I'm a human and I'm trying to have fun too

Honestly, getting bullied with two boil overs making it virtually impossible to do anything as a killer that I'm just trying to have fun with makes me never want to play this game again. These guys were playing in such mean spirits and I just couldn't do it. Just remember guys that the killer is a person too.

toxic.jpg


Comments

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773659#Comment_2773659

    You cant have both.

    You cannot really complain about Survivors running the same Perks and complain that Survivors are running different Perks at the same time. This just boils down to "Survivors are not allowed to have anything else than useless Meme-Perks".

    The meta is extremely boring, most people would agree on that for both sides. That doesn't make a perk that has become common to abuse for an almost impossible to hook scenario is ok lol.

  • Its a poorly implemented mechanic that can be powerful in certain circumstances.

    Its not a toxic attack on your fun and people aren't being toxic just becuase they use it.

    These survivors were toxic douche bags for taunting you in post game when what they are breagging about is using a busted mechanic to win.

    That sucks because ######### players are what ruin this game. Its a shame that strong perk combos are what ######### players use to enable them to be ######### players, it doesn't mean every strong perk combo is some ######### player trying to ruin your fun and its best not to take it personally.

    Report people for abuse and if you have a ######### game with ######### people then realise its because its random PVP and you sometimes have to play with ######### people, shrug and then move on.

  • I feel you on this.

    I've played exactly one killer match since the update dropped. Last night, Artist map, 4 flashlights, 4 Dead Hard, several Boil Overs, a Break Out, several We're Gonna Live Forever, and one even had No Mither. 100% they were trying to make it simultaneously impossible for me to pick up and hook them and impossible for me to slug and bleed them out. Now I did end end up winning because of Agitation and I'm quite good at dodging flashlights... but that was my last killer match of the night.

    Playing against that garbage is possible but it is stressful as hell.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774773#Comment_2774773

    Oh I didn't suggest it was recent, although you've gone and confirmed it now anyway, this wasn't some doppelgänger of yours then? A wicked killer main trying to frame you perhaps?

    It may be an unpopular opinion but I agree r.e. stacked slowdowns. The difference is I

    1) don't run them

    2) rarely complain about other people running them

    3) and I definitely don't do all of the above and then start accusing other people of being hypocrites while....running the meta while complaining about the meta...while complaining about people complaining about the other side's meta...before then admitting to the thing you've been accused of and calling said person a liar in the same breath- like you see how this comes across as a bit bizarre right?

    Run what you want, learn to live with what other people run, the game is honestly more fun once you do

    As I said, I only ran those Perks because they were the best I had at this time. I just run what I have when I prestige and I was lucky to have Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer. Which carried me a lot. And still carries Killer players nowadays.

    But if I can avoid it, I am quite off-meta on Killer, if you count Slowdown-Stacking as Meta. I use good Builds, but you wont see me complain about Killers using Corrupt Intervention (as an example), because I use it on almost every Killer.

    Same like you wont see me ever complain about the Survivor-Meta, since I either used said Perks before or am using them now (e.g. I will never complain about DH, because I ran it since Balanced Landing got nerfed until a few months ago, where I just stopped using it).

    But yeah, I think it is hypocrisy to say that one side doing very unfun things is a strategy while the other side doing unfun things is bullying. If someone defends playing as Bubba to facecamp the first Survivor they find, they should also be ok with not getting any Hooks due to Boil Over + RPD. Same vice-versa.

  • Pig can actually counter boil over pretty reliably. Did someone position themselves in a way where you can't get them to a hook. Just put a lovely hat on their head and leave them on the ground. They'll be sure to visit some lovely tourist destination where you can pick them up and deliver them to their hooks.

  • Imagine killers have fun in 2022. Behaviour don't like this word for killers.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773917#Comment_2773917

    I have almost 7k hours in this game and a quite a lot on Killer. Even if I would not play 50/50 (I think it should be around 50/50 currently), I probably have more hours on Killer than many players on total.

    And can Survivors make the game miserable for Killers? Sure.

    Can Survivors prevent the Killer from actually playing the game or even winning the game? Not really. Flashlight-clicking and teabagging does not prevent anything from that. And if the Survivors are better than the Killer, than the Killer-player got outskilled. Which can happen regardless if the Survivors want to make the experience for the Killer miserable or not.

    I wont watch the video btw.

