Interview Series Episode 11: TheGannMan

After the series resumed to outstanding success with GeneralV the series will resume with @TheGannMan For those unaware the interview starts with simple questions and people are allowed to make commenat. And if anyone would post the past interviews much appreciated. So let’s begin.

1.How’d you discover DBD?

2.How’d you come up with the name TheGannMan?

Comments

  • Do me or I will consume your soul

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588198#Comment_2588198

    24.One of the perhaps most infamous moments in DBD history is when McCote played as Hag against instant flashlights on Badham. And flashlights were nerfed Hag buffed to the S tier she is today. And if I’m correct a massive restructure of loops. Does this show that the devs actually don’t play the game enough. Or they’re just slow in changes?

    I am gonna leave this here, if anyone wants to watch it again:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98e-Y4Lu8w&ab_channel=StrayWolf


  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588198#Comment_2588198

    24.One of the perhaps most infamous moments in DBD history is when McCote played as Hag against instant flashlights on Badham. And flashlights were nerfed Hag buffed to the S tier she is today. And if I’m correct a massive restructure of loops. Does this show that the devs actually don’t play the game enough. Or they’re just slow in changes?

    Honestly not exactly sure I remember some of those things, mainly the Hag and flashlight things. Maybe they happened before I discovered the game?

    Anyway, those changes prove that they’re capable of making good decisions at times which they definitely have. It’s mainly from feedback from the community which I do think they sometimes listen to the community at times, but I’m still not convinced that most of them actually play the game.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2584927#Comment_2584927

    9: I have my preferences, mostly Blight, Billy, Huntress, and Plague. Probably would be Spirit if someone can actually play as her to give me a concrete opinion about how she feels to play against post nerf.

    10: Hag and Trickster can be deleted from the game for all I care.

    11: Yui because Yui.

    12: Neas are always toxic lol.

    Good choices.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588214#Comment_2588214

    Honestly not exactly sure I remember some of those things, mainly the Hag and flashlight things. Maybe they happened before I discovered the game?

    Anyway, those changes prove that they’re capable of making good decisions at times which they definitely have. It’s mainly from feedback from the community which I do think they sometimes listen to the community at times, but I’m still not convinced that most of them actually play the game.

    "Maybe they happened before I discovered the game?"

    Late 2017, some time after Freddy's release and initial nerf, for the flashlights.

    Hag's buff didn't happen until much later.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588236#Comment_2588236

    "Maybe they happened before I discovered the game?"

    Late 2017, some time after Freddy's release and initial nerf.

    Ah ok

  • Well...the problem wasn't her base-kit per say. The main problem was that her add-ons had many unnecessary downsides, more than any killer at the time.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588243#Comment_2588243

    Well...the problem wasn't her base-kit per say. The main problem was that her add-ons had many unnecessary downsides, more than any killer at the time.

    she was also 110 back then iirc

  • LMAO, pretty much same way how I feel about Hag

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588214#Comment_2588214

    Honestly not exactly sure I remember some of those things, mainly the Hag and flashlight things. Maybe they happened before I discovered the game?

    Anyway, those changes prove that they’re capable of making good decisions at times which they definitely have. It’s mainly from feedback from the community which I do think they sometimes listen to the community at times, but I’m still not convinced that most of them actually play the game.

    25.Let’s talk about killer design the recent trend has been strong 1v1 and not much else. The former king of this Deathslinger recently had this nerfed. Should their be a big emphasis on less of these killers?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588236#Comment_2588236

    25.Let’s talk about killer design the recent trend has been strong 1v1 and not much else. The former king of this Deathslinger recently had this nerfed. Should their be a big emphasis on less of these killers?

    Killers like that are very poorly designed. Deathslinger was the worst because his insta-ADS could put survivors in a lose lose situation no matter what they do. With Slinger not being good outside of that, it’s just boring having to hold W looking for survivors while you’re incredibly slow. It’s not interesting gameplay. There needs to be a form of outplay from both sides for it to be a PvP game.

    There needs to be less of those killers and more killers like Blight and Spirit that have plenty of map pressure but also have counterplay in chase.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588271#Comment_2588271

    Killers like that are very poorly designed. Deathslinger was the worst because his insta-ADS could put survivors in a lose lose situation no matter what they do. With Slinger not being good outside of that, it’s just boring having to hold W looking for survivors while you’re incredibly slow. It’s not interesting gameplay. There needs to be a form of outplay from both sides for it to be a PvP game.

