Have we actually had confirmation that they are going to deal with hackers/cheaters?

Just watching a youtube video of one of the more consistent hackers. and seeing them thoroughly enjoying themselves in the comments about how "fun" it is to cheat.

Kind of disgusting at this point, because I reported them a while back when I faced them as killer and it looks like they are still out on the loose. 🤮

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • If I'm not mistaken, they haven't even admitted it's a growing problem? I haven't been keeping super up to date with it.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Just watching a youtube video of the one of the more consistent hackers. and seeing them thoroughly enjoying themselves in the comments about how "fun" it is to cheat.

    Kind of disgusting at this point, because I reported them a while back when I faced them as killer and it looks like they are still out on the loose. 🤮

    Yeah. They said they are looking into it - but these days it's a bit of a losing battle.

    On one hand EAC is a joke. It's so easy to bypass that other games' modding communities include instructions on how with their mods.

    On the other hand, hacking is so sophisticated now and such a money machine that even games with expensive proprietary anti-cheats have problems with hacking, unless their game is almost entirely handled server-side. It's sad, but as things stand - if you've got a spare 80 bucks a month (sometimes much less) you can buy a full hacking suite for basically any game.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/299929/have-we-actually-had-confirmation-that-they-are-going-to-deal-with-hackers-cheaters

    Yeah. They said they are looking into it - but these days it's a bit of a losing battle.

    On one hand EAC is a joke. It's so easy to bypass that other games' modding communities include instructions on how with their mods.

    On the other hand, hacking is so sophisticated now and such a money machine that even games with expensive proprietary anti-cheats have problems with hacking, unless their game is almost entirely handled server-side. It's sad, but as things stand - if you've got a spare 80 bucks a month (sometimes much less) you can buy a full hacking suite for basically any game.

    Wow. People are actually spending money to hack? Yikes

    That is kind of sad tbh.

  • I don't recall BHVR even acknowledging cheaters as existing. Last I knew, the only thing they said they were looking into was the DDoS attacks.

  • Bhvr hasn't acknowledge it as an issue so it's hard to tell if they plan to do anything about it.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Just watching a youtube video of the one of the more consistent hackers. and seeing them thoroughly enjoying themselves in the comments about how "fun" it is to cheat.

    Kind of disgusting at this point, because I reported them a while back when I faced them as killer and it looks like they are still out on the loose. 🤮

    I understand him and dont blame at all.


    Look, this company does not listen to community in many aspects. Hell, you can even see streams being pre-recorded and restreamed - they are so afraid to read chat's comment.

    I do hope there are more of ppl like him so it will actually force them to fix it.

    Once people start complaing and ruin their steam "most positive" opinion will most propably help the game. as for now we can only play the game :-)

  • I want to spend a couple of words on this topic.

    The battle between hackers and anti-cheats is never ending, as much as people think we do not ban people, bans happen quite often, the anti-cheat gets updated constantly, but it's simple to understand that you can't block hacks that haven't been found yet.

    To put it simple: hackers create hack, EAC updates to block it, so hackers create new hack, then EAC updates to block this one too, and so on and so forth.

    It's a continuous fight.

  • They do deal with them of course it just takes time. I saw somewhere that it takes like a week or so to get someone banned.

  • How come hackers can find new ways of exploiting same stuff again and again? jumping killer, gens regress to 0% with one button click or insane speed/ attack speed? there should be already counter measures against such obvious hacks and server should already detect it as its nornally not possible to be achieved

  • Just add match replay and an option to report on top of that match. easy solution

  • @Rizzo said:

    I want to spend a couple of words on this topic.

    The battle between hackers and anti-cheats is never ending, as much as people think we do not ban people, bans happen quite often, the anti-cheat gets updated constantly, but it's simple to understand that you can't block hacks that haven't been found yet.

    To put it simple: hackers create hack, EAC updates to block it, so hackers create new hack, then EAC updates to block this one too, and so on and so forth.

    It's a continuous fight.

    Banning people quite often while you can buy account fully loaded for 2 dollars or giving the game for free on epic store aint much a help to it imo.

    And lets be real, same hacks has been going on for years now. Without a serious investment, it will never decrease the amount of cheaters

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2694695#Comment_2694695

    While that's true and it's a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why cheaters keep getting in (even if they're being banned or marked to be a part of a larger ban wave in record numbers behind the scenes), it doesn't explain why BHVR refuses to provide failsafes for the player in the event that the match they're in is held hostage by a cheater, and instead forces everything from going through the long external process of reporting the cheater to eating a DC penalty to being harassed by other players in the match (because they didn't see the cheater) onto the victim. BHVR has simply done nothing to provide its users with protections from these people, even though it has the power to do so, even if a few of those options have obvious downsides.

