take off Bubba's mask against hate ok but also take off the t-bag

the t-bag is an act of toxic person, when there is a bad MMR and in addition you make yourself t-bag I find that it is also hateful

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • Oh right, you mean where it wasn't proven, based on records it was just BS, he got suspended without any proof and best is that saying to him that "he is monkey" got punished more than actually grouping,beating someone and sending him to hospital.

    I am 100% sure that is not Czech racism issue, we wouldn't care.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730023#Comment_2730023

    One thing is someone crouching up and down, the other is equipping a blackface mask and spewing racist hate in and out of game, not similar in the slightest.

    I think you mean one is targeting killers and the other is targeting survivors... even less of an issue when it's so specific that you have to say only targeting certain survivors of color. If you put both of them on a scale, the amount of toxicity that survivors have towards killers is insurmountably greater than the chance that your next killer is a bigoted racist.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    The devs would never remove the survivors favorite tool lmao

    Why the ######### are you making this a killer vs survivor thing? Maybe you should be blaming racist players for getting the mask taken away, rather than the survivors who have had nothing to do with it.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2729948#Comment_2729948

    Why the ######### are you making this a killer vs survivor thing? Maybe you should be blaming racist players for getting the mask taken away, rather than the survivors who have had nothing to do with it.

    Thing is, Have anyone even used it actually this way?

    Or someone got offended just because they got face-camped by a killer with free skin?

  • @Mandy said:

    I really do not think you can compare racism with teabagging - that's quite baffling.

    Grow up. Using an in game cosmetic is not racist.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730387#Comment_2730387

    Thing is, Have anyone even used it actually this way?

    Or someone got offended just because they got face-camped by a killer with free skin?

    Of course they have, if these accusations didn't have any evidence to back them up, they wouldn't have removed the masks.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730317#Comment_2730317

    Except in both cases people had to suffer and were stuck in a game in which they were. But in one case we are talking about racism, and people like to show off their double standards. If it's suffering due to racism, it's bad, if it's as much suffering but another form of harassment, it's acceptable.

    There are people getting epileptic seizures due to flashlight spammers, but they don't care, right? They should just stop playing because of a mechanic as easily removable as the masks.

    Never heard of this happening, but okay. Flashlights are an integral part of gameplay at the current time, and I'm sure if the game is an issue, the persons affected have every right to complain themselves, or heed warnings and seek medical attention or not play.

    Generators have flashing lights above them and flashing sparks come from them while being repaired. Doctor has flashing in his power. Why is this not being mentioned? Oh. Right, because fellow killers are only mad at flashlights.

    Even so, we are talking about ACTUAL HATE BEHAVIOR, and to compare that to features that may cause adverse MEDICAL reactions is still asinine. These are different issues that need to be addressed differently.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730047#Comment_2730047

    I think you mean one is targeting killers and the other is targeting survivors... even less of an issue when it's so specific that you have to say only targeting certain survivors of color. If you put both of them on a scale, the amount of toxicity that survivors have towards killers is insurmountably greater than the chance that your next killer is a bigoted racist.

    Literally turned a topic of racism in a gaming community into a Us vs Them comment lmao stop huffing so much copium

  • @HeyItsQuiet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730340#Comment_2730340

    Never heard of this happening, but okay. Flashlights are an integral part of gameplay at the current time, and I'm sure if the game is an issue, the persons affected have every right to complain themselves, or heed warnings and seek medical attention or not play.

    Generators have flashing lights above them and flashing sparks come from them while being repaired. Doctor has flashing in his power. Why is this not being mentioned? Oh. Right, because fellow killers are only mad at flashlights.

    Even so, we are talking about ACTUAL HATE BEHAVIOR, and to compare that to features that may cause adverse MEDICAL reactions is still asinine. These are different issues that need to be addressed differently.

    And cyber bullying isn't hate behaviour?

    Placing a lock on flashlights like "1.5 second interval between flashlight uses" is just enough. I can't see situations in which this would be detrimental to actual gameplay.

    And as I said it would happen, you just said those people shouldn't play. Why didn't you say that to PoCs getting bullied by racists? In both cases it is an absolutely embarassing argument, considering simple fixes can come from the developers' side.

    But anyway, if we are on the subject of epilepsy, there are people for whom situations like bullying can cause seizures. My best friend has such a condition, she is very sensible to harassment, for she immediately has seizures in such cases.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730386#Comment_2730386

    Literally turned a topic of racism in a gaming community into a Us vs Them comment lmao stop huffing so much copium

    You literally said its "just a bunch of crouching"

    ...

