Survivor Totem Experiment 200 Games

Hey all, I've been collecting stats for quite some time.

We've never gotten stats as to the average number of totems cleansed in a game (and I haven't seen anyone do it) so I thought I'd try it out. So, I've had roughly 200 games worth of stats and I'm gonna try my best to condense them down into a easily legible format because I took notes by hand.

I recorded whether or not I was in a SWF, how large of a SWF, how many totems were cleansed, how many were boon'd at the end of the match, what Killer we played, whether or not they facecamped, what map we got, whether or not the Killer took us there, whether or not the Killer had NOED, the result of the match (2K, 3K with Hatch ect) and any additional notes I had. Forgive me if there are slight discrepancies, I'm basically copying this from paper.

So, without further ado, let's get into it.



In total, I played 95 Solo Q Games. In those 95 games, a total of 289 Dull (or Hex) Totems were cleansed when the last gen popped. By averaging that (289 totems / 95 games) we get an average of 3.05 totems cleansed in the average Solo Q game.

I did keep track of if any Boon Perks were active when the last gen popped, but surprisingly, it was extremely uncommon to see Boons up when the final gen was completed. I would imagine it is because the effect of Boons (CoH) is so strong that the Killer feels the need to cleanse it ASAP. In regards to Solo Q, there were only 7 Boons up when the match ended or when the final gen was completed.

The most popular Killer in my Solo Q matches was Bubba who appeared in 14 out of 95 games. That gives him a 15% appearance rate in my Solo Q matches. Out of those 14 Solo Q Bubba's, only 2 didn't facecamp.

The least popular Killer in my Solo Q matches was a FIVE way tie. I never saw Oni, Plague, Hag or Deathslinger in any of my Solo Q games.

For the Kill Rate in my Solo Q Matches, there were 136 sacrifices in 95 games. 136/95 gives us about 1.43. So, the average Kill Rate for my Solo Q matches is 1.43, which to my knowledge, means that the Killer is getting a 1K on average with a slight skew towards getting a 2K.




Next up we have Duo Q games. I ran Duo, Trio and 4-Man queue's with players significantly better than me. Thanks to @Shdw_Void for the help. Also, one of the other Duo/Trio/4-Man Survivors has a crippling addiction to flashlight saves. We probably would've survived more if he didn't try to burn the Killer's retinas every 5 seconds.

Anyway, 74 Duo Q Games. In those 74 games, a total of 192 Dull (or Hex) Totems were cleansed. By dividing 192 by 74, we get an average of 2.60 totems cleansed in an average Duo Q game. Kind of weird that it went down.

There were only 3 Boons active when the final gen was done or when the match ended.

The most popular Duo Q Killer was still Bubba who appeared 8 times, which gives him about an 11% pick rate. Out of those Bubba's, only 1 didn't facecamp.

The least popular Killer in my Duo Q matches was a TWO way tie between Hag and Twins. Never saw them at all.

For the Kill Rate in my Duo Q matches, there were 138 sacrifices in 74 games. 138/74 is 1.86! That's quite a bit higher than Solo Q! I imagine this is because of the fact that my teammates are better than me and I am getting matched with better Killers. Could also be the fact that I was getting matched with Killers with thousands of hours, but teammates with 15-20 hours.



Next up we have Trio Q Games.

In my 24 games, a total of 77 Dull (or Hex) Totems were cleansed. That gives us about 3.5 totems cleansed in an average Trio Q game. Definitely starting to spike up.

Bubba gets dethroned here because weirdly enough, we saw 3 Hag's. Pretty odd. The least picked Killers were Freddy, Clown, Spirit, Legion, Plague, Oni, Deathslinger, Twins, Nemesis and Trickster. This means basically nothing because of the very small sample size.

For the Kill Rate, there were 28 sacrifices in 24 games. That gives us a Kill Rate of 1.29. That's pretty in-line with all the others. This is also such a small sample size that I don't think it matters.



Finally, we have 4-Man games. I did not play many of these. These stats are just for fun.

In my 7 4-Man games, a total of 28 Dull (or Hex) Totems were cleansed. That gives us an average of 4 totems cleansed per match. It would've been higher, but a Nurse took us to Midwich and slugged us until we bleed-out, so that screwed up the averages.

There's too few games to do a Killer Pick Rate thing.

