Depipped because the killer decided to AFK

Title says it all, cool game you got here BHVR. I'm punished because of the killer's bad manners.

Comments

  • @CrazyMarc said:

    Title says it all, cool game you got here BHVR. I'm punished because of the killer's bad manners.

    Shrug

    It's the nature of the beast. The amount of times I've lost adept attempts because someone DCed the second I started winning...

    Honestly, this game needs more penalties for AFKing and DCing for no good reason.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/308242/depipped-because-the-killer-decided-to-afk

    Shrug

    It's the nature of the beast. The amount of times I've lost adept attempts because someone DCed the second I started winning...

    Honestly, this game needs more penalties for AFKing and DCing for no good reason.

    If you dc twice in a row then they delete a random character from your inventory. If you dc three times in a row then they delete you.

  • Depip need to go, prob.

  • Does it matter? If you escape, your mmr goes up. Pips don't affect that anymore.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Does it matter? If you escape, your mmr goes up. Pips don't affect that anymore.

    I mean, MMR is what actually doesn't matter as it doesn't give you any BP.

  • @fulltonon said:

    Depip need to go, prob.

    This. As this will help smooth out a losing streak for players who want to advance in grades(No MMR). This is especially true for killers and solo-q.

  • I haven't had an AFK killer in ages. Like over a year.

    But yeah, de-pipping over that or DCs is not cool.

  • I have a mental image of a killer just standing there, staring at a David King. Then David King screams and falls over and depips.

  • I've been saying for a while that pips need to go. They used to help rate your skill in a match and how well you did. So why are they used now for a system that's supposed to determine time played? Makes no sense.

    Also the requirements for pipping doesn't make sense. They say 2 kills/ 2 escapes is the "ideal" match right? But even if you're only silver grade, if you play a normal match and kill 2 survivors and the other 2 get out, it doesn't matter how many hooks you have, how many pallets you've broken or gens you've kicked, you're not pipping. Doesn't make sense.

    If you kill all the survivors, that's a major win right? But kill them all too quickly and you won't pip, might even depip. So instead of being rewarded for playing the game like you should be, you get Nothing for playing the game.

  • I AFK nowdays when i see map offerings with boil over. Enjoy the depips im not playing against that.

  • @CrazyMarc said:

    Title says it all, cool game you got here BHVR. I'm punished because of the killer's bad manners.

    Sucks on both sides unfortunately , we have a game setup where people ruined us having nice things.

  • @Advorsus said:

    I've been saying for a while that pips need to go. They used to help rate your skill in a match and how well you did. So why are they used now for a system that's supposed to determine time played? Makes no sense.

    Also the requirements for pipping doesn't make sense. They say 2 kills/ 2 escapes is the "ideal" match right? But even if you're only silver grade, if you play a normal match and kill 2 survivors and the other 2 get out, it doesn't matter how many hooks you have, how many pallets you've broken or gens you've kicked, you're not pipping. Doesn't make sense.

    If you kill all the survivors, that's a major win right? But kill them all too quickly and you won't pip, might even depip. So instead of being rewarded for playing the game like you should be, you get Nothing for playing the game.

    Yeah, they do not reflect time played, that is just one of those hive mind sentiments that they decided on arbitrarily. I have no clue why, but there is no fixing it as I do not believe they understand how it works. Lol.

  • De-pipping whatsoever should've been removed. I always get one pip away from grading-up and then MMR starts putting me with survivor teammates with like 5 hours. Grades aren't used for MMR, so losing pips is nothing but an unnecessary punishment.

  • I don't even know if killer afking considered a bad manner.

  • @CrazyMarc said:

    Title says it all, cool game you got here BHVR. I'm punished because of the killer's bad manners.

    Ah well killers can say the same

  • @Heartbound said:

    I have a mental image of a killer just standing there, staring at a David King. Then David King screams and falls over and depips.

    I have really want to see if this is possible now thank you! I best perfect my stare first though 🐷

  • @Rivyn said:

    Does it matter? If you escape, your mmr goes up. Pips don't affect that anymore.

    with the new rewards pipping up more important now I don't think anyone care about they MMR going up or not.

    @fulltonon said:

    Depip need to go, prob.

    yes depipping need to go if it really got nothing to do with the MMR.

  • Ahh the replies in this thread are those that refuse to see the other side clearly.

    Yes, it sucks that survivors DC but at least there is still gameplay to be had with the other three, you can kill them, get almost full points, move on.

    If the killer AFKs there is no gameplay, it's do gens, get less than 7k points and move on.


    In the end, we all end up moving on, but to act like a DC is even remotely close to the other side not playing the entire match is exactly this forums problem.

  • Just played another game; looped huntress for quite literally 5 gens (she tunnelled me), escaped without being hooked; depip.

    Again, all because the killer made poor choices and didn't give me a chance to do gens. Absolutely bonkers.

  • Depips should be gone with current ranks

  • If I didn't lose any pips I would be more fine when losing a game. Specially when being camped or tunneled.

    Make it so you only lose pips if you DC or have a crash.

  • @CrazyMarc said:

    Just played another game; looped huntress for quite literally 5 gens (she tunnelled me), escaped without being hooked; depip.

    Again, all because the killer made poor choices and didn't give me a chance to do gens. Absolutely bonkers.

    So whats the issue here? That you are matched against killers of a different skill level? That the emblem system is designed around doing multiple things instead of just running in circles? Or that gen rushing benefits no one?

  • @CrazyMarc said:

    Just played another game; looped huntress for quite literally 5 gens (she tunnelled me), escaped without being hooked; depip.

    Again, all because the killer made poor choices and didn't give me a chance to do gens. Absolutely bonkers.

    It's all because you failed to hide, get good.