Nerf snowmen

Just wanted to say that lol.

Comments

  • Imagine complaining about a small and unnecessarily goofy prop.

  • Yes. They are too much fun to goof around in instead of actually playing the game. πŸ˜‚

  • @GeneralV said:

    Imagine complaining about a small and unnecessarily goofy prop.

    Nerf snowman and piggy.

    @bm33 said:

    Yes. They are too much fun to goof around in instead of actually playing the game. πŸ˜‚

    True xD.

  • Only against twins. Otherwise they’re my STBFL generator

  • @bm33 said:

    Yes. They are too much fun to goof around in instead of actually playing the game. πŸ˜‚

    My only goal is to escape inside one.

    Scratch that, I have a second goal. Get a killer to play along as though they don't see the Snowman moving.

  • @bm33 said:

    Yes. They are too much fun to goof around in instead of actually playing the game. πŸ˜‚

    But thats only on the survivor side on the killer side its just something else to m1. Sure its funny to watch survivors goof off in them but that only last so long.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Imagine complaining about a small and unnecessarily goofy prop.

    It's more that it can be used as a pretty powerful pseudo-endurance effect that can be pretty rough on certain killers.

    It's a really cute idea, but woof - once more players realize how to use these as a defensive tool, it's going to be ugly.

  • Poor Piggy, just can't get a break...

    @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688271#Comment_2688271

    It's more that it can be used as a pretty powerful pseudo-endurance effect that can be pretty rough on certain killers.

    It's a really cute idea, but woof - once more players realize how to use these as a defensive tool, it's going to be ugly.

    From what I've seen and tested (I had to know), they are not nearly as powerful as that.

    I don't think this is a good event at all, but it doesn't create the extremely unbalanced situation that some people claim.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688277#Comment_2688277

    My only goal is to escape inside one.

    Scratch that, I have a second goal. Get a killer to play along as though they don't see the Snowman moving.

    I had a niceish Wraith my first match, after he killed 2 players he let myself and the other random player do gens and leave. Think he was nice to us because while he mori'd the other two we hopped in snowmen and just started goofing around thinking we were screwed anyway and he was amused when he saw us. I ran to nearby Snowman after opening exit gate and was worried time would run out because I was moving so slow. The Wraith just stood there watching me. πŸ˜‚ I'm just happy I escaped once in a Snowman. I'm disappointed it explodes when you exit like when you jump out in game, I really wanted to watch the snowman slowly move away from the match. πŸ˜‚

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688284#Comment_2688284

    Poor Piggy, just can't get a break...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688291#Comment_2688291

    From what I've seen and tested (I had to know), they are not nearly as powerful as that.

    I don't think this is a good event at all, but it doesn't create the extremely unbalanced situation that some people claim.

    'Extremely unbalanced' is pushing it - but as a killer getting that one crucial down can mean the difference between getting a 3k and getting a 1k. When the entire match ends up pivoting on a silly event gimmick only benefitting one side, that can be frustrating.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688271#Comment_2688271

    It's more that it can be used as a pretty powerful pseudo-endurance effect that can be pretty rough on certain killers.

    It's a really cute idea, but woof - once more players realize how to use these as a defensive tool, it's going to be ugly.

    Uff.. who cares.

    DonΒ΄t play the game serious for these few days. Every Surv escapes.

    Maybe kill rate is so low after this, that the algorithm says... hm, maybe killers are to weak :-)

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688288#Comment_2688288

    I had a niceish Wraith my first match, after he killed 2 players he let myself and the other random player do gens and leave. Think he was nice to us because while he mori'd the other two we hopped in snowmen and just started goofing around thinking we were screwed anyway and he was amused when he saw us. I ran to nearby Snowman after opening exit gate and was worried time would run out because I was moving so slow. The Wraith just stood there watching me. πŸ˜‚ I'm just happy I escaped once in a Snowman. I'm disappointed it explodes when you exit like when you jump out in game, I really wanted to watch the snowman slowly move away from the match. πŸ˜‚

    #goals

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688288#Comment_2688288

    I had a niceish Wraith my first match, after he killed 2 players he let myself and the other random player do gens and leave. Think he was nice to us because while he mori'd the other two we hopped in snowmen and just started goofing around thinking we were screwed anyway and he was amused when he saw us. I ran to nearby Snowman after opening exit gate and was worried time would run out because I was moving so slow. The Wraith just stood there watching me. πŸ˜‚ I'm just happy I escaped once in a Snowman. I'm disappointed it explodes when you exit like when you jump out in game, I really wanted to watch the snowman slowly move away from the match. πŸ˜‚

    My disappointment is immeasurable. I was looking forward to seeing a snowman trudge away and now I know I will receive NOTHING.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Imagine complaining about a small and unnecessarily goofy prop.

    https://youtu.be/92RJ5pR7d1M

    jaja

  • They could have given the M1 killers a sled to get around the map

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688277#Comment_2688277

    But thats only on the survivor side on the killer side its just something else to m1. Sure its funny to watch survivors goof off in them but that only last so long.