For the Kill Rate though, there were 15 sacrifices in 7 games. Kill Rate is 2.14. If that Nurse didn't exist it would've been around 1.5, just like the rest but that's why I need more data and why this is just for fun.




So that's all my data. If you have any questions or anything you'd like to inquire about in specific (ie, more unincluded stats) feel free to ask. I'm not going to draw any conclusions from this data, I set out to find out how many totems were cleansed on average in a match. In general, there were 586 Dull (or Hex) Totems cleansed and 200 games played. This gives us an average of 2.93 totems cleansed per match.

EDIT: Here's the raw PDF of the spreadsheet that I just made.

Dbd Totem Stats - Full Sheet.pdf


Comments

  • Yay numbers and stuff

  • @Tr1nity said:

    Yay numbers and stuff

    That is indeed one way to put it.

    I legit spent two hours adding stuff up and trying to make it semi-legible.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Hey all, I've been collecting stats for quite some time.

    We've never gotten stats as to the average number of totems cleansed in a game (and I haven't seen anyone do it) so I thought I'd try it out. So, I've had roughly 200 games worth of stats and I'm gonna try my best to condense them down into a easily legible format because I took notes by hand.

    I recorded whether or not I was in a SWF, how large of a SWF, how many totems were cleansed, how many were boon'd at the end of the match, what Killer we played, whether or not they facecamped, what map we got, whether or not the Killer took us there, whether or not the Killer had NOED, the result of the match (2K, 3K with Hatch ect) and any additional notes I had. Forgive me if there are slight discrepancies, I'm basically copying this from paper.

    So, without further ado, let's get into it.

    In total, I played 95 Solo Q Games. In those 95 games, a total of 289 Dull (or Hex) Totems were cleansed when the last gen popped. By averaging that (289 totems / 95 games) we get an average of 3.05 totems cleansed in the average Solo Q game.

    I did keep track of if any Boon Perks were active when the last gen popped, but surprisingly, it was extremely uncommon to see Boons up when the final gen was completed. I would imagine it is because the effect of Boons (CoH) is so strong that the Killer feels the need to cleanse it ASAP. In regards to Solo Q, there were only 7 Boons up when the match ended or when the final gen was completed.

    The most popular Killer in my Solo Q matches was Bubba who appeared in 14 out of 95 games. That gives him a 15% appearance rate in my Solo Q matches. Out of those 14 Solo Q Bubba's, only 2 didn't facecamp.

    The least popular Killer in my Solo Q matches was a FIVE way tie. I never saw Oni, Plague, Hag or Deathslinger in any of my Solo Q games.

    For the Kill Rate in my Solo Q Matches, there were 136 sacrifices in 95 games. 136/95 gives us about 1.43. So, the average Kill Rate for my Solo Q matches is 1.43, which to my knowledge, means that the Killer is getting a 1K on average with a slight skew towards getting a 2K.

    Next up we have Duo Q games. I ran Duo, Trio and 4-Man queue's with players significantly better than me. Thanks to @Shdw_Void for the help. Also, one of the other Duo/Trio/4-Man Survivors has a crippling addiction to flashlight saves. We probably would've survived more if he didn't try to burn the Killer's retinas every 5 seconds.

    Anyway, 74 Duo Q Games. In those 74 games, a total of 192 Dull (or Hex) Totems were cleansed. By dividing 192 by 74, we get an average of 2.60 totems cleansed in an average Duo Q game. Kind of weird that it went down.

    There were only 3 Boons active when the final gen was done or when the match ended.

    The most popular Duo Q Killer was still Bubba who appeared 8 times, which gives him about an 11% pick rate. Out of those Bubba's, only 1 didn't facecamp.

    The least popular Killer in my Duo Q matches was a TWO way tie between Hag and Twins. Never saw them at all.

    For the Kill Rate in my Duo Q matches, there were 138 sacrifices in 74 games. 138/74 is 1.86! That's quite a bit higher than Solo Q! I imagine this is because of the fact that my teammates are better than me and I am getting matched with better Killers. Could also be the fact that I was getting matched with Killers with thousands of hours, but teammates with 15-20 hours.

    Next up we have Trio Q Games.

    In my 24 games, a total of 77 Dull (or Hex) Totems were cleansed. That gives us about 3.5 totems cleansed in an average Trio Q game. Definitely starting to spike up.

