Its baffling how a big portion of the player base does not read

I played now a good bit of survivor, trying to push my rank before 13 and also i am actually enjoying the event, its really well made this time for both sides.

However I do have to say that some ppl do really kill the fun of the game.

I met a claudette that spawned with me very close to a envelope, I reached it first and opened it infront of her, she was looking at me for a few sec and just literally dcd. I asked her later why she did that and she said "cuz you took my envelope, hope you die of cancer".

If she would be able to read then she would know that you actually want that other ppl take your envelope cuz thats how you unlock the items...

This didnt happen just once, I get every few games 1 person that reacts like that. Since we end up in a 3man its basicly game over.

Comments

  • Those people are like 13 years old, don't take it to heart.

  • i have never seen that happen but im not surprised considering its the DBD community.

  • The reaction (DCing and the Postgame Chat) is extreme. However, if players would let others actually reveal their own Envelopes, this would be even more BPs for everyone.

    So there is a difference between grabbing an envelope and waiting until it is revealed.

  • Reading is for nerds!

  • Why read when you can just DC if the game doesnt go your way even for a second?

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Reading is for nerds!

    true πŸ˜‚

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    Those people are like 13 years old, don't take it to heart.

    its hard not to if you lose the game cuz of that xD

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Why read when you can just DC if the game doesnt go your way even for a second?

    yep its the similar thing where survivors dc if they get downed really quick in the game. Just sad that ppl like that dont get like a extra dc penalty since they dcd right at the start.

  • So you admit that you did open their envelope?

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784900#Comment_2784900

    yep its the similar thing where survivors dc if they get downed really quick in the game. Just sad that ppl like that dont get like a extra dc penalty since they dcd right at the start.

    Or at least make remaining players not lose pips/get more bp or something.

    Early game DC is a bummer

  • Honestly I find it funny take this game that seriously.

    Btw i don't think you know how the envelope works lol

    If the owner grabs their own envelope, it's revealed to everyone and another survivor can get it. This means that the owner gets more points overall. So if you waited for claudette to grab hers first then you still would've got been able to get it after. There's no way you would've known it was hers though until she got it.

    Either way I wish I could've seen her when this happened πŸ˜‚ I just love moments like this where someone, by accident, has great comedic timing.

  • My joke post aside, it is kind of counter intuitive how the envelopes work. I suppose if I had actually read it too I wouldn't have been confused but when I first played, I though if an envelope was picked up, EVERYONE got the points for it. It made me wonder why everyone was in such a panicky rush to pick up the envelopes (cause when people picked up my envelope, I saw I got points so I assumed).

    That doesn't make them throwing a childish fit right or justified (even if they were right and you stole their envelope from them even though we all know they're wrong).

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Honestly I find it funny take this game that seriously.

    Btw i don't think you know how the envelope works lol

    If the owner grabs their own envelope, it's revealed to everyone and another survivor can get it. This means that the owner gets more points overall. So if you waited for claudette to grab hers first then you still would've got been able to get it after. There's no way you would've known it was hers though until she got it.

    Either way I wish I could've seen her when this happened πŸ˜‚ I just love moments like this where someone, by accident, has great comedic timing.

    Actually she would, because it glows in a different colour than other people's envelopes and is available to see from the exact second the match begins.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784914#Comment_2784914

    Actually she would, because it glows in a different colour than other people's envelopes and is available to see from the exact second the match begins.

    I mean the OP wouldn't know it's definitely Claudettes. She could've just been wanting the points for herself.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784917#Comment_2784917

    I mean the OP wouldn't know it's definitely Claudettes. She could've just been wanting the points for herself.

    Oh mb misunderstood I'm dumb πŸƒ

  • We all have those moments don't worry lol

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I played now a good bit of survivor, trying to push my rank before 13 and also i am actually enjoying the event, its really well made this time for both sides.

    However I do have to say that some ppl do really kill the fun of the game.