    I dont think I need to say anything more than that. Hypocrisy is not your ally here

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730427#Comment_2730427

    You literally said its "just a bunch of crouching"

    ...

    I dont think I need to say anything more than that. Hypocrisy is not your ally here

    It literally is though, you can't determine if crouching in a game is toxic, you can definitely determine when someone is acting racist and saying racist remarks lmao

  • @Mandy said:

    I really do not think you can compare racism with teabagging - that's quite baffling.

    Yet you announced the removal as a result of harassement and targetting. Dont be hypocrit and remove all forms of harassement. Its subjective, dont you know??

  • What if you're a PoC killer streamer that's getting targeted with teabags and macro flashlight clicks???

  • I'm not one who normally insults, but with the amount of absolute craziness about Bubba, has the SCP Foundation dropped a memetic IQ bomb in the algorhythm, rendering some people completely idiotic?

    And now teabags are being compared to racism.... I've heard it all now. And I'll regret saying that, because guaranteed someone is gonna better this trash.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730409#Comment_2730409

    And cyber bullying isn't hate behaviour?

    Placing a lock on flashlights like "1.5 second interval between flashlight uses" is just enough. I can't see situations in which this would be detrimental to actual gameplay.

    And as I said it would happen, you just said those people shouldn't play. Why didn't you say that to PoCs getting bullied by racists? In both cases it is an absolutely embarassing argument, considering simple fixes can come from the developers' side.

    But anyway, if we are on the subject of epilepsy, there are people for whom situations like bullying can cause seizures. My best friend has such a condition, she is very sensible to harassment, for she immediately has seizures in such cases.

    In the words of Stanley Hudson from The Office: "That's not what a hate crime is."

    Teabagging is not harassment. Clicking flashlights is not harassment. It's annoying behavior, and bad manners, but it's not harassment, and it's not "cyberbullying".

    To continue to compare these actions to racist in-game behavior just signifies you think your discomfort in game at someone taunting you is just as bad as ACTUAL RACIALLY MOTIVATED HATE BEHAVIOR.

    Disgusting.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730609#Comment_2730609

    It literally is though, you can't determine if crouching in a game is toxic, you can definitely determine when someone is acting racist and saying racist remarks lmao

    You're right you cant know for sure. Almost like until someone speaks up and says something you just never know what their intentions are... and yet here we are talking about very specific scenarios of racism.

    When survivor toxicity is still a much bigger problem.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730636#Comment_2730636

    You're right you cant know for sure. Almost like until someone speaks up and says something you just never know what their intentions are... and yet here we are talking about very specific scenarios of racism.

    When survivor toxicity is still a much bigger problem.

    Except killer can also be toxic, stop with the Us vs Them mindset, it isn't even an argument discussion lmao you are just hating survivor players because something used in a racist way is gone lmaoo mad cope

  • I despise tbagging but I'm completely fine with removing Claudette's face. Racist slurs are much worse than just being told to go f.. yourself. This does raise two questions for me though:

    (1) Why not remove just Claudette's face and add in a cosmetic with Ace's cap or Jeff's beard or something similar? Claudette's face was the most distinct so it was the most widely used by people who didn't have racist intentions. So stuff the racists, get rid of Claudette's face, but provide something that is obvious such as Ace's cap instead.

    (2) Why not also beef up moderation in-game and provide a moderation system that works to prevent toxic behaviour? Nothing is stopping both from being done at the same time. The quick fix is removing Claudette's face but what is being done to stop toxic people from being toxic? A beefed up reporting and moderation system would help.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730676#Comment_2730676

    Except killer can also be toxic, stop with the Us vs Them mindset, it isn't even an argument discussion lmao you are just hating survivor players because something used in a racist way is gone lmaoo mad cope

    No... I dont even care about the removal of the masks. I don't even have Bubba but I wish I did because I want to get BBQ&C.

    I care about problems with the game. Like toxicity, which is still a bigger problem than a mask that could possibly be racist depending on how certain people portray themselves.

    A growing problem with the game that Behavior even supports... they've made comments saying dont report people for toxic comments. That is a fundamental issue. Racism is just not in the same scale or even close.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730687#Comment_2730687

    No... I dont even care about the removal of the masks. I don't even have Bubba but I wish I did because I want to get BBQ&C.

    I care about problems with the game. Like toxicity, which is still a bigger problem than a mask that could possibly be racist depending on how certain people portray themselves.

