My Ban Just Went From One Hour to Six Hours

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....PLEASE KILL ME

Comments

  • howd you hit an hour in the first place

  • This is the third or fourth dc-related discussion I've seen from you, my friend.

    Stop dcing lol.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    howd you hit an hour in the first place


    I had 3 disconnections over 5 hours today, and 5 disconnections over 4 hours two days ago.

  • @scenekiller said:

    This is the third or fourth dc-related discussion I've seen from you, my friend.

    Stop dcing lol.

    I try so hard lol.

  • You've really got to fix this somehow.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    You've really got to fix this somehow.

    Half of it's not even on my end, it's on XBOX Live's end. How do I fix that?

  • I feel it. I had this problem when I first started years ago.

    My advice for people who get that mad is usually to try and force themselves to laugh at the ridiculous nonsense that goes on in matches. It feels stupid at first, but I noticed a lot of streamers laugh at the things that would normally piss me off, so I started doing it too, and it really did work lol

  • @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2685681#Comment_2685681

    I feel it. I had this problem when I first started years ago.

    My advice for people who get that mad is usually to try and force themselves to laugh at the ridiculous nonsense that goes on in matches. It feels stupid at first, but I've noticed a lot of streamers laugh at the things that would normally piss me off, so I started doing it too, and it really did work lol

    It's not a getting mad issue actually lol. I've only wanted to rage quit once and I fought the urge because my ban time was at a half an hour. It's blips in my internet combined with host connection issues with XBOX Live. It's ridiculous. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

  • I'll get on my friend's account and not get disconnected once just you watch. This stupid.

  • Just stop dc'ing, and if you're not doing it on porpoise, check your internet or don't play the game u til whatever problem you're having is fixed

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    Just stop dc'ing, and if you're not doing it on porpoise, check your internet or don't play the game u til whatever problem you're having is fixed

    Yes, sir.

  • Stop playing.

    Stop playing for a week, seriously.

    Your penalty will reset and you won't face these long penalties after "one" dc

    That is until you start dcing again, of course, but that's another issue that YOU need to solve on your end

  • @Lycidas said:

    Stop playing.

    Stop playing for a week, seriously.

    Your penalty will reset and you won't face these long penalties after "one" dc

    That is until you start dcing again, of course, but that's another issue that YOU need to solve on your end

    I stopped playing for a day and then was able to play again with no d/c. I can go four straight days no issues, fifth and sixth day issues, stop playing seventh, resets. That's my life now.

    I average about 50 games a day so I'm able to lower it pretty quickly, but that also means it grows pretty quickly too unfortunately.

  • You really need to stop DCing. Play through your games and everyone is happy.

  • @GannTM said:

    You really need to stop DCing. Play through your games and everyone is happy.

    I live to make everyone else happy.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2686059#Comment_2686059

    I stopped playing for a day and then was able to play again with no d/c. I can go four straight days no issues, fifth and sixth day issues, stop playing seventh, resets. That's my life now.

    I average about 50 games a day so I'm able to lower it pretty quickly, but that also means it grows pretty quickly too unfortunately.

    Not playing for one day is not nearly enough to go back to the 5 minutes penalty step. You need to go a much longer period of time without playing if you are at a 6 hours penalty.

    Stop playing for a week, reset your penalty, try fixing or at least understanding the obvious technical issues you have.

    There is no other way, apart of course creating countless times the same thread on the forums until at some point you become reportable for spamming :)

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2685683#Comment_2685683

    Half of it's not even on my end, it's on XBOX Live's end. How do I fix that?

    Buy a pc.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2686078#Comment_2686078

    Not playing for one day is not nearly enough to go back to the 5 minutes penalty step. You need to go a much longer period of time without playing if you are at a 6 hours penalty.

    Stop playing for a week, reset your penalty, try fixing or at least understanding the obvious technical issues you have.

