Just Checking In

Hi

I quit dbd last June but I'm thinking of coming back


I don't think anyone here remembers me but I decided to post this just in case anyone cares

Might become active on the forums soon

Comments

  • Hotel Dead by Daylight; you can checkout but you can never leave

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Hotel Dead by Daylight; you can checkout but you can never leave

    lol

  • I remember you.

  • Cool. ๐Ÿ™‚ I played for about a year and a half or so through and then I didn't play for most of 2021. (Not because I disliked the game or anything, I just got distracted by other video games. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ) The game is pretty much the same, aside from some new characters and tweaks here and there.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I remember you.

    You're the guy that made the huge thread pushing for console optimization, right?


    If so, then huge respect.

  • @dugman said:

    Cool. ๐Ÿ™‚ I played for about a year and a half or so through and then I didn't play for most of 2021. (Not because I disliked the game or anything, I just got distracted by other video games. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ) The game is pretty much the same, aside from some new characters and tweaks here and there.

    I'm in the same boat, I got burnt out so I played different games and found some new hobbies

    Have there been any major changes like reworks or a Key Nerf? I heard about the Ringu announcement and I'm looking forward to checking it out, by which I mean watching the Otz stream when the PTB releases.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747439#Comment_2747439

    You're the guy that made the huge thread pushing for console optimization, right?

    If so, then huge respect.

    Yeah, I did.

    Didn't do much good though.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747441#Comment_2747441

    I'm in the same boat, I got burnt out so I played different games and found some new hobbies

    Have there been any major changes like reworks or a Key Nerf? I heard about the Ringu announcement and I'm looking forward to checking it out, by which I mean watching the Otz stream when the PTB releases.

    Hmm, let's see, here's what's new since last June...

    • Resident Evil with Nemesis was added June 15 2021 so you may or may not have been playing then? The survivors were Jill and Leon, and the map is Raccoon City Police Dept, a multilevel somewhat complicated indoor map with a nice look to it. Some people don't like it, I think it's actually not that bad (the pallets are mostly gameable and the layout is a little confusing but mostly ok.)
    • They added a new tutorial where you can play as Trapper against bots or as a survivor with bots against Trapper. (DbD Mobile has a similar feature but you can use any killer.)
    • They've tinkered around with hit validation. (If you ever hit a survivor and they appear to scream and bleed, but then aren't injured, it was invalidated by the server.)
    • The Hellraiser DLC added Pinhead and introduced Scourge Hook perks where four of the hooks have special animations and white auras and you gain benefits from your related perks for hooking survivors on them. (And of course everybody goes crazy over Pinhead's box and voice lines. ๐Ÿ˜„)
    • They added Boon perks which allow the survivor to Bless a totem which grants all survivors in its range all the benefits of your Boon perks. So if I have Boon: Circle of Healing, Boon Shadowstep, and Boon Exponential, then all survivors near my blessed totem get all three benefits. (A given survivor can only have one totem blessed at a time but that totem gets all the benefits of that survivor's Boon perks.) It takes Survivors 14 seconds to bless a totem if it's dull and 28 seconds to bless it if it's a Hex totem. Killers can disable a Blessed totem by going up to it and instantly snuffing it out (it only takes 1 second I think). However a Survivor can continue placing or replacing a Boon as many times as they want, the only restriction being they can only have one at a time. They typically have a range of about 24 meters and killers can hear blessed totems humming from about 10 or so meters (I think)
    • Trapper got a small buff and rework. He now can carry 2 traps at a time instead of just 1, and a bunch of his add-ons got changed. (One of the more interesting ones is he starts the match carrying all of his traps at once but once he places a trap he can't pick it back up.)
    • They also made tweaks to Spirit, Pig, Meyers, Trickster, Plague, Deathslinger, and others.
    • The most recent chapter added The Artist who can summon phantasmal flocks of crows that harass or injure survivors and show her their auras while they swarm around a survivor. She has excellent tracking abilities at all ranges (her crows have unlimited range and can fly through obstacles), and she can lay down crows to zone survivors away from vaults and pallets. The survivor is Jonah and the map is the Eyrie of Crows which mechanically I think is similar to Ormond. (It's the same exact size as Ormond, and both maps have a bright exterior with no grass and a strong central building with two floors overlooking a central room with a couple of strong pallets and breakable walls.)
    • Finally on the PTB currently they are testing using skill checks for survivors to Wiggle out of being carried (sort of like how second hook stages are now skill checks) along with a bunch of perk and add-on tweaks and a good number of bug fixes for Nurse.