    Bubba gets dethroned here because weirdly enough, we saw 3 Hag's. Pretty odd. The least picked Killers were Freddy, Clown, Spirit, Legion, Plague, Oni, Deathslinger, Twins, Nemesis and Trickster. This means basically nothing because of the very small sample size.

    For the Kill Rate, there were 28 sacrifices in 24 games. That gives us a Kill Rate of 1.29. That's pretty in-line with all the others. This is also such a small sample size that I don't think it matters.

    Finally, we have 4-Man games. I did not play many of these. These stats are just for fun.

    In my 7 4-Man games, a total of 28 Dull (or Hex) Totems were cleansed. That gives us an average of 4 totems cleansed per match. It would've been higher, but a Nurse took us to Midwich and slugged us until we bleed-out, so that screwed up the averages.

    There's too few games to do a Killer Pick Rate thing.

    For the Kill Rate though, there were 15 sacrifices in 7 games. Kill Rate is 2.14. If that Nurse didn't exist it would've been around 1.5, just like the rest but that's why I need more data and why this is just for fun.

    So that's all my data. If you have any questions or anything you'd like to inquire about in specific (ie, more unincluded stats) feel free to ask. I'm not going to draw any conclusions from this data, I set out to find out how many totems were cleansed on average in a match. In general, there were 586 Dull (or Hex) Totems cleansed and 200 games played. This gives us an average of 2.93 totems cleansed per match.

    Your stats are telling me that killer players are lucky to even get 2 kills. That seems legit from my games lately.

  • @themoobs1984 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303463/survivor-totem-experiment-200-games

    Your stats are telling me that killer players are lucky to even get 2 kills. That seems legit from my games lately.

    I'll be honest, most of the 1K's were me trying to get more totems 😅

    But yeah, I didn't tell my friends I was doing this, just so that there wouldn't be any possible number skewing because we were hunting totems instead of doing gens.

  • I applaud you for doing this....

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    I applaud you for doing this....

    My neck hurts so much, I was huddled over my papers for way too long lmao

    I hope it's worth it.

  • You had a 5 way tie with 4 killers?

    As a Noed main, I enjoy seeing these stats.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Hey all, I've been collecting stats for quite some time.

    We've never gotten stats as to the average number of totems cleansed in a game (and I haven't seen anyone do it) so I thought I'd try it out. So, I've had roughly 200 games worth of stats and I'm gonna try my best to condense them down into a easily legible format because I took notes by hand.

    I recorded whether or not I was in a SWF, how large of a SWF, how many totems were cleansed, how many were boon'd at the end of the match, what Killer we played, whether or not they facecamped, what map we got, whether or not the Killer took us there, whether or not the Killer had NOED, the result of the match (2K, 3K with Hatch ect) and any additional notes I had. Forgive me if there are slight discrepancies, I'm basically copying this from paper.

    So, without further ado, let's get into it.

    In total, I played 95 Solo Q Games. In those 95 games, a total of 289 Dull (or Hex) Totems were cleansed when the last gen popped. By averaging that (289 totems / 95 games) we get an average of 3.05 totems cleansed in the average Solo Q game.

    I did keep track of if any Boon Perks were active when the last gen popped, but surprisingly, it was extremely uncommon to see Boons up when the final gen was completed. I would imagine it is because the effect of Boons (CoH) is so strong that the Killer feels the need to cleanse it ASAP. In regards to Solo Q, there were only 7 Boons up when the match ended or when the final gen was completed.

    The most popular Killer in my Solo Q matches was Bubba who appeared in 14 out of 95 games. That gives him a 15% appearance rate in my Solo Q matches. Out of those 14 Solo Q Bubba's, only 2 didn't facecamp.

    The least popular Killer in my Solo Q matches was a FIVE way tie. I never saw Oni, Plague, Hag or Deathslinger in any of my Solo Q games.

    For the Kill Rate in my Solo Q Matches, there were 136 sacrifices in 95 games. 136/95 gives us about 1.43. So, the average Kill Rate for my Solo Q matches is 1.43, which to my knowledge, means that the Killer is getting a 1K on average with a slight skew towards getting a 2K.

