both hold W and I am faster than them (which makes Artist unfun for me to play - I place a crow at a Loop, the Survivor leaves the Loop and this will be repeated until I get the Down..).

    I HOPE for a Mobility-Killer since those are more fun to play against and to play as (at least for me). But I dont think it will be very fitting.

    I think the Artist is fun as hell. Not so much closing off loops (really good survs can still loop her to an extent), but the crow sniping. It is its own spin on the projectile killer, but takes more nuance.

    I really just want something that doesn't involve chasing a surv across the map, or doing the same tired dance around tiles I've done thousands of times with thousands of survivors, and somehow always feels the same.

  • @BoriskyTheFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807068#Comment_2807068

    Judging by their latest killer designs, She is just going to be another anti loop killer that has no counterplay.

    I don't know which version of DbD you're playing, but we have gotten a single good Killer since Blight, that being Artist, and she has counters. Everything else since then has been low B tier at best and below. Only exception being Twins, starting off at A tier, which have gotten an indirect nerf ever since their release dropping them around C tier

  • @BoriskyTheFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807068#Comment_2807068

    Judging by their latest killer designs, She is just going to be another anti loop killer that has no counterplay.

    ...There's been one anti-loop killer in the past year, two if you're extremely generous with that term and count Artist. All of them have counterplay, too.

  • @BoriskyTheFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807068#Comment_2807068

    Judging by their latest killer designs, She is just going to be another anti loop killer that has no counterplay.

    All the killers have counterplay, at least since the Spirit was nerfed, just not always the boilerplate counterplay many survs feel entitled to. And the anti-loop killers can actually still be looped, if you're really determined (and good enough).

    They don't need to go back to standard killer design, they need to go even more different. I like being kept on my toes. What that looks like, I can't say, I don't get paid to design killers.

  • I’m pretty curious what it’ll be since they’ve hinted a couple of times that curses are different from the types of killers they’ve done. If I had to guess

    • Television on the map in places where Jigsaw boxes can spawn. These could be both teleportation sites for her and sites where survivors go to cleanse themselves of curses similar to Plague’s fountains.
    • The ability to curse survivors with negative conditions over time. The exact effects could be anything, including blindness, exhaustion, hallucinations, the killer seeing their auras, incapacitation, exposed, etc. And given how her curses progress in the stories the longer the survivor goes uncleansed the worse the curse becomes.
    • How curses are inflicted mechanically could be anything, but one possibility I like is when a survivor has her in their field of view their curse meter increases, building up tokens with the nature and severity of the curses growing the more tokens it has. With that system she’s be a killer survivors are literally afraid to look at while doing gens or running away. (I’ve previously said this system could make for a great Medusa killer but it would work well here too I think.)

    So if it’s the above she’d have a teleport a little like Freddy, slow down a little like Pig or Plague where survivors have to take time to visit sites to do rituals, and in lieu of anti-loop or direct damage at range more of a passive ability that hinders survivors in various ways to make it easier for her to ambush and kill survivors over time by preying on their greed or hubris if they ignore her curses.


    Fingers Crossed 🤞! Regardless of what they do I’m definitely more excited about this chapter than I was Silent Hill and Resident Evil in terms of the licenses. Never got into either of those games but The Ring is one of my favorite horror movies of all time.

  • What's important in anti-loop is HOW they anti-loop anyway, this game doesn't have anything more than anti-loop or map pressure.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807075#Comment_2807075

    All the killers have counterplay, at least since the Spirit was nerfed, just not always the boilerplate counterplay many survs feel entitled to. And the anti-loop killers can actually still be looped, if you're really determined (and good enough).

    They don't need to go back to standard killer design, they need to go even more different. I like being kept on my toes. What that looks like, I can't say, I don't get paid to design killers.

    All killers have counterplay? LOL. Good joke.

  • Good joke or bad player, choose wisely.

  • She's probably going to be like PH in a way, being able to Mori survivors if they are cursed.

    I hope she is going to be stealthy but with something fun and not boring like Ghostface and Myers.

  • Some kind of curse mechanic where survivors have to make copies of a tape at TVs around the map to pass the curse to another player. Built in Mori similar to Pyramid Head if the survivors don't pass the curse. Also some mobility with the TVs.

  • As other people have mentioned, I'd expect her to have some kind of chase or teleportation ability, alongside a passive slowdown:

    •A cursed tape randomly spawns on the map.

    •If a survivor gets too close, they will become affected with the 7 curses status effect.

    •Every twenty seconds, the affected survivor gets the following curses:

    20 seconds: generator repair, heal, unhook, sabotage, totem cleansing and blessing speeds are reduced by 10%

    -40 seconds: all action speeds are reduced by 30%

    -60 seconds: movement speed reduced by 10%

    -80 seconds: exhaustion, blindness and broken if injured, becomes broken when injured

    -100 seconds: hallucinations, incapacitated

    -120 seconds: running is disabled

    -140 seconds: the killer may instantly teleport to the survivor and kill them.

    •The 7 curses status effect can be cleansed by passing the cursed tape to another survivor, causing them to become affected.

    •A survivor that has already been affected may not be cursed again.

  • If she doesn't crawl out of a Television or Well I will be extremely disappointed