    Anniversary event survivors had to work to escape to get their crowns while killers just had to not DC. Halloween killers could camp a gen to prevent survivors from getting any event points and until this year survivors weren't able to sabo event hooks. Blue glyph challenges for survivor make them blind or oblivious and yellow glyph they have to hit rapid fire skill checks (both survivors need to run around to find with only sound to help) meanwhile purple glyph killer just needs to find their glyph that leaves bright trail and shows aura anytime someone is hooked. This is one event that survivors can actually have fun with and not be completely prevented from participating in by killers.

  • @Veinslay said:

    They could have given the M1 killers a sled to get around the map

    That would be hilarious but except ormond there is no snow on other maps.

  • @Marc_123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688291#Comment_2688291

    Uff.. who cares.

    DonΒ΄t play the game serious for these few days. Every Surv escapes.

    Maybe kill rate is so low after this, that the algorithm says... hm, maybe killers are to weak :-)

    Imagine if this had been reversed, and the killer got a speed boost from popping a snowman, or they left survivors with the Exposed status after interacting?

    I have a feeling that the same people going 'lol it's just an game why u taek it so serious relax' would be up in arms.

    @Veinslay said:

    They could have given the M1 killers a sled to get around the map

    See, now there's an idea I could get behind.

    @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688290#Comment_2688290

    Anniversary event survivors had to work to escape to get their crowns while killers just had to not DC. Halloween killers could camp a gen to prevent survivors from getting any event points and until this year survivors weren't able to sabo event hooks. Blue glyph challenges for survivor make them blind or oblivious and yellow glyph they have to hit rapid fire skill checks (both survivors need to run around to find with only sound to help) meanwhile purple glyph killer just needs to find their glyph that leaves bright trail and shows aura anytime someone is hooked. This is one event that survivors can actually have fun with and not be completely prevented from participating in by killers.

    Sigh.

    • That's not a mechanical difference.
    • Sure, killers can camp any gen, much like survivors can sabo/bodyblock any hook. I'm...not sure what point you are trying to make here. If the event hooks gave Mangled or something, that would be comparable.
    • Killers have a lot less free time to chase glyphs than survivors do, and chasing a purple glyph is pretty much giving out free escapes unless you are already winning.

    I'm honestly not sure what you think you are arguing here - but I'm not seeing your point. This isn't about how hard it is for either side to get the event bonus, it's about how the event gimmick amounts to a pretty strong extra tool that only benefits one side.

  • Haha... yes, if reversed the outcry would flood these forums for sure

  • Snowmen should be basekit.

  • Add Dead Hard in snowmen

  • Snowmen are gonna be """"fun"""" for a few days until everyone starts playing tryhard again (at high mmr, people are already doing it anyway) and then they are going to be a big problem. Hitting a snowman gives you normal attack cooldown and that's sometimes enough for survivors to reach another safe tile. I was expecting that AT LEAST it would give you the missed attack cooldown, so you can actually have an opportunity to catch the survivor afterwards. Or, give the survivor the hindered effect for a few seconds, that way they can't be used as a shield mid chase.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688325#Comment_2688325

    Imagine if this had been reversed, and the killer got a speed boost from popping a snowman, or they left survivors with the Exposed status after interacting?

    I have a feeling that the same people going 'lol it's just an game why u taek it so serious relax' would be up in arms.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688333#Comment_2688333

    See, now there's an idea I could get behind.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688335#Comment_2688335

    Sigh.

    • That's not a mechanical difference.
    • Sure, killers can camp any gen, much like survivors can sabo/bodyblock any hook. I'm...not sure what point you are trying to make here. If the event hooks gave Mangled or something, that would be comparable.
    • Killers have a lot less free time to chase glyphs than survivors do, and chasing a purple glyph is pretty much giving out free escapes unless you are already winning.

    I'm honestly not sure what you think you are arguing here - but I'm not seeing your point. This isn't about how hard it is for either side to get the event bonus, it's about how the event gimmick amounts to a pretty strong extra tool that only benefits one side.

    The comment I responded to (which was responding to something I had said) said that on killer side you can only m1, you can't goof off in the snowmen like survivors. There was nothing in my original comment, their comment or my response about the snowmen being an extra tool - that is something you are bringing up. My response was examples of how the killer side usually gets to relax/goof off while survivors have to put in work for their rewards and that their rewards are generally easily prevented - for once we have an event where this is not the case.

    My point wasn't about who has a harder time but rather for once survivors have an event where they can relax and have fun. Both killers and survivors get BP from the snowmen. Both killers and survivors get cosmetics easily. Survivors for once can goof off instead of having to genrush to get their cosmetics.