    Next up we have Duo Q games. I ran Duo, Trio and 4-Man queue's with players significantly better than me. Thanks to @Shdw_Void for the help. Also, one of the other Duo/Trio/4-Man Survivors has a crippling addiction to flashlight saves. We probably would've survived more if he didn't try to burn the Killer's retinas every 5 seconds.

    Anyway, 74 Duo Q Games. In those 74 games, a total of 192 Dull (or Hex) Totems were cleansed. By dividing 192 by 74, we get an average of 2.60 totems cleansed in an average Duo Q game. Kind of weird that it went down.

    There were only 3 Boons active when the final gen was done or when the match ended.

    The most popular Duo Q Killer was still Bubba who appeared 8 times, which gives him about an 11% pick rate. Out of those Bubba's, only 1 didn't facecamp.

    The least popular Killer in my Duo Q matches was a TWO way tie between Hag and Twins. Never saw them at all.

    For the Kill Rate in my Duo Q matches, there were 138 sacrifices in 74 games. 138/74 is 1.86! That's quite a bit higher than Solo Q! I imagine this is because of the fact that my teammates are better than me and I am getting matched with better Killers. Could also be the fact that I was getting matched with Killers with thousands of hours, but teammates with 15-20 hours.

    Next up we have Trio Q Games.

    In my 24 games, a total of 77 Dull (or Hex) Totems were cleansed. That gives us about 3.5 totems cleansed in an average Trio Q game. Definitely starting to spike up.

    Bubba gets dethroned here because weirdly enough, we saw 3 Hag's. Pretty odd. The least picked Killers were Freddy, Clown, Spirit, Legion, Plague, Oni, Deathslinger, Twins, Nemesis and Trickster. This means basically nothing because of the very small sample size.

    For the Kill Rate, there were 28 sacrifices in 24 games. That gives us a Kill Rate of 1.29. That's pretty in-line with all the others. This is also such a small sample size that I don't think it matters.

    Finally, we have 4-Man games. I did not play many of these. These stats are just for fun.

    In my 7 4-Man games, a total of 28 Dull (or Hex) Totems were cleansed. That gives us an average of 4 totems cleansed per match. It would've been higher, but a Nurse took us to Midwich and slugged us until we bleed-out, so that screwed up the averages.

    There's too few games to do a Killer Pick Rate thing.

    For the Kill Rate though, there were 15 sacrifices in 7 games. Kill Rate is 2.14. If that Nurse didn't exist it would've been around 1.5, just like the rest but that's why I need more data and why this is just for fun.

    So that's all my data. If you have any questions or anything you'd like to inquire about in specific (ie, more unincluded stats) feel free to ask. I'm not going to draw any conclusions from this data, I set out to find out how many totems were cleansed on average in a match. In general, there were 586 Dull (or Hex) Totems cleansed and 200 games played. This gives us an average of 2.93 totems cleansed per match.

    I love data but all I'm getting from this is that 2.93 totem get cleansed per game in which you are actively trying to cleanse totems?

    What's the purpose of this?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733755#Comment_2733755

    My neck hurts so much, I was huddled over my papers for way too long lmao

    I hope it's worth it.

    Oh it’s worth it, Steve Harrington would be proud. Oh and those bubba matches sounded really boring

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303463/survivor-totem-experiment-200-games

    I love data but all I'm getting from this is that 2.93 totem get cleansed per game in which you are actively trying to cleanse totems?

    What's the purpose of this?

    The purpose was to see how many totems get cleansed on average.

    Make what you want from it.

  • @lauraa said:

    You had a 5 way tie with 4 killers?

    As a Noed main, I enjoy seeing these stats.

    Yeah, never saw any of them.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733755#Comment_2733755

    My neck hurts so much, I was huddled over my papers for way too long lmao

    I hope it's worth it.

    It is worth it...

    It does show that the average Totems is around 3... without telling other of what you're doing

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733770#Comment_2733770

    The purpose was to see how many totems get cleansed on average.

    Make what you want from it.

    What is the significance of 2.93 totems being cleansed?

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733763#Comment_2733763

    It is worth it...

    It does show that the average Totems is around 3... without telling other of what you're doing

    What does the last part mean?

    Perhaps I can clarifiy?

  • Very interesting results. Thank you for your efforts.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733813#Comment_2733813

    What is the significance of 2.93 totems being cleansed?

    You could draw a few conclusions from it.

