Should freddy be reverted

Comments

  • Devs said definitively this would never happen and for good reason.

    Good riddance. I (and I think most people that were present for Freddy V1.0) am glad such foolish cries will only ever fall on deaf ears.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    Devs said definitively this would never happen and for good reason.

    Good riddance. I (and I think most people that were present for Freddy V1.0) am glad such foolish cries will only ever fall on deaf ears.

    This sounds like its the description of one of the plagues perks

  • You mean to pre rework state or the nerf after the rework?

  • @Shaped said:

    You mean to pre rework state or the nerf after the rework?

    Pre-rework

  • I think he would be too weak for the current game unless they make some tweaks.

    He is too weak even now.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623094#Comment_2623094

    I think he would be too weak for the current game unless they make some tweaks.

    He is too weak even now.

    case.

    I know GeneralV had a good idea, let me see if I can find it.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623099#Comment_2623099

    case.

    I know GeneralV had a good idea, let me see if I can find it.

    Here

    Pull survivors into the Dream World


    -Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

    -Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

    -The Nightmare’s Movement Speed Penalty for putting a survivor into the Dream Transition lasts for 1 second.

    -During the Dream Transition Survivors can see The Nightmare intermittently and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

    -When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.


    Once in the Dream World:


    -Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

    -Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

    -To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

    -Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up.

    -Hooked Survivors wake up.


    Special Ability: Dream Projection


    -Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

    -Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

    “You have nothing to worry about. This won’t hurt one… little… bit.” -Freddy Krueger


    Of course credit where its due - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/profile/GeneralV

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623100#Comment_2623100

    Here

    Pull survivors into the Dream World

    -Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

    -Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

    -The Nightmare’s Movement Speed Penalty for putting a survivor into the Dream Transition lasts for 1 second.

    -During the Dream Transition Survivors can see The Nightmare intermittently and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

    -When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.

    Once in the Dream World:

    -Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

    -Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

    -To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

    -Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up.

    -Hooked Survivors wake up.

    Special Ability: Dream Projection

    -Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

    -Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

    “You have nothing to worry about. This won’t hurt one… little… bit.” -Freddy Krueger

    Of course credit where its due - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/profile/GeneralV

    Interesting. I'm almost positive they will never bring it back unfortunately.

    I sure miss some of the things that are gone from time to time too tho.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623102#Comment_2623102

    Interesting. I'm almost positive they will never bring it back unfortunately.

    I sure miss some of the things that are gone from time to time too tho.

    As a person who started playing this game only during the 5th year anniversary, I wish I knew the old times.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623119#Comment_2623119

    As a person who started playing this game only during the 5th year anniversary, I wish I knew the old times.

    You will know the old times (although different) if you stick long enough don't you worry ;).

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623067#Comment_2623067

    "And the tears of the nonbelieving infidels, crying at the feet of the nightmare, shall only fall upon hostile ears"

    Renjiro Doctrine 13:1

    "Why are there no knock knock jokes in America?

    Because Freedom Rings"

    The Many Compositions of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Calyborne Carter, Ralph A. Larson, Penny E. Richardson, & Louis T. Harrison, eds. 1979

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623075#Comment_2623075

    "Why are there no knock knock jokes in America?

    Because Freedom Rings"

    The Many Compositions of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Calyborne Carter, Ralph A. Larson, Penny E. Richardson, & Louis T. Harrison, eds. 1979

    ye

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623127#Comment_2623127

    You will know the old times (although different) if you stick long enough don't you worry ;).

    That I will, see ya round.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623100#Comment_2623100

    Here

    Pull survivors into the Dream World

    -Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

    -Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

    -The Nightmare’s Movement Speed Penalty for putting a survivor into the Dream Transition lasts for 1 second.

    -During the Dream Transition Survivors can see The Nightmare intermittently and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

    -When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.

    Once in the Dream World:

    -Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

    -Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

    -To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

    -Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up.

    -Hooked Survivors wake up.

