Boil over buff shows killers are hypocritical

If anything the perk is too situational and not really helpful in most situations. It went from being completely useless to maybe helping in rare situations. I QUIT using it! I used it for 3 days and only got off a shoulder one time.  These kind of perks are HORRIBLE when it comes to sheer luck. 

Killer complaints about Boil Over are not justified when they say they can’t rarely do their objective in rare situations. It is hypocritical for killers to complain about Boil Over when they bring in the most OP things in the game. Multiple slowdown perks that “prevents” the survivor from doing the objective. You know what killers tell me when I complain about Ruin? You have perks for that. Well, I have news for killers: You have perks to deal with Boil Over. Use them. Oh, or is that only for survivors?

Take off your sweaty builds and use Iron Grasp. You do not have to use the same perks every game. 3 and 4 slowdown perks are completely unnecessary. If you do not like Boil Over, bring a perk to counter it. This is what is told to survivors when they don’t like certain things.  “Bring a map, bring Counter Force, ….”

And lastly, Boil Over is no stronger on a SWF than Ruin is on an OP killer like Blight. I would say Boil Over is still weak and too situational.

I played against a Blight that used the new overbuffed Dead Man’s Switch and Scourage Hook: Pain. Nobody could do the objective. He easily won with several gens remaining because the survivors COULD NOT do the objective. This is beyond broken but lets sweep this under the rug and talk about Boil Over? 

We need to stop balancing around high profile survivors in edge cases and leaving broken killers and perks unchecked. Killers win way too much and it is unhealthy for the game.

Comments

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784414#Comment_2784414

    They bring perks to play that specific style and as I've told YOU, you can bring perks to counter that style.

    You can play killers to counter that playstyle, offers, perks, whatever else.

    Someone using their perks to pick themselves up, is not taking the game hostage because it isnt stopping YOU from completing the objective. You can still hook them, they can still bleed out and die.

    Yes, it is. But...not quite. They are also preventing the match from ending for you, forcing you to take a penalty or to basically allow the troll.

    That's exactly the problem.

    They are making it unreasonably difficult to finish the game, win or lose.

    No, nobody should have to run specific (and mostly bad) perks, or burn extremely rare offerings to avoid this happening. This is a mechanical issue with the game that needs to be fixed - and I have no idea why you are being apologist for griefing.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784419#Comment_2784419

    And this is what I mean by semantics.

    You've grafted your own definition onto 'holding the game hostage'. I outlined a definition that seems to be closer to what BHVR have laid down in the rules.

    You can continue using your own definition, but that's not the definition that has been applied to the game, in this context - and by this, it applies here.

    Eh, yes it is.


    I'm not playing at semantics. Reasons that mechanics have been brought into the game is because the game was made unplayable for the opposing side. The old hatch mechanic meant that either side couldn't complete their objective. Playing 'hide and seek' meant that the killers couldn't complete their objective.


    You aren't held hostage if you can still complete your objective. I don't know why you're resorting to changing the focus of the argument instead of countering what I'm saying to you.


    The issue that is being brought up - is SWFs bringing builds that make hooking difficult. I'm telling you that you aren't being held hostage by that because those survivors can still bleed out. You can bring offerings that bring hooks closer. You can play Pyramid Head, who completely voids the mechanic of picking a survivor up. You can play Tombstone Myers which doesn't even involve hooking.


    There are ways to play around this, and trying to displace it as 'the game being held hostage' is just a weak excuse.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784425#Comment_2784425

    Yes, it is. But...not quite. They are also preventing the match from ending for you, forcing you to take a penalty or to basically allow the troll.

    That's exactly the problem.

    They are making it unreasonably difficult to finish the game, win or lose.

    No, nobody should have to run specific (and mostly bad) perks, or burn extremely rare offerings to avoid this happening. This is a mechanical issue with the game that needs to be fixed - and I have no idea why you are being apologist for griefing.

    No one should have to run things to counter playstyles? Then say that to about 90% of the complaints about perks like Decisive, NOED, and etc.


    You have the choice of changing killers, bringing offerings, addons and perks because you are meant to use those options. Use them how you want, but they are meant to be used. If you are refusing to play around that - something that is used as a counter argument for just about ANY OTHER issue in the game, then that is a you problem.