    Perhaps the most obvious relates to NOED. If not even 3 totems are being cleansed on average, then it's probably a safe bet that NOED will activate routinely as Killer.

    Less obvious is the correlation surrounding other Hex perks. It's no coincidence that it is 2.93. Ruin and Undying is still a very popular combo and I believe most people will ignore Dulls after cleansing the Hexes.


    What do you gather from the data?

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733813#Comment_2733813

    What is the significance of 2.93 totems being cleansed?

    Knowing people care about NOED, and are not only doing generators during the trial?

    I find it interesting with the Boon meta to have people who cleanse.

  • @Adjatha said:

    Very interesting results. Thank you for your efforts.

    Yeah, I was pretty surprised by the results.

    On the bright side, nobody can accuse me of being biased.

    The totems cleansed make me think "yikes NOED is kinda too good" but on the flip side the Kill Rate is 😬

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733888#Comment_2733888

    Knowing people care about NOED, and are not only doing generators during the trial?

    I find it interesting with the Boon meta to have people who cleanse.

    I tried to keep it as fair as possible, so I only cleansed totems I could physically see.

    Still though, I think I was the one who cleansed the majority of totems.

    But yeah, I stopped for a bit (else it would be 300 games) because there were so many Boons and I didn't want to be that guy who messes up other people's fun.

    However, I did it anyway.

  • Oh, did you track how often a boon totem was actually SET each game? Or just if it was still up by the end? Or how many games had at least one survivor bringing a boon perk?

  • @Adjatha said:

    Oh, did you track how often a boon totem was actually SET each game? Or just if it was still up by the end? Or how many games had at least one survivor bringing a boon perk?

    I wanted to track how many times a Boon was lit, but ultimately, there were way way way too many Boons to count that.

    Just off of my memory, around 90% of games had at least 1 Boon perk and I'd say Boons were lit 3-4 times per trial.


    But unfortunately, no, there was simply too much data too take down so I scrapped the idea.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733934#Comment_2733934

    I wanted to track how many times a Boon was lit, but ultimately, there were way way way too many Boons to count that.

    Just off of my memory, around 90% of games had at least 1 Boon perk and I'd say Boons were lit 3-4 times per trial.

    But unfortunately, no, there was simply too much data too take down so I scrapped the idea.

    Ah, fair enough. But knowing that they're in the overwhelming majority of games, they typically are re-lit multiple times, and that killers more often than not have to go out of their way to extinguish them still provides a very interesting metric.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733917#Comment_2733917

    I tried to keep it as fair as possible, so I only cleansed totems I could physically see.

    Still though, I think I was the one who cleansed the majority of totems.

    But yeah, I stopped for a bit (else it would be 300 games) because there were so many Boons and I didn't want to be that guy who messes up other people's fun.

    However, I did it anyway.

    I actually stopped to play Boons for two reasons, and one of them was people cleansing the five totems immediately so I had three perks. Weird as it happens very often. I rarely had trials with people using Boons and I don't think my MMR is the lowest (according to my teammates'/the Killers' skills).

    I don't know if people are too scared of NOED to even let one dull for a Boon or if they decided it was too game breaking and stopped to run them.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733837#Comment_2733837

    What does the last part mean?

    Perhaps I can clarifiy?

    I was saying that there would more Totems if you told your teammates that you were doing Totems.... They would've helped

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733837#Comment_2733837

    What does the last part mean?

    Perhaps I can clarifiy?

    I guess the main intention of this is to check if doing totems is an actual valid counterplay to NOED? If it is, there would be one thing missing in the stats. Not meaning that these stats are worthless, good job on that one.

    But in regards of countering NOED, it is often said that doing 5 totems while you struggle to survive is not always possible. And when it comes to NOED, an important aspect is how many of the uncleansed totem spots are known to the team, so you know where to go to cleanse and attempt the unhook afterwards. You don't have to cleanse every totem you see to counter NOED, but you need to remember where you saw dull or broken totems. But this stat is of course not possible to track in a solo queue

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733895#Comment_2733895

    I was saying that there would more Totems if you told your teammates that you were doing Totems.... They would've helped

    Oh, yes.

    I suspect that's why the Totem percentages were so close together. Obviously, if we had coordinated our efforts, we probably could've cleansed more.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733895#Comment_2733895

    I guess the main intention of this is to check if doing totems is an actual valid counterplay to NOED? If it is, there would be one thing missing in the stats. Not meaning that these stats are worthless, good job on that one.