    Special Ability: Dream Projection

    -Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

    -Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

    “You have nothing to worry about. This won’t hurt one… little… bit.” -Freddy Krueger

    Of course credit where its due - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/profile/GeneralV

    So the only way for Survivors to fall asleep is if Freddy pulls them in? Or will Survivors passively fall asleep?

    Also, remove

    "Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up"

    While in the Dream World the only way that a Survivor should be able to wake themselves up is through the Alarm clock. (Or have another Awake Survivor wake them up/get Hooked)

  • @Seiko300 said:

    Devs said definitively this would never happen and for good reason.

    Good riddance. I (and I think most people that were present for Freddy V1.0) am glad such foolish cries will only ever fall on deaf ears.

    This. A certain someone has gone around convincing everyone that a boring slowdown killer with no chase potential who needed 20 minute games to win was better than what we have now.

    Their only big point is old Freddy being "unique". Well, they were unfun to go against and not fun to play as for the majority.

    I can pull up videos of old Freddy since I think people have forgotten, I know exactly where they are. Tru3 and Noob3 both did videos on them. Tru3's entire matches highlighted everything in particular. M1 Killers are not fun to play as, which is what Freddy was but worse for both sides.

    Freddy being gone is good. If you want Freddy gameplay so badly, make a new Killer with the same gameplay but better to play as and against.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623067#Comment_2623067

    This. A certain someone has gone around convincing everyone that a boring slowdown killer with no chase potential who needed 20 minute games to win was better than what we have now.

    Their only big point is old Freddy being "unique". Well, they were unfun to go against and not fun to play as for the majority.

    I can pull up videos of old Freddy since I think people have forgotten, I know exactly where they are. Tru3 and Noob3 both did videos on them. Tru3's entire matches highlighted everything in particular. M1 Killers are not fun to play as, which is what Freddy was but worse for both sides.

    Freddy being gone is good. If you want Freddy gameplay so badly, make a new Killer with the same gameplay but better to play as and against.

    Are you talking this certain someone on the forums?

    If so than that leaves out everyone but 1 guy

  • @AnObserver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623102#Comment_2623102

    So the only way for Survivors to fall asleep is if Freddy pulls them in? Or will Survivors passively fall asleep?

    Also, remove

    "Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up"

    While in the Dream World the only way that a Survivor should be able to wake themselves up is through the Alarm clock. (Or have another Awake Survivor wake them up/get Hooked)

    This rework isnt my own idea, btw.

    it belongs to GeneralV

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623256#Comment_2623256

    Are you talking this certain someone on the forums?

    If so than that leaves out everyone but 1 guy

    I'm trying to avoid name and shame, but yes it's them. I'm more than confident they're the source of wanting old Freddy back. Even though I've already shut them down, they still continue.

    I have to count on the devs ignoring the forums on this one. Because I've brought up the same problems to them, and they don't care.

    What do you think about the rest of what I wrote?

    EDIT: Heck, they might still consider this name and shame as it is. Honestly, this is inescapable, the source of this is obvious and addressing this should be important.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623100#Comment_2623100

    Here

    Pull survivors into the Dream World

    -Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

    -Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

    -The Nightmare’s Movement Speed Penalty for putting a survivor into the Dream Transition lasts for 1 second.

    -During the Dream Transition Survivors can see The Nightmare intermittently and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

    -When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.

    Once in the Dream World:

    -Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

    -Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

    -To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

    -Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up.

    -Hooked Survivors wake up.

    Special Ability: Dream Projection

    -Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

    -Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

    “You have nothing to worry about. This won’t hurt one… little… bit.” -Freddy Krueger

    Of course credit where its due - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/profile/GeneralV

    So, basically, GeneralV wants old Freddy gameplay back.

    Does Freddy have to go through the entire process of pulling people back in to hit them? Because that was a disaster, which can be easily proven.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623258#Comment_2623258

    I'm trying to avoid name and shame, but yes it's them. I'm more than confident they're the source of wanting old Freddy back. Even though I've already shut them down, they still continue.

    I have to count on the devs ignoring the forums on this one. Because I've brought up the same problems to them, and they don't care.

