Buffing hemorraghe status effect

Right now the hemorrhage does barely nothing, only making you bleed more often, but that only works on indoor maps because pool of bloods are mostly unnoticeable unless they're under direct source of light. So i had a few ideas to buff this status effect:

  • Survivors bleed out on the ground twice as quickly (2 minutes instead of the normal 4).
  • Pools of blood last longer on the ground and appear more often (like default hemorraghe)
  • Survivors who don't heal for a set amount of time get deep wound or get put into the dying state.

I think outside of the last point, both of those are great changes that wouldn't be super strong but would make the hemorraghe be actually worth caring about, a survivor who's on the ground with hemorraghe could have the bleed out bar darker so other survivors know they're bleeding quicker, giving some kind of pressure to the survivor team.

The last point would obviously be the stronger one, but I think with some fine numbers it could be balanced, considering how iron will is meta a lot of survivors don't even worry about healing anyway (or 99% the heal to use it with other perks like resilience).

Comments

  • Nope. That would make sloppy butcher annoying as hell to fight against.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Nope. That would make sloppy butcher annoying as hell to fight against.

    Sloppy is a ######### perk anyway, mangled only adds 4 or so seconds to a heal and with the boon totems is literally worthless. If this means an indirect buff to sloppy, I'd be more than happy with that

  • This will not happen. Here’s why:

    • Survivors can’t be forced to heal. They can’t even heal themselves without a perk or item. It’s a decision they need to make if it’s best to do or not.
    • Haemorrhage is far too easy to apply for such a strong effect.

    The status effect is fine how it is. Just lower the rarity of add-ons that cause and/or effect it.

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651561#Comment_2651561

    Sloppy is a ######### perk anyway, mangled only adds 4 or so seconds to a heal and with the boon totems is literally worthless. If this means an indirect buff to sloppy, I'd be more than happy with that

    So if a killer injured me with sloppy and chases me for the time it takes me to get downed from haemorrhage that’s fair? That’s just old legion all over again

  • Random idea off the top of my head: A Survivor with Hemorrhage will, in addition to bleeding heavily while injured, bleed at normal rate and still do injured grunts as though they are still injured while not injured for X amount of time. Makes them more susceptible to being spotted after being healed back to full (barring Iron Will).

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651579#Comment_2651579

    So if a killer injured me with sloppy and chases me for the time it takes me to get downed from haemorrhage that’s fair? That’s just old legion all over again

    If a chase lasts that long then chances are the killer has lost the game anyway due to your team rushing gens meanwhile.

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651561#Comment_2651561

    Sloppy is a ######### perk anyway, mangled only adds 4 or so seconds to a heal and with the boon totems is literally worthless. If this means an indirect buff to sloppy, I'd be more than happy with that

    Sloppy Butcher is a good Perk. It does not need Buffs, they made it decent when they added the Mangled-effect.

    And I mean, there have been situations where I was not healed the whole game, since I nobody healed me after an Unhook and I was not able to find a Medkit in Chests. Survivors should not be forced to run Self-Care or CoH to avoid this.

    Bleeding out twice as fast would also just make slugging stronger. Slugging is already strong and it should not get an extra incentive to do.

    IMO the "fix" to Hemorrhage is that it should be basekit for certain things (e.g. (Reverse) Bear Traps or Chainsaw Hits) and the respective Add Ons should be reworked. And Add Ons which only apply Hemorrhage should have another effect as well, so that there is no Add On which only gives Hemorrhage.

  • @Canas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651605#Comment_2651605

    If a chase lasts that long then chances are the killer has lost the game anyway due to your team rushing gens meanwhile.

    Yes but he still shouldn’t be given a down because I looped him well

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651651#Comment_2651651

    Yes but he still shouldn’t be given a down because I looped him well

    You haven't been in the boots of a killer then. If someone dedicates this much time to downing you then have at least the decency to accept your fate. He's going to lose anyway, just give him the 1K.

  • @Canas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651657#Comment_2651657

    You haven't been in the boots of a killer then. If someone dedicates this much time to downing you then have at least the decency to accept your fate. He's going to lose anyway, just give him the 1K.

    Yeah but it’s not fun to know “no matter how well I play here I’ll just die anyway”. Especially when the killer is worse than you.

    Imagine a sloppy butcher wraith who was effectively splitting pressure between 4 survivors who don’t bring healing perks. The killer doesn’t deserve a down just because he spent 4 gens chasing 1 guy especially if he’s actively being outplayed

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651651#Comment_2651651

    Yes but he still shouldn’t be given a down because I looped him well

    With the current loop Metas on all maps I say yes it should, but if loops and jungle gyms were actually balanced well and worked on then no. The buff really would be a result of the poor map building The Devs have done.

