You "fixed" the nurse?

well you better watch out for the second blink

Thank you

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • I also don’t know what that means.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    I also don’t know what that means.

    I guess it's a reference to the blink bug.

  • they destroyed her second blink

  • Seeing as I don't have a bug report in on this, mind filling me in?

  • 2nd blink bug ftw. And I can't attack after a blink. Man iam sad was hoping she would be more fun

  • can confirm, second blink works fine to me

    lunge after blink still very inconsistent and makes me sad

    lerys still makes me want to stop playing her permanently, too.

  • @Mandy said:

    Seeing as I don't have a bug report in on this, mind filling me in?

    She has a delay for activating the second blink, thus the range of the second blink decreased because of the delay

  • @Mandy said:

    Seeing as I don't have a bug report in on this, mind filling me in?

    I saw the second blink bug brought up on the PTB forums. I don't know if it was ever acknowledged.

  • If anyone can get some clear video showing this, that would be so helpful - I'll try in the morning to get it myself if not (but we really don't want that, I'm very bad at nurse)

  • I figured there would be a ton of jank with Nurse in this update. I'll try her out when I get home and make some notes. Hardcore Nurse player for years.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I figured there would be a ton of jank with Nurse in this update. I'll try her out when I get home and make some notes. Hardcore Nurse player for years.

    thank you, that would be very helpful

  • Idk if it was just me, but during the PTB the 2nd blink felt off. Looks like others are experiencing the same thing.

  • Does anyone know if they fixed the console bug where you always vacuum into the basement when blinking even if you're looking upwards?

  • I played one game as Nurse just now and it worked fine for me. But I also had a quite bugfree experience with her before the Patch.

    But I dislike the breathing sounds when she is in fatique. Once again some unneccessary sound effect added. :/

  • @Mandy said:

    If anyone can get some clear video showing this, that would be so helpful - I'll try in the morning to get it myself if not (but we really don't want that, I'm very bad at nurse)

    if she uses her first blink her second one will give her a clenched fist instantly and that problem reduces her length.

  • A new blink bug? Damn.

  • I’ve played four games as nurse on Xbox. First one was great no issues second game was on corn map and I had the M1 bug three times where it wouldn’t let me attack after second blink. Third and fourth game on Red forest and got the M1 bug on both those games as well. Sound is also annoying. It sounds like someone trying to burn me with a flashlight

  • Semi-related but is the change to tokens for powers intended? You no longer lose charge towards a blink token or bubba token just because you used the power before it's fully recharged which seems like a QOL change.

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2770320#Comment_2770320

    Semi-related but is the change to tokens for powers intended? You no longer lose charge towards a blink token or bubba token just because you used the power before it's fully recharged which seems like a QOL change.

    Holy mother of.... I didn't even notice this! ######### YEAH! I've been wanting this since that did the stupid recharge!

  • @ast2astRegMgr said:

    I’ve played four games as nurse on Xbox. First one was great no issues second game was on corn map and I had the M1 bug three times where it wouldn’t let me attack after second blink. Third and fourth game on Red forest and got the M1 bug on both those games as well. Sound is also annoying. It sounds like someone trying to burn me with a flashlight

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    I played one game as Nurse just now and it worked fine for me. But I also had a quite bugfree experience with her before the Patch.

    But I dislike the breathing sounds when she is in fatique. Once again some unneccessary sound effect added. :/

    @psionic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2770248#Comment_2770248

    She has a delay for activating the second blink, thus the range of the second blink decreased because of the delay

    I have a thread in bug reports. Might want to add these to it

  • @edgarpoop thank you, tomorrow I will check out the bug report (it's nearly 2am for me right now).

  • @Mandy said:

    @edgarpoop thank you, tomorrow I will check out the bug report (it's nearly 2am for me right now).

    And I thought 9-5 was bad.

  • Hmm maybe that is why I felt like I completely lost my muscle memory, something definitely felt wrong.

  • my hours are always weird, I technically work 11am - 7pm UK time, but with BHVR being in Montreal I often find myself doing strange hours lol.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771234#Comment_2771234

    I don't understand what you mean, can you say again? I'm really interested

    If you charge your chainsaw while having partial charges you will keep those charges once it starts charging again.

    Prior to this patch, Nurse could regain her blink to 1.999999999 charges and be at 0 after blinking. With this update Nurse keeps the .99999.