    What do you think about the rest of what I wrote?

    @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623102#Comment_2623102

    So, basically, GeneralV wants old Freddy gameplay back, as expected.

    Does Freddy have to go through the entire process of pulling people back in to hit them? Because that was a disaster, which can be easily proven.

    I dont really have an opinion on old freddy, was wondering what everyone else was thinking, as I joined this game during year 5 anniversary.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623261#Comment_2623261

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623266#Comment_2623266

    I dont really have an opinion on old freddy, was wondering what everyone else was thinking, as I joined this game during year 5 anniversary.

    Most of the complaints about old Freddy vanished with the rework, and Freddy was no longer considered the worst Killer in the game. He was F tier, F for Freddy.

    https://youtu.be/7eZcTxy4YHA

    I'd have to look for Tru3 videos where Survivors know how to destroy old Freddy. But even without the specific "good Survivors vs old Freddy" videos, it is extremely easy to destroy Freddy even in solo queue. Just don't respect sleep. He's an M1 Killer in practice. Loop him like any other Killer and you're fine.

    People on the forums, typically people with high post counts, have forgotten why old Freddy was bad.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623269#Comment_2623269

    Most of the complaints about old Freddy vanished with the rework, and Freddy was no longer considered the worst Killer in the game. He was F tier, F for Freddy.

    https://youtu.be/7eZcTxy4YHA

    I'd have to look for Tru3 videos where Survivors know how to destroy old Freddy. But even without the specific "good Survivors vs old Freddy" videos, it is extremely easy to destroy Freddy even in solo queue. Just don't respect sleep. He's an M1 Killer in practice. Loop him like any other Killer and you're fine.

    What abilities did he even have to mean there was a section of the game where you were immune to him?

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623292#Comment_2623292

    What abilities did he even have to mean there was a section of the game where you were immune to him?

    Yup. Freddy straight up could not attack Survivors, they had to be asleep for him to touch them. Waking up was fairly easy and there wasn't too much risk to not waking up aside from getting aura revealed when outside of his TR.

    Meaning that you needed to make a Survivor enter the Dream Transition, then after several seconds, THEN they can be hit. This was a massive problem for several reasons, namely that Freddy could be heard via lullaby so they could start running, and the Dream Transition consistently let Survivors run to loops without any kind of fear.

    Freddy's sole power? Pulling people into Dream World. He couldn't do anything else with his R2. He was almost a pure M1 Killer. Worst Killer in the game by far.


  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623294#Comment_2623294

    Yup. Freddy straight up could not attack Survivors, they had to be asleep for him to touch them. Waking up was fairly easy and there wasn't too much risk to not waking up aside from getting aura revealed when outside of his TR.

    Meaning that you needed to make a Survivor enter the Dream Transition, then after several seconds, THEN they can be hit. This was a massive problem for several reasons, namely that Freddy could be heard via lullaby so they could start running, and the Dream Transition consistently let Survivors run to loops without any kind of fear.

    Freddy's sole power? Pulling people into Dream World. He couldn't do anything else with his R2. He was almost a pure M1 Killer. Worst Killer in the game by far.

    God - Survivors would need to be more or less exposed to make that worth it.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623300#Comment_2623300

    God - Survivors would need to be more or less exposed to make that worth it.

    Kinda, yeah. Aura reading is not enough, we've seen with Legion that what matters most is downing, since that's what stops gens. Tracking and injuring is fine and all, but that's not what wins games.

    And now with boons? Old Freddy is unthinkable lmao He'd be destroyed harder than ever.

    I assume someone will come in with "Overcharge on Freddy", the only issue is that this is reliant on Survivors intentionally missing the check because they don't want to be asleep. If the Survivors decide to remain asleep, you get nothing from it.

    And even if you take advantage of aura reading to always know when to come back, old Freddy would be reliant on 3 gens, and even 3 genning becomes extremely difficult if all 4 Survivors are alive. Which is likely to happen with the MMR system in place.