    There needs to be less of those killers and more killers like Blight and Spirit that have plenty of map pressure but also have counterplay in chase.

    26.On to some perks although we might come back to killer design. Recently two perks lost what was deemed an unnecessary M1 Requirement Third Seal and Blood Favor after Eruption and Hysteria were spared from a M1 requirement. Yet many perks still have one that can be considered unnecessary. But maybe the devs are beginning to realize this. Which perks with a current M1 requirement should loose it and which should they remain?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588277#Comment_2588277

    26.On to some perks although we might come back to killer design. Recently two perks lost what was deemed an unnecessary M1 Requirement Third Seal and Blood Favor after Eruption and Hysteria were spared from a M1 requirement. Yet many perks still have one that can be considered unnecessary. But maybe the devs are beginning to realize this. Which perks with a current M1 requirement should loose it and which should they remain?

    Sloppy Butcher is a perk that I think should stay at just M1’s as it’s strong enough to warrant it. STBFL should stay M1 as it would be a huge nerf if it was all attacks. The reason being is that it won’t synergies with Pig, Demo, or Nemesis anymore. Franklin’s should stay M1 as I think this perk will see a lot of backlash if it didn’t have an M1 requirement.

    Knock Out I think shouldn’t have an M1 requirement. It’s just not good enough imo. Remove the M1 requirement and nerf some of the numbers to not make it too oppressive. Dark Devotion is another one of those perks where I don’t understand why it has just basic attacks. I’m telling you this perk will be so much fun to use with certain killers if it didn’t have that M1 requirement.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588299#Comment_2588299

    Sloppy Butcher is a perk that I think should stay at just M1’s as it’s strong enough to warrant it. STBFL should stay M1 as it would be a huge nerf if it was all attacks. The reason being is that it won’t synergies with Pig, Demo, or Nemesis anymore. Franklin’s should stay M1 as I think this perk will see a lot of backlash if it didn’t have an M1 requirement.

    Knock Out I think shouldn’t have an M1 requirement. It’s just not good enough imo. Remove the M1 requirement and nerf some of the numbers to not make it too oppressive. Dark Devotion is another one of those perks where I don’t understand why it has just basic attacks. I’m telling you this perk will be so much fun to use with certain killers if it didn’t have that M1 requirement.

    27.Hex:Blood Favor and Hex:Retribution recently got huge buffs. Blood Favor went from contention for worst perks in the game to at least Hex Wise one of the best. Yet Hexes will always suffer because survivors can spawn on them they can spawn on gens in the open.And this will always seem to keep them weaker. How important is it Hex spawns improve? And which Hex perks need big buffs also?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588317#Comment_2588317

    27.Hex:Blood Favor and Hex:Retribution recently got huge buffs. Blood Favor went from contention for worst perks in the game to at least Hex Wise one of the best. Yet Hexes will always suffer because survivors can spawn on them they can spawn on gens in the open.And this will always seem to keep them weaker. How important is it Hex spawns improve? And which Hex perks need big buffs also?

    Hex spawns are just weird because sometimes you'll spawn on Shelter Woods where the totem is as visible from a distance as the sun is, while you can spawn on RPD and finding totems there is like finding a needle in a hay stack. I think totem spawns overall need to be improved as I hate RNG and it's just annoying when totems are out in the open and it's the easiest totem cleanse of the survivors' life. Hex perks that need a buff imo are Huntress' Lullaby, TOTH, and Crowd Control. Huntress' Lullaby can be a fun perk but good survivors can counter it easily because of their experience with skill checks. Crowd Control is just a worse Bamboozle, so it being a hex is insulting. The nerf to TOTH was one of the stupidest decisions I've ever witness in my almost 17 months playing this game. It wasn't that great before and now it's just worse. It would be a great counter to boons if you brought back the notification for cleansing and blessing.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588340#Comment_2588340

    Hex spawns are just weird because sometimes you'll spawn on Shelter Woods where the totem is as visible from a distance as the sun is, while you can spawn on RPD and finding totems there is like finding a needle in a hay stack. I think totem spawns overall need to be improved as I hate RNG and it's just annoying when totems are out in the open and it's the easiest totem cleanse of the survivors' life. Hex perks that need a buff imo are Huntress' Lullaby, TOTH, and Crowd Control. Huntress' Lullaby can be a fun perk but good survivors can counter it easily because of their experience with skill checks. Crowd Control is just a worse Bamboozle, so it being a hex is insulting. The nerf to TOTH was one of the stupidest decisions I've ever witness in my almost 17 months playing this game. It wasn't that great before and now it's just worse. It would be a great counter to boons if you brought back the notification for cleansing and blessing.