    As a survivor, you have to deal with tunneling and face camping. You have to deal with NOED, or other annoying hex perks. You have to deal with the killer's power which sometimes involves insta-downs. As a killer, you have to deal with SWF, you have to deal and respect perks like BT or Decisive. You have to deal with gen-rushing.


    This situation is not any different - refusing to adjust to it, becomes a personal problem than a game problem. If you are finding the behaviour to be unsportsmanlike or to be trolling, report and move along.


    But it still isn't taking the game hostage.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784412#Comment_2784412

    Holding the game hostage means that you can't physically do anything to stop it, and it prevents YOU from completing your objective.

    Someone running a build that makes hooking difficult is not holding the game hostage, this isn't semantics. You can STILL hook them, you can SLUG them, you can bring perks to help with carrying survivors, you can bring perks that help with stuns, hell, you can even bring offerings to bring hooks closer, or choose a smaller map. You can play killers that can insta-kill (tombstone), you can play killers that void carrying the survivors (pyramid head).

    There is no reason to mention any other 'examples' of holding the game hostage when the current example is about running a build that makes hooking more difficult.

    Doesn't matter whether preventing it or not, keeping a match indefinitely longer for the sake of it will be considered taking the game hostage, I mean even the bodyblocking a survivor will yields ban why you try to defend things even...

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784426#Comment_2784426

    No one should have to run things to counter playstyles? Then say that to about 90% of the complaints about perks like Decisive, NOED, and etc.

    You have the choice of changing killers, bringing offerings, addons and perks because you are meant to use those options. Use them how you want, but they are meant to be used. If you are refusing to play around that - something that is used as a counter argument for just about ANY OTHER issue in the game, then that is a you problem.

    As a survivor, you have to deal with tunneling and face camping. You have to deal with NOED, or other annoying hex perks. You have to deal with the killer's power which sometimes involves insta-downs. As a killer, you have to deal with SWF, you have to deal and respect perks like BT or Decisive. You have to deal with gen-rushing.

    This situation is not any different - refusing to adjust to it, becomes a personal problem than a game problem. If you are finding the behaviour to be unsportsmanlike or to be trolling, report and move along.

    But it still isn't taking the game hostage.

    Sigh.

    • This isn't a playstyle. This is griefing. And no, nobody should have to run certain perks or play certain killers to counter one specific thing that totally breaks the game if it occurs. This was why boon stacking was changed in the PTB. Everything must have counterplay that isn't 'autocounter this or lose at the selection screen'.
    • The thing is - you don't know if it's going to be a BO troll comp before the match. You're going to run out of offerings fast, get bored of playing Myers and get stomped by people who aren't running BO, because you have two useless perks.
    • Tunneling isn't a thing. That's just how killers are supposed to play, tactically. It's your team's and your own responsibility to distribute damage.
    • BHVR are fixing facecamping. The mechanical change is underdoing internal testing.
    • There is no perk to counter SWF.
    • There are multiple ways to counter 'gen rushing' aside from 'choose x perks'.
    • The situation is entirely different. Do you honestly think that griefing is a legitimate playstyle?
    • If 'adapt to it' means 'use the same two useless perks every game in expectation that one group might be a troll comp' then you've just made my point for me.
    • Yes, it is. We've been over this.
  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784419#Comment_2784419

    Doesn't matter whether preventing it or not, keeping a match indefinitely longer for the sake of it will be considered taking the game hostage, I mean even the bodyblocking a survivor will yields ban why you try to defend things even...

    Except bodyblocking a survivor is stopping them from completing their objective, which can be considered taking the game hostage.


    I’m not sitting here to defend someone taking the game hostage but the situation that is being described is NOT what you’re trying to perceive it as.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784423#Comment_2784423

    Eh, yes it is.

    I'm not playing at semantics. Reasons that mechanics have been brought into the game is because the game was made unplayable for the opposing side. The old hatch mechanic meant that either side couldn't complete their objective. Playing 'hide and seek' meant that the killers couldn't complete their objective.

    You aren't held hostage if you can still complete your objective. I don't know why you're resorting to changing the focus of the argument instead of countering what I'm saying to you.

    The issue that is being brought up - is SWFs bringing builds that make hooking difficult. I'm telling you that you aren't being held hostage by that because those survivors can still bleed out. You can bring offerings that bring hooks closer. You can play Pyramid Head, who completely voids the mechanic of picking a survivor up. You can play Tombstone Myers which doesn't even involve hooking.

    There are ways to play around this, and trying to displace it as 'the game being held hostage' is just a weak excuse.

