A few thoughts as a first time DBD player, 22.7 hours so far.

First off, I bought DBD and have only played Michael Myers exclusively, so I don't have perks from other killers. I use No One Escapes Death. But after games, survivors always say "noed myers" or something like that. I don't get it, is Noed bad or good? I suspect they are saying I had a good perk on. Honestly, I don't feel like it's that good. I consistently feel underpowered throughout the match. Especially when I see killers like The Doctor....


Next, I think Michael Myers sucks. And this is sad for me, because Michael Myers is the ONLY reason I bought DBD and his Halloween DLC. My only hope is that Jason Vorhees comes to DBD, so I can switch to Jason main. I understand "The Evil Within" perk wants to re-create the spooky jump scares when Michael is staring at someone.. and I'd say that's cool. But I am completely reliant on EW.... to be honest... because the rest of his perk kit sucks, and he has no abilities.


For example, this "Obsession" perk stuff is bad. One of Myers' unique perks, is you get 1 coin for chasing and letting your obsession get away, but then immediately lose the coin if you swing a basic attack?!? Like what. None of the obsession perks are worth using in my opinion. What a trash perk system for Myers. I understand they are trying to fit the Halloween Lore into his kit, but his kit suffers due to it. The Evil Within is good though. Rank 1 EW makes me so stealthy, I can literally walk up to a survivor doing a generator and grab them. Sometimes I intentionally don't get out of EW1 until I grab someone and hook them to begin the chaos, then I start going to EW2. So, basically, from Myer's core kit, I rely entirely on Evil Within. Because Obsession sucks.


Last thing. Flashlights. I have played a couple of games where survivors just chain stunned me with the flashlights, preventing me from hooking anyone. You can look down or away if you want, but as soon as you do the animation to pick up a downed player, you get stunned. It sucked. Flashlights OP in the right survivor group.

Comments

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Lightborn is your lord and savior against boosted flashlight users. I highly recommend it.

    the aura reading is such an underrated feature.

  • @illusion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2603197#Comment_2603197

    Yes, and Otz did a 50 wins challenge with every killer, using no addons, including Meyers, who he doesn't even play that much, normally. Do you think he is regularly facing potato survivors? Tru3ta1ent and other youtubers play Meyers much more frequently, so are probably even better with him. Most people put pig at bottom tier, but Dowsey disagrees and considers her B tier, A tier when learned to play well. Is he wrong? Is everyone else wrong? Maybe he thinks she is better than others think she is because he plays her a lot and has learned to do well with her....the same as skilled Meyers players feel about him.

    I don't understand the point of your last paragraph. Tier lists are only good for high MMR, but if you are good enough you will hit high MMR eventually? What does that have to do with anything? The OP is nowhere near high MMR, and most people will never hit high MMR. The majority of the player base are not competitive players, so they can do well with any killer, and there are far worse killers than Meyers. You are using logical fallacies to try and make your point. Introducing the idea that I am talking about youtubers with only 100 hours is disingenuous, at best. It is a fabrication to try and dismiss what I said. Why would I watch youtubers that only have a hundred hours of gameplay? If I am better than they are, they aren't worth watching.

    bro I hate to say this but now your just arguing to argue

    when even stalkyboi the man with probably the most hours on Myers in all of dbd (which I think last I checked he said he had 5k or 7k hours on just myers) and the most skilled and familiar myers player on YouTube considers him low tier I think the point has been made

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    Eh. Just had another game where the Survivors gen rushed me and flashlight spammed to save each other and won the match in less than 10 mins. Nothing I could do, only hooked 2 times. They followed me with flashlights when I had someone on my back to hook. They were ultra-team oriented and running to each other to heal each other at all times, nobody stayed injured for long.

    I'm starting to realize this game sucks for Killers.

    Sorry to hear that. You could leave lobbies when you see flashlights, if that is a huge problem. Franklin's demise really helps, as will lightborn. Eventually you will get used to playing around flashlights, and you can move on to other perks.

    That said, the game is really survivor sided, especially with there just not being enough killers in the game and matches not being properly balanced because of it.


    @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2602800#Comment_2602800

    I think I'm just going to give this game one more day, and if I still feel this game is ######### for Killers, I'll just wait for Propnight. The beta was really fun for killers.

    Yeah, that sucks. I imagine we lose a lot of new killers because of this. Unfortunately the devs just won't listen. I cannot blame you, if you aren't having fun there is no sense putting yourself through the that. Don't know how you feel about playing survivor. You can use the blood points you earn as survivor, on your killers. Hope things go better for you, if not, best of luck.