    Yeah I never understood why some thought Crow Control was better than Bamboozle. Bamboozle gets the advantage of not being a hex so it can't be broken AND you get an increase in vault speed which is also a big part of it that came really help

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588340#Comment_2588340

    Hex spawns are just weird because sometimes you'll spawn on Shelter Woods where the totem is as visible from a distance as the sun is, while you can spawn on RPD and finding totems there is like finding a needle in a hay stack. I think totem spawns overall need to be improved as I hate RNG and it's just annoying when totems are out in the open and it's the easiest totem cleanse of the survivors' life. Hex perks that need a buff imo are Huntress' Lullaby, TOTH, and Crowd Control. Huntress' Lullaby can be a fun perk but good survivors can counter it easily because of their experience with skill checks. Crowd Control is just a worse Bamboozle, so it being a hex is insulting. The nerf to TOTH was one of the stupidest decisions I've ever witness in my almost 17 months playing this game. It wasn't that great before and now it's just worse. It would be a great counter to boons if you brought back the notification for cleansing and blessing.

    28.Another weak perk category with even less usefulness are obsession perks. On the killer side there is no popular perk outside of STBFL. The other ones are too weak or have a massive downside and if I’m correct none have received meaningful changes in a while. On the survivor side they provide no dynamic to change their gameplay actively like killer. What changes need to happen to these perks to make them more viable and interesting?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588349#Comment_2588349

    28.Another weak perk category with even less usefulness are obsession perks. On the killer side there is no popular perk outside of STBFL. The other ones are too weak or have a massive downside and if I’m correct none have received meaningful changes in a while. On the survivor side they provide no dynamic to change their gameplay actively like killer. What changes need to happen to these perks to make them more viable and interesting?

    Sole Survivor needs a massive rework. Not sure what to do with it but to keep the theme of “Sole Survivor” maybe it can have a benefit that happens when you’re alone in an area of the map with no one else? Maybe a haste status effect that only happens when you’re 32+ meters away from the other survivors and killer. Obsession needs an extra benefit though, can’t think of a good idea.

    Furtive Chase is another one that needs a rework. I was thinking that there should be a perk that makes two obsessions, with Furtive Chase being that perk, and it can have the same effects except a max of 8 stacks. This will be crazy and can combo with other perks so well with the new effect. Not sure how unbalanced it would be but I would love to hear other’s thoughts on it.

    Play With Your Food should just consume a token when you down a survivor. It’s a fun perk to use but it’s hard to get use out of it and it feels like the conditions along with the downside are too strict.

    I already mentioned what I want Dark Devotion to do.

    There are a few others like Dying Light, Blood Pact, and Rancor that could use a buff but not sure how to do it.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588474#Comment_2588474

    Sole Survivor needs a massive rework. Not sure what to do with it but to keep the theme of “Sole Survivor” maybe it can have a benefit that happens when you’re alone in an area of the map with no one else? Maybe a haste status effect that only happens when you’re 32+ meters away from the other survivors and killer. Obsession needs an extra benefit though, can’t think of a good idea.

    Furtive Chase is another one that needs a rework. I was thinking that there should be a perk that makes two obsessions, with Furtive Chase being that perk, and it can have the same effects except a max of 8 stacks. This will be crazy and can combo with other perks so well with the new effect. Not sure how unbalanced it would be but I would love to hear other’s thoughts on it.

    Play With Your Food should just consume a token when you down a survivor. It’s a fun perk to use but it’s hard to get use out of it and it feels like the conditions along with the downside are too strict.

    I already mentioned what I want Dark Devotion to do.

    There are a few others like Dying Light, Blood Pact, and Rancor that could use a buff but not sure how to do it.

    29.The newest perk type added Boons are quite controversial in the PTB they were called overpowered and even with the live versions some say they’re still overpowered although much less. Are Boon totems still problematic?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2588554#Comment_2588554

    29.The newest perk type added Boons are quite controversial in the PTB they were called overpowered and even with the live versions some say they’re still overpowered although much less. Are Boon totems still problematic?

