Why Isn't Sydney Prescott In DBD?

I would argue she's the Laurie Strode of the Scream series, but she is not included in DBD. Is there any particular reason why?

Comments

  • Because they don't have the license to the scream movies, they only have the license to the ghostface mask

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    I would argue she's the Laurie Strode of the Scream series, but she is not included in DBD. Is there any particular reason why?

    because her 3 teachables would’ve been OP. (Joke)

  • Okay, genuine question:

    image.png

    Does this say "Scream"?

    Also, does this say "Spyglass Media Group"?

    image.png


  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Okay, genuine question:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DF6G15A05BOU/image.png

    Does this say "Scream"?

    Also, does this say "Spyglass Media Group"?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/62AZXBIYUUHO/image.png

    Now wait, I have an actual genuine question: were you being sarcastic? Because I honestly didn't know. Which is why I asked. Sorry if I offended you in some way.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Okay, genuine question:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DF6G15A05BOU/image.png

    Does this say "Scream"?

    Also, does this say "Spyglass Media Group"?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/62AZXBIYUUHO/image.png

    How naive you assume people on the internet can read.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2748943#Comment_2748943

    There's this but we also didn't get Kirsty Cotton from Hellraiser

    Maybe they've decided Laurie is enough.

    It's possible. After all, Laurie is the only "final girl" that we have. I guess if video games had "final girls" you could argue that Jill and Cheryl are also "final girls" but as far as movie stereotypes go, yeah we only have Laurie.

  • Yeah like others have said because we don't have the scream license we have the fun world mask license.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    Because they don't have the license to the scream movies, they only have the license to the ghostface mask

    Thank you for answering my question without being a jerkface.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2748958#Comment_2748958

    Now wait, I have an actual genuine question: were you being sarcastic? Because I honestly didn't know. Which is why I asked. Sorry if I offended you in some way.

    You've been on these forums for 3 months now and we've interacted plenty; you should know that passive aggressive sarcasm is my defauly response to anyone and anything.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2748961#Comment_2748961

    You've been on these forums for 3 months now and we've interacted plenty; you should know that passive aggressive sarcasm is my defauly response to anyone and anything.

    Actually I've always thought of you as that nice guy that post cow pictures. My bad.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2748983#Comment_2748983

    Actually I've always thought of you as that nice guy that post cow pictures. My bad.

    your mistake

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    I would argue she's the Laurie Strode of the Scream series, but she is not included in DBD. Is there any particular reason why?

    There is no Scream chapter; the likeness of Ghostface is owned by Fun World, and that's all they paid for. To be honest I would hate a Scream-style Ghostface in DBD; it just wouldn't fit at all to have some immature, bumbling fool from a parody movie in the Entity's realm, and frankly he would just be terrible if his ability was that "phone call" garbage I keep seeing people suggest on the forums every so often. I much prefer the professional killer approach BHVR took with their version, and I do think it evolves the look of Ghostface into something actually fairly menacing.

  • Id rather have the Wayans brothers over Sidney

  • because she's in my basement

  • @cluxdx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/305015/why-isnt-sydney-prescott-in-dbd

    There is no Scream chapter; the likeness of Ghostface is owned by Fun World, and that's all they paid for. To be honest I would hate a Scream-style Ghostface in DBD; it just wouldn't fit at all to have some immature, bumbling fool from a parody movie in the Entity's realm, and frankly he would just be terrible if his ability was that "phone call" garbage I keep seeing people suggest on the forums every so often. I much prefer the professional killer approach BHVR took with their version, and I do think it evolves the look of Ghostface into something actually fairly menacing.

    I had always wondered why he had a whole new story line and such. It never dawned 9n me that they only owned the rights to the mask, not the movie.

  • Funworld owns the costume and mask of Ghostface. Behavior only licensed the costume from said halloween costume company. This is why Ghostface's backstory is 100% original and makes 0 reference to any Scream media. If they had gotten Sydney too, then they'd be dealing with two different licenses in one DLC. Having the Ghostface license doesn't get you scream and vice versa.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    Funworld owns the costume and mask of Ghostface. Behavior only licensed the costume from said halloween costume company. This is why Ghostface's backstory is 100% original and makes 0 reference to any Scream media. If they had gotten Sydney too, then they'd be dealing with two different licenses in one DLC. Having the Ghostface license doesn't get you scream and vice versa.

    Thank you for your explanation.

  • Plus it makes that dlc cheaper i guess for behavior as they dont have to pay for royalties of characters.

  • @GuyFawx said:

    Plus it makes that dlc cheaper i guess for behavior as they dont have to pay for royalties of characters.

    Makes cents.

    (See what I did there? :p)

  • I want sydney prescott much anyone here but it most likely will never happen tho scream 5 is coming out this month and the big talk about GF lately and sale so who knows.

    but I will say this fun world mask license(Ghostface) would be nothing with out the scream movies that why I thought it was dumb for them to add GF with out sydney or woodsboro map anything do with scream just dumb but it is what it is.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    I want sydney prescott much anyone here but it most likely will never happen tho scream 5 is coming out this month and the big talk about GF lately and sale so who knows.

    but I will say this fun world mask license(Ghostface) would be nothing with out the scream movies that why I thought it was dumb for them to add GF with out sydney or woodsboro map anything do with scream just dumb but it is what it is.

    I'm just thank thankful we have it honestly. I love my Ghostface, no matter how un-cannon. <3

  • Personally id much rather have evil dead 2 ash over Ash vs evil dead