    Have not heard of Propnight, I will have to check it out. Dowsey, a DBD streamer, has been beta testing a similar game called VHS. He's put out a couple of videos on it, including a gameplay one they gave him permission to put up.

    Cheers.

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2603318#Comment_2603318

    bro I hate to say this but now your just arguing to argue

    when even stalkyboi the man with probably the most hours on Myers in all of dbd (which I think last I checked he said he had 5k or 7k hours on just myers) and the most skilled and familiar myers player on YouTube considers him low tier I think the point has been made

    Funny how I point out you are using logical fallacies, rather than making points, and you accuse me of arguing to argue. You aren't debating the points I make, just repeating the same things over and over, like talking tier lists, which I already pointed out was not a factor. This is clearly not a productive discussion, and we have hijacked the thread long enough with it.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2602841#Comment_2602841

    I played Propnight exclusively while the beta weekend was out a few weeks ago. It was really fun for both sides. Survivors can turn into objects in their environment to "hide", so Killers need to memorize how the maps are, so they can notice if there's supposed to be just 1 Liquor bottle next to that table, but there seems to be two. So 1 of them is a survivor in disguise, etc.

    I played both Survivor and Killer, and I had a blast.

    Really not digging the grindfest that is DBD, man. Maybe if I could equip some perks to help my Killer, but no, that's going to take hundreds of hours just so "now I can play the game!"

    I get it.

    Honestly, I just focus on having fun and not even treating DBD as a game, but as a medium for story telling.

    but agreed, the grind can be annoying.

    :)

  • Killer is not really fun for me right now, so I started playing a lot of Survivor today.

    Wow, The Doctor is an amazing killer. I think I faced about 10 Doctors today, and I noticed how much better The Doctor is, as a Killer........ is miles ahead of Michael Myers' kit.

    While I was playing, I was saying to myself... "Doctor has two long range abilities to make me scream... which makes me do an animation and I can't use a pallet or anything during that animation.... the scream also give up my position, and adds a Debuff! At 3 debuffs, pallets disappear, my location is given away, and I need to play a mini-game to "snap out of it"... And to top all of this off, the Doctor also places a trap on generators requiring a tough skill check before you can repair again... and here I am playing Michael Myers.. literally just me and my knife and nothing else. What the f? Do the devs even play Killer?


    I wonder

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    First off, I bought DBD and have only played Michael Myers exclusively, so I don't have perks from other killers. I use No One Escapes Death. But after games, survivors always say "noed myers" or something like that. I don't get it, is Noed bad or good? I suspect they are saying I had a good perk on. Honestly, I don't feel like it's that good. I consistently feel underpowered throughout the match. Especially when I see killers like The Doctor....

    Next, I think Michael Myers sucks. And this is sad for me, because Michael Myers is the ONLY reason I bought DBD and his Halloween DLC. My only hope is that Jason Vorhees comes to DBD, so I can switch to Jason main. I understand "The Evil Within" perk wants to re-create the spooky jump scares when Michael is staring at someone.. and I'd say that's cool. But I am completely reliant on EW.... to be honest... because the rest of his perk kit sucks, and he has no abilities.

    For example, this "Obsession" perk stuff is bad. One of Myers' unique perks, is you get 1 coin for chasing and letting your obsession get away, but then immediately lose the coin if you swing a basic attack?!? Like what. None of the obsession perks are worth using in my opinion. What a trash perk system for Myers. I understand they are trying to fit the Halloween Lore into his kit, but his kit suffers due to it. The Evil Within is good though. Rank 1 EW makes me so stealthy, I can literally walk up to a survivor doing a generator and grab them. Sometimes I intentionally don't get out of EW1 until I grab someone and hook them to begin the chaos, then I start going to EW2. So, basically, from Myer's core kit, I rely entirely on Evil Within. Because Obsession sucks.

    Last thing. Flashlights. I have played a couple of games where survivors just chain stunned me with the flashlights, preventing me from hooking anyone. You can look down or away if you want, but as soon as you do the animation to pick up a downed player, you get stunned. It sucked. Flashlights OP in the right survivor group.

