I'm so sick of anti loop killers they make the game so unfun

I'm just so tired of it lol I just wanna disconnect every time I see a anti loop killer now

Comments

  • If you want regular looping, you can join my lobbies.I love regular looping with Legion and Judith's Tombstone Myers.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710470#Comment_2710470

    Yes, they were.

    And the loops were actually a bit stronger. It was perfectly possible to deal with them back then as it would be perfectly possible to deal with then now.

    I speak from experience.

    And your last point makes no sense at all. That was how the game was originally designed.

    That is how it should stay.

    No. Anti-Loop Killers should not be changed or removed just because some Survivors seem to insist their vaguely-defined 'fun' is more important than game balance.

    This has been the running excuse since DBD launched. '<Killer> is UNFUN! Nerf him!', as if 'I, personally, am not having fun' is a real argument for balance changes.

    Usually made by Survivors that either;

    1. Just lost to said Killer, and thus said Killer is 'OP' or 'Unfun'.
    2. Or only have fun if they win, and thus any loss, at any point, is an excuse to claim 'I'm not having fun, so cater to me & nerf <x> killer/power/perk'


  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710480#Comment_2710480

    No. Anti-Loop Killers should not be changed or removed just because some Survivors seem to insist their vaguely-defined 'fun' is more important than game balance.

    This has been the running excuse since DBD launched. '<Killer> is UNFUN! Nerf him!', as if 'I, personally, am not having fun' is a real argument for balance changes.

    Usually made by Survivors that either;

    1. Just lost to said Killer, and thus said Killer is 'OP' or 'Unfun'.
    2. Or only have fun if they win, and thus any loss, at any point, is an excuse to claim 'I'm not having fun, so cater to me & nerf <x> killer/power/perk'

    Never put words in my mouth, mate. Never.

    I didn't say they should be changed, or removed. I said the majority of the cast should be looped in the regular manner, as it was when I first started playing.

    That would mean stop creating killers like that from now on, as we have enough of them already.

    Do not do that again.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710487#Comment_2710487

    Never put words in my mouth, mate. Never.

    I didn't say they should be changed, or removed. I said the majority of the cast should be looped in the regular manner, as it was when I first started playing.

    That would mean stop creating killers like that from now on, as we have enough of them already.

    Do not do that again.

    Apologies if it seemed that way. I was going to reply to you, stopped to help bring in groceries, and then just replied to the thread in general without thinking that I quoted someone.

    I do agree we need more Killers of differing types, but that doe snot mean they should never make more anti-loop Killers.

    Until the maps stop being so loop-heavy, with vaults and pallets every 6 inches, anti-loopers are the strongest Killers.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710470#Comment_2710470

    Yes, they were.

    And the loops were actually a bit stronger. It was perfectly possible to deal with them back then as it would be perfectly possible to deal with then now.

    I speak from experience.

    And your last point makes no sense at all. That was how the game was originally designed.

    That is how it should stay.

    My last point is that the current set of killer powers, where the majority of killers have a moderately strong anti-loop is a fait accompli. It would take too much work to remove all anti-loop and then rebalance everyone while keeping all killers distinct and interesting.

    Plus, while I'm not a grizzled veteran by any means - I do watch some really old videos of Otz and co. and survivors were substantially less sophisticated in terms of how they looped.

    How far back are we going anyway? Nurse, Hag, Huntress and plenty of the older killers had quite strong anti-loop tools back then if I'm not mistaken.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710498#Comment_2710498

    Apologies if it seemed that way. I was going to reply to you, stopped to help bring in groceries, and then just replied to the thread in general without thinking that I quoted someone.

    I do agree we need more Killers of differing types, but that doe snot mean they should never make more anti-loop Killers.

    Until the maps stop being so loop-heavy, with vaults and pallets every 6 inches, anti-loopers are the strongest Killers.

    Apology accepted.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710480#Comment_2710480

    My last point is that the current set of killer powers, where the majority of killers have a moderately strong anti-loop is a fait accompli. It would take too much work to remove all anti-loop and then rebalance everyone while keeping all killers distinct and interesting.

    Plus, while I'm not a grizzled veteran by any means - I do watch some really old videos of Otz and co. and survivors were substantially less sophisticated in terms of how they looped.

    How far back are we going anyway? Nurse, Hag, Huntress and plenty of the older killers had quite strong anti-loop tools back then if I'm not mistaken.