    There is no other way, apart of course creating countless times the same thread on the forums until at some point you become reportable for spamming :)

    Nor playing for one day and then playing 50 matches a day for 4 consecutive days was enough time for my penalty to go down to 3 minutes. I recorded it.

    I'm not trying to spam. I just dont think people realize the severity of the penalty. This post was mainly for those that think it is "too lenient." From one hour to a six hour jump does not seem very lenient to me.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2686078#Comment_2686078

    Not playing for one day is not nearly enough to go back to the 5 minutes penalty step. You need to go a much longer period of time without playing if you are at a 6 hours penalty.

    Stop playing for a week, reset your penalty, try fixing or at least understanding the obvious technical issues you have.

    There is no other way, apart of course creating countless times the same thread on the forums until at some point you become reportable for spamming :)

    As far as the technical issues go, my NAT settings are too strict. So even if I had "superior" internet, I would still have issues. That's just part of the problem. The other problem is coming from XBOX Live's end. I don't see how I can feasibly fix that.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2686143#Comment_2686143

    As far as the technical issues go, my NAT settings are too strict. So even if I had "superior" internet, I would still have issues. That's just part of the problem. The other problem is coming from XBOX Live's end. I don't see how I can feasibly fix that.

    Nor playing for one day and then playing 50 matches a day for 4 consecutive days was enough time for my penalty to go down to 3 minutes.

    As long as you don't disconnect during those 4 days in which you are playing yes, it could be enough, but if you were to be disconnected during that period you wouldn't have reset your penalty, and since you (apparently) don't have control over when the dc is going to happen the only 100% failproof way of resetting it is not playing at all

    my NAT settings are too strict.

    You can change them, that's something you can start working on at least

    The other problem is coming from XBOX Live's end. I don't see how I can feasibly fix that.

    YOU can't, but you can probably ask support from customer service from XBOX Live? If there is really a problem on their end they may be able to help


    DC penalties are doing their work, ramping up from 1 hour to 6 is done on purpose to let people understand that maybe, MAYBE they need to consider taking a break from the game, either because they are not having fun since they are dcing that much, or because they have to fix some technical issues

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2686173#Comment_2686173

    Nor playing for one day and then playing 50 matches a day for 4 consecutive days was enough time for my penalty to go down to 3 minutes.

    As long as you don't disconnect during those 4 days in which you are playing yes, it could be enough, but if you were to be disconnected during that period you wouldn't have reset your penalty, and since you (apparently) don't have control over when the dc is going to happen the only 100% failproof way of resetting it is not playing at all

    my NAT settings are too strict.

    You can change them, that's something you can start working on at least

    The other problem is coming from XBOX Live's end. I don't see how I can feasibly fix that.

    YOU can't, but you can probably ask support from customer service from XBOX Live? If there is really a problem on their end they may be able to help

    DC penalties are doing their work, ramping up from 1 hour to 6 is done on purpose to let people understand that maybe, MAYBE they need to consider taking a break from the game, either because they are not having fun since they are dcing that much, or because they have to fix some technical issues

    As far as the disconnecting goes, yes it's risky, but it's a risk im willing to take. My friend has an account on the same Xbox and has never been disconnected.

    As far as NAT settings go, I have no control over my router, so there's not much I can do.

    With XBOX Live, you're right, and I'm dumb for not even thinking of that.

    Even if I wanted to quit playing, I am hopelessly addicted at this point. I literally don't know what to do without this game. And yes, I know how sad and pathetic that is, but I'm just trying to be straight with you.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2686165#Comment_2686165

    Seriously considering it. Been eyeing an alien ware forever.

    If you want to buy a prebuilt PC, at least don't get one of those. The build quality is absolutely horrible, and Dell uses the absolute cheapest possible components in a far-too-small case, which happens to get a whole bunch of cheap plastic stuck around it to look cool. There are much better options for the same price.

