PC & Steam: My chat/GB off experiment day 21 and DBD is so much more fun. Try it out
Hello,
first of all: this is nothing new and everyone is free to choose their own settings. This is just an experience report from my side. I'm now on day 21 and 3 weeks ago I disabled my Steam guestbook and turned off Dead By Daylight ingame chat. What can I say....? To me it feels sooooo much better now and even more fun to play. No more flaming... no more insults, no more -rep entries because you made decisions that didn't suit another player and so on. I still can only recommend it to everyone. For those who haven't done it yet, try it out, it's worth it.
Also, have you disabled your chat or are you pulling all this toxic chat stuff? In my opinion, things that exist like camping, tunneling, teabagging, body blocking, flashlight clicking, or other gameplay are not toxic and are part of the game. The only thing that is toxic is the end-game chat.
Greetings
Comments
Well done.
Said this often - for people who have problems with this stuff and take it too serious, closing the chat is a very good idea.
Yes, I was just stupid and should have done it much earlier.
I think I disabled it after my first couple of games just to be on the safe side, I knew there was a lot of toxicity. I'm sure a lot of people wasted their breath telling me all kinds of nasty stuff and I never even knew =)
You play unfair and people write it in steam. i dont see a problem
No in game chat for console poggers
Maybe people write on steam even if you don´t play unfair.
I've had my Steam comment permissions set to friends only since the day they added seperate privacy levels for different profile components. Only things I keep public is my general info, game info and inventory because I still do some steam inventory item trading here and there.
For in game chat I don't have it disabled because I honestly don't see a lot that I consider truly vile, like at all. Then again I'm someone who just laughs at the 2 billion ways people say "ur bad at game lol" and forgets about it in 5 minutes (unless they said it in a particularly creative and funny way)
I don't blame anyone for locking stuff down even more than me, that's the decision of every user. Anyone that feels entitled to any sort of profile info no matter if that's general info, comment permission, game details, friends list or anything else are clowns.
I would turn off the chat, but the thing is that there are some good and fun chats as well and that's keeping me from disabling it. My steam comments are off at least.
I wish I had the option to choose my own settings, and I’d love to be able to use endgame chat, but as a console peasant I’m denied the ability to communicate with the PC master race.
I keep the chat and my steam profile open because i often have pretty good interactions, but I just don't care what people say when they complain. If you wanna call me trash because I got a 4k with 12 hooks then good for you? Sorry for your problems or whatever
nice to see that this works for you mate. Everyone can set it the way he wants, thats true.