    A growing problem with the game that Behavior even supports... they've made comments saying dont report people for toxic comments. That is a fundamental issue. Racism is just not in the same scale or even close.

    show me where they said not to report people for toxic comments, even just today the mods have said they have banned people in the past for hateful speech. You can care about toxicity and want it to be over, sweet and most feel the same, but when something that was used for it is now gone, the play isn't to say "well survivors can still crouch" Ok? both sides have bm they can do, it isn't the same as something used for racism

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730758#Comment_2730758

    show me where they said not to report people for toxic comments, even just today the mods have said they have banned people in the past for hateful speech. You can care about toxicity and want it to be over, sweet and most feel the same, but when something that was used for it is now gone, the play isn't to say "well survivors can still crouch" Ok? both sides have bm they can do, it isn't the same as something used for racism

    @Mandy said:

    First of all nobody would be banned for Camping - that's not something that's even reportable, let alone something to ban for.

    Chat insults - yes these are bannable but of course it depends on the level of insults, slurs, racism, homophobic comments etc will result in a temp ban, death threats can be permanently bannable. But we do allow a certain amount of "smack talk" - someone saying "you're ######### useless" in the game for example is not going to result in a ban.

    And as for the other part of the question - please refer to the forum rules here, we do not discuss bans on the forum, so we would not appreciate people saying what they were banned for etc.

    I think this is it here. Toxicity comes in all forms, not just hate speech against certain groups of people. Yet we are openly allowing everyone to trash talk each other like it's going to help resolve such a tremendous problem with this game.

    But do take notice that even they said they already ban players for racist comments. Meaning if those players were being reported for racism they should already be banned. Not sure why this should include removing in-game content or why it's even merited, when there are other more pressing concerns with the game.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730798#Comment_2730798

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2675231#Comment_2675231

    I think this is it here. Toxicity comes in all forms, not just hate speech against certain groups of people. Yet we are openly allowing everyone to trash talk each other like it's going to help resolve such a tremendous problem with this game.

    But do take notice that even they said they already ban players for racist comments. Meaning if those players were being reported for racism they should already be banned. Not sure why this should include removing in-game content or why it's even merited, when there are other more pressing concerns with the game.

    in order to ban someone for a racist comment one must first receive the racist comment. in order to ban someone for racially-targeted abuse of any kind, including harassment using the cosmetic, one must receive lots of the same racially-targeted abuse towards themselves from that person. therefore, by removing one of the tools used for the ratially-targeted harassment it causes less people to receive as much racially-targeted harassment, which is a plus.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730925#Comment_2730925

    in order to ban someone for a racist comment one must first receive the racist comment. in order to ban someone for racially-targeted abuse of any kind, including harassment using the cosmetic, one must receive lots of the same racially-targeted abuse towards themselves from that person. therefore, by removing one of the tools used for the ratially-targeted harassment it causes less people to receive as much racially-targeted harassment, which is a plus.

    If they were being racist and being reported then they should have already been banned. And if they make new accounts then those accounts will be reported and banned as well.

    You're right, removing the problem item is one solution. That's a pretty easy choice to make and an easy mistake to make too. What else can be considered racist now? Sexist? Homophobic? Transphobic?

    Do we continue this cycle of removing content from the game? Do we remove people of color from the game so that they aren't targeted for playing people of color?

    Where do the easy choices stop?

  • instead of removing Leatherface's Mask why not just make a STREAMER MODE!!!

    WOW FIXED!!!

    No wait it doesnt make BHVR money so its better to remove something.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730933#Comment_2730933

    If they were being racist and being reported then they should have already been banned. And if they make new accounts then those accounts will be reported and banned as well.

    You're right, removing the problem item is one solution. That's a pretty easy choice to make and an easy mistake to make too. What else can be considered racist now? Sexist? Homophobic? Transphobic?

    Do we continue this cycle of removing content from the game? Do we remove people of color from the game so that they aren't targeted for playing people of color?

    Where do the easy choices stop?

    No slippery slope fallacies, please. :P

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730933#Comment_2730933

    If they were being racist and being reported then they should have already been banned. And if they make new accounts then those accounts will be reported and banned as well.

    You're right, removing the problem item is one solution. That's a pretty easy choice to make and an easy mistake to make too. What else can be considered racist now? Sexist? Homophobic? Transphobic?

    Do we continue this cycle of removing content from the game? Do we remove people of color from the game so that they aren't targeted for playing people of color?

    Where do the easy choices stop?

    considering the time it took- this was first raised in 2018, btw- between bhvr saying they were looking into removing it (Sistas of the Fog Podcast with not_Queen is where this was mentioned) and now, then I can hardly say it was an easy decision to make, and since a lot of the content in the game can't be used in the same way i doubt we'll see much more removals (since the only other content we've lost from DBD- being the Stranger Things chapter- was almost certainly due to licensing issues).