    Seriously, I saw a video teardown of one the other day, they had this dumb hinged design that placed the PSU right over the CPU cooler and choked the entire motherboard of air, on top of using an even worse cooler than the stock CPU cooler, and a bizarre proprietary motherboard so they could continue using extra cheap Intel cooler mounting positions for AMD CPUs. This was an 1800$ PC, and it was overheating in its stock configuration and thermal throttling, with some motherboard components almost certain to die down the line because the VRMs had no cooling or heat access.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2686176#Comment_2686176

    If you want to buy a prebuilt PC, at least don't get one of those. The build quality is absolutely horrible, and Dell uses the absolute cheapest possible components in a far-too-small case, which happens to get a whole bunch of cheap plastic stuck around it to look cool. There are much better options for the same price.

    Seriously, I saw a video teardown of one the other day, they had this dumb hinged design that placed the PSU right over the CPU cooler and choked the entire motherboard of air, on top of using an even worse cooler than the stock CPU cooler, and a bizarre proprietary motherboard so they could continue using extra cheap Intel cooler mounting positions for AMD CPUs. This was an 1800$ PC, and it was overheating in its stock configuration and thermal throttling, with some motherboard components almost certain to die down the line because the VRMs had no cooling or heat access.

    Oh wow, thanks for the heads up! I'll admit I wanted it because of how awesome it looked and I had always heard great things but now I'm greatly reconsidering that.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2686264#Comment_2686264

    As far as the disconnecting goes, yes it's risky, but it's a risk im willing to take. My friend has an account on the same Xbox and has never been disconnected.

    As far as NAT settings go, I have no control over my router, so there's not much I can do.

    With XBOX Live, you're right, and I'm dumb for not even thinking of that.

    Even if I wanted to quit playing, I am hopelessly addicted at this point. I literally don't know what to do without this game. And yes, I know how sad and pathetic that is, but I'm just trying to be straight with you.

    Well then see if customer service from xbox can help and see how it goes after that

    A compromise you could find (after you reset your penalty) is:

    • Play normally until you get a 10 minutes penalty (it should be the second or third dc)
    • Stop playing for the day and don't play for the day after that (that will "soft reset" the penalty, putting you at a 5 minutes penalty again)
    • Repeat

    I am hopelessly addicted at this point. I literally don't know what to do without this game.

    We've all been there, hopefully you can find some distraction from the game while you wait for the dc penalty to cool down and slowly work on finding a healthier balance

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2686143#Comment_2686143

    As far as the technical issues go, my NAT settings are too strict. So even if I had "superior" internet, I would still have issues. That's just part of the problem. The other problem is coming from XBOX Live's end. I don't see how I can feasibly fix that.

    Wired or wireless?

  • I'm on Xbox for 5 years, and I've never had 1 problem.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2686312#Comment_2686312

    Well then see if customer service from xbox can help and see how it goes after that

    A compromise you could find (after you reset your penalty) is:

    • Play normally until you get a 10 minutes penalty (it should be the second or third dc)
    • Stop playing for the day and don't play for the day after that (that will "soft reset" the penalty, putting you at a 5 minutes penalty again)
    • Repeat

    I am hopelessly addicted at this point. I literally don't know what to do without this game.

    We've all been there, hopefully you can find some distraction from the game while you wait for the dc penalty to cool down and slowly work on finding a healthier balance

    That sounds like a good idea. I will try that. And thank you for being so understanding.


    Wireless


    @Leatherface1990 said:

    I'm on Xbox for 5 years, and I've never had 1 problem.

    Congratulations.

  • That could be your problem. Wired might put you to nat 2. That is what happens for me on ps. And playing wired is recommended while playing online games.

    Dunno if you are able to tho, I know not everyone has router in their room.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687071#Comment_2687071

    That could be your problem. Wired might put you to nat 2. That is what happens for me on ps. And playing wired is recommended while playing online games.

    Dunno if you are able to tho, I know not everyone has router in their room.

    Yeah, I don't have access to my router so it's an issue that I can't really solve.