Can we remove iridescent clown add-on and buff his base kit please?

Clown sucks.png

It's not fun to face, there is no counter play in an extended match. The first person hit always instantly disconnects because they know they are about to get camped by the Clown player who is just waiting to hit the rescuing survivor to secure a kill on the currently hooked survivor. Buff the clown if he's in that bad of a position and adjust other add-ons. Nerf or remove the iridescent add-on, please.

Comments

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    Oh no. Not the "fun" argument

    Well, he would actually try to buff his basekit at least...

    BHVR usually just nerfs unfun thing into oblivion and leave it like that... Poor Freddy / Deathslinger

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    Oh no. Not the "fun" argument

    But I mean like.

    Pinky Finger is a fun black hole and killing the current Pinky Finger while making base-kit Clown not garbage is a pretty enticing idea.

  • Pinkie Finger already has a big nerf on PTB. Maybe wait to see how that goes?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745219#Comment_2745219

    Some folks enjoy pinky finger. It's just draining that all it takes sometimes to nerf things in to the ground is "my fun !!" But it's never about what's fun for killers to use.

    I don't think pinky finger is all that bad to go against. Yet boons are unfun to face. Yet they remain untouched. DS and tbagged at the gate is unfun to go against. Yet DS exists in end game. Dead Hard is UNFUN and bullshit to go against. Yet it remains untouched

    Yeah, people also enjoyed old Iri heads.

    Things shouldn't be nerfed because they're not fun or else Hag would just be deleted from the game, but it's not a factor that should be ignored. The bigger reason pinky finger should be taken down is that it's head and shoulders above everything else Clown has and he himself should be brought up to a middle ground between it and him.

    It being pure fun vampirism is a secondary thing.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745255#Comment_2745255

    My point is. Survivors have so many bullshit unfair perks. Yet here we are asking for clown nerfs on an already ######### killer lol

    Sure dude, delete whatever top five survivor perks are currently used for being lame.

    Now can we agree that pinky finger is also lame and should be brought down? No one was even asking for him to get nerfed, just compensated for killing his extra dumb addon. I don't know where that came from.

  • I'm using up all the Pinky Fingers I have before the big nerf, it's fun making people mad and all but I have to play like 60 Clown games, so the joke's on me.

  • Yeah they can’t buff his base kit without gutting the pinky finger. Too bad the nerf is lazy

  • His pinky is irrelevant; survivors overall dislike Clown. Buffing his base kit will make people call him Wraith 2.0 and demand nerfs.

    Your average survivor cant even loop an addonless Clown to start with.

  • @dugman said:

    Pinkie Finger already has a big nerf on PTB. Maybe wait to see how that goes?

    It's not that big of a nerf. You can still use the +2 bottles add-on and have 4 bottles with pinky finger. Don't need more than that for a down. It's more or less the same as before unless you have really bad aim.

    Anyway, it's a highly noninteractive add-on, so I'd happily trade it away for general buffs to Clown's kit. I shouldn't have to run pinky finger to feel like I stand a chance at winning.

  • @Ghoste said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745242#Comment_2745242

    It's not that big of a nerf. You can still use the +2 bottles add-on and have 4 bottles with pinky finger. Don't need more than that for a down. It's more or less the same as before unless you have really bad aim.

    Anyway, it's a highly noninteractive add-on, so I'd happily trade it away for general buffs to Clown's kit. I shouldn't have to run pinky finger to feel like I stand a chance at winning.

    To put it another way, Huntress and Clown now have very similar add-ons. Huntress gets 1 shot or 3 with an extra add-on combo, Clown gets 2 bottles or 4 with a combo. Huntress' axes get their damage and down instantly on a hit, though, and have a wider hit box than the bottles so they're slightly easier to land which makes up for Clown have 2-4 shots before reloading instead of 1-3.

    So my question then is do you think the Huntress red add-on wasn't nerfed when they limited its ammo? Do you think it's currently overpowered? Because I'm fairly sure Huntress players don't use it all that often since its ammo was limited. Clowns red add-on might still see use, but it's definitely taken a hit.

  • To clarify, for those that do not seem to understand my point of view. I understand the clown's iridescent add-on is fun to use a killer, but it makes the game unplayable by survivors. Fun should exist as both killer and survivor within the same game at different points in the game. This add-on completely kills any fun a survivor has during this match. Games should not be one sided like this, which is why I think removing it and buffing the base kit of clown to where he is a bit stronger naturally would be healthy. Of course, any adjustments needed to be made to his other add-ons can be included with the buff.

