If there are so many players

How is it possible I just played the same exact killer 3 times in a row? That should be next to impossible odds.


This isn't the first time something like this happened either. I have played another guy 4 days in a row before.

Comments

  • Depending on what MMR you have, what time you're playing, etc... may not be anyone else at that MMR to match you with. Plus I guess maybe it also depends on what platform you're playing on and if you have crossplay enabled. May even depend on your region, if region locks are a thing here

  • You can have a million players but if 999,999 play survivor and 1 plays killer, you're gonna have issues regardless.

  • Yes but MMR is a joke as we've seen. Just playing daily puts you at the very very top percent.


    I am by no means an outstanding survivor yet I got paired with CoconutRTS 3 times in 3 days.

  • You max killer mmr so easily though, so you should be getting passed around even more than my ex since there's way more survivors looking for a game

  • There are way fewer Killer players than ever before. Because of the current balance of the game and how The Devs have treated Killers they decided to only play Killer for dailies or for challenges and then switch to Survivor or not play at all.

    This resulted in longer wait times for games, facing the same Killer over and over again, Breaking the MMR even worse than Smurfs have done and Low MMR Killers facing High MMR SWF teams even though they lost multiple games in a row. The game is in a very sad state and it's not Survivors fault for using the broken one sided system or the Killers who are showing their distrust and hatred by doing what they can.....it's the Devs for remaining silent or downright saying that they hate Killers and won't drop their own hubris to see what they are doing to their own game.

  • At this point they should just create AI killers. Will be less toxicity all round.

  • This has now happened 2 days in a row. Proof MMR is BS

    How TF do I DIE to a killer and MMR is like hmmmm. You should play them again.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    How is it possible I just played the same exact killer 3 times in a row? That should be next to impossible odds.

    This isn't the first time something like this happened either. I have played another guy 4 days in a row before.

    Probably MMR, yeah. It could also be time and region based.

    I know that in my morning games, I run into two Japanese (or at least using kanji names) SWFs quite frequently.

    @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656388#Comment_2656388

    Yes but MMR is a joke as we've seen. Just playing daily puts you at the very very top percent.

    I am by no means an outstanding survivor yet I got paired with CoconutRTS 3 times in 3 days.

    Says...who?

    I've seen a lot of guesswork and hypotheticals, but at least on decently populated hours, my games are a reasonable mix. And I play a fair amount.

  • @Ripley said:

    At this point they should just create AI killers. Will be less toxicity all round.

    Wouldn't be very fun to tbag and click at robots.

  • @Ripley said:

    At this point they should just create AI killers. Will be less toxicity all round.

    You think bhvr can make a competent AI?

  • It doesn't need to be competent with the way survivors prefer to play. It just needs to be around.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658175#Comment_2658175

    It doesn't need to be competent with the way survivors prefer to play. It just needs to be around.

    At that point why have a killer just load them in and let them do gens and leave. If you play the tutorial the trapper ai is horrible.

  • The community already has created somewhat passable Survivor AI...they even say GGWP Killer!

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658175#Comment_2658175

    The community already has created somewhat passable Survivor AI...they even say GGWP Killer!

    Just because most survivors play like bots doesn't mean they are.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658177#Comment_2658177

    At that point why have a killer just load them in and let them do gens and leave. If you play the tutorial the trapper ai is horrible.

    You cannot flashlight nothing, there needs to be a killer for all those dank sabo plays and to be impressed when you drop a pallet.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    You can have a million players but if 999,999 play survivor and 1 plays killer, you're gonna have issues regardless.

    That's not what it is, lol.

  • I think it's likely a combination of SBMM and just an amazing coincidence. Time of day you're playing likely is affecting it as well.

    I played a round as the Plague the other morning, had an early DC, killed a Meg, and gave the last person hatch. Loaded into another match almost immediately as Pinhead and recognized the Meg from the prior match (she was a solo, apparently, as the other 3 survivors were different). The Plague match had been such an unfun rout, I decided to give the Meg hatch if it came down to it, and when I got another DC right out of the gate and ran into the Meg, she essentially gave up in front of me (I can only imagine what was going through that poor player's mind). I let the Meg go and finished off the rest of the group before I gave them hatch -- I wonder if they realized I was the same killer they'd just had the match before.

    So it happens -- I've had it only happen to me a couple of times in a lot of hours, but it definitely can occur.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658181#Comment_2658181

    You cannot flashlight nothing, there needs to be a killer for all those dank sabo plays and to be impressed when you drop a pallet.

    Good point still got to make it look good for all them highlights.

  • I dunno.

    I usually only play against the same 4 or so SWF's. Every night, never fail.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658175#Comment_2658175

    It doesn't need to be competent with the way survivors prefer to play. It just needs to be around.

    Outside of maybe a training mode, BHVR would never add bot killers/survivors, unless these games gave out like 10% BP.

    Otherwise it would spell the death of the game within a few months.

  • I can't tell if this is sarcasm or you would be actually disappointed.

  • I will say this has happened to me before, and this was before MMR.

    Though I do agree that the number of people playing this game is dwindling.

  • It flip flops. Red Rank Killer Queues used to be complete agony.

  • That's coconuts of bananas. There must be thousands of people playing this....so they say LOL! I believe everything I hear.

  • @Leatherface1990 said:

    That's coconuts of bananas. There must be thousands of people playing this....so they say LOL! I believe everything I hear.

    ...Zuh?

    Coconuts of bananas?

    DbD has around 50k average players on Steam at present. I'm not sure of console, but maybe add another 60k to be conservative (there are a lot more console owners than gaming PC owners).

    That's...a lot of players.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    This has now happened 2 days in a row. Proof MMR is BS

    How TF do I DIE to a killer and MMR is like hmmmm. You should play them again.

    If you die to that Killer and he only got 1 kill, both of you drop MMR, and you 2 meet again.

    Or MMR will take a group or MMR rate close as possible, doesnt mean you 2 have the exact same MMR. Like if you're all skill rate 6, you died and dropped to 5, Killer got 2 kill and kept on skill rate 6, the next match pick people around rate 5-6.

    Which is what I believe

  • @Leatherface1990 said:

    That's coconuts of bananas. There must be thousands of people playing this....so they say LOL! I believe everything I hear.

    Even if you have reason theres something funny on all survs, theyre choose the same chars everytime.

  • That sucks. My region queue times are still pretty fast, also I am guessing I'm probably at average to slightly below average MMR