    But in regards of countering NOED, it is often said that doing 5 totems while you struggle to survive is not always possible. And when it comes to NOED, an important aspect is how many of the uncleansed totem spots are known to the team, so you know where to go to cleanse and attempt the unhook afterwards. You don't have to cleanse every totem you see to counter NOED, but you need to remember where you saw dull or broken totems. But this stat is of course not possible to track in a solo queue

    Correct, it would be impossible to track. I would also argue that whole "leave totems up but remember where they are" is only really effective in a 3+ group.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2734117#Comment_2734117

    Oh, yes.

    I suspect that's why the Totem percentages were so close together. Obviously, if we had coordinated our efforts, we probably could've cleansed more.

    That makes sense as to what's said about SWF's being able to Cleanse all of the Totems

    As compared to Solo's

  • This was very interesting to read. Way better than the people who were trying to draw conclusions about balance from 10 games a few days ago.

    Do you have a correlation between number of totems cleansed and maps? It would be nice to know which maps they get cleansed more often.

    And again, solo queue gets the short stick in the NOED story. Hope it gets changed soon.

  • Pretty good job for tracking all those stats.

    This looks similar to my solo experience.

    Now, why are some survivors so allergic to doing bones, when the kill rate is so low, is beyond my comprehension.

  • @Labrac said:

    This was very interesting to read. Way better than the people who were trying to draw conclusions about balance from 10 games a few days ago.

    Do you have a correlation between number of totems cleansed and maps? It would be nice to know which maps they get cleansed more often.

    And again, solo queue gets the short stick in the NOED story. Hope it gets changed soon.

    Yeah, I'll tally them up and reply later, I'm on mobile rn.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Pretty good job for tracking all those stats.

    This looks similar to my solo experience.

    Now, why are some survivors so allergic to doing bones, when the kill rate is so low, is beyond my comprehension.

    I really should've tracked hooks too

  • @Tsulan said:

    Pretty good job for tracking all those stats.

    This looks similar to my solo experience.

    Now, why are some survivors so allergic to doing bones, when the kill rate is so low, is beyond my comprehension.

    People in solo q feeling confident that only "the other guy" will get fish slapped by a juicy noed and dip before the killer comes to their gate.

  • Kudos. It was very interesting and pleasure to read

  • "Kill Rate for my Solo Q matches is 1.43"

    roughly same in my matches. I'm always confused by people complaining solo q is weak when its still stronger than most killers.


    Totem number was a little higher than I expected tbh. Thank you for the data, always interesting to get records from other players.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    "Kill Rate for my Solo Q matches is 1.43"

    roughly same in my matches. I'm always confused by people complaining solo q is weak when its still stronger than most killers.

    Totem number was a little higher than I expected tbh. Thank you for the data, always interesting to get records from other players.

    Do bear in mind that the Kill Rates for the last 100 games have been considerably higher.

    I would wager that they'd be well over 2.5 because the first 100 games were extremely easy. Good teammates, okay Killers. Now it's good Killers, bad teammates.

  • What did you use to search for totems?

    Curious as I can get 2-4 totems solo and still escape most games using Detective's Hunch, if that's what I want to run.

    Edited to add that I never use Maps or Small Game/Counterforce, if that matters.

    Edited again to say that DH also lets you know where NOED is when it procs for easy cleansing.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2734370#Comment_2734370

    Do bear in mind that the Kill Rates for the last 100 games have been considerably higher.

    I would wager that they'd be well over 2.5 because the first 100 games were extremely easy. Good teammates, okay Killers. Now it's good Killers, bad teammates.

    Yeah bad teammates is a death sentence. Hope you're games pick back up soon :)

  • @Labrac said:

    This was very interesting to read. Way better than the people who were trying to draw conclusions about balance from 10 games a few days ago.

    Do you have a correlation between number of totems cleansed and maps? It would be nice to know which maps they get cleansed more often.

    And again, solo queue gets the short stick in the NOED story. Hope it gets changed soon.

    I'll list the average number of totems cleansed on each map, alright?


