What's the worst DBD take you've seen?

It's what the title says, what's the worst DBD take you've ever seen?

Comments

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691208#Comment_2691208

    Tru said Pinhead wasn’t very good EXCEPT when he used the pre-nerf Engineers Fang. Using the old version of the Fang he considered him really solid. After the Fang nerf he considers him total trash and the add-on to be worthless.

    Mind you, I am not saying I agree with those statements, I’m just clarifying what his opinion is. Personally I think Pinhead isn’t top tier, but I also think Fang is still his best add-on even after losing a chain against injured survivors. Next time you hear someone say Fang is trash, ask them what add-on they’d run instead and enjoy the mental gymnastics floorshow as they try to explain how “its trash but they’d still use it but they won’t play Pinhead any more because he’s too weak so it doesn’t matter what his other add-ons are and Fang was the only reason he was good, but chains are worthless so losing a chain hurts him a ton even though they don’t do much, etc.”

    Liquified Gore and the candles, personally.

    @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691307#Comment_2691307

    The Box cannot spawn within X meters of a Survivor or the Killer. With Lethal Pursuer, you get to see where Survivors spawn, and you obviously know where you've spawned. This tells you pretty much exactly where the Box is, allowing you to get easy early game pressure.

    Likewise, many good Pinhead's can pinpoint (HA) the next likely location of the Box when they pick it up.

    Every time I see someone say the box "can't" spawn near survivors, I have to share the story where the box spawned literally in the middle of shack, during an active chase in shack, with all the survivors running around the shack.


    My personal favorite incorrect take from a killer standpoint is that the Tombstone Piece is a perfectly balanced add-on and in no way poorly designed or significantly stronger than most other purple add-ons.

    My top two "excuse me?" takes are that:

    1. Cheating is completely excusable and justified because it's "just a game, bro lmao."

    2. The devs never listen or try new things, which is kind of a silly idea because they do test a multitude of things that we never see or hear about. I mean, doesn't mean that they're right about everything, necessarily--but they're not completely incompetent.

  • @CryptFriend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691565#Comment_2691565

    Liquified Gore and the candles, personally.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691328#Comment_2691328

    Every time I see someone say the box "can't" spawn near survivors, I have to share the story where the box spawned literally in the middle of shack, during an active chase in shack, with all the survivors running around the shack.

    My personal favorite incorrect take from a killer standpoint is that the Tombstone Piece is a perfectly balanced add-on and in no way poorly designed or significantly stronger than most other purple add-ons.

    My top two "excuse me?" takes are that:

    1. Cheating is completely excusable and justified because it's "just a game, bro lmao."

    2. The devs never listen or try new things, which is kind of a silly idea because they do test a multitude of things that we never see or hear about. I mean, doesn't mean that they're right about everything, necessarily--but they're not completely incompetent.

    Tombstone is fun but pretty situational. I think my first time as Myers I used it and only got a 2k. Throw in tuft of hair though and now the survivors are gonna start pissing theirselves

  • Camping should be bannable

  • @TheBigGopher said:

    It's what the title says, what's the worst DBD take you've ever seen?

    That smart face bubba is anything close to blackface.

  • @TheBigGopher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2694307#Comment_2694307

    Tombstone is fun but pretty situational. I think my first time as Myers I used it and only got a 2k. Throw in tuft of hair though and now the survivors are gonna start pissing theirselves

    Tombstone Piece, not just basic Tombstone. Basic Tombstone is fine--I love seeing that in play; a free Mori with a purple add-on seems a bit off, though, in my opinion.

  • "Survivors need the meta perks"

  • @CryptFriend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691565#Comment_2691565

    Liquified Gore and the candles, personally.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691328#Comment_2691328

    Every time I see someone say the box "can't" spawn near survivors, I have to share the story where the box spawned literally in the middle of shack, during an active chase in shack, with all the survivors running around the shack.

    My personal favorite incorrect take from a killer standpoint is that the Tombstone Piece is a perfectly balanced add-on and in no way poorly designed or significantly stronger than most other purple add-ons.

    My top two "excuse me?" takes are that:

    1. Cheating is completely excusable and justified because it's "just a game, bro lmao."

    2. The devs never listen or try new things, which is kind of a silly idea because they do test a multitude of things that we never see or hear about. I mean, doesn't mean that they're right about everything, necessarily--but they're not completely incompetent.

    Well, pallets aren't supposed to be able to spawn next to each other, but they sure do sometimes.

    The game is a buggy mess, things are gonna break from time to time.

  • @TheBigGopher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691238#Comment_2691238

    Kinda is. The devs are all survivor mains and almost never play killer. Just look at the latest update, despite being the most iconic part of the game killers barely got anything (and they basically made GH unplayable too)

    who is GH?

  • the worst take i’ve ever seen are my own, just kidding, I’ve seen worse


    I’ve seen people mention how Overheat was necessary to make Billy balanced

  • Hach/keys nerfs were unreserved.

  • @TheBigGopher said:

    It's what the title says, what's the worst DBD take you've ever seen?

    That the big guy with the chainsaw shouldn't be able to hit more than 1 survivor in a sweep. Like dude, it's a freaking chainsaw. If you bunch up like moths on a lightbulb, that's your fault.

  • That the game should flat out be removed from consoles so only PC users can play

  • @Malum_Midnight said:

    That the game should flat out be removed from consoles so only PC users can play

    No ######### way man, how in the hell can someone be that batshit?

  • @TheBigGopher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2695026#Comment_2695026

    No ######### way man, how in the hell can someone be that batshit?

    No idea, I can’t see any way that would make sense but some people just don’t make sense

  • Anything from Sluzzy.

  • @Volcz said:

    Anything from Sluzzy.

    Hey, Sluzzy is a visionary.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/299568/whats-the-worst-dbd-take-youve-seen

    That the big guy with the chainsaw shouldn't be able to hit more than 1 survivor in a sweep. Like dude, it's a freaking chainsaw. If you bunch up like moths on a lightbulb, that's your fault.

    That guy is probably in a really sweaty swf who all bodyblock you as soon as you grab one of them. If you take away the sweep, from his chainsaw SWEEP, then you're just left with a more mediocre version of Billy

  • @TheBigGopher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2694147#Comment_2694147

    Is that just some weird form of pride? Like he can't accept there are loops that are fundamentally unfair and therefore he isn't some God at the game, so he just has to make some bullshit up instead?

    This sadly happens to many other things such as the 4 anti gen perk meta for most killers, killers including truetalent think that you will automaticly lose because of either map or genspeed but deny that they actually just messed up in their game.

  • "Pinhead was overperforming" and "Wraith might be a wee bit too overpowered"

  • The people who pretend to not know what gen rushing is. So cringe.

  • That boons are killer sided because they can snuff them in 3 seconds but it takes surv 14 seconds to bless

  • This game would be balanced if they would only...... [insert opinion]. Hot take, balance is an opinion and not a fact, therefore this game will NEVER be balanced.

1 2 3 ›