    Per the Developer Update, looking ahead they're planning to do some more tweaks to the matchmaking system, and they're working on giving survivors icons on the HUD to let them know what other survivors are doing (e.g. an icon of a gen to show that survivor is working on a gen). The hope is that this will give solo queue survivors a little bit of extra info that people who play on comms with friends get naturally, which can help even the playing field between solo and swf survivors.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747455#Comment_2747455

    Hmm, let's see, here's what's new since last June...

    • Resident Evil with Nemesis was added June 15 2021 so you may or may not have been playing then? The survivors were Jill and Leon, and the map is Raccoon City Police Dept, a multilevel somewhat complicated indoor map with a nice look to it. Some people don't like it, I think it's actually not that bad (the pallets are mostly gameable and the layout is a little confusing but mostly ok.)
    • They added a new tutorial where you can play as Trapper against bots or as a survivor with bots against Trapper. (DbD Mobile has a similar feature but you can use any killer.)
    • They've tinkered around with hit validation. (If you ever hit a survivor and they appear to scream and bleed, but then aren't injured, it was invalidated by the server.)
    • The Hellraiser DLC added Pinhead and introduced Scourge Hook perks where four of the hooks have special animations and white auras and you gain benefits from your related perks for hooking survivors on them. (And of course everybody goes crazy over Pinhead's box and voice lines. ๐Ÿ˜„)
    • They added Boon perks which allow the survivor to Bless a totem which grants all survivors in its range all the benefits of your Boon perks. So if I have Boon: Circle of Healing, Boon Shadowstep, and Boon Exponential, then all survivors near my blessed totem get all three benefits. (A given survivor can only have one totem blessed at a time but that totem gets all the benefits of that survivor's Boon perks.) It takes Survivors 14 seconds to bless a totem if it's dull and 28 seconds to bless it if it's a Hex totem. Killers can disable a Blessed totem by going up to it and instantly snuffing it out (it only takes 1 second I think). However a Survivor can continue placing or replacing a Boon as many times as they want, the only restriction being they can only have one at a time. They typically have a range of about 24 meters and killers can hear blessed totems humming from about 10 or so meters (I think)
    • Trapper got a small buff and rework. He now can carry 2 traps at a time instead of just 1, and a bunch of his add-ons got changed. (One of the more interesting ones is he starts the match carrying all of his traps at once but once he places a trap he can't pick it back up.)
    • They also made tweaks to Spirit, Pig, Meyers, Trickster, Plague, Deathslinger, and others.
    • The most recent chapter added The Artist who can summon phantasmal flocks of crows that harass or injure survivors and show her their auras while they swarm around a survivor. She has excellent tracking abilities at all ranges (her crows have unlimited range and can fly through obstacles), and she can lay down crows to zone survivors away from vaults and pallets. The survivor is Jonah and the map is the Eyrie of Crows which mechanically I think is similar to Ormond. (It's the same exact size as Ormond, and both maps have a bright exterior with no grass and a strong central building with two floors overlooking a central room with a couple of strong pallets and breakable walls.)
    • Finally on the PTB currently they are testing using skill checks for survivors to Wiggle out of being carried (sort of like how second hook stages are now skill checks) along with a bunch of perk and add-on tweaks and a good number of bug fixes for Nurse.

    Per the Developer Update, looking ahead they're planning to do some more tweaks to the matchmaking system, and they're working on giving survivors icons on the HUD to let them know what other survivors are doing (e.g. an icon of a gen to show that survivor is working on a gen). The hope is that this will give solo queue survivors a little bit of extra info that people who play on comms with friends get naturally, which can help even the playing field between solo and swf survivors.

