I finally know why (some) killers complain
Because you get destroyed by SWF.
Because solo survivor is a joke and there's little satisfaction in winning.
Where's the middle ground?
Because you get destroyed by SWF.
Because solo survivor is a joke and there's little satisfaction in winning.
Where's the middle ground?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Killer IS the middle ground; They kill SoloQs and die to SWFs. 😁
I mean, adding voice comms literally gives SoloQs the same exact buffs that SWFs have, but everyone is against it for vague reasons and half-baked excuses. Mostly to keep SWF strong by forcing devs to keep Killers balanced for SoloQs. 🙃
The middle ground is bringing ebony mori+ cracked addons every match and hope for an engaging and interactive 2k against a SWF
I honestly don't think adding voice communications would make solo much better. Bad players will still make the experience a negative one. That isn't to say I don't want devs balancing around it, they definitely should. The game should be balanced around high level game play and the lower level players should just be lumped together until they gain experience and move up in ranks. They just need to improve their match making system and add some more parameters to it. The need a "time played" parameter that matches new players with each other and should be per 200 hours. This way, you won't have a killer with 10 hours facing a group with 3k hours, nor would you have a survivor with 3 hours go against a killer with 2k hours.
So where's the middle ground? I still fail to understand it...
You can still have survivors with a billion trillion hours in the game in a solo match but that still doesn't make it balanced if they're selfish or playing like A-holes. I guess my original question was rhetoric.
Yeah but SWFs strongest thing is the voice communication; up to the second callouts on where each person is, where the Killer is, what the Killer is doing, if the Killer is stealthed (Ghostface, Pig, etc) (which, by the way, complete breaks said Killer's powers), if the Killer is heading towards someone, etc.
As long as SWF has THAT MUCH information in a game made for having 0 communication; SWFs will continue to win and steamroll.
But, if Killers are balanced for that? SoloQ becomes literally unplayable. So the only answer is to give SoloQs voice comms. Then the game can be balanced around the thing & if someone decides to mute their teammates or not use a mic; that's their choice.
Voice comms would instantly make SoloQ better
SWFs aren’t winning because of voice comms. Killers are mostly losing to good players making good plays.
And don’t forget, it’s not a SWF when you 4K a trial! Those weren’t real SWFs at least. Even though they had comms.
Win chases and you’ll see any team unravels.
Voice comms would be the theoretical perfect way to match SWF for Solos, but it does have a few problems that I think make a sort of quick notification wheel overall better.
If someone doesn't have a mic, doesn't speak the same language, or just plain doesn't want to talk to strangers (understandable), it doesn't do anything. And we all know how easy to abuse voice chat is.
But if you just had a response wheel that let you say things like "I'm on a generator!" "I'm being chased!" "I'm going to unhook!" ect ect, you'd get around all those problems. It naturally wouldn't be as good as pure unrestricted voice communication, but it would be a comfortable middle ground.
I'm pretty sure that SWF are winning for multiple reasons: comms, a desire to save each other, team work, etc.
You don't always have this comradery (to name a perk) among solo teams. The comradery does make a difference.
Yes and no. 4-person swfs do have a significant advantage. Per the Developer Update this month for instance the devs show them having a 15% higher chance of escaping compared to solo groups (with presumably 2- and 3-person squads having roughly proportionally lower bonuses, so something like +5% for 2- and +10% for 3-person swfs).
However that being said 4-person swfs are definitely the minority. I think about half of all matches are solos, and half of the rest have 2-person swfs and 2 solos. It's probably only 5-10% of matches that have full 4-person swfs. So if someone thinks they're "always losing to swfs" they're probably wrong, most of your losses are due to regular old misplays on their part.
Usually the SWFs being complained about are just collections of good players. People want to play with other good players.
Well, that certainly is the problem. Win chases. I agree everything else is ancillary, but knowing the killer is coming my way allows me to pre-plan my route. G'luck catching me when I have multiple strong tilesets to work with AND satisfactory heads up that my gen is the next target.
This relies on the assumption that joining a SWF makes a player better. I think it’s the other way around. A good SWF is just a collection of good players.
I read that +15% survival rate as what good players earn.
They could just do both, even though a response wheel is unnecessary. Hundreds of games have voice comms with no issue.
is that why theyre buffing solo q
You want the DbD community to have access to your ears?
Of course, I've played enough games with voice chat. Plus I will have easier games when I can communicate very politely with the potatoes I get as teammates.
Yeah SWF comms is the issue. It's OP AF. It's like everybody has an unlimited key with the see the killer add-on, and every aura reading perk with unlimited range equipped basekit. They also have perks basekit that don't even exist like being able to know how much progress is on a gen from across the map because a teammate tells them.
I would also add (But nobody cares apparently) that comms is technically cheating as there is no in game chat. Using something as an advantage to win that wasn't intended, buy you know who cares.
The middle ground is being a good and intuitive SoloQ survivor. SoloQ itself isn't bad, the players are bad and they allow the killer to punish them for their badness. I almost exclusively play SoloQ survivor and it seems like every single match I carry the game. Most gens den, most unhooks, longest chases. People just don't want to put in the work to git gud, and its a game that they are supposed to be enjoying so I don't blame them for not wanting to turn it into a second job.
The other major reason is that the killer player is treated like the host of a party whose job is to make sure everyone has fun even if it's stressful/boring to do so.
Don't wanna farm? Sociopath.
Don't wanna play with your dick till everyone full heals? Sociopath.
Don't wanna hook everyone in reverse fibonacci sequence before second hooking? Sociopath.
Don't wanna refuse to ignore the one or more survivors loudly approach the hook? Sociopath.
Use any perk that survivors don't like?
S.O.C.I.O.P.A.T.H.
There are plenty of mediocre players in swfs. All a swf really means is that the people are friends playing a game together, aside from hard core leagues which only represent a very tiny fraction of the player base.
People have good reasons as to why they don't want voice comms in this game, or at least don't think it's the solution to the game's balancing problems.
If BHVR just slapped on voice comms for DBD, and then balanced the game around that communication, then anyone who wouldn't want to use these voice comms would put themselves and their team at a disadvantage, the more people that wouldn't use voice comms in a team, the bigger their disadvantage. And beyond the fact that there are many people in the DBD community you wouldn't ever want to communicate with, there are indeed people that simply don't enjoy using voice comms with strangers in a game. So BHVR could still not balance the game around swf.
It has to go more in the direction that VHS went, where solo survivors have tools in game to communicate with other survivors. Voice comms as an option would of course be possible in that case.
You're in the minority.
Killers complain because solo queue is a joke?
I don’t get it.
I complain because I play soloq survivor and killer lol
You can still tunnel a SWF, that is my motto. If anything, they are more susceptible to it because of the things the homies will do for a goodnight kiss.
People who don't use voice communications already put themselves and their team at a disadvantage.
SWF already gives people a huge advantage over Killers and SoloQ
Tunnel and facecamp. Preferably Basement Bubba or Basement Trapper with agitation and iron grasp.
Exacty. And slapping voice comms onto this game and calling it a day, so they can then balance killers around swf, would make the experience for solo players that don't want to use voice comms just worse.
The best way to balance this game in a better way is to give solo survivors information that swf have as well.