    Michael Main here, Can help you abit with this

    Play With Your Food: Actually overlooked alot by alot of mikeys, This perk is really good if you can continue getting 3 tokens from your obsession. What do i mean by this? Try to find your obsession and get a x3 chase on him, then 99 your tier 3. so the next chase you start, you can Instantly Catch up to them and BAM, Instant t3 their ass and get a nice boost from it.

    Save the Best for Last: Also a good perk, Do the same thing as Play With Your Food: Ignore your obsession till the end or unless you need to hook him. T3 on him aswel so you only lose 2 tokens instead of 4,

    Dying Light: This perk...a lil' tricky per say, You gotta keep hooking non-obsessions with this and if you combine it with Thana, it's alright.. Not The Best, but alright i s'pose.. Just do the same thing, but for the non-obsessions and you'll be alright.

    A Few Helpful tips here and there for people that are interested in Mikey:

    Mikey is a Very Different m1 killer than the rest of the crew. Only one to have a Increased Vault speed and lunge speed in T2 / T3, Best way to cheese alot of loops is to run Bamboozle, it's nearly an instant vault and you'll be able to catch a survivor off-guard with it so fast.

    Mikey also is a God at scaring people No matter the Radius, (I've had my few shares of jumpscares...) The Best combo i really suggest to anyone is Ruin Monitor Pop and Bamboozle, (i change the last perk alot so it's up to you) Or replace Bamboozle with corrupt, The addons that are Best are Hands down: J Myers Memorial, and Dead Rabbit. Always use these two and it has never failed me,

    Whenever you're stalking a survivor, Try not to T3 off the bat unless there's 2 or more survivors around and you know you can get the quick down, I would just barely get close enough to T3 and just be a regular M1 killer until i see a new Survivor. then it's just a quick right click into a instant down.

    Mikey can also benefit from some maps in general in terms of the vaults, (Like i said previously. Fastest Vaulter in T3 compared to wraith with his shadow dance addons) that half the tiles are actually unsafe due to his vault, (######### the corn maps though)

    TL:DR Mikey spoopy bois, we need shirtless mikey.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    Killer is not really fun for me right now, so I started playing a lot of Survivor today.

    Wow, The Doctor is an amazing killer. I think I faced about 10 Doctors today, and I noticed how much better The Doctor is, as a Killer........ is miles ahead of Michael Myers' kit.

    While I was playing, I was saying to myself... "Doctor has two long range abilities to make me scream... which makes me do an animation and I can't use a pallet or anything during that animation.... the scream also give up my position, and adds a Debuff! At 3 debuffs, pallets disappear, my location is given away, and I need to play a mini-game to "snap out of it"... And to top all of this off, the Doctor also places a trap on generators requiring a tough skill check before you can repair again... and here I am playing Michael Myers.. literally just me and my knife and nothing else. What the f? Do the devs even play Killer?

    I wonder

    Doctor's actually a bit of a trap for new players. He's fun and scary, but if it's meta + learnable you're looking for, hag is probably a better bet.

    Clown is a killer I wholeheartedly recommend you learn to play at a high level, since if you can do well as clown, you can do will as any killer.

  • So you only played killer and your thoughts are "killers weak survivors strong", right? Now try playing solo survivor for the next 30 hours and see where your "survivors are too strong plz nerf" mentality goes.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    First off, I bought DBD and have only played Michael Myers exclusively, so I don't have perks from other killers. I use No One Escapes Death. But after games, survivors always say "noed myers" or something like that. I don't get it, is Noed bad or good? I suspect they are saying I had a good perk on. Honestly, I don't feel like it's that good. I consistently feel underpowered throughout the match. Especially when I see killers like The Doctor....

    Next, I think Michael Myers sucks. And this is sad for me, because Michael Myers is the ONLY reason I bought DBD and his Halloween DLC. My only hope is that Jason Vorhees comes to DBD, so I can switch to Jason main. I understand "The Evil Within" perk wants to re-create the spooky jump scares when Michael is staring at someone.. and I'd say that's cool. But I am completely reliant on EW.... to be honest... because the rest of his perk kit sucks, and he has no abilities.

    For example, this "Obsession" perk stuff is bad. One of Myers' unique perks, is you get 1 coin for chasing and letting your obsession get away, but then immediately lose the coin if you swing a basic attack?!? Like what. None of the obsession perks are worth using in my opinion. What a trash perk system for Myers. I understand they are trying to fit the Halloween Lore into his kit, but his kit suffers due to it. The Evil Within is good though. Rank 1 EW makes me so stealthy, I can literally walk up to a survivor doing a generator and grab them. Sometimes I intentionally don't get out of EW1 until I grab someone and hook them to begin the chaos, then I start going to EW2. So, basically, from Myer's core kit, I rely entirely on Evil Within. Because Obsession sucks.