    You're playing at semantics by insisting that holding the game hostage means "the other person physically cannot complete it" and nothing else counts.

    But BHVR has said that Survivors hiding for half an hour (but not going AFK to get the crows) and never approaching the generators counts and can be reportable for same.

    You're trying to define the term as something that it isn't by ignoring the developers' own statement on what can be reported, and then saying that, therefore, boil over is fine. But it isn't, because the official definition appears to be more along the lines of "unreasonably extending the game time by not completing your objective and denying the other side the opportunity to complete theirs". Being physically impossible is the simplest way, but sabo builds and boil over use with addons and even locker flashlight squads? All count.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784441#Comment_2784441

    Sigh.

    • This isn't a playstyle. This is griefing. And no, nobody should have to run certain perks or play certain killers to counter one specific thing that totally breaks the game if it occurs. This was why boon stacking was changed in the PTB. Everything must have counterplay that isn't 'autocounter this or lose at the selection screen'.
    • The thing is - you don't know if it's going to be a BO troll comp before the match. You're going to run out of offerings fast, get bored of playing Myers and get stomped by people who aren't running BO, because you have two useless perks.
    • Tunneling isn't a thing. That's just how killers are supposed to play, tactically. It's your team's and your own responsibility to distribute damage.
    • BHVR are fixing facecamping. The mechanical change is underdoing internal testing.
    • There is no perk to counter SWF.
    • There are multiple ways to counter 'gen rushing' aside from 'choose x perks'.
    • The situation is entirely different. Do you honestly think that griefing is a legitimate playstyle?
    • If 'adapt to it' means 'use the same two useless perks every game in expectation that one group might be a troll comp' then you've just made my point for me.
    • Yes, it is. We've been over this.

    Running BO is not taking the game hostage LOL.


    stop omg.


    you can STILL hook them.


    you can still BLEED them out


    you can run pig and make them take hats off. You can play hag and place a trap at the closest point of the loop to a hook and down them. You can avoid dropping by dropping the survivor off the ledge. You can place traps as a trapper to block off a loop. You can play pinhead to literally make chase unbearable.


    there are ways to work around this with most killers.


    if you have an issue, say that it’s grieving. But don’t sit there and lie saying that it’s taking the game hostage lmao

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784429#Comment_2784429

    You're playing at semantics by insisting that holding the game hostage means "the other person physically cannot complete it" and nothing else counts.

    But BHVR has said that Survivors hiding for half an hour (but not going AFK to get the crows) and never approaching the generators counts and can be reportable for same.

    You're trying to define the term as something that it isn't by ignoring the developers' own statement on what can be reported, and then saying that, therefore, boil over is fine. But it isn't, because the official definition appears to be more along the lines of "unreasonably extending the game time by not completing your objective and denying the other side the opportunity to complete theirs". Being physically impossible is the simplest way, but sabo builds and boil over use with addons and even locker flashlight squads? All count.

    Except you are ignoring that the example you provided literally falls under what I’ve been saying.


    Refusing to take part in the game by hiding away from the killer is refusing the killer their objective which is why the game is taken hostage.


    Players running a build that is meant to make hooking difficult, is not taking the game hostage because you are STILL able to complete your objective. I’m not defending those that run those builds, I’m just saying that what you’re describing is not only counter-able, but is also not what you’re describing it as.


    If being forced to slug was taking the game hostage, then slugging as a mechanic would’ve been changed months if not years ago.


    Flashlights are shown in lobby. No Mither shows at the start, unbreakable is usable once. Soul guard only works if they’re affected by a hex and most of the hexes require a criteria. Boil over is literally shown if used by the person.


    are these games tedious to deal with? Without a doubt. Is it mean to run builds like this? Yes. But don’t call it what it isn’t.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781295#Comment_2781295

    Yes, we get it. You don't play killer, so you don't actually know how this works from the killers' perspective.

    Think of it this way.

    • You are on RPD.
    • You hear a boon and see people healing and being cloaked. You know it's a Shadowstep and CoH stack.
    • Where is the boon? It could be in the office, it could be in fifteen different places where it'll still cover half the map.
    • You guess that it's in the library, because survivors always put it there.
    • You go to the library, which is a long route totally out of the way.
    • Is it on top, or in one of the shelf locations, or in a corner?

    Tell me, how much time have you just wasted?

