DO NOT REMOVE THE UNLOCKABLE MASKS

You better not remove Leatherface's masks! You're going too far with this. This is not the way to go. You already pull a bunch of bullshit but now taking away cool and unique content? Just stop this before you do it. DO NOT REMOVE THEM! You're just giving those people what they want. Plus, how many people are actually being a piece of ######### over the faces? Not enough to warrant this! I bet the people who even reported these probably don't like this idea! They'd probably want you to actually ban these people for being big numbskulls. Not remove content because they reported something.


Had to quickly edit one last thing here. Look at it like this. You're punishing the people who are being harassed and that report these things and not giving out the proper punishment to the people that harass them.

Comments

  • @BubMickey07 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303177/do-not-remove-the-unlockable-masks

    They're some dumbass masks that are hard to get and change no gameplay

    I wouldn't care if it wasn't for one of horrors most iconic characters that I really care about. I'd say the same about any licensed character.

  • @adam1233467 said:

    i don't understand why they are going to take off all the masks instead of just the problematic one, they could make more bubba masks too

    Non of them are problematic. The only thing they have to do is simply ban this numb skulls that are being reported. That's the right thing to do. Never remove content.

  • @blue4zion said:

    Theres no stopping it, ofc.

    I don't agree, because its more often people are targeted for playing black characters or for using the lgbt flag. It was a few kids who've ruined a very unique trait for a killer and you know theyre happy.

    I still don't get it, unless they now remove everything else people are targeted for. We see how this is going to fix nothing right???

    Those same people are going to switch targets, so will we see just all the characters removed and turned into grey blocks? "

    imma stop, because this whole situation has my mind up in flames.

    I'm wondering how long its going to take before someone says killer players attacking female survivor characters in the game is misogynistic. This whole thing is ridiculous. These are freaking fictional characters. The cannibal is a fictional character who kills and wears the face of his victims. Isn't his default mask the face of a person too? If it is can the same argument be made that its also offensive? I don't understand why people try to make fictional things out to be problematic like this. Can fiction be fiction without someone being offended by it anymore?

  • @NoelleMina said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732052#Comment_2732052

    With all due respect, please don’t try to make Wraith being black a problem. Someone already tried this before, Wraith is black, Bubba isn’t.

    Anyways, maybe it doesn’t change for you, but this is important to people who are affected by this. No one wants to boot up their game and get griefed by Smartface Bubba just because they’re black.

    I know people will do what they want, regardless of what’s done. I’ll always agree that there should be a better report system, so a removal like this doesn’t happen again. But we all know BHVR.

    I'm not trying to. I don't know where you got that.

  • @blue4zion said:

    Theres no stopping it, ofc.

    I don't agree, because its more often people are targeted for playing black characters or for using the lgbt flag. It was a few kids who've ruined a very unique trait for a killer and you know theyre happy.

    I still don't get it, unless they now remove everything else people are targeted for. We see how this is going to fix nothing right???

    Those same people are going to switch targets, so will we see just all the characters removed and turned into grey blocks? "

    imma stop, because this whole situation has my mind up in flames.

    Yeah, no stopping it because the DBD community just does not know how to push back correctly. They just eat all the bullshit up sadly. This is the attitude that just needs to stop if people don't like the decision.

  • @NoelleMina said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732052#Comment_2732052

    With all due respect, please don’t try to make Wraith being black a problem. Someone already tried this before, Wraith is black, Bubba isn’t.

    Anyways, maybe it doesn’t change for you, but this is important to people who are affected by this. No one wants to boot up their game and get griefed by Smartface Bubba just because they’re black.

    I know people will do what they want, regardless of what’s done. I’ll always agree that there should be a better report system, so a removal like this doesn’t happen again. But we all know BHVR.

    Bubba is also a fictional character like wraith is. Bubba wearing the face of his victims is a characteristic of his character. So what exactly are you trying to say when you say wraith is black and bubba isn't because I'm a bit confused here.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2736187#Comment_2736187

    I yet have to see racist comments, more than the "you were a Claudette LMAO" but something like "You ######### #########"... otherwise it's not enough to prove evidence of racism.

    I don't have end game chat on console, but friends do, and when someone tries to get around it by saying "tapp/Adam/Claudette player" it's pretty easy to bait them from that into further speech that indicates the tunneling was due to skin color. Whether or not it's immediately bannable compared to hardcore racist speech words, who knows. But at least it's likely the reports will build up until they get nuked from the game.

  • @HeyItsQuiet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2736626#Comment_2736626

    I don't have end game chat on console, but friends do, and when someone tries to get around it by saying "tapp/Adam/Claudette player" it's pretty easy to bait them from that into further speech that indicates the tunneling was due to skin color. Whether or not it's immediately bannable compared to hardcore racist speech words, who knows. But at least it's likely the reports will build up until they get nuked from the game.

    I mean, we all know that darker colors are easier to get lost due to the poor visuals of the game... we all know it so if we go strictly in the definition of racism as discrimination or picking someone... well, then yes indeed. But there's a difference between "I am doing it because I think people of color shouldn't exist" or by hate if you must call it like that... or "hey bro, it's unfair that you're using a character with a darker skin to get an unfair advantage because the game doesn't favor some maps with their brightness"

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730516#Comment_2730516

    It's probably not. BHVR is probably making the decision. The people who own the license probably don't care.

    One issue though is you'd also have to contact the license holders for licensed survivors. Like I personally do want more Leatherface masks, ideally one for every survivor in the game, but you'd have to contact the Halloween IP owners to get Laurie Strode's face as a leatherface mask, etc.

  • How often did people encounter these racist Bubbas? Just curious, I never have. What do they do? Have a racist name and say censored slurs in the endgame?

    Most likely just a low effort PR move, because most people don't play Bubba and most Bubbas don't care about the masks.

  • @Clueless said:

    How often did people encounter these racist Bubbas? Just curious, I never have. What do they do? Have a racist name and say censored slurs in the endgame?

    Most likely just a low effort PR move, because most people don't play Bubba and most Bubbas don't care about the masks.

    not often really unless i think ur in red rank....they only target and tunnel and camp either the survivors who are black, OR streamers who are black irl, they also smack and chainsaw them on the hook as well. and THEN they say racist crap to them in post game chat

  • I think they shouldn't be removing anything, after a while they'll even want to remove specific characters because killers can't kill them, if it's to take it out of public matches, but keep it in private matches where the guys play only between friends

1 2 3 ›