    Not to mention that 3 genning is uninteractive for both sides, and if the Survivors make sure that 3 gen never happens, it's GG for Freddy. Freddy would need NOED and basically every endgame perk to make a comeback. And because of Dream Transition, Survivors could still for BT saves, even if you sleeped a Survivor before they even got close to the hook.

    I played as old Freddy. I remember how my games would go, and I watched videos. It's best for every side that old Freddy NEVER returns.

    EDIT: If you'd like, I can try to find some actual matches. That video is edited and I'm sure someone will call that out, but full matches of old Freddy can be found with some deep digging on Tru3's channel.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    Devs said definitively this would never happen and for good reason.

    Good riddance. I (and I think most people that were present for Freddy V1.0) am glad such foolish cries will only ever fall on deaf ears.

    Foolish cries, huh?

    And who do you think you are to call our pleas "foolish"?

    First of all, the Old Freddy you are thinking about isn't even "V1.0". That would be his on-release version, who was actually the fourth strongest killer in the game at the time.

    Additionally, your comment is just plain wrong. There were several, and I mean several, threads proving that most people definitely want him back. The absolute majority of the community, I might add. Heck, look at the very poll you are commenting on.

    I was here for the Old Freddy (or Freddy "V2.0", as you would call it), mained for him for months on end until his rework dropped, knew his strengths and weaknesses inside out. All of that lost because of the terrible decision to completely change him, without ever taking his players into consideration.

    We want our killer back, and there is nothing foolish about that.

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC5gKOT6TwI

    This old freddy?

    Tbh he seems pretty strong

    Maybe I should do my own research more often.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623100#Comment_2623100

    Here

    Pull survivors into the Dream World

    -Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

    -Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

    -The Nightmare’s Movement Speed Penalty for putting a survivor into the Dream Transition lasts for 1 second.

    -During the Dream Transition Survivors can see The Nightmare intermittently and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

    -When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.

    Once in the Dream World:

    -Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

    -Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

    -To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

    -Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up.

    -Hooked Survivors wake up.

    Special Ability: Dream Projection

    -Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

    -Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

    “You have nothing to worry about. This won’t hurt one… little… bit.” -Freddy Krueger

    Of course credit where its due - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/profile/GeneralV

    Thanks :)

    I really appreciate it.

  • Old Freddy was not fun to play as or against. People are way too nostalgic if they actually want that back, because he essentially had little to no actual pressure that even basic m1 killers would have.

    Freddy was boring then and he's boring now. A mix of the two could be cool though maybe.

  • @Badonkadonk said:

    Old Freddy was not fun to play as or against. People are way too nostalgic if they actually want that back, because he essentially had little to no actual pressure that even basic m1 killers would have.

    Freddy was boring then and he's boring now. A mix of the two could be cool though maybe.

    An intresting idea.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC5gKOT6TwI

    This old freddy?

    Tbh he seems pretty strong

    Monto is kinda casual tbh, more of the entertainer than serious player. He did a lot of these kind of videos. I wouldn't take it too seriously from a single Freddy match. You have to take into account a caliber of survivors also.

    As much as I miss old Freddy, he is not fit for the current game if they don't buff him, and like I said previously he was definitely weak even back then.

    I don't like how weak the current Freddy is but at least you have something. Also endgame with old Freddy was basically nonexistant in most cases considering you had to waste time putting people into sleep before you hit them. It was painful.


    It is just my opinion btw I am not stating anything as a fact.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623329#Comment_2623329

    Monto is kinda casual tbh, more of the entertainer than serious player. He did a lot of these kind of videos. I wouldn't take it too seriously from a single Freddy match. You have to take into account a caliber of survivors also.

    As much as I miss old Freddy, he is not fit for the current game if they don't buff him, and like I said previously he was definitely weak even back then.

    I don't like how weak the current Freddy is but at least you have something. Also endgame with old Freddy was basically nonexistant in most cases considering you had to waste time putting people into sleep before you hit them. It was painful.