    I also understand survivors have it really good, specially in SWF groups. This is something that I wouldn't mind if it got affected because I normally play solo survivor, and on the rare occasion I play with friends in red ranks, we don't sweat by bullying the killers we face. I understand boons are nuts, I wouldn't mind seeing those be nerfed, and while DH,DS,BT,UB are all annoying, you can play around them. I've played killer in red ranks for plenty of resets through out my ~900 hrs played, and while I may run into a group with 4 deadhards often, the same cannot be said for the other perks. Sure, you may encounter SWF groups with the exact same builds, but they do not exist in your every lobby, and in the rare scenario that you do come across a SWF with these perks, you will need to learn to play around their build.


    DH - probably the most annoying one of the 4 from what I've experienced and have seen people experience. Don't swing early, and if they use it to reach the next tile safely, take a look at the current state of the game and decide whether or not it is a wise choice to continue chasing the current survivor.

    BT - Don't tunnel whoever just got unhooked. It's not that hard man. You can juggle 2 survivors and not chase anybody else and win most games if you are competent and understand how to balance chases and gen-pressuring as a killer. Once you take 2 survivors out, 95% of the time the game is over if there is a 3 gen situation or more than 2 gens that need completion.

    DS - Same as above. DS has been nerfed, leaving a survivor as useful as tits on a man if they choose to run around to save their DS in case they get chased. If they force themselves on you, slug them, which also renders them useless.

    UB - Don't slug everybody. 4 man slugging is greedy. Yes, sometimes it can be seen as the correct play, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a greedy play and can backfire. If you slugged one player and they UB, who cares? He was useless for a good amount of time, that hopefully you took advantage of.

    Before you all come all Hot Wheels on my ass with the flame, understand that this is not me defending survivors. This is me giving you killer players some advice on how to deal with this build that everybody considers so toxic while we wait to see if BHVR ever nerfs them. My point is also to show that you at least have choices as a killer when it comes to facing these builds. Facing a clown with an iridescent add-on leaves you no choice but to spread for him while he finishes, or disconnect.

  • To clarify, for those that do not seem to understand my point of view. I understand the clown's iridescent add-on is fun to use a killer, but it makes the game unplayable by survivors. Fun should exist as both killer and survivor within the same game at different points in the game. This add-on completely kills any fun a survivor has during this match. Games should not be one sided like this, which is why I think removing it and buffing the base kit of clown to where he is a bit stronger naturally would be healthy. Of course, any adjustments needed to be made to his other add-ons can be included with the buff.

    I also understand survivors have it really good, specially in SWF groups. This is something that I wouldn't mind if it got affected because I normally play solo survivor, and on the rare occasion I play with friends in red ranks, we don't sweat by bullying the killers we face. I understand boons are nuts, I wouldn't mind seeing those be nerfed, and while DH,DS,BT,UB are all annoying, you can play around them. I've played killer in red ranks for plenty of resets through out my ~900 hrs played, and while I may run into a group with 4 deadhards often, the same cannot be said for the other perks. Sure, you may encounter SWF groups with the exact same builds, but they do not exist in your every lobby, and in the rare scenario that you do come across a SWF with these perks, you will need to learn to play around their build.

    DH - probably the most annoying one of the 4 from what I've experienced and have seen people experience. Don't swing early, and if they use it to reach the next tile safely, take a look at the current state of the game and decide whether or not it is a wise choice to continue chasing the current survivor.

    BT - Don't tunnel whoever just got unhooked. It's not that hard man. You can juggle 2 survivors and not chase anybody else and win most games if you are competent and understand how to balance chases and gen-pressuring as a killer. Once you take 2 survivors out, 95% of the time the game is over if there is a 3 gen situation or more than 2 gens that need completion.

    DS - Same as above. DS has been nerfed, leaving a survivor as useful as tits on a man if they choose to run around to save their DS in case they get chased. If they force themselves on you, slug them, which also renders them useless.

    UB - Don't slug everybody. 4 man slugging is greedy. Yes, sometimes it can be seen as the correct play, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a greedy play and can backfire. If you slugged one player and they UB, who cares? He was useless for a good amount of time, that hopefully you took advantage of.

