What if Flashlights applied a Hinder to the Killer?
Flashlights (and Flashbangs/Firecrackers) for the most part are rarely used outside of when the Killer is in an animation lock (as well as being countered by Headphones if it's not a pickup animation lock) as they only take effect when shining it on the Killers face, outside of a few edge-case Lightburn features of Killers Powers.
How annoying would they be if they applied a Hinder when shown on the Killer in general? If they were to do that, how long would it take to apply the Hinder/how much battery used? Should the Flashlight keep the pickup-stun as a base-kit feature if they could Hinder as well, or should that be moved to an addon (or the Hinder as an addon)?
Comments
Oh great, the clicky clicky brigade could be even more obnoxious.
That would be awful.
TBH most of the time I get clicky-clicky's they usually are way too invested in getting a Flashlight save to do anything remotely useful for their team. Way I look at it, if more players want to try and Hinder the Killer to Hook, that's more time they're not spending on gens.
Huh, but now that I think of it, that could be something that is exclusive to Firecrackers/Flashbangs to make them unique.
But a Flashbang/Firecracker is far too instant to allow any significant kind of Hinder, it may make them meta? Perhaps only if they reset Bloodlust... hmm.
No. That'd make flashlights unbearable and Lightborn a hard requirement to even play Killer. Killers being able to track you by sound while blinded is a feature, not a bug.
At this point should just drop the formalities and survivors should just ask for a Gun to shoot the killer's ankles with.
What a nice idea.
I mean at the moment flashlights/blinds are mainly considered Offensive Tools (for Pickup stuns, or Wraith/Nurse's Lightburn stun), not really defensive tools (outside of Pallet/Vault blinds and Hag's Traps). A Hinder would be a more defensive focus.
And yeah, if the slowdown is ever too easy to perform or require too little Item charge usage, it would indeed make them too oppressive. Would need something like a %charge loss for a successful blind/hinder rather than the current allowance for extreme efficiency depending on skill.
Survivor Mains LOL keep going...
for a boon
Lol that made me chuckle , I know you're joking but I would honestly like to see a gun make it in as an item with one shot that stuns the killer like a pallet
No
Also no. That'd be busted especially when the Killer is carrying a Survivor. Insta-drop with little effort.
Flashbang already does that so I don't see an issue, just yesterday I flashbanged a killer that was literally right into the wall and got the save so what's the difference? I'm only getting one shot compared to multiple flashbang it's hardly broken
Flashbang relies on LoS to the Killers camera and also requires timing (or the Killer not knowing about blind saves), it doesn't just stun the Killer whenever (Unless it's a cloaked Wraith or blink charging Nurse). So not sure how that worked for you, but you got lucky, that is not the norm (nor should it be).
I see quite a few flashbangs. They are very powerful if you know how to use them, and sometimes result in nearly inescapable blinds/drops.
But...no.
If I recall, there was a period where flashlight stuns were guaranteed and almost instantaneous. It was absolutely miserable for killers.
Flashlights are a problem item and could easily be removed from the game without much effect on either side. They are mostly used to BM. In maybe 90% of cases, they do nothing and the other 10% are the 'wait is this guy hacking, how on earth did I get blinded?' moments.
And if you removed the blind stun completely, and only the Hinder remained?
It works off of radius you just have to drop it at the killers side as close to them and the wall as you can , I assure you there was no way LOS played a factor it would've been an impossible flashlight save
It'd have to be a LoS factor, otherwise it shouldn't matter where you drop it (to the side or behind) so long as the timing is correct. And if it isn't a LoS factor, that's a problem, because most players likely run it under the assumption that it's a LoS factor and its full brokenness hasn't been fully exploited by the general community.
I'm thinking it's a radius deal whenever you're so close to it , maybe it is a bug? But that's how it's currently working
Huh. Well, hopefully some youtuber does some testing on it or something.
Lol no.
Ah, yeah, it's a result of the Flashbang being dropped slightly in front of the Survivor allowing it to get "in front" of the Killer. Still not sure why that blinds the Killer though (the angle seems bad):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXE3h9sDpWs
Would rather they have some form of blindness effect where they can't see scratchmarks/aura's for a couple of seconds so they are actually usefull outside of saves