    It is just my opinion btw I am not stating anything as a fact.

    i would like to see how the devs would reimplement old freddy

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623329#Comment_2623329

    Monto is kinda casual tbh, more of the entertainer than serious player. He did a lot of these kind of videos. I wouldn't take it too seriously from a single Freddy match. You have to take into account a caliber of survivors also.

    As much as I miss old Freddy, he is not fit for the current game if they don't buff him, and like I said previously he was definitely weak even back then.

    I don't like how weak the current Freddy is but at least you have something. Also endgame with old Freddy was basically nonexistant in most cases considering you had to waste time putting people into sleep before you hit them. It was painful.

    It is just my opinion btw I am not stating anything as a fact.

    That is why I insist on his return with a few buffs and QoL improvements.

    When it comes to Old Freddy, I dare say that no one is as devoted and dedicated as I am. I assure you it would be enough.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623355#Comment_2623355

    That is why I insist on his return with a few buffs and QoL improvements.

    When it comes to Old Freddy, I dare say that no one is as devoted and dedicated as I am. I assure you it would be enough.

    I mean slowdown would be a ######### to deal with in the current meta.

    Freddy would likely have a pretty strong prescence.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623358#Comment_2623358

    I mean slowdown would be a ######### to deal with in the current meta.

    A 40 % slowdown that can be removed entirely in less than a second, in a game that lacks Old Ruin and Old Dying Light, where the gen rush is supposedly a constant threat?

    Hardly a problem.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623360#Comment_2623360

    A 40 % slowdown that can be removed entirely in less than a second, in a game that lacks Old Ruin and Old Dying Light, where the gen rush is supposedly a constant threat?

    Hardly a problem.

    I wish I played in the older patches.

    Everything seemed so much better.

    Gens taking up to 2x longer would be much better than whatever these snare/pallets are tho

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623362#Comment_2623362

    I wish I played in the older patches.

    Everything seemed so much better.

    Gens taking up to 2x longer would be much better than whatever these snare/pallets are tho

    Precisely.

    That is why I make it my mission to bring my dear main back.

    And other things too, if I can :)

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623362#Comment_2623362

    I wish I played in the older patches.

    Everything seemed so much better.

    Gens taking up to 2x longer would be much better than whatever these snare/pallets are tho

    I liked the old ruin slowdown on less mobile killers. Most will hate me for this that is why I kinda understand general and I'm not writing anything off before I see it in action.

    I am just against bringing him up exactly like he was before.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623366#Comment_2623366

    I liked the old ruin slowdown on less mobile killers. Most will hate me for this that is why I kinda understand general and I'm not writing anything off before I see it in action.

    I am just against bringing him up exactly like he was before.

    How was old ruin, it was stuff to do with skillchecks right? The information is.. less than helpful.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623370#Comment_2623370

    How was old ruin, it was stuff to do with skillchecks right? The information is.. less than helpful.

    Yeah. If you didn't hit greats gen regressed.

    I know majority thinks everyone can hit greats majority of the time but that is not true from my observation.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623380#Comment_2623380

    Yeah. If you didn't hit greats gen regressed.

    I know majority thinks everyone can hit greats majority of the time but that is not true from my observation.

    Thats a nice perk tbh, a pain in the ass for new players though.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623391#Comment_2623391

    Thats a nice perk tbh, a pain in the ass for new players though.

    Yeah it wasn't too pleasant. When I said bring him back I meant freddy btw.

    I wouldn't bring back old ruin lol. I just think it worked better for me sometimes than the new one on slower killers.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623067#Comment_2623067

    Foolish cries, huh?

    And who do you think you are to call our pleas "foolish"?

    First of all, the Old Freddy you are thinking about isn't even "V1.0". That would be his on-release version, who was actually the fourth strongest killer in the game at the time.

    Additionally, your comment is just plain wrong. There were several, and I mean several, threads proving that most people definitely want him back. The absolute majority of the community, I might add. Heck, look at the very poll you are commenting on.

    I was here for the Old Freddy (or Freddy "V2.0", as you would call it), mained for him for months on end until his rework dropped, knew his strengths and weaknesses inside out. All of that lost because of the terrible decision to completely change him, without ever taking his players into consideration.