    Multiply it by 4.

    If the number isn't below 15, you've just lost the game.

    then you snuff it and they just wait you turn your back to lit it up again in 14 seconds 🤣

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784452#Comment_2784452

    Except you are ignoring that the example you provided literally falls under what I’ve been saying.

    Refusing to take part in the game by hiding away from the killer is refusing the killer their objective which is why the game is taken hostage.

    Players running a build that is meant to make hooking difficult, is not taking the game hostage because you are STILL able to complete your objective. I’m not defending those that run those builds, I’m just saying that what you’re describing is not only counter-able, but is also not what you’re describing it as.

    If being forced to slug was taking the game hostage, then slugging as a mechanic would’ve been changed months if not years ago.

    Flashlights are shown in lobby. No Mither shows at the start, unbreakable is usable once. Soul guard only works if they’re affected by a hex and most of the hexes require a criteria. Boil over is literally shown if used by the person.

    are these games tedious to deal with? Without a doubt. Is it mean to run builds like this? Yes. But don’t call it what it isn’t.

    Literally the only thing you can see in the lobby is flashlights. You don't know that it's going to be a locker flashlight squad--and that's not very counterable; if you take the things to counter it, you're probably forfeiting the game by default.

    You can't do anything about SWF sabo squads or the Boil Over abuse because by the time you know they're in play, it's too late. You've picked a Killer, you've picked a set of perks that aren't based around countering this highly specific tactic, you've seen the addons saying it's going to be impossible to get hooks.

    So once you're in the game, then what? You can't get to hooks, so hooking is out. You might be able to camp a slug until they die, then the next, then the next etc. If you can keep them slugged. If you're willing to spend 20 minutes not playing the game after downing someone--if you do anything but stop actually taking part and trying, you can't possibly end it. So, the game is held hostage. The other three Survivors could win at any time if they wanted. And if they want to waste your time even more, and they can pick themselves up, then you're going to be spending ages on it. If you can even keep them down and they won't just manage to cycle someone else in.

    You can't counter it to prevent a hostage situation, because there's no "counter" that will force the game to end in a reasonable time. Same way people playing hide and seek doesn't have a counter but you can still win.

    You're overly fixating on the notion that because the objective is theoretically completable over the length of 4 normal games, it's not been taken hostage. But it has, because dragging it out that long without making any effort to complete the objective is the exact thing that has been suggested to be reportable behaviour: you're not letting someone actively play the game, and you're not letting the game end. They can't leave to go on to the next game, and they can't get in chases and try to hook without being stuck even longer without progress.

    You can insist it's not your definition of taking the game hostage, but it lines up perfectly well with what we've already been told is reportable. Arguing that it's "just" tedious and mean is a completely bizarre defence.

  • I load into a game. RCPD and oak offerings. Perhaps it will be okay, I think to myself, I brought Agitation for my Scourge Hooks. Perhaps I will escape the tyranny of the library. Maybe they aren't fully committed.

    A Dwight. I give chase, and where to? The library, of course. In the distance, a gen pops. Do I commit? No, not in this hellish room. I flee the powerless Survivor, seeking out of position prey that could be downed and sacrificed for the Entity. But they seem to know where I am with ease, communicating with something beyond sight or sound. Feng Min leads me back to the library. Another gen pops.

    This time, I pick up. Perhaps we can get to the hook in the lobby. Boil Over, of course, and I get forced to take the stairs. I have no chance to make it all that way, not with the new skill checks. Feng Min escapes, and a third gen lights up. I might be losing, but I haven't given up playing yet.

    This time, Claudette elects to send me back to the library. I find myself starting to hate it, despite all the books. I down her and go off to seek another survivor; maybe I can simply slug them all, or catch them coming for a rescue. A fourth generator finishes, and the sound of a boon going up echoes throughout the police department. Claudette climbs back to her feet and flees.

    Meg is my last opportunity. Like her compatriots, she leads me back to the library. I down her and stand guard, watching over her dying body amongst the dusty tomes. Maybe now, the last generator will be repaired and the others will escape. Meg tries to get up, and I knock her down once again.

    Time passes. All around, I hear the sound of fast vault after fast vault. The last generator lies uncompleted, and Meg keeps attempting to escape. I am imprisoned in this room as surely as she is, my mind forced to watch over the library lest we be reset once again. Her defiant glare looks at me from the ground, knowing that her plan is working.