    COH should be toned down a bit but other than that, I don't think they're too much of a problem. They do require set up and planning on where you need to place them which does take time out of the survivors. I like the concept of the boons, I think they could be meta which is what we've been asking for for a while now.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2589796#Comment_2589796

    COH should be toned down a bit but other than that, I don't think they're too much of a problem. They do require set up and planning on where you need to place them which does take time out of the survivors. I like the concept of the boons, I think they could be meta which is what we've been asking for for a while now.

    30.Boon totems do suffer some RNG majorly like Hexes what will make the boons meta?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2589915#Comment_2589915

    30.Boon totems do suffer some RNG majorly like Hexes what will make the boons meta?

    If the boons only affected the survivor with the perk, the boons will be very average. However, since they benefit the whole team and are really beneficial for comms, I do think that they have potential to shake the meta. It’s hard to know as they can be RNG as you said, but you also gotta look at DS, UB, BT, and other meta perks, they don’t get use every single game either as no perk should be made to see value every single game.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2590014#Comment_2590014

    If the boons only affected the survivor with the perk, the boons will be very average. However, since they benefit the whole team and are really beneficial for comms, I do think that they have potential to shake the meta. It’s hard to know as they can be RNG as you said, but you also gotta look at DS, UB, BT, and other meta perks, they don’t get use every single game either as no perk should be made to see value every single game.

    31.Spirit was recently nerfed after many years. With her base indicating she’s phasing and many add-ons changed. Most were happy with this but some said Spirit was now dead at high level and the nerf was too much. Was this a good change?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2590028#Comment_2590028

    31.Spirit was recently nerfed after many years. With her base indicating she’s phasing and many add-ons changed. Most were happy with this but some said Spirit was now dead at high level and the nerf was too much. Was this a good change?

    I’m glad you ask this. As many people may know, I am a dedicated Spirit main and my opinion on Spirit is that the nerf to her was completely justifiable and the changes made didn’t hinder her power at all. Survivors have something to react to which is awesome and creates a lot of fun mind games with her power. I think she’s in a great spot other than some of her add ons. Mother-Daughter Ring should’ve gotten touched and now the combination with it and the Dried Cherry Blossom is a bit over tuned. It’s just a “turn your brain off combination that makes her arguably as strong as Nurse. Nerf the Ring and the Blossom would be fine imo. Scratch mark downside could be more of a convenience if she didn’t move up to 216% movement speed.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2590617#Comment_2590617

    I’m glad you ask this. As many people may know, I am a dedicated Spirit main and my opinion on Spirit is that the nerf to her was completely justifiable and the changes made didn’t hinder her power at all. Survivors have something to react to which is awesome and creates a lot of fun mind games with her power. I think she’s in a great spot other than some of her add ons. Mother-Daughter Ring should’ve gotten touched and now the combination with it and the Dried Cherry Blossom is a bit over tuned. It’s just a “turn your brain off combination that makes her arguably as strong as Nurse. Nerf the Ring and the Blossom would be fine imo. Scratch mark downside could be more of a convenience if she didn’t move up to 216% movement speed.

    32.The nerf to Deathslinger was much more controversial majority hated it saying it ruined his 1v1 which he needed. But prior to this people were saying these killers with oppressive 1v1s should go. Should the devs move away from these type of killers?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2590627#Comment_2590627

    32.The nerf to Deathslinger was much more controversial majority hated it saying it ruined his 1v1 which he needed. But prior to this people were saying these killers with oppressive 1v1s should go. Should the devs move away from these type of killers?

    The nerf to Slinger should just be reverted. BHVR already made the killer and people have enjoyed him before so it’s not fair for them to deal with a massive nerf to a killer they enjoy playing. It’s better if BHVR learns from their mistakes on killer design and look more into what makes a killer strong but also fun to play against. Oppressive 1v1 killers with no map pressure aren’t going to cut it.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2590634#Comment_2590634

    The nerf to Slinger should just be reverted. BHVR already made the killer and people have enjoyed him before so it’s not fair for them to deal with a massive nerf to a killer they enjoy playing. It’s better if BHVR learns from their mistakes on killer design and look more into what makes a killer strong but also fun to play against. Oppressive 1v1 killers with no map pressure aren’t going to cut it.

    Yeah he didn't deserve the giant dump he got

  • Yeah I feel bad for Slinger mains.

