Next Realm Beyond Update

Does anyone know if the developers mentioned when the next Realm Beyond update will be? After updating most of the maps and characters, I really can’t wait for a Haddonfield rework & hopefully it brings a more suspenseful atmosphere.

Comments

  • Hopefully never.

  • I wish they will communicate on realm beyond soon. I cant wait for new maps update.

    I hope for swamp next.

  • Best guess would be next midchapter, which would probably be in January. But nothing confirmed..

    it’s really odd how they seemingly pumped out the other map reworks but taking their time on the remaining 3 realms..

  • @Mooks said:

    Best guess would be next midchapter, which would probably be in January. But nothing confirmed..

    it’s really odd how they seemingly pumped out the other map reworks but taking their time on the remaining 3 realms..

    It does make me mad that they take so long with it, because we all know it's just gonna be more breakable walls and god loops. The delay isn't gonna make the quality of their map any better, and it will probably have tons of bugs and be disabled quickly after release, like a couple of maps have.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622834#Comment_2622834

    It does make me mad that they take so long with it, because we all know it's just gonna be more breakable walls and god loops. The delay isn't gonna make the quality of their map any better, and it will probably have tons of bugs and be disabled quickly after release, like a couple of maps have.

    autohaven and cold win farm were never disabled when they came out reworked from my knowledge. Idk what’s taking so long though they said by the end of the year Realm beyond would be done where 1 month away and we still don’t have red forest, backwater swamp and haddonfield reworked

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622849#Comment_2622849

    autohaven and cold win farm were never disabled when they came out reworked from my knowledge. Idk what’s taking so long though they said by the end of the year Realm beyond would be done where 1 month away and we still don’t have red forest, backwater swamp and haddonfield reworked

    Coldwind was disabled because of basement problems

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622849#Comment_2622849

    autohaven and cold win farm were never disabled when they came out reworked from my knowledge. Idk what’s taking so long though they said by the end of the year Realm beyond would be done where 1 month away and we still don’t have red forest, backwater swamp and haddonfield reworked

    I meant that they've had uncleansable totem spots, or certain maps of those realms were disabled. Not necessarily when they first came out. The getting stuck on hills bug, structures having weird hitboxes, etc. They also are garbagely balanced, but I'm not calling for them to be disabled, I'm calling for them to be fixed.

  • The Thomson House and Rancid Abattoir if I remember correctly

  • Devs: We're hoping to spend about a year on the Realm Beyond

    Also Devs: Doesn't do Realm Beyond for 4 consecutive chapter/mid-chapter patches and probably about to go 5 (we'll find out tomorrow morning)

  • I'm hoping they will finish the realm beyond in the upcoming mid-chapters. It seems likely we are getting a new map for Chapter 22, which is exciting, but I'm looking forward to the remaining maps being touched up and (hopefully) rebalanced. Haddonfield is still a massive headache and Mother's Dwelling is still way too big. I'm genuinely excited to see how the revamped swamp maps might look. Might actually be scary!

  • @roman_blaunt said:

    Does anyone know if the developers mentioned when the next Realm Beyond update will be? After updating most of the maps and characters, I really can’t wait for a Haddonfield rework & hopefully it brings a more suspenseful atmosphere.

    Last month they said Realm Beyond updates would resume "Eventually". No details though.

  • What's left? Haddonfield, Swamp, and Red Forest, right? Is there anything else? Did Yamaoka get updated yet?

  • @roman_blaunt said:

    Does anyone know if the developers mentioned when the next Realm Beyond update will be? After updating most of the maps and characters, I really can’t wait for a Haddonfield rework & hopefully it brings a more suspenseful atmosphere.

    realm update isnt rework and just make make more and more terrible to play on so i hope NEVER

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622849#Comment_2622849

    autohaven and cold win farm were never disabled when they came out reworked from my knowledge. Idk what’s taking so long though they said by the end of the year Realm beyond would be done where 1 month away and we still don’t have red forest, backwater swamp and haddonfield reworked

    Blood Lodge, Thompson House and Rancid Abbatoir got disabled for quite a good time, like almost a month.

  • @Anara said:

    I wish they will communicate on realm beyond soon. I cant wait for new maps update.

    I hope for swamp next.

    The upcoming chapter is called "Portrait of a Murder". The information so far had a lot of crow imagery, and a group of crows is called a murder. Most likely the Killer power uses the crows in some way, and both swamp maps have structures with lots of crows. That may be why the rework of the swamp maps hasn't happened yet, the crows might be getting an update.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622833#Comment_2622833

    The upcoming chapter is called "Portrait of a Murder". The information so far had a lot of crow imagery, and a group of crows is called a murder. Most likely the Killer power uses the crows in some way, and both swamp maps have structures with lots of crows. That may be why the rework of the swamp maps hasn't happened yet, the crows might be getting an update.

    I hope youre right

  • @Wiitab360 said:

    What's left? Haddonfield, Swamp, and Red Forest, right? Is there anything else? Did Yamaoka get updated yet?

    Yeah those three are left. Yamasaki was one of the first to get the update, I think it wasn’t as significant of a change, but it lost some of its ‚color‘ like MacMillans blue.

  • hopefully HadNoFun as that map is currently still the only map to contain an extremely long loop for 110% killers or killers who don't have a power to deal with chaining vaults

  • @Hoodied said:

    hopefully HadNoFun as that map is currently still the only map to contain an extremely long loop for 110% killers or killers who don't have a power to deal with chaining vaults

    If you're talking about the House of Pain don't be hopeful. Badham got updated and the only thing they did was add an useless breakable wall on it. It's still an infinite against 110% killers, and the House of Pain on Haddonfield has more windows.

  • @Labrac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2624017#Comment_2624017

    If you're talking about the House of Pain don't be hopeful. Badham got updated and the only thing they did was add an useless breakable wall on it. It's still an infinite against 110% killers, and the House of Pain on Haddonfield has more windows.

    I'm keeping hope because even if its these devs no way in hell do they think house of pain is balanced

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2624026#Comment_2624026

    I'm keeping hope because even if its these devs no way in hell do they think house of pain is balanced

    Well I wish I could be like you.