    I wish I was Meg. I, then, could bleed to death on the ground and be freed from this torment. Meg dies, bleeding out on the ground, and I seek out the next victim. The sound of a boon comes around again: they are prepared, and no target could free me from this torment.

    I slip up on Claudette, looking away for just a second too long, my mind dazed by the tedium of standing guard over an unmoving body. It takes more than a minute to find Dwight and we return to the library's inescapable second floor. I resolve to not fail again. Aeons pass, and Dwight moves out of this realm. Feng Min follows, though my muscles start to atrophy from lack of use. Only Claudette remains.

    I find her, my twice-escapee, standing over a hatch. For reasons unknown to my tedium-destroyed brain, Claudette rhythmically crouches before dropping away, free from my clutches.

    Escaped from the Entity's cruel game, I look at my opponent's preparations. Rearing horse after rearing horse, boon after boon. Everything planned, everything prepared. And as I behold, my eyes drift over, seeing what last horror has been visited upon me:

    "gg ez"

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784322#Comment_2784322

    The back and forth… like the staggering from Boil Over?

    🤣

    Lmao so true. Just both sides arguing is hilarious

  • All praise Sluzzy. 🙏

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784449#Comment_2784449

    Running BO is not taking the game hostage LOL.

    stop omg.

    you can STILL hook them.

    you can still BLEED them out

    you can run pig and make them take hats off. You can play hag and place a trap at the closest point of the loop to a hook and down them. You can avoid dropping by dropping the survivor off the ledge. You can place traps as a trapper to block off a loop. You can play pinhead to literally make chase unbearable.

    there are ways to work around this with most killers.

    if you have an issue, say that it’s grieving. But don’t sit there and lie saying that it’s taking the game hostage lmao

    Okay, this is the last time I'm going to respond to this, because I've repeated myself several times now, and you aren't giving counter arguments, you're just going 'no u'.

    • Yes, it is.
    • On a surprisingly number of maps? No, you can't. Watch Otzdarva's recent stream titled 'Using Buffed Boil Over' where he tests it extensively. The perk is busted.
    • If killers are being forced to stand over slugs bleeding them out every game, is that healthy for DbD?
    • What? Pig hats don't progress while slugged. That's not how Hag works. That's not how Pinhead works.
    • Taking the game hostage = making it unreasonably difficult to end the game without DCing until you want it to. By your logic, 'taking the game hostage' doesn't exist. And yes, it's *also* griefing. Griefing is the category, taking the game hostage is the subcategory.
  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781103#Comment_2781103

    It takes a killer 1/4-1/2 of all their perks to counter Boil Over, which basically only returns them to default gameplay, it doesn't actually provide any sort of realistic benefit.

    It takes survivors 1/16 of their perks to completely exploit a map and break the game.

    And now everything is easier because there's 2 less stalling, or chase, or endgame perks, because nobody ever gets into a match and goes "oh no, IRON GRASP! IT'S SO STRONG WE'RE LOSING BECAUSE OF IT!"

    I am one solo queue survivor with four perks... don't lump me in this "16 perks" nonsense!

    And think of all the examples of times survivors are just told to run perks to counter killer playstyles and perks - not going to write that essay again!

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784389#Comment_2784389

    I am one solo queue survivor with four perks... don't lump me in this "16 perks" nonsense!

    And think of all the examples of times survivors are just told to run perks to counter killer playstyles and perks - not going to write that essay again!

    It doesn't matter how you queue, the game isn't 1v1

  • @RainehDaze said:

    I load into a game. RCPD and oak offerings. Perhaps it will be okay, I think to myself, I brought Agitation for my Scourge Hooks. Perhaps I will escape the tyranny of the library. Maybe they aren't fully committed.

    A Dwight. I give chase, and where to? The library, of course. In the distance, a gen pops. Do I commit? No, not in this hellish room. I flee the powerless Survivor, seeking out of position prey that could be downed and sacrificed for the Entity. But they seem to know where I am with ease, communicating with something beyond sight or sound. Feng Min leads me back to the library. Another gen pops.

    This time, I pick up. Perhaps we can get to the hook in the lobby. Boil Over, of course, and I get forced to take the stairs. I have no chance to make it all that way, not with the new skill checks. Feng Min escapes, and a third gen lights up. I might be losing, but I haven't given up playing yet.