    However, I just stick with my point - whenever Killers complain about Boil Over, I just say it is a strategy. Because this is the Killers response if they make the game extremely unfun for Survivors. And, unlike Survivors, Killers can actually prevent Survivors from playing the game. Play Bubba, take Agitation and Iron Grasp and you will have one Survivor dead. Nothing what the other Survivors can do.

    Why is it bullying when Survivors use Boil Over and burn a RPD-Offering, but it is a strategy when a Killer brings Agitation + Iron Grasp and facecamps the first Survivor they found?

    I am not saying it is great that Survivors are able to do that. But I stick to my point and say that it will not happen that much in a week and onwards, currently it is more, because the Perk just got buffed. After some time, you wont see it much. Probably the same rate as Sabo-Squads - extremely rare, but annoying when you get them once in a blue moon.

    But MAYBE it can stop Killers from just parroting "It is a strategy" if they play in the most unfun way because Killers can actually prevent Survivors from playing the game.

    I would love to reply, but after you said "I won't watch the video btw" I don't think you are interested in a conversation, however:

    Ultimately, I do agree that Boil over is a strategy. You should not complain about boil over to players, only to the devs (if you want to complain).

    I do not agree about your argument that, I quote Killers can actually prevent survivors from playing the game I don't quite understand why you think Bubba facecamping is preventing playing the game. How is this worse than what the video shows, or any other miserable infinite survivor strategies.

    I assume you are trying to say that using boil over with RPD offering is somewhat of an equal thing as Bubba bringing agitation noed, deadlock, and "not playing the game". And I can agree with that to some degree. I still don't think either of these things should exist and promoted by changes. Also, the solution to having that Bubba example is not to buff Boil over in a way like this.

  • Just play video tape pig and camp the trap, it's funny as hell regardless of survivor's skill level.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Funny that you complained a few hours ago about all Survivors running the same Perks. And now they are running Boil Over and it is not correct either.

    You cannot win with Killer players.

    survivors always run the same perks- whatever is the meta. i go against killers with 0 meta perks all the time. killers play for fun, survivors play to win and then complain when killers do the same

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773716#Comment_2773716

    You can read "You" as "Someone". Not you specifically.

    And well, my empathy might be quite low for Killer players currently, because of the constant complaints and hypocrisy. (And use of unfun playstyles.)

    You can just say - Boil Over is a strategy. How about that?

    Boil Over might be the first Perk which actually hinders the Killer in a way that they cannot make BPs. Obviously, still more than a Survivor getting facecamped, but usually only Killer players are able to ruin the others experience by not letting them play. The worst thing Survivors were able to do is being annoying. But they cannot really hinder the Killer player to get points or to win.

    But now with Boil Over there is a big outcry (which will go down soon, since not many players will run Boil Over anymore after it loses the "new"-feeling) - because suddenly a killer player might not be able to get Hooks. So maybe Killer Mains will stop parroting "It is a strategy" to highly unfun playstyles. Because it is equally a strategy to play Boil Over and spam Map Offerings which benefit the Perk.

    Hypocrisy.

    "strategy" my ass. thats abuse of broken and poor map design. killer strats never abuse broken aspects of the game, but that seems to be all survivors do. abuse dh, abuse coh, abuse bo, etc etc

  • @jinx3d said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773728#Comment_2773728

    "strategy" my ass. thats abuse of broken and poor map design. killer strats never abuse broken aspects of the game, but that seems to be all survivors do. abuse dh, abuse coh, abuse bo, etc etc

    Using perks is not abusing them.

  • it is abusing them if youre sending killers to rpd and staying in the library, where if theres a boon or boil over, youre #########. dh is being abused because of the distance is gives, dhing to windows/pallets is abuse as it isnt an intended feature of the perk

  • That 25% will be nerfed to 10% perhaps.

  • Eh, do you think a place where there is no way to hook with any normal means is intended?

  • @jinx3d said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2775525#Comment_2775525

    it is abusing them if youre sending killers to rpd and staying in the library, where if theres a boon or boil over, youre #########. dh is being abused because of the distance is gives, dhing to windows/pallets is abuse as it isnt an intended feature of the perk

    Using DH for distance is what it was designed to do.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yeah but the killer is a person who wants to play as a killer 😯

    Anyways, i don't get why boil over would be a big problem on coldwind?

