Never thought id say this but I want a spirit buff

I love playing against her, as her, I literally love almost everything about her except one thing:

She's incredibly add on dependent, making her unfun without them.

Her base charge speed for haunting is unfun to play with, I bring at least a common every game to combat it if not 2 add ons. Faster charging encourages actual gameplay instead of holding W, It's a drawback that was meant for old spirit, not new spirit.

Secondly is her recharge rate. Once again, a long recharge was meant for old spirit who had a much stronger chase power. Currently she feels as though - due to slightly slower downs - she lacks in the 1v4 department.

I find it odd that Blight can have a miniscule cooldown and be 115% and spirit has a weaker chase and a weaker 1v1. Both of these changes would help her out and at that point Id argue she'd be literally perfect.

Id just build in a yellow recharge add on, yellow activation add on, then nerf the speed add ons by 2 or 3% and rework MDR to do something else.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • I'd be open to a Spirit buff provided they do something about facing her without Iron Will, which is still an incredibly frustrating experience imho.

    Fix that then you can even gut IW for all I care, too.

  • I opt for nerfing IW instead

  • Spirit is fine, the issue is Iron Will being too powerful against her. Some of her add-ons could use adjusting, but that's about it. She's in the most balanced spot she's ever been in.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    I love playing against her, as her, I literally love almost everything about her except one thing:

    She's incredibly add on dependent, making her unfun without them.

    Her base charge speed for haunting is unfun to play with, I bring at least a common every game to combat it if not 2 add ons. Faster charging encourages actual gameplay instead of holding W, It's a drawback that was meant for old spirit, not new spirit.

    Secondly is her recharge rate. Once again, a long recharge was meant for old spirit who had a much stronger chase power. Currently she feels as though - due to slightly slower downs - she lacks in the 1v4 department.

    I find it odd that Blight can have a miniscule cooldown and be 115% and spirit has a weaker chase and a weaker 1v1. Both of these changes would help her out and at that point Id argue she'd be literally perfect.

    Id just build in a yellow recharge add on, yellow activation add on, then nerf the speed add ons by 2 or 3% and rework MDR to do something else.

    Thoughts?

    thats blight needing nerfs not spirit needing buffs

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    I love playing against her, as her, I literally love almost everything about her except one thing:

    She's incredibly add on dependent, making her unfun without them.

    Her base charge speed for haunting is unfun to play with, I bring at least a common every game to combat it if not 2 add ons. Faster charging encourages actual gameplay instead of holding W, It's a drawback that was meant for old spirit, not new spirit.

    Secondly is her recharge rate. Once again, a long recharge was meant for old spirit who had a much stronger chase power. Currently she feels as though - due to slightly slower downs - she lacks in the 1v4 department.

    I find it odd that Blight can have a miniscule cooldown and be 115% and spirit has a weaker chase and a weaker 1v1. Both of these changes would help her out and at that point Id argue she'd be literally perfect.

    Id just build in a yellow recharge add on, yellow activation add on, then nerf the speed add ons by 2 or 3% and rework MDR to do something else.

    Thoughts?

    Unfortunately this is true of a lot of killers. I'm really quite tired of having a killer live or die by their addons (see: Cenobite, yes I'm still salty about that).

    Honestly, Spirit just needs a top-down Plague style rework.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I'd be open to a Spirit buff provided they do something about facing her without Iron Will, which is still an incredibly frustrating experience imho.

    Fix that then you can even gut IW for all I care, too.

    Again, yeah. She needs a teardown rework. When I play her, the game feels almost entirely decided by what addons I bring versus which perks they bring, which isn't fun for anyone.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I opt for nerfing IW instead

    Yes, make IW slowly decrease volume overtime in 7sec to 0% when not running, and increase volume in 2sec to 100% when running.

  • She needs something. She got dumpstered.

    We literally pallet loop her in solo queue now, it's sad.

  • @Blueberry said:

    She needs something. She got dumpstered.

    We literally pallet loop her in solo queue now, it's sad.

    i suspect that spirit will receive another nerf to her mother daughter ring and cherry blosom add-on combinaton. Usually when they weaken killers, they're usually destroy them completely, 100- 0.

    Spirit's not dead yet, 2 add-ons allow her to somewhat be threatful, in solo-queue but she's has no chance now vs good swf anymore, just lower-average killer now with those two add-ons, and unplayable without them. On bright side, at least its better than billy, freddy and slinger for now.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I'd be open to a Spirit buff provided they do something about facing her without Iron Will, which is still an incredibly frustrating experience imho.

    Fix that then you can even gut IW for all I care, too.

    Can we please leave her alone now? One more nerf will make her unfun to play which would put me on suicide watch :)

  • @Blueberry said:

    She needs something. She got dumpstered.

    We literally pallet loop her in solo queue now, it's sad.

    Good Spirits won’t let that happen trust me.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I opt for nerfing IW instead

    Same

  • Only if they're against bad survivors.

  • I’ve been able to beat plenty of good survivors with Spirit.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648077#Comment_2648077

    I’ve been able to beat plenty of good survivors with Spirit.

    Link the recording?

  • Spirit is fine.

    There are plenty of killers that do better with addons. Almost like, that's the point.... of... using addons?

  • I would like to see them if you do for future ones because all we have now is simply everyones opinions with nothing really objective to reference as evidence.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2647691#Comment_2647691

    Can we please leave her alone now? One more nerf will make her unfun to play which would put me on suicide watch :)

    No <3

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648103#Comment_2648103

    Let’s backlash Twins and Trickster. They deserve it more.

    Oh, I don't disagree that they need some changes more because they absolutely do. However, I still don't believe Spirit is in a healthy place right now- far healthier than she was before, please don't get me wrong there- due to the fact that she's very good when you don't have IW, and very bad when you do. I'd rather they fix this, by making all sound at like, idk, 50% volume in phase? And then from there they take IW and nerf it.

  • with her dumb new addons wich just got buffed instead of nerfed i gladly will say no

  • @hiken said:

    with her dumb new addons wich just got buffed instead of nerfed i gladly will say no

    Buffed? How on earth?

    Her green speed, charge, and duration got removed (three of her best), purple lunge range got removed, Fathers glasses was deleted. And her basekit got a nerf.

    The only decent add on we got from the rework was cherry blossom, which IMO is just for people who find tracking in her ability hard and for indoor maps. Thankfully yellow charge, speed, duration, and recharge are still there which are pretty good.

    There was no buff to her add ons.

  • I personally feel as though if the map is right a spirit will get looped. Under a balanced situation with add ons I think shes fine.

    Her base kit gets SO screwed by W keying its annoying.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648103#Comment_2648103

    Let’s backlash Twins and Trickster. They deserve it more.

    Also leave my trickster alone for me and the other Deathslinger migrants >:(

  • @hiken said:

    with her dumb new addons wich just got buffed instead of nerfed i gladly will say no

    You should probably read patch notes. She got nerfed and is in good spot now.

  • @Blueberry said:

    She needs something. She got dumpstered.

    We literally pallet loop her in solo queue now, it's sad.

    She's literally unplayable.

    Every time I try to queue up as Spirit, BHVR reaches through my screen to hold me down as every survivor currently playing takes turns slapping me while the Seinfeld theme plays.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2647738#Comment_2647738

    She's literally unplayable.

    Every time I try to queue up as Spirit, BHVR reaches through my screen to hold me down as every survivor currently playing takes turns slapping me while the Seinfeld theme plays.

    No that's what happens when you play slinger now not spirit. :)