  • if im being honest, actually, considering the amount of bugs she had before this mid-chapter i'd say this recode was a general success. a few bugs to iron out but overall it felt like a net improvement to play- at least in the 2 or 3 games i had before changing characters.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    if im being honest, actually, considering the amount of bugs she had before this mid-chapter i'd say this recode was a general success. a few bugs to iron out but overall it felt like a net improvement to play- at least in the 2 or 3 games i had before changing characters.

    Yeah there are just little things to clean up. No glaring issues. Overall a success.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    if im being honest, actually, considering the amount of bugs she had before this mid-chapter i'd say this recode was a general success. a few bugs to iron out but overall it felt like a net improvement to play- at least in the 2 or 3 games i had before changing characters.

    she still cannot teleport forward from the left side of the killer shack on blood lodge.

  • Just played the nurse and the second blink is really, really off. It is shorter than is should be when trying to hone in on a survivor, but the max range feels normal.

    I am also getting the m1 bug where i can't hit after the second blink.

  • Nurse with a little cooldown between the first and second blink (Chain Blink Window). It changes the muscle memory a lot!! Also, the second blink distance seems to be decreased by 2 meters after the mid-chapter 5.5.0 update. please BHVR fix it. Don't change mechanics and muscle memory.

  • @Mandy said:

    Seeing as I don't have a bug report in on this, mind filling me in?

    Not sure if related but this just happened to me for the first time. I think Nurse is ever more bugged than before.

    https://imgur.com/a/VqUzZYv


  • @Norhc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2770248#Comment_2770248

    Not sure if related but this just happened to me for the first time. I think Nurse is ever more bugged than before.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZRCAAK6BMO1B/ezgif-2-bde8df013f.gif

    yeah I've got that one with the lack of fatigue there, but thank you so much for the gif of it, it really helps...videos always help me to explain things so much clearer.

  • @Norhc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2770248#Comment_2770248

    Not sure if related but this just happened to me for the first time. I think Nurse is ever more bugged than before.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZRCAAK6BMO1B/ezgif-2-bde8df013f.gif

    Oh no, Killers have learned the ability to hit.. TWICE?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    if im being honest, actually, considering the amount of bugs she had before this mid-chapter i'd say this recode was a general success. a few bugs to iron out but overall it felt like a net improvement to play- at least in the 2 or 3 games i had before changing characters.

    they fixed bunch of major bugs and replaced them with other major bugs, can't really count that as a success

  • I played Nurse yesterday (~15 games on xbox), and didn't notice anything different, but I don't play Nurse much.

    I got some M1 bugs, but I don't know if it's really a bug, I think I'm just pressing the M1 button too early and the game ignores the command.

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771321#Comment_2771321

    they fixed bunch of major bugs and replaced them with other major bugs, can't really count that as a success

    so far i can count 2 unique bugs as nurse since the midchapter compared to the 35 i counted pre-midchapter

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    if im being honest, actually, considering the amount of bugs she had before this mid-chapter i'd say this recode was a general success. a few bugs to iron out but overall it felt like a net improvement to play- at least in the 2 or 3 games i had before changing characters.

    Yes, on that part I agree. If they fix the M1 still occurring and the second-blink crapping out sometimes it will be close to perfect. (But I've heard of other bugs I haven't experienced myself last night. As far as I'm concerned they have a few months to iron out these.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773000#Comment_2773000

    so far i can count 2 unique bugs as nurse since the midchapter compared to the 35 i counted pre-midchapter

    well now compare the bugs before to the bugs now

    majority of the old bugs were extremely predictable and experienced nurse knew when they are gonna happen most of the times, especially things like not being able to pass through walls

    however now, you never know when will the game ######### you up and not allow you to attack = lost down = potentially new scenario created where you will lose the game, and the same goes for second blink delay bug

  • I know it's only been a day but I'm going to bump for more visibility.

    I'm getting some wierd results trying to blink upwards in elevation, places like the 2nd floor of the boat in blackwater swamp feel unreachable unless I'm really far away.

  •  I think this new delay between the blinks is what's screwing up the 2nd blink. maybe the delay was to fix the blink bug and in return, screwed up the timing and range for the second blink. if that's the case, could a solution be to leave the delay in and increase the charge time by like 0.5 seconds to compensate? but im not a game dev or know how any of that works. overall theres less bugs now but honestly i would take the blink bug over my muscle memory being thrown off.