    Rancid Abattoir: Average of 4 totems cleansed

    Fractured Cowshed: Average of 1.7 totems cleansed

    Torment Creek: Average of 2 totems cleansed

    Thompson House: Average of 4 totems cleansed

    Rotten Fields: Average of 2.8 totems cleansed

    Coal Tower: Average of 3.2 totems cleansed

    Groaning Storehouse: Average of 2.4 totems cleansed

    Shelter Woods: Average of 2.22 totems cleansed

    Ironworks of Misery: Average of 3 totems cleansed

    Suffocation Pit: Average of 1 totems cleansed

    Aazarov's Resting Place: Average of 2.25 totems cleansed

    Blood Lodge: Average of 3.16 totems cleansed

    Gas Heaven: Average of 2 totems cleansed

    Wrecker's Yard: Average of 2 totems cleansed

    Wretched Shop: Average of 2 totems cleansed

    Disturbed Ward: Average of 3.5 totems cleansed

    Father Campbell's Chapel: Average of 1.5 totems cleansed

    Haddonfield: Average of 2.3 totems cleansed

    The Pale Rose: Average of 2 totems cleansed

    Grim Pantry: Average of 3.2 totems cleansed

    Lery's: Average of 3.27 totems cleansed

    Mother's Dwelling: Average of 3.33 totems cleansed

    Temple of Purgation: Average of 2.83 totems cleansed

    Badham (all of them): Average of 2.85 totems cleansed

    The Game: Average of 2.41 totems cleansed

    Family Residence: Average of 3.5 totems cleansed

    Sanctum of Wrath: Average of 2.33 totems cleansed

    Mount Ormond Resort: Average of 2.66 totems cleansed

    Dead Dawg Saloon: Average of 1.66 totems cleansed

    Midwich: Average of 2.54 totems cleansed

    RPD: Average of 2.69 (nice) totems cleansed

    Eeyrie of Crows: Average of 2.75 totems cleansed

  • @Raccoon said:

    What did you use to search for totems?

    Curious as I can get 2-4 totems solo and still escape most games using Detective's Hunch, if that's what I want to run.

    Edited to add that I never use Maps or Small Game/Counterforce, if that matters.

    Edited again to say that DH also lets you know where NOED is when it procs for easy cleansing.

    Small Game.

    I needed to keep track of what my teammates were doing. I needed to know exactly how many totems were done and Small Game tells me, regardless of whether or not I cleansed said totem.

  • Did killers get 2.14 kills from playing nice and fair? Or did some try to camp and tunnel?

    Because often, you can easily get a 2-4k if you're very willing to tunnel and camp.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2734195#Comment_2734195

    I'll list the average number of totems cleansed on each map, alright?

    Rancid Abattoir: Average of 4 totems cleansed

    Fractured Cowshed: Average of 1.7 totems cleansed

    Torment Creek: Average of 2 totems cleansed

    Thompson House: Average of 4 totems cleansed

    Rotten Fields: Average of 2.8 totems cleansed

    Coal Tower: Average of 3.2 totems cleansed

    Groaning Storehouse: Average of 2.4 totems cleansed

    Shelter Woods: Average of 2.22 totems cleansed

    Ironworks of Misery: Average of 3 totems cleansed

    Suffocation Pit: Average of 1 totems cleansed

    Aazarov's Resting Place: Average of 2.25 totems cleansed

    Blood Lodge: Average of 3.16 totems cleansed

    Gas Heaven: Average of 2 totems cleansed

    Wrecker's Yard: Average of 2 totems cleansed

    Wretched Shop: Average of 2 totems cleansed

    Disturbed Ward: Average of 3.5 totems cleansed

    Father Campbell's Chapel: Average of 1.5 totems cleansed

    Haddonfield: Average of 2.3 totems cleansed

    The Pale Rose: Average of 2 totems cleansed

    Grim Pantry: Average of 3.2 totems cleansed

    Lery's: Average of 3.27 totems cleansed

    Mother's Dwelling: Average of 3.33 totems cleansed

    Temple of Purgation: Average of 2.83 totems cleansed

    Badham (all of them): Average of 2.85 totems cleansed

    The Game: Average of 2.41 totems cleansed

    Family Residence: Average of 3.5 totems cleansed

    Sanctum of Wrath: Average of 2.33 totems cleansed

    Mount Ormond Resort: Average of 2.66 totems cleansed

    Dead Dawg Saloon: Average of 1.66 totems cleansed

    Midwich: Average of 2.54 totems cleansed

    RPD: Average of 2.69 (nice) totems cleansed

    Eeyrie of Crows: Average of 2.75 totems cleansed

    Wow, thank you very much. No surprise to see the Coldwinds up there.