    I said "majority", not all of them.

    Do not put words in my mouth. I despise when people do that.

    There is nothing wrong with having one or two killers with an anti-loop power, but there are enough of those already.

    The ones we have should stay the way they are, but future killers should not be designed around that concept.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709676#Comment_2709676

    The real one? She does shut down loops by throwing hatchets it’s pretty simple

    She doesnt the only shut down is by mindgaming throwing hatchets or going for m1 on a certain tile but the are far better ones.

  • Multiple loops around the same tile until distance gives out is boring. At least certain killers can force us to make decisions on how we handle resources and tiles.

  • that's what happens when you balance chase mechanics around killer powers rather than actually creating well-designed maps.

    anti-loop literally needs to exist because bhvr kept all their maps complete trash and unplayable for M1 killers/killers with weaker "anti-loop." but anti-loop makes more money because the killer is stronger and more appealing, so sorry, but they're pretty happy with their wads of cash. killers have never sold better.

    i personally don't care anymore, anti-loop isn't really unfun for me, but it just reflects awful design with this game.

  • People won't be happy until Killers have no powers and are completely mechanically identical like survivors are. M1 only so I can loop everyone the same way without ever adapting to different killers, that's the only true fun!

  • I would put him to list because he is also anti-loop killer. But most Bubbas i face don't know about this. Trying m2 first, failing and chasing with m1 and then face-camping. So sad story for pretty strong killer.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710458#Comment_2710458

    It worked back then.

    I played against killer that absolutely dominated teams and they had no chase powers.

    It would work now.

    Yea you need some awareness….people didn’t know how to exploit tiles as well back in early DBD. One of the reasons MMR is so hated is because if you are good, you will pretty much never get a weak link on the team. DBD doesn’t work when everyone knows how to play: killer will lose the vast majority of the time.

  • @CoolConnor96 said:

    Ha Ha Ha. I heard about this forum post post from Tru3ta1ents recent video.

    Don't worry guys just keep complaining about them like you always do and eventually they will nerf them all to the ground so you can run them for 5 gens and tbag and click at them in the end.

    The community is gonna be the death of this game its only a matter of time

    Link me to that bc I'd love to see his critique of my post 😂

  • @Dino7281 said:

    For some reason I don't feel bad for you at all.

    It's good that you DC that often, at least noone has to play with you... There is enough survivors, so I see 0 loss here.

    I don't really DC I kill myself on hook it would be dumb to dc when there are penaltys

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    I'm just so tired of it lol I just wanna disconnect every time I see a anti loop killer now

    Why don't you become a ghost face main (who has no anti loop) and see how much fun it is in general playing killer. Get to the point where every survivor has an item every game and you are playing against nothing but SWF teams.


    At that point I want to encourage you to have fun playing as ghost face getting utterly destroyed.


    Why am I picking on Ghost Face? With addons as a consideration he is the weakest killer in the game.

  • Well it seems like the changes I have purposed for Nemesis would help this lad. Now I just got get the topic bigger though...

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707695#Comment_2707695

    I don't really DC I kill myself on hook it would be dumb to dc when there are penaltys

    Damn, so lose lose. You are still useless and your teammates suffer. SoloQ is not really bad, because of the game or killers, it's just bad because of people like you.

  • Isn't crying about "anti-loop" like crying about survivors gen-rushing you?

    Both are just the players doing their objective with the Killers objective being that you have to down people and the survivors objective being to do those generators.

    Also most "anti-loop" Killers can still be looped and played to this date. Only Nurse is playing her own game and gets the down on you when she is descent. Even Artist can be looped however you have to approach her in a different way. But then again if you try the same trick against every Killer you should go down because who would try to escape an Oni the same way they play against a Wraith...

    We can talk about how those anti-loopers should have a different and more defined counterplay that is more challenging for both sides, sure. But overall it is a good thing that you can not loop all Killers the same way.


    Sad story indeed. I can not get my head around the fact that there are people who enjoy facecamping a person to death when you can pull off stunts and dashes with Bubba while shredding those pallets like a chad and still getting the down.

    Like seriously...his power is fun to use and while not being rocket science it is still a challenge to get better at running those loops as close to the wall as possible without bouncing off especially when you try fancy stuff like moon-chainsawing around or things like that.

1 2 ›