So I think I’m done with killer
I’ve been having a blast with playing SWF with friends and expected this patch to be what it was. Just cenobite nerfs and nothing other than a few perks from the artist that attempt to “slow” gens down. I’m done with playing killer 100% this time, after getting turbo games (5 mins before gens we’re powered) I think I’m done with the role and the stress it carries. Hopefully I can eventually quit this game for reals eventually but I’ll see all you other addicted survivors in the fog.
Comments
I...feel you.
Even games where you lose as survivor are substantially more relaxing than playing killer is a lot of the time. Boons...boons were a mistake.
BHVR have got a job of work ahead of them, because survivor queues just seem to get longer and longer.
The artist's slowdown perks are very cool in concept, but all but the scourge hook one are incredibly inefficient.
Grim Embrace would be a really good perk if playing fair was actually effective at all. If you try and spread out your hooks, you're most likely going to lose 3 or 4 gens before you can hook everyone once. You basically need to tunnel one person out of the game to stand any kind of chance with how huge these maps are.
Hex: Pentimento simply came out too late. If it came out before Boon totems, this would be very powerful. But unfortunately, basically no one cleanses totems anymore. They either bless them or leave them for other people to bless them.
Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance is the most useful because of it's instant gen regression on a gen you don't even have to be near. But of course it suffers from the same issues as Gift of Pain. If you're taking too long to get a down and/or you down someone and there are no scourge hooks nearby then you're just out of luck.
TLDR: Grim embrace was designed for an idyllic version of this game where playing fair is viable. Pentimento is basically useless because of the existence of boon totems. Scourge hook is really the only useful one, but could be difficult to activate due to the randomized nature of scourge hooks.
Yep no boons changes were kind of the nail in the coffin for me, since I actually cant “do bones” and just get a simple snuff that’s enough for me. I 100% agree with you, it even feels good when you die and the majority of the team makes it out.
Penti is the definition of a 'what the hell were they thinking?' perk.
You have to pair it with Plaything and hope they don't just boon for it to do anything.
A perk that requires a second perk from an entirely different (paid) DLC to function is just awful.
Now, if snuffing a boon crushed the totem - honestly that just needs to happen.
Grim Embrace is an all or nothing perk.
Either you get it sorta early and it a huge advantage or you can't hook that last one and get 0 value.
I feel ya. Yes gen speeds are fast on their own. But the amount of hackers among survivors is just too crazy right now... And the game is about to go free tomorrow on Epic Games... Expect a spike in even more hackers.
Just had a game where 1 person was dead. 1 person on hook. 1 person in chase. So while I am chasing this person, the hook gets saved. almost INSTANTLY after that on the other side of the map the gen pops. Impossible unless he teleported.
I now have another person hooked. So 5gens done. I see 2 ppl on the other side of the map with BBQ. I go for one with a semi proxy camp and I chase him back to the hook... where I see the hook getting saved and the gate is alrdy 99... everyone gets out... Impossible with the time they had.
Some hackers really think people are stupid. That was not even subtle...
Sorry just needed to vent as end game chat was full of denial as usual.
I'd say the worst survivor games you get (died, got camped/tunneled) are more relaxing and fun than the average high mmr killer match.
MMR and Boons are really killing the killer game play right now.
Bhvr has a lot of work ahead of them, but they dont have to do it cause there's no real competitor. Heres hoping vhs takes off.
I hoped they will give Killer options to destroy Boon totem so they cant re-bless (in return of reveal himself doesnt have Noed) would be a fair choice. Since Survivor can either destroy or Bless.
But not, they introduce Artist Hex that able to re-build totem, which mean Killer will not able to destroy totem by any mean because they would make Artist Hex works for themselves.
Killer cant pick totem for Hex, Survivor can pick totem for Boon. Hex can be gone, Boon is unlimited. Killer can not break totem to prevent Boon, survivors can break totem to prevent Plaything & Noed.
Totem game is fully controlled by survivors.
The Boon designing convinced me the game is far survivors sided.
Let it out man, venting does help a bit haha. I didn’t even bring up hackers but I always get the hackers with a few % on their speed. It’s like dude your hacks are totally not obvious lol.
You don't need to play supernice to use Grim Embrace.
If you hook survivor A, then B ,then A again, then C and then kill A you can hook D and stop the last gen that is probably about to pop.
That's a player out of the game by hook 5 and your 3 gen blocked while one survivor is hooked and one has their location revealed by hook 6
While obviously not superstrong it's not that bad either
100%. It instead we get a patch & notes from devs that was pretty much game breaking for boons. Stating “for you killer mains” lmao, if that dev ever reads this I won’t ever forget that line.
######### hmu to play some survivor, or one thing that blows my mind in this subreddit is people constantly complain about having no friends that play or have played.
