This Game Needs Serious Adjustments in Order to Be Sustainable
As much as it pains me to admit, I'm finally done. Not with the game, just with Killer. It's gotten to be too stressful for the meager payout.
I'm afraid that I can't keep throwing myself at Killer anymore. I feel that I've reached my peak on the Killers I care about, but more importantly, the game has ceased to be fun. In all honesty, Killer hasn't been fun for a long time. There are serious balance and design issues that need to be addressed.
There is currently zero incentive to play Killer, besides better Bloodpoint gains. It's all stress and no reward. Even if you win, you don't really feel like you've won.
Everything about it is so frustrating. I hate having to micro-manage FOUR other players and try to keep them from steamrolling me. I don't want easy games, I want fun games. A fun game is a game where the stress of the gameplay is equal to the reward you get from winning. Think of it like a Dark Souls boss. You might hate the fight, die 30 times, but when you finally win it IS worth it. Killer isn't.
It's not even that the unfun stressful ######### is locked to Killer-only. I'm not one for tribalism.
I guess I'm just sad that I can't play my favorite game anymore. I've watched countless other people fall in and out of love with this game. I never thought it would be me next.
Ultimately, at the end of the day, I'm ranting and venting because I'm sad that this game isn't fun anymore and scared because I know this style of development isn't sustainable. You can't rely on a constant stream of new players. You can't constantly pander to new players but ignore promises you made to your community years ago.
I hope something changes. But I know it won't. I'll stick to Survivor, we'll see how long that lasts, maybe long enough that Killer can get some QoL to make it less stressful.
Comments
well how I deal with this after 6k hours is simple.
I take a LOOOONG break. I am playing since a month mostly 7 days to die and black ops 4. I play swf sometimes with some friends if they ask me and thats it. Yesterday I actually played a few games Nemi chan but now I am not touching Killer again anymore for a while cuz its the same as you mentioned.
Its way too stressfull with very little reward. The steamroll is also my biggest issue, it feels like you have to carry a huge metal bar and if you slip off 1 time it will fall and its gone. I hate that aswell and its very tiresome, thats why the best thing you can do is just to take your time and do something else with it. I know its sad but it is what it is, I mean we start to reach a point where the majority doesnt play Killer anymore, since the que times are getting worse for survivors. Thats why join us (quitters) and dont play, the que times will get worse, eventually this will force BHVR to finally start do something.
I don't think Killer is going to receive any QOL improvements soon, maybe once Ringu comes to live but not anytime sooner
Can't say I blame you. Killer is just way too stressful to play these days, especially with the gen rush and Boon meta. That's why I'm mainly sticking to playing survivor now.
But nobody's really quitting and we don't have killer streamers switching to Survivor, right? There's nothing actually wrong is there? :T
(this is sarcasm, btw)
If you’ve reached your peak then maybe a break is in order.
I am not gonna disagree that to an extent there is some stress involved playing killer, but to say it’s always stress and no reward? I can’t say I share that same experience.
There are certainly elements that this game has that are outright not enjoyable. Most of the time I find that in solo queue. Because I have 0 control over my other teammates. Which is why I still love playing killer over solo queue survivor.
I know all of us have different experiences and that’s why I understand the frustration to an extent.
I'd rather play Solo Q over the absolute nightmare that is Killer. I have to micro-manage 4 other people. I have to remember where they put their boons. I have to make sure those totems don't stay up. I have to manage gens. I have to make sure my chases last under 20 seconds. It's just too much.
At least in Solo Q, I know it isn't my fault (usually I'm still ######### at Survivor).
As Killer, everything I do is wrong unless I steamroll, in which case it wasn't much of a fight.
I don't really want to comment on the larger state of the game.
Just for me, as someone who has played for a long time now, I'm done with Killer.
It's too much.
I'm done with killer too. Well not really but I'm at that point where I can in confidence say I'm a Survivor main. I have been playing a lot more Survivor recently and only time I'll touch killer is maybe when I to brush up on my Blight or there's a build I want to try out then I realize I have to play dozens of games because blood web is garbo then I go back to survivor.
Playing killer can be stressful at times, I've got to admit.
Hopefully things will get better for you on the Survivor side. Good luck 👍
Ah, wasn't implying anything about the larger state of the game. Just getting it in before the inevitable "you're lying and will be back in a few weeks" accusations these sorts of things attract.
tru3 went on some “no killer streams” rampage. lol
Maybe i will.
I have no intention or interest in returning to Killer, but I could, if certain things change
Thank you <3
Yer leavin' me on the killer Duty now?!
#########' A Pulsar, now i gotta work Twice as hard for my kills... son ofa bish..
Nah all Bhvr needs to do to sustain the game is keep shitting out cosmetics and everything will be fine or if worse comes to worse all they have to do is release the killers and survivors you hear all the screaming for on the DBD Twitter feed.
I also have.been playing less and less killer for a while.now, even before boons came out, for a variety of reasons, many of which you describe. Simply put it feels like there's not enough time to take care of business, and a mistake or two and you'll very likely get no kills at all. It's all rush rush rush all the time, and I'm not even a very good killer and I feel it too.
And to top it off we're both console killers, which brings additional challenges piled onto what we all share.
Been playing so much surv that my Amanda Panda won't even speak to me anymore. Incidentally, has your Xbox1x forgiven you for making it run DBD for so long yet?