    Last thing. Flashlights. I have played a couple of games where survivors just chain stunned me with the flashlights, preventing me from hooking anyone. You can look down or away if you want, but as soon as you do the animation to pick up a downed player, you get stunned. It sucked. Flashlights OP in the right survivor group.

    Save the best for last is extremely good on killers that have a form of attack that isnt basic. Like demo for example

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2602313#Comment_2602313

    Damn. I wish it would spawn at the start of map with everything else, and it cannot be opened until the normal conditions are met (like when it spawns now). At least I could accidentally find it during the trial, and try to remember for the end game. This could work for both Killers and Survivors.

    I've been looking through YT guides but the only thing I can find is, if your character is walking on air a little bit, that's where hatch will spawn.

    To add some more to your hatch question, there was also an issue with solo queue where once there were 2 survivors left they would stop doing gens and try to camp the hatch. I once spectated a game (coincidentally, a Myers game) where one survivor hid in lockers for 10 minutes while the killer chased and slugged (leaving the survivor in the dying state) while looking for them in the locker. Finally, the slugged survivor crawled on top of the hatch and bled to death. The Myers closed the hatch and was able to kill the last survivor when she tried to do the gates. Basically, knowing where the hatch was incentivized selfish play, and would at times needlessly prolong the game.

    The best advice I can give on enjoying this game is not to play competitively. You're still learning, and generally that means you're going to get some lumps.

  • @DarKaron said:

    Hi! Welcome to the Fog!

    First off, lemme say I respect you picking Myers to be your main, as Myers is one of the worst Killers in the game right now, sadly.

    Second, if you own no DLC to speak of, then yeah, you're going to suffer, especially because the majority of Myers' Perks are worthless in the meta.

    Each Killer has 3 perks to unlock for the others, and Myers... Well, he has one that is actually worth something, but only for specific Killers.

    Dying Light, sadly, sucks. The slowdown only helps if you're already winning the match.

    Play With Your Food is useful for specific meme builds, but rarely sees use due to the fact that it relies on you potentially shooting yourself in the foot to get a speed boost.

    Save the Best For Last, however, is a great Perk, and cannot be slept on. Being able to hit people multiple times in quick succession is fantastic, especially as an M1 Killer like Myers.

    I would advise, however, that you seek out better perk builds, likely gained through buying other Killers.

    Oh, and NOED is complained about because Survivors think it is incredibly unfair to face for no reason.

    Dying light sucks even more by giving obssesion a buff to heal,rescue etc I were like what the hell devs think about it?


    Just hope Myers get new skin of the Halloween kills and a rework

  • So I was reading the forums today, and people were complaining about Hillbilly. So I decided, for my first ever time, to play a Killer game as someone other than Michael Myers. I played Hillbilly, as a level 1, with only 1 perk, and 0 add-ons. For the perk, I chose Tinkerer, which ######### ITS SO STRONG. You mean to tell me, you notify me when a generator has been repaired to 70% !?!?!??? WHAT. And Lightborn is another one of his perks, immune to flashlight spam??! How the hell are these Hillbilly's perks, but Michael Myers has straight up TRASH perks all themed around "Obsession" crap that doesn't even trigger until you do stuff, and it's not even that good anyway. One of them even gives the Obsession a 33% faster time to do healing and stuff. #########

    And then I go into game, and I have a secondary insta-down attack from the beginning?!? #########. So I have a basic attack AND a insta-down attack on demand. Meanwhile I was out here with Myers' stupid knife attack and the insta-down requires to "charge up" to EW3 and even then it runs out and you're back at square one.


    Anyway, I killed all 4 Survivors as Hillbilly, rank 1, only 1 perk, 0 add-ons. ZERO GENS REPAIRED. ZERO. If ever I got notified one was at 70%, I ran over there and damaged it and chased the survivors away and didn't need to hit them twice, as I could just activate my chainsaw for an insta-down.


    Can you imagine what I could do, if I combine Tinkerer with the Clown's insta-damage progress on generator by 25%? And then other perks??!?