    This time, Claudette elects to send me back to the library. I find myself starting to hate it, despite all the books. I down her and go off to seek another survivor; maybe I can simply slug them all, or catch them coming for a rescue. A fourth generator finishes, and the sound of a boon going up echoes throughout the police department. Claudette climbs back to her feet and flees.

    Meg is my last opportunity. Like her compatriots, she leads me back to the library. I down her and stand guard, watching over her dying body amongst the dusty tomes. Maybe now, the last generator will be repaired and the others will escape. Meg tries to get up, and I knock her down once again.

    Time passes. All around, I hear the sound of fast vault after fast vault. The last generator lies uncompleted, and Meg keeps attempting to escape. I am imprisoned in this room as surely as she is, my mind forced to watch over the library lest we be reset once again. Her defiant glare looks at me from the ground, knowing that her plan is working.

    I wish I was Meg. I, then, could bleed to death on the ground and be freed from this torment. Meg dies, bleeding out on the ground, and I seek out the next victim. The sound of a boon comes around again: they are prepared, and no target could free me from this torment.

    I slip up on Claudette, looking away for just a second too long, my mind dazed by the tedium of standing guard over an unmoving body. It takes more than a minute to find Dwight and we return to the library's inescapable second floor. I resolve to not fail again. Aeons pass, and Dwight moves out of this realm. Feng Min follows, though my muscles start to atrophy from lack of use. Only Claudette remains.

    I find her, my twice-escapee, standing over a hatch. For reasons unknown to my tedium-destroyed brain, Claudette rhythmically crouches before dropping away, free from my clutches.

    Escaped from the Entity's cruel game, I look at my opponent's preparations. Rearing horse after rearing horse, boon after boon. Everything planned, everything prepared. And as I behold, my eyes drift over, seeing what last horror has been visited upon me:

    "gg ez"

    10/10 will read again.

    I may hire you to be my ghost writer in the future.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784425#Comment_2784425

    Yes, it is. But...not quite. They are also preventing the match from ending for you, forcing you to take a penalty or to basically allow the troll.

    That's exactly the problem.

    They are making it unreasonably difficult to finish the game, win or lose.

    No, nobody should have to run specific (and mostly bad) perks, or burn extremely rare offerings to avoid this happening. This is a mechanical issue with the game that needs to be fixed - and I have no idea why you are being apologist for griefing.

    This is what killers do all the time when they find 3 gens and refuse to chase people. Or use perks that literally make it impossible to finish the objective. It is unreasonably difficult to do the objective or avoid being caught in those cases. The killer can kill all but 2, and use tinkerer and nobody can finish the objective if he doesn't commit to a chase.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    I load into a game. RCPD and oak offerings. Perhaps it will be okay, I think to myself, I brought Agitation for my Scourge Hooks. Perhaps I will escape the tyranny of the library. Maybe they aren't fully committed.

    A Dwight. I give chase, and where to? The library, of course. In the distance, a gen pops. Do I commit? No, not in this hellish room. I flee the powerless Survivor, seeking out of position prey that could be downed and sacrificed for the Entity. But they seem to know where I am with ease, communicating with something beyond sight or sound. Feng Min leads me back to the library. Another gen pops.

    This time, I pick up. Perhaps we can get to the hook in the lobby. Boil Over, of course, and I get forced to take the stairs. I have no chance to make it all that way, not with the new skill checks. Feng Min escapes, and a third gen lights up. I might be losing, but I haven't given up playing yet.

    This time, Claudette elects to send me back to the library. I find myself starting to hate it, despite all the books. I down her and go off to seek another survivor; maybe I can simply slug them all, or catch them coming for a rescue. A fourth generator finishes, and the sound of a boon going up echoes throughout the police department. Claudette climbs back to her feet and flees.

    Meg is my last opportunity. Like her compatriots, she leads me back to the library. I down her and stand guard, watching over her dying body amongst the dusty tomes. Maybe now, the last generator will be repaired and the others will escape. Meg tries to get up, and I knock her down once again.

    Time passes. All around, I hear the sound of fast vault after fast vault. The last generator lies uncompleted, and Meg keeps attempting to escape. I am imprisoned in this room as surely as she is, my mind forced to watch over the library lest we be reset once again. Her defiant glare looks at me from the ground, knowing that her plan is working.

    I wish I was Meg. I, then, could bleed to death on the ground and be freed from this torment. Meg dies, bleeding out on the ground, and I seek out the next victim. The sound of a boon comes around again: they are prepared, and no target could free me from this torment.