    We want our killer back, and there is nothing foolish about that.

    Good on you man. I love old Freddy, and if there are people that enjoyed his old self, that is OK.

  • Oh...Thanks for the heads up. Wish I knew about this before writing my response.

  • As much as I miss old Freddy, I don't think he would work in current DBD unless they made some tweaks to his power.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623067#Comment_2623067

    Foolish cries, huh?

    And who do you think you are to call our pleas "foolish"?

    First of all, the Old Freddy you are thinking about isn't even "V1.0". That would be his on-release version, who was actually the fourth strongest killer in the game at the time.

    Additionally, your comment is just plain wrong. There were several, and I mean several, threads proving that most people definitely want him back. The absolute majority of the community, I might add. Heck, look at the very poll you are commenting on.

    I was here for the Old Freddy (or Freddy "V2.0", as you would call it), mained for him for months on end until his rework dropped, knew his strengths and weaknesses inside out. All of that lost because of the terrible decision to completely change him, without ever taking his players into consideration.

    We want our killer back, and there is nothing foolish about that.

    A guy that's been playing the game for 5 years since 2016 that's who I think I am. I have every right of experience to voice my opinion and call out others for what I think is a foolish one.

    Old Freddy excelled at absolutely nothing except slowdown, by all standards his power wasn't all that incredibly unique to begin with, and the playstyle that he encouraged wasn't fun to play as a killer and it especially wasn't fun to play against as survivors. Essentially slowing down the progress of generators to the point of creating a near stalemate but without actually gaining any ground or applying any significant pressure that would get the killer any closer to his goals of 12 hooking or 4 kills. Old Freddy was anything but fun, he was obnoxious, and the very definition of a passive killer whose entire kit operated passively. The extremely narrow amount of wiggle room where a Freddy main could hone their skills to be better through little tricks like mindgaming your intermittent view was so incredibly niche, it's beyond me that these small things somehow convinced people Freddy was anywhere close to even a mediocre killer.

    And as far as majority goes let me remind that it was the majority of the playerbase at the time that pushed long and hard for two full years for Freddy's extensive rework. If the devs didn't see a monumental community effort to revamp his entire power they wouldn't have raised a finger to change him, because the chapter had already been out for two whole years by the time his rework came in Patch 3.1.0 and they had already made money off the sales for the chapter. But they saw the sheer amount of people who were making all the right points with all the evidence to back up their claims and it actually happened.

    You want to talk about a majority that could push to create change? That was a majority which created change. Not this piddly 48% - 40% between Yes / Probably and No / Probably not. (As of writing).

    "We want our killer back" Bah.

    All I see is a loud minority equipped with their rose tinted glasses and whispering sweet nothings about a past that never even existed.


    Again- that coffin was SEALED away, nailed shut, and buried 60 feet under ground in solid concrete. Even if you could argue that it was worth the time to reverse the change, it wouldn't matter. It Is. Never. Going. To. Happen. Ever.

    And again, I'm glad for it.

    @SOMENINJANAME said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623321#Comment_2623321

    Good on you man. That guy rights articles to every poll always throwing in some offensive negativity while trying to seem briliant. Me and my mates are always laughing when we make a poll and he writes some long, negative, and overthought response. I love old Freddy, and if there are people that enjoyed his old self, that is OK.

    That's not true!

    I also write long and overthought responses in the lore section. Sometimes, not as frequent though, lore doesn't get as much interesting activity going on community wise.

    That aside, I'm glad you've been reading my responses at least 😁


    Also, I find it incredibly ironic you're introducing him to "the guy that's always on the forums and is always negative" when you're talking to a guy who has literally thousands more posts on the forums than I do. I checked- I've almost got a third of his total so far.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623321#Comment_2623321

    A guy that's been playing the game for 5 years since 2016 that's who I think I am. I have every right of experience to voice my opinion and call out others for what I think is a foolish one.