    Dosnt mean I agree with the buff or are against it I can see where it's truly coming from.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651657#Comment_2651657

    With the current loop Metas on all maps I say yes it should, but if loops and jungle gyms were actually balanced well and worked on then no. The buff really would be a result of the poor map building The Devs have done.

    Dosnt mean I agree with the buff or are against it I can see where it's truly coming from.

    Totally agree. Map balance is awful and maps need to be more unsafe in general. But I still think dying because you ran out of time as opposed to being outplayed is dumb

  • Hemorrhage being a weak effect is fine so long as it’s not the only effect something gives. For instance, most perks that inflict Hemorrhage also inflict the more powerful Mangled condition (e.g. Sloppy Butcher), and the Mangled plus Hemorrhage condition pair is a decent pair to apply on a perk.

    What I wouldn’t mind seeing maybe revamped, then, is the handful of add-ons or perks which only give Hemorrhage and nothing else because mostly those are pretty weak, barring using Bloodhound in combination with it (or playing Victor).

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651696#Comment_2651696

    Totally agree. Map balance is awful and maps need to be more unsafe in general. But I still think dying because you ran out of time as opposed to being outplayed is dumb

    Well dying no....getting downed maybe.

  • Honestly just bake the current Bloodhound effect into Hemorrhage. It's still just visual blood but at least it's much more prominent and lingers.

    New Bloodhound is a blood aura reading at a short range.

  • In my opinion Hemorrhage and Mangled effects should be merged.

  • I feel like allowing survivors to be downed due to hemorrhage would be too strong. And reducing the slug timer to 2 minutes is a lot which also would make for some pretty nasty slug builds.

    Also plague and legion.

    And COH.

  • i think hemorrhage should be removed altogether. it's a junk status effect that barely aids in tracking and only exists to be used when they can't think of ideas for perk and add-on effects.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    i think hemorrhage should be removed altogether. it's a junk status effect that barely aids in tracking and only exists to be used when they can't think of ideas for perk and add-on effects.

    Helps against Iron Will! Perhaps it would be more meaningful if survivors had a perk or perks to make blood trails disappear sooner (Lucky Break just removes them entirely for a short time).

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651579#Comment_2651579

    Sloppy Butcher is a good Perk. It does not need Buffs, they made it decent when they added the Mangled-effect.

    And I mean, there have been situations where I was not healed the whole game, since I nobody healed me after an Unhook and I was not able to find a Medkit in Chests. Survivors should not be forced to run Self-Care or CoH to avoid this.

    Bleeding out twice as fast would also just make slugging stronger. Slugging is already strong and it should not get an extra incentive to do.

    IMO the "fix" to Hemorrhage is that it should be basekit for certain things (e.g. (Reverse) Bear Traps or Chainsaw Hits) and the respective Add Ons should be reworked. And Add Ons which only apply Hemorrhage should have another effect as well, so that there is no Add On which only gives Hemorrhage.

    Why is sloppy a good perk? 4 seconds more to a heal isn't good enough to waste a perk slot IMO, and with a lot of people now using CoH you don't even get that effect anymore, it's just a waste. I don't think sloppy should be changed, but the effects it has are outdated and it shows, mangled could be good if it didn't get destroyed by CoH.

    Aa fot the slugging part, I think it's a pretty interesting topic that would need a more in depth look. If suddenly the bleed out timer was twice as fast, yeah it would mean the slugging builds would be more effective but would also mean the survivor won't have to wait 4 minutes (more if teammates pick them up and so) on the ground or doing nothing until you finally die.

    I haven't played against many hard sluggers but I do remember that being the most boring part of the game, so with a faster bleed out timer the killer gets the same result they would get anyway but I can move on to another game quicker.

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651652#Comment_2651652

    Why is sloppy a good perk? 4 seconds more to a heal isn't good enough to waste a perk slot IMO, and with a lot of people now using CoH you don't even get that effect anymore, it's just a waste. I don't think sloppy should be changed, but the effects it has are outdated and it shows, mangled could be good if it didn't get destroyed by CoH.

    Aa fot the slugging part, I think it's a pretty interesting topic that would need a more in depth look. If suddenly the bleed out timer was twice as fast, yeah it would mean the slugging builds would be more effective but would also mean the survivor won't have to wait 4 minutes (more if teammates pick them up and so) on the ground or doing nothing until you finally die.

    I haven't played against many hard sluggers but I do remember that being the most boring part of the game, so with a faster bleed out timer the killer gets the same result they would get anyway but I can move on to another game quicker.

    Then it should be survivors who opt for a faster bleed out time to activate at their discretion; not as a result of haemorrhage…