The devs don’t actually answer questions during their stream
Ive watched the streams for a while now, and whenever the devs are asked questions regarding mechanic or balance changes, 75% of the time they don’t actually give a substantive answer
Just earlier, someone asked about Freddy and they hardly went into detail on the projected changes or thoughts. Same with DS, hatch, etc... we ask about potential new game modes and no specific details are given...
It’s frustrating as someone who supports this game to just be given empty statements rather than cogent responses
Just earlier, someone asked about Freddy and they hardly went into detail on the projected changes or thoughts. Same with DS, hatch, etc... we ask about potential new game modes and no specific details are given...
It’s frustrating as someone who supports this game to just be given empty statements rather than cogent responses
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Here you go.
Enjoy the talk about a OP Freddy.
how about you drop some time stamps for me as to where exactly Mcote talks about these things, lol.
The whole point is to provide evidence not make me sift through a 59 minute video.
Devs already said that definitely want to work on Freddy, but how can you expect an answer if they still need to go through some more ideas and testing?
You want them to lie to you?
You want them to give you false expectations?
Devs are being careful with their statements especially because of people like you and other issues in the past, like the rework on DS and all the people who came to the forums to yell and complain. Devs have learnt that is better to not say anything till they are sure.
Btw, you should be thankful for the feedback they provide, few companies are that responsive.
You asked for proof, I provided it. Not my problem if you can't be bothered to actually watch a dev stream.
I can see both sides of the argument here but in this instance if he turns around or someone else did and posted a 5 hour video etc and said there's your proof. Based on the past responses given by some of the killer mains on here giving a timestamp is a fair thing to do.
If you know where the info is a simple it's around x time is more than appropriate to prove your point similar to the discussion about the timestamp around the 17 discussion.
hey. they're talking about a killer review bomb. hahaha.
Because that's exactly what happened in the past. He asked for proof, I provided it with time stamps and then he ignored it and changed subject. Back then it was about face camping.
Ok fair enough, it looked like based upon what you'd said that you knew exactly where it was so the clarification is nice. I'll try and re-watch it later if my migraine stops nagging me for a bit so I can see what you're both talking about.
So at 3:54 he says "Freddy is extremely powerful" and then a few seconds later he states "a lot of people DC when they see freddy". This is pre nerf as far as I can tell.
they say NOTHING about statistics, I asked you for proof of them making false statements about statistics and all you have is McCote saying something about freddy being strong (pre nerf) and that people DC against him, nothing about differentiating between kills or DCs and no reason to either as he isn't tying these statements to stats.
Once again, a killer main giving absolutely no evidence of the "lies" BHVR spread, LOL.
Why are you calling me a killer main?
I played almost exclusively survivor for the last 4-5 months.
Yea, I watched the entire video just because I knew you wouldn't prove a single damn thing, and guess what, you didn't.
I invite you watch the entire thing and if you can point out to what I apparently missed, because it never gets said, continue telling me I make things up while it's the only thing you do.
I call you a killer main because thats the side you moan for on here, you've figured you're not good at killer so you constantly want things to make it easier, so far as to make things up saying the devs lie about stats and then show a video where they don't even mentions stats in the ENTIRE video.
You didn't even check or know your own evidence, just assumed I wouldn't look through the video.
You are usually the first to say : escaping =/= winning.
That a PIP is enought, and that the killer should content himself with it instead of tryharding for his 4K.
LUL you just found with these stats a new toy to troll peoples with .
As usual, Devs brings sketchy and non clear data to help fitting the survivor mains narrative in the community.
So killer mains can "shut the hell up and quit winhing "
Remember this time when they pathetically tried to make peoples believe that SelfCare was only used in 1/4 of the lobby, hence why it didn't need a rework and there are no problems, killers are just crybabies...
So much disrespect for one part of your community.
But nothing news, Devs and toxic survivor mains tends to hope that peoples are stupid enough to forget about their behaviors and shenaningans, i'm not even surprised.
Right, and what's your point? Killers arguments on the forums is they can't kill survivors well enough, they are too strong, these stats directly refute that point and say "Hey, survivors actually die more than they survive, so they aren't that strong"
It has absolutely nothing to do with what I think "winning" or "losing" is, it simply shows that survivors are more likely to die in a trial than survive, but yea sure, lets pretend it's somehow linked to what I consider a win condition.
Oh yea, that stat they released one and a half years ago that people like you constantly bring up, LOL.
You defeat your own arguments one after another.
As if stats don't change or anything?
all in all, another useless post from Giche that means nothing.
The fact that many people are liking his comments is sad but honestly I’m not surprised with how immature and illogical this community can be
You know what are they enjoying in his posts ?
The fact that he can spew as much non sense as possible to start flamewars without facing consequences, and the facts that peoples still reply to him even knowing his usual shenaningan.
And that peoples replying to him, unlike him, has to choose their words carefully.