    I slip up on Claudette, looking away for just a second too long, my mind dazed by the tedium of standing guard over an unmoving body. It takes more than a minute to find Dwight and we return to the library's inescapable second floor. I resolve to not fail again. Aeons pass, and Dwight moves out of this realm. Feng Min follows, though my muscles start to atrophy from lack of use. Only Claudette remains.

    I find her, my twice-escapee, standing over a hatch. For reasons unknown to my tedium-destroyed brain, Claudette rhythmically crouches before dropping away, free from my clutches.

    Escaped from the Entity's cruel game, I look at my opponent's preparations. Rearing horse after rearing horse, boon after boon. Everything planned, everything prepared. And as I behold, my eyes drift over, seeing what last horror has been visited upon me:

    "gg ez"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwAXHmYcfJE

    Wha?!!?!?

    ...sorry, I blanked out there for a second. What were people talking about?

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784426#Comment_2784426

    This is what killers do all the time when they find 3 gens and refuse to chase people. Or use perks that literally make it impossible to finish the objective. It is unreasonably difficult to do the objective or avoid being caught in those cases. The killer can kill all but 2, and use tinkerer and nobody can finish the objective if he doesn't commit to a chase.

    • That has never happened in any game I've ever seen played, and I've probably watched thousands of hours of this dumb game.
    • Name one.
    • The 'being caught' is the important part. It's an essential 'or'. What makes the difference between being cheesy and holding the game hostage is that you have an 'or'.
    • And yes, they can. Regression is incredibly slow. I've lost 3gens to pure battles of attrition.
  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784425#Comment_2784425

    Yes, it is. But...not quite. They are also preventing the match from ending for you, forcing you to take a penalty or to basically allow the troll.

    That's exactly the problem.

    They are making it unreasonably difficult to finish the game, win or lose.

    No, nobody should have to run specific (and mostly bad) perks, or burn extremely rare offerings to avoid this happening. This is a mechanical issue with the game that needs to be fixed - and I have no idea why you are being apologist for griefing.

    “They are making it unreasonably difficult to finish the game, win or lose.” There’s a difference between making it DIFFICULT to end the game whether it’s win or lose and having the game end regardless of the outcome. If people claim that having to sit and wait for the slugs to die is taking the killer hostage it’s not. It’s why the devs invented a…. Oh boy you ready for this word? A…. BLEED OUT TIMER.

  • After 3 days of trying the perk you only wiggled one time ? Omg I cant count how many time I escaped killer shoulder in one game. I think you dont use it the right way. The perk need a nerf.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    If anything the perk is too situational and not really helpful in most situations. It went from being completely useless to maybe helping in rare situations. I QUIT using it! I used it for 3 days and only got off a shoulder one time.  These kind of perks are HORRIBLE when it comes to sheer luck. 

    Killer complaints about Boil Over are not justified when they say they can’t rarely do their objective in rare situations. It is hypocritical for killers to complain about Boil Over when they bring in the most OP things in the game. Multiple slowdown perks that “prevents” the survivor from doing the objective. You know what killers tell me when I complain about Ruin? You have perks for that. Well, I have news for killers: You have perks to deal with Boil Over. Use them. Oh, or is that only for survivors?

    Take off your sweaty builds and use Iron Grasp. You do not have to use the same perks every game. 3 and 4 slowdown perks are completely unnecessary. If you do not like Boil Over, bring a perk to counter it. This is what is told to survivors when they don’t like certain things.  “Bring a map, bring Counter Force, ….”

    And lastly, Boil Over is no stronger on a SWF than Ruin is on an OP killer like Blight. I would say Boil Over is still weak and too situational.

    I played against a Blight that used the new overbuffed Dead Man’s Switch and Scourage Hook: Pain. Nobody could do the objective. He easily won with several gens remaining because the survivors COULD NOT do the objective. This is beyond broken but lets sweep this under the rug and talk about Boil Over? 

    We need to stop balancing around high profile survivors in edge cases and leaving broken killers and perks unchecked. Killers win way too much and it is unhealthy for the game.

    The devs nerf:undying

    Ruin

    Dearhslinger

    Nemesis

    Twins

    A perk i cant remember the name but with that you can before know if some surbmv are breaking bones

    Hillbilly

    Cenobite

    Dude, dont cry

1 2 3 4 ›