Idea for distortion gain more token(Jeff)

Hello guys, it's me again:

I thought of an idea about Jeff's distortion, it's simple, but there were some changes I'd like to see done to it:

-Change: all levels Distortion effect will last 10 seconds

-Add/Buff: you get a token whenever you are saved from the hook, you can accumulate up to 3/4/5 tokens


I thought about the idea of ​​earning tokens when being saved from the hook safely, however, I wonder if the developers already had this idea and didn't say why they wanted the perk to work like that, it would be interesting if when there was a surv around it also had the undetectable aura, but they're just ideas, well that was it

Comments

  • Isn't Distortion just like

    obsolete now that Shadowstep exists? Most aura reading is either predictable enough to avoid or so frequent you'd burn through tokens like I burn through fries.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Isn't Distortion just like

    obsolete now that Shadowstep exists? Most aura reading is either predictable enough to avoid or so frequent you'd burn through tokens like I burn through fries.

    I thought you were going to say that, you are too predictable

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Isn't Distortion just like

    obsolete now that Shadowstep exists? Most aura reading is either predictable enough to avoid or so frequent you'd burn through tokens like I burn through fries.

    Believe it or not, but nah.

    SS doesnt reveal any info to survivors; Distortion/Object let's you reveal info to other survivors.

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720860#Comment_2720860

    I thought you were going to say that, you are too predictable

    Oh yeah?

    What number am I thinking of?

  • That would be too easy to get tokens back and being able to hide from aura perks is very strong.

    If you want tokens back you should need to interact with the killer. For example being in a chase with a killer for x amount of time to get tokens back.

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    Hello guys, it's me again:

    I thought of an idea about Jeff's distortion, it's simple, but there were some changes I'd like to see done to it:

    -Change: all levels Distortion effect will last 10 seconds

    -Add/Buff: you get a token whenever you are saved from the hook, you can accumulate up to 3/4/5 tokens

    I thought about the idea of ​​earning tokens when being saved from the hook safely, however, I wonder if the developers already had this idea and didn't say why they wanted the perk to work like that, it would be interesting if when there was a surv around it also had the undetectable aura, but they're just ideas, well that was it

    I think hide in a locker for 5 seconds for 1 token. It slows down gen progress which helps Killers and adds tokens which helps survivors. Especially since Shadow Step is so much more superior and Distortion has always been to weak to justify using it compared to other perks. There's just no reason right now to take it over DS, BT, UB, IW, Exhaustion perks., CoH, SS, Adrenaline, even Self-Care + Botany Knowledge, WGLF, We'll Make It, Leadership, etc etc.

    It's just too weak and needs a buff to be more in line with other perks.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Isn't Distortion just like

    obsolete now that Shadowstep exists? Most aura reading is either predictable enough to avoid or so frequent you'd burn through tokens like I burn through fries.

    I think there are enough distinctions between the two to still justify running distortion.

    Shadowstep needs to be set up while Distortion works automatically when its condition is met.

    Shadowstep, you need to be in its effective range while Distortion activated anywhere.

    Shadowstep doesn't tell you when your aura would have been read, while Distortion does, giving you intel on what aura reading perks the killer has. Sure you can guess if the killer has BBQ, but Distortion can tell you outright. If a killer hooks someone and Distortion doesnt go off, you now know you don't need to waste time hiding in a locker when you could be working on a generator.

  • @Chordyceps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720860#Comment_2720860

    I think there are enough distinctions between the two to still justify running distortion.

    Shadowstep needs to be set up while Distortion works automatically when its condition is met.

    Shadowstep, you need to be in its effective range while Distortion activated anywhere.

    Shadowstep doesn't tell you when your aura would have been read, while Distortion does, giving you intel on what aura reading perks the killer has. Sure you can guess if the killer has BBQ, but Distortion can tell you outright. If a killer hooks someone and Distortion doesnt go off, you now know you don't need to waste time hiding in a locker when you could be working on a generator.

    Exactly, and there is that Nemesis perk of reading aura from the surv that only this perk would nullify, this part of giving information has helped me on several occasions, and I use it a lot.

    however the developers decided to give one more token and that already makes me satisfied, I'm glad they paid a little attention to this perk =)

  • Oops, I wrote wrong, I was answering a friend that day :P

     

    answering your question, even though Distortion has stealth functions i use it to gain aura reading info from the killer, plus i'm too lazy to bless totems, and they don't seem to work on me ,hehehe

  • Does distortion really need some way to recharge tokens? I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not meant to give you infinite aura-reading-dodging, or that's what they would have done when they updated it.

  • Id like it if you gained a token or two when you safely unhook a survivor

  • @AngyKiller said:

    Does distortion really need some way to recharge tokens? I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not meant to give you infinite aura-reading-dodging, or that's what they would have done when they updated it.

    It needs something so it doesnt burn itself on like undying imo.

    Increasing the timer instead of tokens maybe? It's hard to tell really.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    Id like it if you gained a token or two when you safely unhook a survivor

    Initially I was going to suggest unhooking the survivors safely, but I believed that we cannot always save survivors in the match, especially in matches with random survivors, this happens a lot to me when I try to win tokens for "We gonna live forever", someone unhooks the survivors before me, hehe , so if I get on the hook and I get saved it's a guaranteed token I can use to heal myself if the killer has nurses calling for example