End game collapse
I think they should change when the EGC start. I think when the last gen is complete that when the EGC start like that this would give the survivor a feeling of urgency for escaping.
Tagged:
BHVR
I think they should change when the EGC start. I think when the last gen is complete that when the EGC start like that this would give the survivor a feeling of urgency for escaping.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If they did that then the egc would need to be longer. Probs around 4 mins with no one downed or hooked. This would be needed due to no way out and remember me.
Or maybe when all the gens pop, a 'pre EGC' timer starts. Once it ends, the EGC starts like normal, even if the gates are still shut. So survivors cant hide around and 99 the gates for eternity.
I don't find that necessary. I think the EGC as-is is pretty good. If they did change it to starting when the Exit Gates are powered, they'd have to increase the timer by a good amount.
I thought EGC was mostly to prevent toxicity, so survs couldnt teabag indefinetly.
EGC is to help end the match not help you get more kills.
yeah it was implemented to end the game so that no one could take the game hostage.
Exactly this, it's not there to help either side - just as a means to end the match to prevent hostage taking situations.
Survivors teabagging indefinetly was never a problem. The Killer can force those out.
A problem was Survivors holding the game hostage by crouching around the Map. If you did not have Whispers as Killer, you would not find them. Or, Killers bodyblocking Survivors. No way to get out of the game other than DCing.
@Topic:
As others have said, the sole purpose of EGC is to end the game at some point. It is not meant to grant the Killer any extra Kills.
just don't make it possible to 99 the gates
Oh, ok that makes sense.
Lets say none of these endgame perks existed, what do you think a reasonable time is if this change actually happened?
Though it is a shame that one of the more atmospheric parts of the Trial was implemented simply to prevent that single scenario.
3-4 minutes??
How exactly do you do that? Like make the progress regress if they don't commit to opening the gate? You would almost never escape charlotte and victor, and when the gates spawn close together... hot damn
I agree with this, if you let go of the handle the gate progress regresses.
The idea is not to get kill with the EGC but to give the survivor a choice should they try and go for the rescue during the EGC or escape. Right now its not even a choice you 99 the gate go for the rescue and escape without feeling any kind of pressure. The idea is to change those scenario like many of you said the timer should be adjust because of perk like no way out and blood warden. I think about that only because i saw a pattern in my game and it was i pass more time in a match after the last gen was complete
This has already been tested and not coming back.
Hi Mandy, are there any plans to prevent other means of holding the game hostage? Most importantly I am speaking to stealthing survivors not progressing the game, even after a reasonable amount of time. An extreme but possible scenario would be a killer body blocking the last survivor when EGC is not active.
I am an advocate for changing the egc.
It's initial design to prevent the game from being held hostage. Done.
Now it should prevent the game not going into the egc meaning stopping 99ing the door.
And also remove the extended timer for a hooked/dying survivor.
Probably about 3+ minutes.