    I heard about RE, Pinhead, Boons, and the Trapper rework, and sadly about the Pinhead voicelines getting removed (by the way, have they come back yet?)


    but I really appreciate you filling me in! Also, I'm glad BHVR is trying to make the solo survivor experience a little better.

  • Bad news, DoritoHead:

    Pyramid Head's addons have not been touched, despite him having the worst addons of any killer in the game and both his power AND his perks being reworked and changed several times.

    Goin' on 18 months with no change to PH's awful, awful addons.

  • @Adjatha said:

    Bad news, DoritoHead:

    Pyramid Head's addons have not been touched, despite him having the worst addons of any killer in the game and both his power AND his perks being reworked and changed several times.

    Goin' on 18 months with no change to PH's awful, awful addons.

    Contrary to the name I'm actually a Legion main lol


    but that is still very sad to hear :(

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747528#Comment_2747528

    Contrary to the name I'm actually a Legion main lol

    but that is still very sad to hear :(

    But, but they did nerf clown and twins.


    They also released the new voice lines made by Doug Bradley.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747528#Comment_2747528

    Contrary to the name I'm actually a Legion main lol

    but that is still very sad to hear :(

    Well in that case: they plan on looking at Legion at SOME point, but no time soon. They're all-in on buffing survivors out the nose and nerfing killers.

    And anyway, considering Clown's rather lame rework, and Trapper's miniscule buff, any kind of Legion rework would probably be far too little to make them all that much fun.

    ... to say nothing of the fact that Boon: Circle of Healing completely trivializes Legion's whole deal, by letting survivors heal themselves super quickly and erasing all the work you did with your power.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747533#Comment_2747533

    But, but they did nerf clown and twins.

    They also released the new voice lines made by Doug Bradley.

    Why would they ever nerf Clown and Twins of all killers?

    And the Doug Bradley voicelines being added is amazing!

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747518#Comment_2747518

    I heard about RE, Pinhead, Boons, and the Trapper rework, and sadly about the Pinhead voicelines getting removed (by the way, have they come back yet?)

    but I really appreciate you filling me in! Also, I'm glad BHVR is trying to make the solo survivor experience a little better.

    Yep, they got Pinhead's original actor Doug Bradley to record a whole bunch of voice lines on the current PTB, it's great! ๐Ÿ˜„

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747526#Comment_2747526

    Yep, they got Pinhead's original actor Doug Bradley to record a whole bunch of voice lines on the current PTB, it's great! ๐Ÿ˜„

    that's amazing

  • Lmao you were on stalkies stream weren't you. Sup

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    Lmao you were on stalkies stream weren't you. Sup

    Hey Nemmy!

    Yeah I was lol

  • Anyways how's the game treating you? Did you actually come back and play some? What you think of the current meta and what killers you been playing as?

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2748283#Comment_2748283

    Anyways how's the game treating you? Did you actually come back and play some? What you think of the current meta and what killers you been playing as?

    I've been playing Legion and one game of Ghostface since I came back. It's alright I guess, still haven't made up my mind about how much I want to play though.

    I don't like the current meta, but I never will like the meta until Monstrous Shrine is the best perk in the game

  • It should have though. It was a really good and thought out thread that still to this day is getting comments on it.

  • Welcome back. I go on big breaks sometimes too.

  • @Shaped said:

    Welcome back. I go on big breaks sometimes too.

    Welcome back.

  • I remember you. Didnโ€™t you used to have a Flashbang pfp?

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Hotel Dead by Daylight; you can checkout but you can never leave

    Love the reference, if I am right, the Eagles, Hotel California?

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747430#Comment_2747430

    Love the reference, if I am right, the Eagles, Hotel California?

    Yuppers!

  • @GannTM said:

    I remember you. Didnโ€™t you used to have a Flashbang pfp?

    I did but then I decided to make it everyone's problem that I do in fact main Legion