    Probably the Thompson house

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2775531#Comment_2775531

    Using DH for distance is what it was designed to do.

    According to who?

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2775531#Comment_2775531

    Using DH for distance is what it was designed to do.

    Oh cool, so avoiding something with I-frame is clearly unintended and exploit, right?

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307223/im-a-human-and-im-trying-to-have-fun-too

    Yup. I feel you.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773614#Comment_2773614

    Somewhere along the line, you've turned rather mean Aven.

    Just because I tell you not to poop in my car doesn't mean I want you pooping in my shoes.

    Weirdly strange annalagy...but it works, lol

  • @Elfinlocks said:

    Honestly, getting bullied with two boil overs making it virtually impossible to do anything as a killer that I'm just trying to have fun with makes me never want to play this game again. These guys were playing in such mean spirits and I just couldn't do it. Just remember guys that the killer is a person too.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Z5DT75TEUB5G/toxic.jpg

    Other players don't care. Just like I don't care when 2 teammates DC because I downed them as Nemesis. I don't care. I just play how I want just like others can play how they want. No it's not mean. It's just neutral. It's not malicious for them to play like that because they want to.

  • According to the text of the Perk.

    Thats like saying Killers abuse BBQ to get more BPs.

  • U know U can just go and don't drop from hights?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773659#Comment_2773659

    You cant have both.

    You cannot really complain about Survivors running the same Perks and complain that Survivors are running different Perks at the same time. This just boils down to "Survivors are not allowed to have anything else than useless Meme-Perks".

    Just because a perk isnt op, it doesnt make them a meme perk.

  • @Jonn said:

    U know U can just go and don't drop from hights?

    Right. Sure. That increased stagger threw me immediately off the Eyrie's walkway. You don't have to purposefully drop down from anything, that stagger throws the killer around like a mother##########.

  • @Elfinlocks said:

    Honestly, getting bullied with two boil overs making it virtually impossible to do anything as a killer that I'm just trying to have fun with makes me never want to play this game again. These guys were playing in such mean spirits and I just couldn't do it. Just remember guys that the killer is a person too.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Z5DT75TEUB5G/toxic.jpg

    Having the ability to never get hooked Is kinda Broken. I agree. Played asi Bubba on the artista map and someone with boil over kept wiggling out do I just slugged him the entire Fame. The only fix I can think ofnis to malé it 15% instead of 25%

  • My experience and feeling is, that the big Boil Over storm just blew over. Not because the perk isn't strong and working exceptionally well or most survivors decided against using it because they want a challenge, but exactly because the perk IS working as advertised and you can sometimes even wriggle free on your own with propositionally higher chances when their survivor friends bodyblock the hook.

    Because of this a lot of killers (myself included) will just slug anyone who goes down in a remote area with propositionally higher chances if we spot that red horse icon in the lower right corner.

    It sucks, for me its probably just less unfun then for the slugged survivors, but this is 100% a direct response to the aweful first hours of the first contact with the new Boil Over perk.

    And now the question will be: will BHVR address the problem by tuning down this whole affair, or will they somehow devise a system that punishes killers for slugging too much?

    You always get he carror and the stick. But using the stick too much will not help you each and every time. Most killers would go for 12 hooks, if the game allowed for it, but unless you are fighting potatoes that's not going to happen.

    Camping, Tunneling and Slugging are all techniques that evelved directly in response to survivors getting stronger and better at looping. Just imagine a world without DH. More chases would end faster, killers could pressure more gens, less killers would see 2 gens pop during their first chase and would feel less pressured into tunneling.

    This is just a thought experiment, and of course tunneling would not got away entirely, but the Camping, Tunneling and Slugging epidemic that many survivors bemoan right now are to a big part happening, because the killers are figuratively with their backs against the wall. In order to get any measure of success they have to employ these tactics, and the more these tactics get employed, the more discontent and salty the survivor community gets.

    Circling back: with their backs against the wall you can employ the stick again and devise mechanics that punish killers for using these tactics, but if Camping and Tunneling and Slugging is taken away, what is then left for a killer to fight back? Eating 12 pallets and looping for two minutes due to second chance perks and other mechanics or... just leaving the game behind.

    Strong killer players can still pull of wins in todays environment, but we shouldn't look at Otz or Coconut or Tofu and balance against their skills. Don't leave your average Joe Killer in the dust, otherwise survivors queues will just rise more and more.

1 2 ›