  • @Labrac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2734456#Comment_2734456

    Wow, thank you very much. No surprise to see the Coldwinds up there.

    I hate Dead Dawg so much.

  • Killers usually got between 2 and 5 hooks by the time the gates are powered.

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2734196#Comment_2734196

    People in solo q feeling confident that only "the other guy" will get fish slapped by a juicy noed and dip before the killer comes to their gate.

    Most of the time I wait for the first hit after the gates are powered, before I try to approach the gate.

    Funnily enough, NOED often spawns close to one of the gates. But that might be just luck.

  • Hmm, I would expect it to be lower, but it's probably just because I play only SWF and we just never cleanse. Only searching during the game and cleansing hexes.

    I am not sure how I would play it during soloQ, probably same...

    1.43 kill rate in solo, isn't supposed to be soloQ bad? It has almost lowest kill rate :D and they want to buff it...

    and where the hell did you find so many bubbas...

  • @Dino7281 said:

    Hmm, I would expect it to be lower, but it's probably just because I play only SWF and we just never cleanse. Only searching during the game and cleansing hexes.

    I am not sure how I would play it during soloQ, probably same...

    1.43 kill rate in solo, isn't supposed to be soloQ bad? It has almost lowest kill rate :D and they want to buff it...

    and where the hell did you find so many bubbas...

    It is not me finding them.

    They find me. I do not want them.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2734887#Comment_2734887

    It is not me finding them.

    They find me. I do not want them.

    Don't resist Bubbas! They want you to visit them in basement.

    Cmon, just touch that chest a little, it's not going to hurt... too much

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2734888#Comment_2734888

    Don't resist Bubbas! They want you to visit them in basement.

    Cmon, just touch that chest a little, it's not going to hurt... too much

    Almost every Bubba facecamped their first down.

    I think I only remember one actually running a basement build. The others just planted themselves in front of hook.

  • You opened a long data filled post and I came online just to read it and make a comment.


    First and formost: Thank you for sharing your data. I know it took some work to get this done and reported and it also took time to post it here to share it. You also present it in a nice manner, no conclusions drawn too fast and everything in paragraphs so that nobody gets eye-cancer. Thank you very much.


    No onto my comment to this whole thing.

    At first I want to apologize for my fellow Bubbas. Seems like they are unable to grasp the magnificience of his ability to have fun while looping, chasing or chainsawing through survivors and embrace the dull feeling of staring at something. Cannibal can be pretty funny to play as and against when he plays and stops doing this...

    I will atone for their sins by running Speed Limiter today.


    It is also quit interesting that you never saw Plague or Oni during your matches. Both are pretty strong Killers, Oni with his snowballing potentcial to win on a single mistake and Plague especialy as she can negate the whole healing rush that is going on. I also wonder why so little Hag was played because she is pretty good too in my opinion.

    I do not think it is strange that boons got snuffed so eagerly. Killers feel that pressure and as soon as they smell one they will snuff it. You ruin quit some work after all.

    I am quit surpiced with the ammount of totems cleansed per map thou. I had imagined that Dead Dawg would take the cake but going by your data Suffocation pit is the map with the worst spawns in the game and Fathers Campbell's is a second to that. I would have imagined that Dead Dawg would take the cake here but with 1,66 it is at least close to Feahter Campbells...

    Funny enough, RPD seems fine, as does Eeyrie, while Tompson House seems to have very weak spawns...never thought that it would be the worst totem map to be honest.


    Now onto the bones. You report 3,05 bones for soloQ, 2,6 for duo and a whopping 3,5 for trio.

    I think this illustrates that "do bones" is something most survivors do at some point. It also shows that for soloQ players around 2 totems remain in the trial which leaves room for "Hex: No one escapes Death" on the Killer side. This is not fine as I imagine that only the very good spawns remained for those ~2 totems making it pretty much impossible to escape the NoeD without any help (be it perks or a tweak to NoeD).

    However it also shows that there should be room for some "Inner Healing" on the survivor side. If there are totems remaining you could very much just take that perk and get a good healing off while doing a bone.

‹ 1 2