  • It's already a slippery slope, or we wouldn't be here... talking about a literal in game mask that ties in with killer lore being used and abused by certain people, targeting certain players, and likely being openly racist while doing so.

    Tell me what slippery slope have I gone down that we havent already seen

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730951#Comment_2730951

    It's already a slippery slope, or we wouldn't be here... talking about a literal in game mask that ties in with killer lore being used and abused by certain people, targeting certain players, and likely being openly racist while doing so.

    Tell me what slippery slope have I gone down that we havent already seen

    The one you just described.

  • The one I described that is an exact scenario as the one we are currently discussing...? The one that actually happened?

    Let me ask you something... do you think removing a mask will prevent racism?

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730968#Comment_2730968

    The one I described that is an exact scenario as the one we are currently discussing...? The one that actually happened?

    Let me ask you something... do you think removing a mask will prevent racism?

    We are removing people of color from this game? That actually happened?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730978#Comment_2730978

    We are removing people of color from this game? That actually happened?

    We removed in game content in favor of curbing racism?

    Did we just forget that or

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730984#Comment_2730984

    We removed in game content in favor of curbing racism?

    Did we just forget that or

    You said that the scenario you described actually happened. Are we removing people of color from this game now?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730988#Comment_2730988

    You said that the scenario you described actually happened. Are we removing people of color from this game now?

    Yes the one we are currently talking about... the removal of in game content in favor of exonerating racism from the game. I can only assume we've done that or we wouldn't be talking about it.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730993#Comment_2730993

    Yes the one we are currently talking about... the removal of in game content in favor of exonerating racism from the game. I can only assume we've done that or we wouldn't be talking about it.

    You were talking about the removal of people of color from the game. That is what I am intentionally zeroing in on. Did that or did that not happen?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730999#Comment_2730999

    You were talking about the removal of people of color from the game. That is what I am intentionally zeroing in on. Did that or did that not happen?

    You're not going to win a war of words my friend... better go somewhere else for that

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2731006#Comment_2731006

    You're not going to win a war of words my friend... better go somewhere else for that

    You did not answer my question. :P

  • I did but you seem to be avoiding my answer.

  • Quote the answer to the question I posted.

  • We just had this conversation so I'm going to have good faith in you to remember what I've said so far

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2731015#Comment_2731015

    We just had this conversation so I'm going to have good faith in you to remember what I've said so far

    I don't know which post is meant to be the answer because from my point of view, none of them directly answer my question. Hence why I am asking you to quote it.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2731020#Comment_2731020

    I don't know which post is meant to be the answer because from my point of view, none of them directly answer my question. Hence why I am asking you to quote it.

    That's when I told you that you weren't going to win a war of words...

    Does that ring a bell?

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2731025#Comment_2731025

    That's when I told you that you weren't going to win a war of words...

    Does that ring a bell?

    Yes, which does not answer my question. So which one does?

  • @Marigoria said:

    I dont agree with them removing the masks, but teabagging is not the same as masks if we go by the "hateful" logic,

    both of those things are hurtful so...

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2731042#Comment_2731042

    Yes, which does not answer my question. So which one does?

    It did answer your question... it may not be the answer you want, but it is an answer to your question

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2731045#Comment_2731045

    It did answer your question... it may not be the answer you want, but it is an answer to your question

    It does not actually answer my question. It is a quote to my post, but it is not an answer to my question. An answer to my question is either "Yes" or "No."

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2731106#Comment_2731106

    It does not actually answer my question. It is a quote to my post, but it is not an answer to my question. An answer to my question is either "Yes" or "No."

    You simply cannot dictate the answers. You gave a question, and I answered it to the best of my ability. You simply will not win on semantics alone

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2731108#Comment_2731108

    You simply cannot dictate the answers. You gave a question, and I answered it to the best of my ability. You simply will not win on semantics alone

    I don't have to dictate any answers. A factual yes/no question by default can only be answered with yes or no, assuming that the answer is indeed known.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2731115#Comment_2731115

    I don't have to dictate any answers. A factual yes/no question by default can only be answered with yes or no, assuming that the answer is indeed known.

    You dictated to me what answers you were expecting.

  • Yes, I am expecting the only answers that fundamentally answer the question. You are not obligated to provide that answer if you do not wish to, of course. But that doesn't mean that any other response you give actually answers the question.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2731123#Comment_2731123

    Yes, I am expecting the only answers that fundamentally answer the question. You are not obligated to provide that answer if you do not wish to, of course. But that doesn't mean that any other response you give actually answers the question.

    Theres no single answer for any question... your expectations do not have to be met by anyone

1 2 3 4