    Before you all come all Hot Wheels on my ass with the flame, understand that this is not me defending survivors. This is me giving you killer players some advice on how to deal with this build that everybody considers so toxic while we wait to see if BHVR ever nerfs them. My point is also to show that you at least have choices as a killer when it comes to facing these builds. Facing a clown with an iridescent add-on leaves you no choice but to spread for him while he finishes, or disconnect.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745360#Comment_2745360

    Stop with defending bullshit survivor perks and how to "play around them"

    You know what you can do to play around pinky finger ? JUKE IT. There's counter play. Just like the perks you listed.

    There's so much wrong with the counter play you listed anyways.

    Clearly, there is no reasoning with you, and that's fine. I at least tried meeting clown players halfway by acknowledging that the base kit of the clown needs a buff, but this cannot happen while Pinky finger exists, since he would become way more oppressive than he already is. You want to keep your pinky finger? go for it, but understand your killer will never be buffed.

  • @Extremes said:

    To clarify, for those that do not seem to understand my point of view. I understand the clown's iridescent add-on is fun to use a killer, but it makes the game unplayable by survivors. Fun should exist as both killer and survivor within the same game at different points in the game. This add-on completely kills any fun a survivor has during this match. Games should not be one sided like this, which is why I think removing it and buffing the base kit of clown to where he is a bit stronger naturally would be healthy. Of course, any adjustments needed to be made to his other add-ons can be included with the buff.

    I also understand survivors have it really good, specially in SWF groups. This is something that I wouldn't mind if it got affected because I normally play solo survivor, and on the rare occasion I play with friends in red ranks, we don't sweat by bullying the killers we face. I understand boons are nuts, I wouldn't mind seeing those be nerfed, and while DH,DS,BT,UB are all annoying, you can play around them. I've played killer in red ranks for plenty of resets through out my ~900 hrs played, and while I may run into a group with 4 deadhards often, the same cannot be said for the other perks. Sure, you may encounter SWF groups with the exact same builds, but they do not exist in your every lobby, and in the rare scenario that you do come across a SWF with these perks, you will need to learn to play around their build.

    DH - probably the most annoying one of the 4 from what I've experienced and have seen people experience. Don't swing early, and if they use it to reach the next tile safely, take a look at the current state of the game and decide whether or not it is a wise choice to continue chasing the current survivor.

    BT - Don't tunnel whoever just got unhooked. It's not that hard man. You can juggle 2 survivors and not chase anybody else and win most games if you are competent and understand how to balance chases and gen-pressuring as a killer. Once you take 2 survivors out, 95% of the time the game is over if there is a 3 gen situation or more than 2 gens that need completion.

    DS - Same as above. DS has been nerfed, leaving a survivor as useful as tits on a man if they choose to run around to save their DS in case they get chased. If they force themselves on you, slug them, which also renders them useless.

    UB - Don't slug everybody. 4 man slugging is greedy. Yes, sometimes it can be seen as the correct play, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a greedy play and can backfire. If you slugged one player and they UB, who cares? He was useless for a good amount of time, that hopefully you took advantage of.

    Before you all come all Hot Wheels on my ass with the flame, understand that this is not me defending survivors. This is me giving you killer players some advice on how to deal with this build that everybody considers so toxic while we wait to see if BHVR ever nerfs them. My point is also to show that you at least have choices as a killer when it comes to facing these builds. Facing a clown with an iridescent add-on leaves you no choice but to spread for him while he finishes, or disconnect.

    IMO Pinky Finger Clown is not that much different from plain 'ol Bubba.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745372#Comment_2745372

    IMO Pinky Finger Clown is not that much different from plain 'ol Bubba.

    I don't disagree that bubba is a disgusting killer if played in the same manner.

  • @Extremes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745398#Comment_2745398

    I don't disagree that bubba is a disgusting killer if played in the same manner.

    Sounds more like a camping issue than anything.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745374#Comment_2745374

    I don't know what you're expecting. You're literally defending dead hard. "wait it out" doesn't work in a LOT of scenarios. Dead harding for distance is a big, big problem.

    You can't possibly defend broken perks. Then hate killer add ons you find "unfun"

    If you just take the time to read, you will see I said I know survivors have it good. I am perfectly fine with survivors being nerfed in reasonable ways, though personally I feel the frustration killers suffer is from facing SWF most of the time. Once in a while you might come across a group of really good solo survivors. I am gonna stop my conversation with you here though, simply because I don't see this conversation going anywhere as you don't seem to want to find a common point.

  • Everytime I see anything about Pinky Finger I forget it's the insta down one not the aura one and all I can think is "holy ######### it's really not that strong, at least complain about the instadown one"

    You can imagine my rollercoaster of emotion that was reading the patch notes.