Don't complain about your lack of reading comprehension if you're not even willing to read what others has to say lol.
Honestly trying to read anything you post is... tough.
I'll keep my reading comprehension just below that of your typing comprehension so I can continue to ignore what you post and read everything else people put, that makes sense to me.
You're so smart, Giche.
Thank you.
@SenzuDuck
No u.
Lul keep lowering the bar, that's what you do the best .
Why argue points when I type something like this
and your reply is one sentence? You can't argue your side and instead ignore all points made by other people so you can then call them out later in a conversation and say "you're out of arguments" when it's you that shys away from them in the first place.
I was answering to this :
Just commenting on how much you can twist and willingly misinterpret things to fit your narrative depending of the subject.
I had nothing else to add, hence why i encouraged you to read it again.
Replying to what ?
This ?
Strawmans, ad hominem...
Are you blaming me for not taking the bait ? lmao
I never bringed their stats as an argument, the only time you could see me mentioning it was in answers to peoples like you who always used it as a proof that SWF isn't a problem.
I personally never trusted anyone of the Devs stats, they are ALL skewed from the get go, hence why not reliable.
But hey, i wonder why i even bother, you are not here to discuss anything.
How I wish we can all be, regardless of mains ❤️
If you always pay as little attention while watching streams, it explains why you got so many things wrong. I mean it's in the first 5 minutes... like really?
Timestamps 3:45 and 4:14
I even took my time to search you the previous stream with the graphics.
Timestamp 22:44
But I'm sure you'll find an excuse to claim that's not true or something.
I didn't watch the entire thing, NO WONDER WHY THEY NEVER ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BECAUSE YOUR NOT THERE LONG ENOUGH TO HEAR THE QUESTIONS!!!!
Edit: I was wrong. Was said before rank resets.
Hey, while you are allowed to discuss things, please do not make it personal and keep it on topic.
Also to answer, the devs are also restricted by what they can say, so they can't mention everything. If they're doing Freddy changes, they just can't talk about everything.
Bro, your argument was started because you said devs LIE about stats, WHAT STATS do they lie about in the two time stamps your posted?
The two things are the two things i POINTED out in my first reply to you. They don't state that "we can't differentiate between DC & Kills" and they don't tie that in with any stats either.
You DIDNT prove they lied about stats which is what I ASKED you for.
Your own time stamps prove you wrong.
and THEN you move the goalpost and say "hey, here's another video btw"
Like come on Tsulan, what even.
Your proof of them giving us false stats is them saying "Freddy is tough" & "People DC against Freddy"
And just to bring it up, the SECOND video you post is about pre nerf freddy so
WHILE THOSE STATS WERE PROBABLY TRUE AT THE TIME
after his NERF it is likely they would have changed.
Good job Tsulan, proving nothing, again.
Whenever a survivor DC's or doesn't load into the game, you'll get 25% bonus points to the Devout emblem for every survivor who DC'd. Obviously you know this but here's the scary part, whenever you check your Devout emblem post-trial, you'll see survivors who DC'd be marked as mori'd such as "25% Survivor Moris" So, knowing how the system tracks DCs as Survivor Moris, could this have skewed the statistics? Knowing this and how survivors were killing themselves during the Hollowed Blight event to get more nectar faster. I think the statistics are misleading slightly in my opinion and should be around the 50% area, however I do agree with you, killer is getting less stressful.
I'm not entirely sure how they're tracking it but I'd wager a bet the statistic only matters if they either 1. Exit through a gate, or 2. Leave via hatch.
I honestly can't see them tracking "Survivor Escape Rate" by seeing who the killer does and doesn't kill, that would be a real odd way of tracking it, imo.
But hey, they might and that would make the statics BS, but as you can see in this thread, a lot of people are just saying the stats aren't true "because bhvr" pretty much.
As I said before, they either don't know how to read their own stats or do it on purpose. There's a saying: never trust a chart you haven't manipulated yourself.
Devs called Freddy OP. When the only thing that was op, was the amount of new players. Because he was released on a free weekend which also had double bloodpoints. Pre nerf Freddy was weak to begin with, but that's a whole different story.
Devs also admitted in a different stream that they made a mistake regarding Freddy. But over 1 year passed and they didn't revoke that mistake. Half the time the game existed...
As others pointed out, ranks don't mean anything, because people derank or play with lower ranks on their stream.
Until they rework the whole rank system and give out rewards for staying on high ranks, this situation won't change.
Well yea, what's the point in providing old statistics? Your point would be valid if they were still saying Freddy is too strong, which they aren't.
This data is PRE NERF, so like I said, while it is very likely the DATA was true when it was released it certainly isn't true now. I really don't understand how you can even argue this.
I asked you to provide proof that they lie, you've provided proof of them saying he was strong and people DC against him, which they DID NOT provide data on in that stream.
