Bubba is the reason i play this game....

i dont know why but i have a obsession with bubba.. he is so cute man

everyone hates him and is like ehwww but i could play all game long against him

not sure why, maybe because he looks silly or bubba players are mostly 4heads but he is ma boi seriously

and the moment he facecampes me oh gosh, thats the best feeling.

am i really the only one getting butterflies in the stomach when you see him from the distance?

and thats not a troll post, seriously.

stop hating my bubi

Comments

  • I’ve felt this same way with Spirit for a long time.

  • Bubba is my favorite killer. Love going against him too!!

  • BHVR needs to put on a BubbaFest weekend event. All Bubbas earn 10x bloodpoints

  • @raze_ said:

    i dont know why but i have a obsession with bubba.. he is so cute man

    everyone hates him and is like ehwww but i could play all game long against him

    not sure why, maybe because he looks silly or bubba players are mostly 4heads but he is ma boi seriously

    and the moment he facecampes me oh gosh, thats the best feeling.

    am i really the only one getting butterflies in the stomach when you see him from the distance?

    and thats not a troll post, seriously.

    stop hating my bubi

    @GannTM said:

    I’ve felt this same way with Spirit for a long time.

    Looks like my new meme can server both of you.

    https://twitter.com/C3_Tooth/status/1458656541100240897/photo/1


  • Bubba is cool and all but clown is the only reason I play killer in the first place

  • Bubba is nice, no wonder I bought him on my second day of playing DBD.

    Though I miss his old self.

  • I have the same feeling with Charlotte and Victor. Their story is so dramatic, I cant see them as a threat.

    Im French and I think they represent a dark time of my country. When people demonize the things they dont understand.

    If Charlotte and Victor were born nowadays maybe they could have live happy 😢

  • @GeneralV said:

    Bubba is nice, no wonder I bought him on my second day of playing DBD.

    Though I miss his old self.

    what was his old self like? I love him the way he is now.

  • Bubba is both fun to play as and against

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630264#Comment_2630264

    what was his old self like? I love him the way he is now.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT7RNM3b4nU&ab_channel=Monto

    He was weaker, mostly because of the movement speed penalty while charging up his chainsaw.

    Getting rid of that could've fixed him and it would have been way better then the "charges" system, imho.

    Oh, and he shared add-ons with Billy! I always liked that.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630264#Comment_2630264

    what was his old self like? I love him the way he is now.

    Rushed and awful

    Put on Carburetors Tuning Guide and you pretty much have old Bubba

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630356#Comment_2630356

    Rushed and awful

    Put on Carburetors Tuning Guide and you pretty much have old Bubba

    My friend...you should leave the talks about old stuff to me.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630377#Comment_2630377

    My friend...you should leave the talks about old stuff to me.

    You werent even there for Bubba's release tho

    When he released even as a new player it was so obvious that he was rushed as hell, first of all he just came out with literally no warning. No PTB, only a teaser that came out I believe a few days before but the devs did weekly dev streams at that time and no where in their roadmap did it say they were releasing a new killer

    His add ons and some of his animations were/are just directly from Billy (if you slow down Bubba's pallet stun animation you could (pretty sure you still can) see him briefly have Hillbilly's idle pose near the end of the stun

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630384#Comment_2630384

    You werent even there for Bubba's release tho

    When he released even as a new player it was so obvious that he was rushed as hell, first of all he just came out with literally no warning. No PTB, only a teaser that came out I believe a few days before but the devs did weekly dev streams at that time and no where in their roadmap did it say they were releasing a new killer

    His add ons and some of his animations were/are just directly from Billy (if you slow down Bubba's pallet stun animation you could (pretty sure you still can) see him briefly have Hillbilly's idle pose near the end of the stun

    My friend...

    Bubba was released on September of 2017. I joined the Fog on December of 2018.

    In this period of time, Leatherface received only a single change, which was a nerf on how Bloodlust worked with his power. You and I, as new players, experienced almost the exact same killer.

    Don't just say "Rushed and awful" about my old stuff man.

    It is mean.

    :(

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630264#Comment_2630264

    what was his old self like? I love him the way he is now.

    His old self was broken in the worst way. He was the actual worst killer in the game, because his add-ons didn't work or were detrimental, and his chainsaw sweep acceleration was bugged for years. You had to be sniffing the survivor's hair when you started revving to actually hit them unless you ran PWYF, and even then that extended Bubba's usable range only maybe 2 meters at 3 stacks. He was effectively nothing but an M1 because he just didn't work at all.

    The ONLY reason people bought him was for BBQ, and for facecamping memes. He was that bad.

  • BHVR, bring a Bubba skin for Survivors please!!!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EenVZOC8NiM

    i pay everything for a bubba skin!!!!! <3

  • @awustzdn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630356#Comment_2630356

    His old self was broken in the worst way. He was the actual worst killer in the game, because his add-ons didn't work or were detrimental, and his chainsaw sweep acceleration was bugged for years. You had to be sniffing the survivor's hair when you started revving to actually hit them unless you ran PWYF, and even then that extended Bubba's usable range only maybe 2 meters at 3 stacks. He was effectively nothing but an M1 because he just didn't work at all.

