What are my fellow console players doing now that DBD is free on Epic?

My PC is unable to run the game which is fine, I just wanted it in my Epic library for when I get a better PC. I have 1.4k (almost 1.5k) hours in the game, just I'll have to get used to mouse and keyboard.

I guess I'm just thankful that my PC can boot up the game so I can still collect the login rewards and input my codes. But yeah, definitely can't play the game on PC for awhile :/

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • I downloaded it since it was free. I'll play it on pc when I get a better one, but no way I'll ever get used to a mouse and keyboard. I will always have to use a controller.

  • There's still no cross progression so it really doesn't matter to me.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    I downloaded it since it was free. I'll play it on pc when I get a better one, but no way I'll ever get used to a mouse and keyboard. I will always have to use a controller.

    I thought this, because I started playing with a controller after playing other games on consoles mostly. Once you get the hang of it, it's surprisingly easy to use K&M and whilst it doesn't make a huge difference as a survivor (looping is better with K&M though), it does make a difference playing killer. I use a controller right now because I have a bad shoulder and it's just impossible for me to play otherwise, but I would much rather K&M.

  • @Mekochi said:

    My PC is unable to run the game which is fine, I just wanted it in my Epic library for when I get a better PC. I have 1.4k (almost 1.5k) hours in the game, just I'll have to get used to mouse and keyboard.

    I guess I'm just thankful that my PC can boot up the game so I can still collect the login rewards and input my codes. But yeah, definitely can't play the game on PC for awhile :/

    I'm hoping I don't go against even more hackers now that they can just get the game free.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2675571#Comment_2675571

    I thought this, because I started playing with a controller after playing other games on consoles mostly. Once you get the hang of it, it's surprisingly easy to use K&M and whilst it doesn't make a huge difference as a survivor (looping is better with K&M though), it does make a difference playing killer. I use a controller right now because I have a bad shoulder and it's just impossible for me to play otherwise, but I would much rather K&M.

    Huh. I guess I'll have to test it out and see.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2675571#Comment_2675571

    I thought this, because I started playing with a controller after playing other games on consoles mostly. Once you get the hang of it, it's surprisingly easy to use K&M and whilst it doesn't make a huge difference as a survivor (looping is better with K&M though), it does make a difference playing killer. I use a controller right now because I have a bad shoulder and it's just impossible for me to play otherwise, but I would much rather K&M.

    Did you walk into your hob again?

  • Downloaded it since it was free

    Decided to play a single killer match for fun

    Waited over 10 minutes with crossplay on, likely due to new person MMR

    Got bored so I went and played Immortals

    I'm actually pretty happy about it though since now I can do a KYF with myself to test random stuff and I don't need to bug anyone to help. I can also try some killers like Nurse and Huntress and feel the differences out.

  • no, I fell out of bed this time, dislocated my shoulder and torn ligaments in it :(

  • I've already faced hackers.

    Why are they always Dwight?

  • I nabbed it for free as part of PlayStation Plus, and it's been free for quite a while on Xbox game pass, but honestly there's zero incentive to download it again considering there's still no cross progression.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2675609#Comment_2675609

    no, I fell out of bed this time, dislocated my shoulder and torn ligaments in it :(

    i shouldn't laugh but your clumsiness...

    i hope you get better soon though

    image.png


  • I grabbed it cuz why not but I just don't have the time or the desire to start over from scratch so I'll be sticking to console

  • Bullying new killers.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    Downloaded it since it was free

    Decided to play a single killer match for fun

    Waited over 10 minutes with crossplay on, likely due to new person MMR

    Got bored so I went and played Immortals

    I'm actually pretty happy about it though since now I can do a KYF with myself to test random stuff and I don't need to bug anyone to help. I can also try some killers like Nurse and Huntress and feel the differences out.

    That sucks because there should be a bots mode that allows you to practice. As it is you have to get a kyf going, otherwise you'll be getting stomped repeatedly while you practice, which is fun for no one.

  • feel free to laugh, my clumsiness is becoming legendary...even I laugh at it so did my friend when I phoned him to come take me to the hospital LOL

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2675614#Comment_2675614

    That sucks because there should be a bots mode that allows you to practice. As it is you have to get a kyf going, otherwise you'll be getting stomped repeatedly while you practice, which is fun for no one.

    Very much agree. Maybe one day we'll get bots in KYF since they do have them as part of the tutorial. One can only hope.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2675643#Comment_2675643

    Very much agree. Maybe one day we'll get bots in KYF since they do have them as part of the tutorial. One can only hope.

    In the Q&A they said they were looking more into using bots, but what that may be is anyone's guess. Frankly it's astounding that the free mobile game has had such a mode for quite some time, and yet Dead by Daylight proper hasn't had one in almost 6 years.