    I understand that BHVR likes to work on more long-term solutions for things in their game but this is something that needs a short term solution as well. Because I fear that once BHVR goes on holiday break that things are going to get really bad and the game is going to be practically unplayable.

    Trust me, I'd love for the game to have a replay system and a better in-game report process, it would save a lot of time for us too, but that's not something I can help you with, I'm just trying to explain how things work.

    @SkerpiTwitch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2694695#Comment_2694695

    Banning people quite often while you can buy account fully loaded for 2 dollars or giving the game for free on epic store aint much a help to it imo.

    And lets be real, same hacks has been going on for years now. Without a serious investment, it will never decrease the amount of cheaters

    What you see at "the same hack" might just be a new iteration of the same program, because that's pretty much how it works, new hacks don't really do nothing newer than old hacks, they just bypass the latest versions of the anti-cheat.

  • @Rizzo said:

    I want to spend a couple of words on this topic.

    The battle between hackers and anti-cheats is never ending, as much as people think we do not ban people, bans happen quite often, the anti-cheat gets updated constantly, but it's simple to understand that you can't block hacks that haven't been found yet.

    To put it simple: hackers create hack, EAC updates to block it, so hackers create new hack, then EAC updates to block this one too, and so on and so forth.

    It's a continuous fight.

    Thank you for taking the time to explain some things.

    I know it is a continuous fight and I honestly did not know that is how hackers worked.

    It saddens me that these people have to ruin the fun for many, and that even after reports were made they have the audacity to go in the comments only two days ago and gloat about how much “fun” they are having cheating.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2694695#Comment_2694695

    Thank you for taking the time to explain some things.

    I know it is a continuous fight and I honestly did not know that is how hackers worked.

    It saddens me that these people have to ruin the fun for many, and that even after reports were made they have the audacity to go in the comments only two days ago and gloat about how much “fun” they are having cheating.

    It's sad, it's the curse of multiplayer games, sadly, some people enjoy ruining other people's games, pretty much that.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2694741#Comment_2694741

    I didn't mean it as an interrogation of you personally. It's more of an open-ended question kind of deal. And even more than that, an expression of my own frustrations with the cheater problem.

    I just wish the DC penalty was disabled (or at least, more relaxed in some way, to reduce the impact on normal matches) or the game had a proper end condition outside of "all survivors have died/escaped" that can't be abused by cheaters to hold people hostage. At least, until the problem gets more permanent solutions.

    The systems we have in place essentially lock normal players in a room with rabid dogs, then asks them to record themselves being eaten alive and punishes them for doing so. It's the worst possible culmination of factors one could ask for.

    Oh, I understand the frustration, don't get me wrong, I'm a player too and I do encounter situations like this in Dbd and other games too, it's something that happens everywhere, so there's a grade of acceptance that you might end up encountering people like that.

    Hell, I remember playing DS2 back in the days and getting invaded by hackers who machinegun-spammed tons of corrosive urns on you to just destroy your entire equipment.

  • Epic handing out free copies plus paying BHVR for each copy someone claims is a joke. It's not even free, it's just on the house at Epic Store. BHVR still makes money for each copy given away. And this keeps increasing the hacker amount cause someone with multiple mail addresses can claim multiple copies of the game.

  • @Rizzo said:

    I want to spend a couple of words on this topic.

    The battle between hackers and anti-cheats is never ending, as much as people think we do not ban people, bans happen quite often, the anti-cheat gets updated constantly, but it's simple to understand that you can't block hacks that haven't been found yet.

    To put it simple: hackers create hack, EAC updates to block it, so hackers create new hack, then EAC updates to block this one too, and so on and so forth.

    It's a continuous fight.

    Maybe ur right but after the game has become free on epic for a certain days iv encounter soo many hackers.

  • Unless they have some sort of fool proof way to stop hackers for now/good they will never say that they have solution for anything.

  • Hackers are just extremely annoying. I hate how they can get away with so much with very little worries.

    Personally would like to see some sort of check system added to the game.

    1. The maximum height a player can reach on a certain map. Maybe separate area like main building to anywhere else. Do similar things to basement and underneath school.
    2. Maximum speed possible at any given time.
    3. Maximum possible speed a generator can be completed at any given time. Track survivor positions and use this to determine if the gen is being done solo or not.

    I assume you can't track which person is hacking in a match if they are also messing with other players. If any of the conditions above are broken then that person gets a background warning. After collecting a few of these, you'll get banned. If a hacker has broken one of the checks above then dc penalty is turned off for that game.

    Probably everything I mentioned has been said before and proven to be impossible/not work but I thought I'd say it anyway. If big companies like Activation can't fix a hacker problem, then surely a company like behaviour will struggle.