    I met a claudette that spawned with me very close to a envelope, I reached it first and opened it infront of her, she was looking at me for a few sec and just literally dcd. I asked her later why she did that and she said "cuz you took my envelope, hope you die of cancer".

    If she would be able to read then she would know that you actually want that other ppl take your envelope cuz thats how you unlock the items...

    This didnt happen just once, I get every few games 1 person that reacts like that. Since we end up in a 3man its basicly game over.

    OH MY GOD. How about you even look into how to play the event properly by yourself? Its insane how many players dont know how this event is made up.

  • The Envelope, you opened it.

    I came.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I played now a good bit of survivor, trying to push my rank before 13 and also i am actually enjoying the event, its really well made this time for both sides.

    However I do have to say that some ppl do really kill the fun of the game.

    I met a claudette that spawned with me very close to a envelope, I reached it first and opened it infront of her, she was looking at me for a few sec and just literally dcd. I asked her later why she did that and she said "cuz you took my envelope, hope you die of cancer".

    If she would be able to read then she would know that you actually want that other ppl take your envelope cuz thats how you unlock the items...

    This didnt happen just once, I get every few games 1 person that reacts like that. Since we end up in a 3man its basicly game over.

    People that do this shouldn't play this in the first place,those kind of people always look to find something to complain about.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    So you admit that you did open their envelope?

    it was not a secret lol


  • @Tsulan said:

    The Envelope, you opened it.

    I came.

    That's awesome 🀣

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Honestly I find it funny take this game that seriously.

    Btw i don't think you know how the envelope works lol

    If the owner grabs their own envelope, it's revealed to everyone and another survivor can get it. This means that the owner gets more points overall. So if you waited for claudette to grab hers first then you still would've got been able to get it after. There's no way you would've known it was hers though until she got it.

    Either way I wish I could've seen her when this happened πŸ˜‚ I just love moments like this where someone, by accident, has great comedic timing.

    Ye exactly, since i didnt know it was her own I didnt wanted to get to the risk ,but again it doesnt mean to cuck everyone in the lobby.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784914#Comment_2784914

    Ye exactly, since i didnt know it was her own I didnt wanted to get to the risk ,but again it doesnt mean to cuck everyone in the lobby.

    True but it's funny.

    About 2 months ago I spawned in shack next to a Feng. She had a med-kit and saw the Plague fountain in the corner of shack. I just shook nodding at her as she stood still and dc'ed πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I was dying

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784914#Comment_2784914

    Ye exactly, since i didnt know it was her own I didnt wanted to get to the risk ,but again it doesnt mean to cuck everyone in the lobby.

    So you still think its their fault, if you dont know how to proerply play this event? You never even asked yourself, why you can see som in the distance but some not? Youre really not the smartest at all, right?

  • @Tiufal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784993#Comment_2784993

    So you still think its their fault, if you dont know how to proerply play this event? You never even asked yourself, why you can see som in the distance but some not? Youre really not the smartest at all, right?

    ok?

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Reading is for nerds!

    I have no idea what you wrote but I’m sure it’s both witty and intelligent.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I played now a good bit of survivor, trying to push my rank before 13 and also i am actually enjoying the event, its really well made this time for both sides.

    However I do have to say that some ppl do really kill the fun of the game.

    I met a claudette that spawned with me very close to a envelope, I reached it first and opened it infront of her, she was looking at me for a few sec and just literally dcd. I asked her later why she did that and she said "cuz you took my envelope, hope you die of cancer".

    If she would be able to read then she would know that you actually want that other ppl take your envelope cuz thats how you unlock the items...

    This didnt happen just once, I get every few games 1 person that reacts like that. Since we end up in a 3man its basicly game over.

    To be fair, I read the envelope mechanics and they are about as clear as mud.

  • People donΒ΄t read much these days - why do you think twitter came with a limit.

    Oh and i didnΒ΄t read you post, the title is enough.




    Ok... kidding - i red it - i am old.