    What the F. Michael Myers is not "low tier". Michael Myers is TRASH TIER, HE IS "DO NOT PLAY STATUS"

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    So I was reading the forums today, and people were complaining about Hillbilly. So I decided, for my first ever time, to play a Killer game as someone other than Michael Myers. I played Hillbilly, as a level 1, with only 1 perk, and 0 add-ons. For the perk, I chose Tinkerer, which ######### ITS SO STRONG. You mean to tell me, you notify me when a generator has been repaired to 70% !?!?!??? WHAT. And Lightborn is another one of his perks, immune to flashlight spam??! How the hell are these Hillbilly's perks, but Michael Myers has straight up TRASH perks all themed around "Obsession" crap that doesn't even trigger until you do stuff, and it's not even that good anyway. One of them even gives the Obsession a 33% faster time to do healing and stuff. #########

    And then I go into game, and I have a secondary insta-down attack from the beginning?!? #########. So I have a basic attack AND a insta-down attack on demand. Meanwhile I was out here with Myers' stupid knife attack and the insta-down requires to "charge up" to EW3 and even then it runs out and you're back at square one.

    Anyway, I killed all 4 Survivors as Hillbilly, rank 1, only 1 perk, 0 add-ons. ZERO GENS REPAIRED. ZERO. If ever I got notified one was at 70%, I ran over there and damaged it and chased the survivors away and didn't need to hit them twice, as I could just activate my chainsaw for an insta-down.

    Can you imagine what I could do, if I combine Tinkerer with the Clown's insta-damage progress on generator by 25%? And then other perks??!?

    What the F. Michael Myers is not "low tier". Michael Myers is TRASH TIER, HE IS "DO NOT PLAY STATUS"

    rock on dude! I'm glad you're having so much fun! :D

    if you're sure you want to stay with DBD, let me know. I can send you a friend request and help you practice.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605223#Comment_2605223

    rock on dude! I'm glad you're having so much fun! :D

    if you're sure you want to stay with DBD, let me know. I can send you a friend request and help you practice.

    It wasn't DBD at all. It was Michael Myers being so trash. He needs a re-work ASAP.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605253#Comment_2605253

    It wasn't DBD at all. It was Michael Myers being so trash. He needs a re-work ASAP.

    well, I'm sure that the fog will be a better place with you in it! ๐Ÿ˜

    Also, I wholeheartedly agree, Myers needs some serious buffs.

    your favorite part about myers was stealth, right? I think you'll like wraith.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605256#Comment_2605256

    well, I'm sure that the fog will be a better place with you in it! ๐Ÿ˜

    Also, I wholeheartedly agree, Myers needs some serious buffs.

    your favorite part about myers was stealth, right? I think you'll like wraith.

    Older players are not seeing the extent of how bad he is, because they have so many perks unlocked from other killers, to hide Myers' weakness.

    I challenge anyone to play Michael Myers with ONLY his Myers perks + neutral perks, and no add-ons (new players dont have a lot of them stockpiled)


    That will open eyes at how bad he is right now and is in desperate need of a rework. He's the most famous killer DBD has, with a movie trilogy mid-way through.... and this is the state he is in.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605258#Comment_2605258

    Older players are not seeing the extent of how bad he is, because they have so many perks unlocked from other killers, to hide Myers' weakness.

    I challenge anyone to play Michael Myers with ONLY his Myers perks + neutral perks, and no add-ons (new players dont have a lot of them stockpiled)

    That will open eyes at how bad he is right now and is in desperate need of a rework. He's the most famous killer DBD has, with a movie trilogy mid-way through.... and this is the state he is in.

    Yep.

    I actually only got him recently (in preparation for Halloween.)

    I recently played a game without addons accidentally. it was pretty tough. fun, but tough. (I did 4k, but I didn't use only myers perks.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605258#Comment_2605258

    Older players are not seeing the extent of how bad he is, because they have so many perks unlocked from other killers, to hide Myers' weakness.

    I challenge anyone to play Michael Myers with ONLY his Myers perks + neutral perks, and no add-ons (new players dont have a lot of them stockpiled)

    That will open eyes at how bad he is right now and is in desperate need of a rework. He's the most famous killer DBD has, with a movie trilogy mid-way through.... and this is the state he is in.

    He is undeniably trash tier, but the people telling you he is ok aren't that far off in a way. In order to get value out of him, you need experience and better understanding of the game. You can get good results, but that requires knowing different strategies and hell, being a better killer in general.

    It is important to first play both roles and more characters before deciding what's good and what's bad.

1 2 โ€บ