  • @Rizzo said:

    I want to spend a couple of words on this topic.

    The battle between hackers and anti-cheats is never ending, as much as people think we do not ban people, bans happen quite often, the anti-cheat gets updated constantly, but it's simple to understand that you can't block hacks that haven't been found yet.

    To put it simple: hackers create hack, EAC updates to block it, so hackers create new hack, then EAC updates to block this one too, and so on and so forth.

    It's a continuous fight.

    While your words speak much truth, it does not explain nor justify BHVR's utter silence in providing a solution. Even to this date, there is still no improved report system that would work internally within the game but rather still expects people to submit tickets outside the game with video evidence (like everyone could bother to do such a thing).

    The game is still completely open for Hackers to hold players hostage within a neverending game or force them to eat DC penalty, something that BHVR has not done a thing about to fix.

    There is much that BHVR could do to improve the overall experience of the game regardless of cheaters for both long-term and short-term solutions but actively chooses not to.

  • @Rizzo said:

    I want to spend a couple of words on this topic.

    The battle between hackers and anti-cheats is never ending, as much as people think we do not ban people, bans happen quite often, the anti-cheat gets updated constantly, but it's simple to understand that you can't block hacks that haven't been found yet.

    To put it simple: hackers create hack, EAC updates to block it, so hackers create new hack, then EAC updates to block this one too, and so on and so forth.

    It's a continuous fight.

    How difficult would it be to implement for the game to check if a player is moving at speeds that are not possible or if the game is continuing after the egc and "flag" those players.

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2694695#Comment_2694695

    How difficult would it be to implement for the game to check if a player is moving at speeds that are not possible or if the game is continuing after the egc and "flag" those players.

    This is what I wonder. There's literally no scenario where a single player can use Dead Hard multiple times in under 40 seconds without a hook in betwern, but I see it happen. Or when a player's health state cycles 10 times in 20 seconds. Is the server not verifying anything? Is the entire game client sided?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2695065#Comment_2695065

    This is what I wonder. There's literally no scenario where a single player can use Dead Hard multiple times in under 40 seconds without a hook in betwern, but I see it happen. Or when a player's health state cycles 10 times in 20 seconds. Is the server not verifying anything? Is the entire game client sided?

    It would be so much easier imo to detect cheaters

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2695065#Comment_2695065

    This is what I wonder. There's literally no scenario where a single player can use Dead Hard multiple times in under 40 seconds without a hook in betwern, but I see it happen. Or when a player's health state cycles 10 times in 20 seconds. Is the server not verifying anything? Is the entire game client sided?

    Considering the game originally was indeed almost completely client-sided (the killer functioned as the host/server in matches but for the sake of distributing the processing, almost everything was client-sided), it shouldn't come as any surprise. After all, why would BHVR spend any amount of time more than absolutely necessary shifting how and where things are calculated when they implemented dedicated servers?

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2694695#Comment_2694695

    How difficult would it be to implement for the game to check if a player is moving at speeds that are not possible or if the game is continuing after the egc and "flag" those players.

    I agree like something is clearly up when a survivor get hooked and unhooked 14 times in 2 seconds. If enough of these build up with in a certain time you know there cheating.

  • @Rizzo said:

    I want to spend a couple of words on this topic.

    The battle between hackers and anti-cheats is never ending, as much as people think we do not ban people, bans happen quite often, the anti-cheat gets updated constantly, but it's simple to understand that you can't block hacks that haven't been found yet.

    To put it simple: hackers create hack, EAC updates to block it, so hackers create new hack, then EAC updates to block this one too, and so on and so forth.

    It's a continuous fight.

    RIzzo I appreciate you speaking about this topic, I know as a forum mod it's out of your control so I'm not aiming this at you or any moderator

    I just want to point out:

    It's not that nobody thinks people don't get banned, it's that (at the moment) BHVR is completely ignorant to the cheating epidemic and refuses to talk about it or acknowledge it. There's no communication, which leads people believing that BHVR doesn't care.

    We recently had a Q&A and the issue of cheaters was one of the most upvoted questions and it was completely ignored.

    The game going free on epic in the middle of this massive cheating spree again just paints a picture of BHVR simply not caring, which I don't believe because every cheater I've reported with evidence has eventually been banned but the lack of communication is why people believe there's no care.

  • @Rizzo said:

    I want to spend a couple of words on this topic.

    The battle between hackers and anti-cheats is never ending, as much as people think we do not ban people, bans happen quite often, the anti-cheat gets updated constantly, but it's simple to understand that you can't block hacks that haven't been found yet.

    To put it simple: hackers create hack, EAC updates to block it, so hackers create new hack, then EAC updates to block this one too, and so on and so forth.

    It's a continuous fight.

    Just killswitch hacks.