    Bleach nerf is still bullshit. Clown is never getting a buff if they think bleach needed a nerf, even a small one. They'd likely just make the addon useless and change nothing.

    Yes I'm bitter. H0nk H0nk.

  • @Extremes said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XLR0838TA1CL/clown-sucks.png

    It's not fun to face, there is no counter play in an extended match. The first person hit always instantly disconnects because they know they are about to get camped by the Clown player who is just waiting to hit the rescuing survivor to secure a kill on the currently hooked survivor. Buff the clown if he's in that bad of a position and adjust other add-ons. Nerf or remove the iridescent add-on, please.

    Neither is Dead Hard and Boon: Circle of Healing. Remove those perks and THEN you can remove iridescent pinky finger.

  • It turns him into a worse bubba and they're already nerfing him. Imagine needing to demand nerfs of a bottom 5 killer lmao.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    It turns him into a worse bubba and they're already nerfing him. Imagine needing to demand nerfs of a bottom 5 killer lmao.

    What? Bubba is getting a nerf?

  • @BlighTown said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/304468/can-we-remove-iridescent-clown-add-on-and-buff-his-base-kit-please

    Neither is Dead Hard and Boon: Circle of Healing. Remove those perks and THEN you can remove iridescent pinky finger.

    This unfortunately is not balanced either. You're asking for a nerf across every survivor player for a nerf on ONE killer that rarely gets played. I'd love to see clown played more often, but Pinky finger makes it unplayable.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    It turns him into a worse bubba and they're already nerfing him. Imagine needing to demand nerfs of a bottom 5 killer lmao.

    If you actually read and try to analyze what I'm suggesting, you will see that I want clown to get buffed. Clown without add-ons to get buffed, so players don't feel he's only playable with ONE add-on and refuse to play him otherwise. But you can continue to be blind and bitter if you wish.

  • @Extremes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745454#Comment_2745454

    If you actually read and try to analyze what I'm suggesting, you will see that I want clown to get buffed. Clown without add-ons to get buffed, so players don't feel he's only playable with ONE add-on and refuse to play him otherwise. But you can continue to be blind and bitter if you wish.

    Why is nerfing the pinky finger a requirement to buff his kit? Here, I improved your idea. Leave the pinky finger alone and buff his kit. I just made a much better suggestion than yours.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745474#Comment_2745474

    Why is nerfing the pinky finger a requirement to buff his kit? Here, I improved your idea. Leave the pinky finger alone and buff his kit. I just made a much better suggestion than yours.

    Because what's overpowered is Pinky finger, not his kit. You will never see a buff on clown as long as Pinky finger exists. You're welcome to continue being a smart-ass.

  • @Ghoste said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745242#Comment_2745242

    It's not that big of a nerf. You can still use the +2 bottles add-on and have 4 bottles with pinky finger. Don't need more than that for a down. It's more or less the same as before unless you have really bad aim.

    Anyway, it's a highly noninteractive add-on, so I'd happily trade it away for general buffs to Clown's kit. I shouldn't have to run pinky finger to feel like I stand a chance at winning.

    image.png

    The description of the add-on implies that the bottle count is capped for the add-on, meaning you can't patch it up with the purple bottle add-on.

    Nonetheless the nerf is justified, but I wish they buffed Clown to compensate.

  • @Extremes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745442#Comment_2745442

    This unfortunately is not balanced either. You're asking for a nerf across every survivor player for a nerf on ONE killer that rarely gets played. I'd love to see clown played more often, but Pinky finger makes it unplayable.

    What makes the game unplayable is when a Clown is flying across the map and throwing hatches at your face.

  • @BlighTown said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745471#Comment_2745471

    What makes the game unplayable is when a Clown is flying across the map and throwing hatches at your face.

    At this point you're not even speaking about things that exist in the game, so I'm done chatting with you. Good day mate.

  • @Extremes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2745497#Comment_2745497

    At this point you're not even speaking about things that exist in the game, so I'm done chatting with you. Good day mate.

    Then you haven't played Dead by Daylight long enough.

    Good riddance, sir.

  • @Extremes said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XLR0838TA1CL/clown-sucks.png

    It's not fun to face, there is no counter play in an extended match. The first person hit always instantly disconnects because they know they are about to get camped by the Clown player who is just waiting to hit the rescuing survivor to secure a kill on the currently hooked survivor. Buff the clown if he's in that bad of a position and adjust other add-ons. Nerf or remove the iridescent add-on, please.

    Buff legion