    Old Freddy excelled at absolutely nothing except slowdown, by all standards his power wasn't all that incredibly unique to begin with, and the playstyle that he encouraged wasn't fun to play as a killer and it especially wasn't fun to play against as survivors. Essentially slowing down the progress of generators to the point of creating a near stalemate but without actually gaining any ground or applying any significant pressure that would get the killer any closer to his goals of 12 hooking or 4 kills. Old Freddy was anything but fun, he was obnoxious, and the very definition of a passive killer whose entire kit operated passively. The extremely narrow amount of wiggle room where a Freddy main could hone their skills to be better through little tricks like mindgaming your intermittent view was so incredibly niche, it's beyond me that these small things somehow convinced people Freddy was anywhere close to even a mediocre killer.

    And as far as majority goes let me remind that it was the majority of the playerbase at the time that pushed long and hard for two full years for Freddy's extensive rework. If the devs didn't see a monumental community effort to revamp his entire power they wouldn't have raised a finger to change him, because the chapter had already been out for two whole years by the time his rework came in Patch 3.1.0 and they had already made money off the sales for the chapter. But they saw the sheer amount of people who were making all the right points with all the evidence to back up their claims and it actually happened.

    You want to talk about a majority that could push to create change? That was a majority which created change. Not this piddly 48% - 40% between Yes / Probably and No / Probably not. (As of writing).

    "We want our killer back" Bah.

    All I see is a loud minority equipped with their rose tinted glasses and whispering sweet nothings about a past that never even existed.

    Again- that coffin was SEALED away, nailed shut, and buried 60 feet under ground in solid concrete. Even if you could argue that it was worth the time to reverse the change, it wouldn't matter. It Is. Never. Going. To. Happen. Ever.

    And again, I'm glad for it.

    You do have every right to voice your opinion, but never to insult someone else's. Calling a different opinion "foolish" merely because it doesn't align with your own is not only disrespectful, but also childish. And when it comes to basic respect, your alleged longevity in DBD doesn't matter in the slightest.

    So I ask you again: who do you think you are to call our pleas "foolish"?

    Now, I don't understand how a supposedly veteran player did not see strength that was right before him. Old Freddy excelled in control, not simply slowdown. Yes, this particular effect was strong, but it never gave you free victories, nor was it his only advantage. Your comment about his uniqueness is just plain wrong and unrealistic: even people who, somehow, enjoy his current power admit that his old self was the most unique character DBD has ever released. Heck, if you want a popular example there is Otzdarva, who said it himself. Now, the idea with Freddy was to play him in a less aggressive manner, knowing when to chase and drop chases, making use of his aura reading and Dream Transition mindgames to take advantage of survivor's mistakes and controlling the game in general. If your only focus was the supposed "stalemate", then it is obvious that you would see him as a weaker killer, where in reality he was not.

    And, now we get to this "majority" that you speak of. I don't doubt for one second that you saw a few players wrongly ask for a full rework. I saw it too...once. One player in a god forsaken Discord server that had less than 10 hours of gameplay...Still, most reasonable people that did complain about Freddy asked for buffs and QoL improvements, never a full rework. And it is safe to say that people who, for some reason, asked for a full rework regretted their decision. The absolute majority of the community prefers Old Freddy over...whatever the hell current Freddy is. This poll is not enough for you?

    @QwQw said:

    So, as everyone already knows, Freddy recently got nerfed. I personally doubt the changes will effect him too much, but what I'm mad about is that it shows the devs' ignorance towards his actual problems. The problem with Freddy wasn't that he was strong, it was that he was strong and boring.

    Instead of making his power fun and interesting for both sides, they just gave him a nerf and called it a day.

    But I digress, this wasn't what I made this thread to talk about.

    No, what I'm TRULY mad about is the fact that they haven't given us a way to play as Old Freddy.

    I've seen so many people asking to play as him again, and I completely understand why. Though Old Freddy may not have been the strongest out there, he was unique, there was no other killer like him.