    The ONLY reason people bought him was for BBQ, and for facecamping memes. He was that bad.

    Buddy, I think Wraith was WAY worse than Leatherface back then.

    "You had to be sniffing the survivor's hair when you started revving to actually hit them unless you ran PWYF, and even then that extended Bubba's usable range only maybe 2 meters at 3 stacks"

    Now this...this was the worse about him. I never understood what was the point of having a movement speed penalty while charging up his chainsaw, considering that it didn't give you any type of mobility.

  • @raze_ said:

    i dont know why but i have a obsession with bubba.. he is so cute man

    everyone hates him and is like ehwww but i could play all game long against him

    not sure why, maybe because he looks silly or bubba players are mostly 4heads but he is ma boi seriously

    and the moment he facecampes me oh gosh, thats the best feeling.

    am i really the only one getting butterflies in the stomach when you see him from the distance?

    and thats not a troll post, seriously.

    stop hating my bubi

    Nothing scares me more than a Bubba in his business suit, waiting for tax season while I'm on the hook. By the way, the Entity is tax season and Bubba is getting a big payout.

  • I feel exactly the same my man. And I didn't play Bubba that much since the rework.

    Bubba is too cute. My mood always improves when I see him in the fog. Idc who wins.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630554#Comment_2630554

    Buddy, I think Wraith was WAY worse than Leatherface back then.

    "You had to be sniffing the survivor's hair when you started revving to actually hit them unless you ran PWYF, and even then that extended Bubba's usable range only maybe 2 meters at 3 stacks"

    Now this...this was the worse about him. I never understood what was the point of having a movement speed penalty while charging up his chainsaw, considering that it didn't give you any type of mobility.

    I'd actually argue OG Wraith was still better. Even if double Windstorm was mandatory to stand a chance, he at least HAD double Windstorm. Bubba had nothing but a bunch of bugged, useless add-ons.

  • @awustzdn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630570#Comment_2630570

    I'd actually argue OG Wraith was still better. Even if double Windstorm was mandatory to stand a chance, he at least HAD double Windstorm. Bubba had nothing but a bunch of bugged, useless add-ons.

    Perhaps.

    I still think removing the penalty and making sure his add-ons did work would have been a better approach, instead of the "charges system".

    Not really a fan of that, ya know?

    But that is just me.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630377#Comment_2630377

    Isn't that add-on bugged? Slows you down way more than it should. Is that really old bubba?

    Bubba used to move pretty darn slow with his chainsaw and it only lasted 3 seconds

    Carburators makes it last much longer than 3 seconds but makes him move a lot slower, even slower than it used to before

    So not exactly old Bubba, but the closest we'll get

  • @awustzdn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630356#Comment_2630356

    His old self was broken in the worst way. He was the actual worst killer in the game, because his add-ons didn't work or were detrimental, and his chainsaw sweep acceleration was bugged for years. You had to be sniffing the survivor's hair when you started revving to actually hit them unless you ran PWYF, and even then that extended Bubba's usable range only maybe 2 meters at 3 stacks. He was effectively nothing but an M1 because he just didn't work at all.

    The ONLY reason people bought him was for BBQ, and for facecamping memes. He was that bad.

    I only bought him for BBQ, then I started playing him and I was obsessed.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630554#Comment_2630554

    I only bought him for BBQ, then I started playing him and I was obsessed.

    For sure, nowadays he's a lot of fun. I main him currently myself and I love it, he's so effective now that it's unbelievable just how awful he used to be. But if you look up old tierlists, the fact is you'll see Bubba was consistently placed around the very bottom, usually alongside pre-rework Wraith and pre-rework Clown.

  • Hot Hot Hot! He makes a GOOD STEW and CHILI !

  • @Leatherface1990 said:

    Hot Hot Hot! He makes a GOOD STEW and CHILI !

    I’m sure he makes the best chili in the world.

  • Bubba is so adorable.

    The man waddles when he walks, how tf are you gonna hate him?

    Plus his face camps are extra spicy😂

  • @GeneralV said:

    Bubba is nice, no wonder I bought him on my second day of playing DBD.

    Though I miss his old self.

    Old Bubba was awful because you couldn't use his power in most loops and the fact that he was Billy with no mobility and very little anti-loop, but I will admit charging up your chainsaw by holding it down and then releasing the button was quite relaxing. Plus, I miss Nemesis and PWYF meta on him, but that's about it, I'm glad he was reworked.

    Old Bubba should just be playable via a brown add-on IMO. I made a concept for an add-on to turn him into old Bubba:

    • The chainsaw is now activated by releasing the power button. Fully charging it up and releasing the power button will unleash the chainsaw sweep. Releasing the power button without fully charging it up will immediately cancel it.
    • Reduces charge count to 1. The charge count is capped.
    • Increases the base chainsaw sweep duration by 1 second.
    • Increases the revving threshold of the chainsaw by 5 seconds.
    • Charges immediately replenish.
  • Look at that smile o.o he's adorable!

  • All hail our Lord and saviour Bubba. And do bones.