It's like if you brought up data about plague deaths now and said that they lied and misrepresented data if they showed you a chart of deaths from the 1300s
Literally nobody says this, not a single page on google has this "saying". You're making up even more things.
I don't even know what you're talking about here, they said he was strong, they nerfed him. They're now redoing him. There was no misrepresentation of data, like you claim.
So? You're literally the definition of what I always get called, A Strawman. Why are you talking to me about Freddy Buffs & Dev Mistakes. Your whole basis for your argument was that devs lie about facts, no one, especially the Devs are saying Freddy is strong right now, everyone agrees he is less efficient at killing than other killers.
Oh dear "on their stream" another whiny little moaner that blames streamers for everything, and again another topic that has NOTHING to do with devs lying about stats, WHY can't you get it into your head that YOU started an argument accusing the devs of LYING about stats and saying theres "proof" of it and you haven't provided A SINGLE BIT.
I think almost every "killer" main I've actually conversed on this forum with have openly admitted to deranking, lmfao, some of them even DC depending on map, I don't get the fixation with attaching streamers to this, yet another strawman argument.
Yes, this is also about how devs lie about stats, you just can't stay on topic. Absolute facepalm.
Good job Tsulan, proving nothing, again.
Btw, I don't know if my answers got listed correctly. Since I'm answering from my phone.
Jesus, I can't even handle you, you LITERALLY typed the quote wrong in the first place, for the love of god if you're going to try and act smart be consistent, don't misquote something and then try and make me look stupid. LOL
Again, still completely avoiding the whole reason this conversation is happening and trying to make it seem like I'm in the wrong.
All i asked you is to prove that they lied about stats, which you were 100% they had, and were 100% you could prove, which you have not done, but you constantly change the subject of this conversation in some way to avoid the embarrassment.
Yea, they haven't made killers as a whole even stronger and survivors even weaker, it's the same thing with self care whiners.
They nerfed the entirety of healing instead of just one perk, they've nerfed the entirety of surviving and made all killers stronger in the process. Again, no proof the devs lied about anything which is the reason this conversation even started.
Yes, I play SWF with low ranks, I also play SWF with high ranks, I also play SWF without any comms what so ever. I've played rank one killers and had a team of rank 14s. What is your point Tsulan, oh yea, your point is that you can't prove what you've said so you're constantly talking about nothing, like you always do.
I can assure you this isn't personal, every topic I'm in, you're in. I asked you one simple question, which was to prove that the devs lied about statistics. All you've done is lie and post some links to some streams that proved you wrong because you were too lazy to watch them yourself.
Stop spreading lies because you have issues with the devs because they don't pander to your every whim, it's embarrassing.
Let's move on from this conversation because once again Tsulan, you have proved nothing.
Well, it depends what direction you are facing the rock. Hex totems are really bright and can be easily seen, I don't struggle to find totems on hills since ya know, a totem is always gonna spawn on one of the hills in the first place.
"Eventually. Yeah, there are probably fewer survivals now with all of the survivor nerfs. Um, I highly doubt it. I don't see any reason to be cynical when they have had nearly a year of progress."
Honestly, the developers have been doing a great job with their project regardless of the few bumps on the road. However, telling me I'm cynical is not fair since you don't know what the developers will do next which is the scary part. Just like they said with the DS changes, they told us it will be coming on the next PTB but it never came, they should've said it might be on the next PTB since it wouldn't have disappointed as many people including myself. I don't judge, the developers obviously have a lot of things on their hands and it's definitely hard for them to provide us a great game. I'm thankful for what we have currently and would love to see what's next, hopefully nothing bad.
Half of if you don’t even know what it means. You just throw the term out when someone has you cornered.
To read an correctly interpret graphs and stats, you need to understand mathematics.^^
Yea it’s weird, every killer seems to be having a hard time understanding that survivors die more than they survive, despite having the data infront of them.
Also, I may have done the maths wrong but my point was still correct. It’s more beneficial to heal each other. Why don’t you go and reply to the other post you spoke about this in where you’ve not replied to my breakdown where it’s more beneficial but have replied to everyone else. Let’s not forget to point out you replied to me every comment up until that breakdown.
-insert hurr durr maffs lol
No need to speak in the past… you are still not getting math right if you think self healing is beneficial to the killer.
-says no need to speak in the past, constantly brings up that I did maths wrong in a comments about a month ago LOL
Oh my god, another goal post change! Of course a perk creates for survivors isn’t beneficial for survivor but more time is wasted when self caring than healing each other. But you can go ahead and blame survivors for losing the killer. In all the scenarios you give the killer is losing injured players left and right.
Just goes to show what kind of matches you have given the silly little scenarios you always bring up. I’d much rather survivors self care for an entire match than heal each other 😂😂😂
>
That's not a month ago… you just did it again… you still do it wrong, that's the fun part why I keep mentioning it.^^