I'm in the same boat all my friends quit survivor and moved on, the lucky bastards… but anyways behavior has a community discord where people are always looking for groups. The most recent group I’ve found is extremely entertaining to play with and they aren’t the greatest players. I have at least found some enjoyment from this game again, however I am not going to willingly play killer anymore other than kyf.
I've just gone to play racing games or something for the time being.
Most of the perks I have unlocked are on a killer that just got nerfed, I fully expect my MMR to be flooded with W+Overcome and I have literally no killers levelled who're remotely good at that sort of thing (I guess Billy... maybe? If they don't know how to move aside), and just... boons and gens going pop pop pop.
I can't even try to get better at loops and have fun in chases because they just don't happen enough.
I’m tired of playing meta killers to keep up, it doesn’t stay fun playing meta killers non stop for me. It just sucks when you want to play off meta you get hit with that “gen rush” mentality and get utterly destroyed. I don’t want to have to play the meta to have “fun”. I’ve been playing new world but with that game being new and IMO not ready for launch I haven’t found anything else to fill that hole which dbd is.
i think boon is biased but meta never changed because of it
it forcing tryhard? yes but not changed define of tryharding, it has no effect on camp and tunnel
I think it 100% changed meta lol, the teams I play with always have at least 1 dedicated booner. That’s just my opinion anyways, it may not be meta for all survivors but you can bet at least 1 person on a team is going to bring some.
You can have 1 guy replace Borrowed time with Coh. Thats it
Eh. I have played trapper so I can do my challenge and I got 2-3 frustrated players in my lobby. Begging and desperate for attention. It used to be annoying before, but now is...I don't know. Pathetic?
SWF definitely adds to the fun factor, but the downside is that there isn't a single killer perk that can match survivors being fed so much information. It also doesn't help that SBMM has seen to it that killer mains are sweating their ass off, and have thus quit. Which sucks because casual killer players are paying the price.
I 100% second this.
Pentimento feels like they just didn't really consider the impact boons have on it. But then again boons themselves also felt rushed, so...can't really say I'm surprised.
I like how grim embrace encourages you to play fair, but it's getting harder and harder to do that.
Pain resonance actually seems decent as long as you can get to scourge hooks. I only played survivor yesterday so I haven't tried it yet.
I've pretty much always technically been a survivor main simply because I play more survivor than killer, but I still play both sides. That said, I've noticed myself playing even more survivor and less killer lately, just because it feels nearly impossible to not have a stressful killer match, whether you win or not. COH pretty much makes it pointless to injure people if you don't commit to them, and snuffing a totem isn't worth it if it's far away and gets relit soon after. Not to mention I get hackers a lot (especially when I play spirit), but I'm not gonna go into that because that's not really the point.
Within days of COH coming out I made a rule for myself that I'm just not going to bring COH as a survivor unless it gets nerfed because it's ridiculously broken, the same way I refuse to bring NOED as killer because I think it's cheap.
The unfortunate truth is that many killers who aren't top-tier simply don't have the tools to keep up with the current survivor meta, and I don't want to be forced to play S-tier killers every game and/or bring ruin/undying/pop/corrupt every match. That gets boring really fast. I'm not saying I don't use slowdown perks - I do use them, but I don't bring 4 slowdowns because I'd rather have at least SOME kind of build diversity.
All I really want is to be able to play matches in a way where it doesn't feel forced to tunnel people every match and then lose because I knew I should have but didn't until endgame or until there was 1 gen left.
I am hoping that boons will get looked at in the midchapter in a month and a half and that they weren't this time around simply because they haven't been out long enough. But we'll see.
It's also kind of sad how many people were disappointed over Scott's fake patch video being fake, because it just shows you how many people want those kinds of changes.
You and virtually every other killer going by how the killer queue is 2 seconds despite a new killer release lol
I'm not done for good but I am getting close to taking another 5 to 6 month break. It's not stress really but it's the speed at which the game ends. The 5 gens in 5 minutes thing happens too often. I'm mainly sick of seeing the same perks every match though. I've had enough of Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, and Decisive Strike.
Because after setting 5-6 traps and 3-4 Gen done. And suddenly noise noti spam asking for attention.
Killer definitely isn't for everyone. I still love playing killer and I think it's pretty balanced. Hope you have fun with survivor.
It's funny how they are complaining about waiting in lobbies, but they are wasting time at exit gate.
Multiple Dead hard, circle of healing, prove theyself, medikits and toolboxes (built to last to abuse them) can be Overkill, especially if added to second chance perks, making killer almost unplayable.
Yep and many SWF teams know this and abuse every chance they get. They're not skilled players. Solo survivors are where you find true skill. SWF survivors are coddled and held up by their friends.
"balanced" 🤣
Yep, I think it's much more balanced than people think.