    Hell, why the devs thought reworking Freddy in the first place was a good idea, I simply do not understand.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/D4WVECR9D4JR/image-284-29.png

    All they needed to do is revert this nerf, and I personally believe Freddy would have been in a perfect spot.

    Like, is it really that hard to give us an add-on, or a toggle of some kind to let us use Old Freddy's power? I see no reason why the devs haven't already done this, other than out of laziness, or stubbornness.

    Hell what makes it even worse, is that they REUSED ASSETS FROM OLD FREDDY'S POWER FOR THIS NERF.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwaDgSKImpI

    In King's video, at around 5:40 seconds in, you can see him hit a Dwight, and it plays the exact same effect as when Old Freddy would try to hit an awake survivor.

    You guys have the assets, why is there no option to play as Old Freddy?

    #GiveUsBackOldFreddy

    @glitchboi said:

    Title.

    I already know what I'm going to answer, heh.

    If you want a Freddy rework that makes him reminiscent to old Freddy, then vote the first option.

    @Phasmamain said:

    So I’ve been playing more Freddy recently since clown’s bottles still don’t slow on direct hits and honestly he just feels really bad.

    First problem is his snares. I’ve always thought they were worse clown bottles but the slowdown feels really bad. It means the only way to use them now is at a loop and placing them mid chase for later isn’t a good idea. Also the fact that he only has five isn’t going to make me play more “strategic” it’s just going to make me use them less. As survivor I’ve never been at all scared to be asleep anymore since snares are just underwhelming.

    Secondly is the alarm clocks. While I don’t hate the idea of the new buff it just makes Freddy feel even more like an m1 killer. So many instances where your entire chase will have you be entirely powerless. Freddy can’t really do much to actually control sleep cycles and it just ends up feeling like RNG

    Lastly are his add ons or more so lack of add ons. Literally only 3 are worth running and even then they are still weak. It leaves little room for fun add on combos or unique playstyles when all of them are just terrible (no point talking about pallets since they turn Freddy into a literal m1 killer)

    I really hope the devs aren’t done with him but he’s in a sorry state right now

    @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336985#Comment_2336985

    Well, I believe there are a few ways to get around it. We could increase its default cooldown, for example, so even an extremely dedicated Freddy wouldn't be able to put you back to sleep every single time you managed to wake up with a failed skill check. Or you can wake up with a teammate, which was always a better option.

    But we can debate on that.

    If I was in charge of updating Old Freddy...well, I actually have a concept:

    Power: Dream Demon

    Pull survivors into the Dream World

    -Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

    -Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

    -During the Dream Transition Survivors can see The Nightmare intermittently and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

    -The Nightmare’s Movement Speed penalty for putting a Survivor into the Dream Transition lasts for 1 second.

    -When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.

    Once in the Dream World:

    -Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

    -Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

    -To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

    -Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up.

    -Hooked Survivors wake up.

    Special Ability: Dream Projection

    -Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

    -Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

    -For each Survivor in the Dream World, the cool-down of using Dream Projection is reduced by stack-able 20%.

    I also have add-ons, but that would make a very long post.

    Then see it for yourself. Check the comments, support, upvotes...judge by any metric. People do want him back.

    Now, do you know why the devs reworked him? No you don't. Just like you don't know why did they nerf Billy, why did they implement Patch 1.9.2 in the past, why did they decide against reverting the UI Change, why did they tried to nerf Rat Liver, why did they nerfed the Twins, why did they nerf Deathslinger...and this dumb list goes on. No one knows why did BHVR made bad decisions, and his rework is one of them.

    Do you know what I see?

    I see the majority of the community united for a righteous cause, demanding the devs to return what was once taken. To revert a bad change that never took Old Freddy mains, such as myself, into consideration. I see people sharing memories of an exciting past, and hopes for the future of this killer.

    Perhaps this topic is dead for you. But then again, I already the know the nature of your comments and what you do. Discussing this is, more likely than not, pointless. I will, however, leave a final message that I will never stop. I will mention him at every opportunity, call for his return whenever I can.

    And I will have my killer back.

    Now, farewell.

‹ 1 2