  • I don't think it would honestly be all that bad if they gave him something actually meaningful as compensation. Not like what was it 5% or% more movement speed in ADS? That was #########.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2590634#Comment_2590634

    The nerf to Slinger should just be reverted. BHVR already made the killer and people have enjoyed him before so it’s not fair for them to deal with a massive nerf to a killer they enjoy playing. It’s better if BHVR learns from their mistakes on killer design and look more into what makes a killer strong but also fun to play against. Oppressive 1v1 killers with no map pressure aren’t going to cut it.

    33.Trapper received the huge buffs of always having 8 traps and carrying two traps. Yet many are still saying he’s still one of the worst. Does he need more buffs or is he fine?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2590642#Comment_2590642

    33.Trapper received the huge buffs of always having 8 traps and carrying two traps. Yet many are still saying he’s still one of the worst. Does he need more buffs or is he fine?

    Trapper’s buff turned him from an add on reliant D tier killer into a D tier killer that isn’t add on reliant. The set up time and going out of your way to get traps still makes it tough but I will say that the buff in trap capacity and removal of RNG is a great step in the right direction.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2590759#Comment_2590759

    Trapper’s buff turned him from an add on reliant D tier killer into a D tier killer that isn’t add on reliant. The set up time and going out of your way to get traps still makes it tough but I will say that the buff in trap capacity and removal of RNG is a great step in the right direction.

    34.What else can he use to get out of the F tier?

  • I believe I remember Scott Jund suggesting one time in his rework series that Trapper should have some kind of out-of-chase mobility where he has this adrenaline rush in searching for his traps. I think that’s a great idea and will definitely give him so much map pressure and will make him feel much better to play. I would say he’d be B tier with that.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2590854#Comment_2590854

    I believe I remember Scott Jund suggesting one time in his rework series that Trapper should have some kind of out-of-chase mobility where he has this adrenaline rush in searching for his traps. I think that’s a great idea and will definitely give him so much map pressure and will make him feel much better to play. I would say he’d be B tier with that.

    35.Plague received big buffs many are saying made her much more viable and smooth to play. Did these changes boost her, make her smoother to play, and will this increase her play count?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2590859#Comment_2590859

    35.Plague received big buffs many are saying made her much more viable and smooth to play. Did these changes boost her, make her smoother to play, and will this increase her play count?

    I played her to see how she feels and she definitely feels so much better to play. I pretty much have no complaints with the buff to Plague. All around splendid job by the devs on this. I do think that more people will play her now that COH could become meta.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593453#Comment_2593453

    I played her to see how she feels and she definitely feels so much better to play. I pretty much have no complaints with the buff to Plague. All around splendid job by the devs on this. I do think that more people will play her now that COH could become meta.

    36.Many have said that with COH healing near instant will be one of the best survivor strats with many other great healing perks and Med-Kits. And they triumph the main anti heal perk Sloppy and the other Coulrophobia has no chance. This is said to brutally affect M1 killers. And that instant down killers and anti-heal killers might be the way to go. Should the devs nerf healing perks, buffs anti-heal perks, or have more killers to fight this?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593549#Comment_2593549

    Many have said that with COH healing near instant will be one of the best survivor strats with many other great healing perks and Med-Kits. And they triumph the main anti heal perk Sloppy and the other Coulrophobia has no chance. This is said to brutally affect M1 killers. And that instant down killers and anti-heal killers might be the way to go. Should the devs nerf healing perks, buffs anti-heal perks, or have more killers to fight this?

    I would like to see a healing meta on the killer side. Buffing anti-healing perks like Coulrophobia and Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain would be the way to do it. Not sure how we can buff them but I do believe with all the tools survivors have to keep themselves healthy, there’s potential for killer perks that are anti-healing to be a force to be reckoned with if they’re buffed the right way.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2584503#Comment_2584503

    Yeah I’ve noticed that too. Probably because OG 2016 and 2017 players have already quit or just don’t find going to the forums all necessary.

    Also, who knows, it will remain a mystery. It did come from high school which I graduated from in 2019.

    We're here too, and a lot of us have taken a break. Some multiple short breaks, myself, I took a break from late 2017 to early 2020 with some games inbetween(maybe a total of 15 games played over the course of 2 years, most being on a single day).

    Besides, the forums didnt exist back then, the forums are relatively new, since old players never had a forum to go to other than reddit, a lot of them simply never come here. If you wanna find OG players, you gotta visit reddit. I ended up coming here because I took a 2 year break and was essentially a "new" player due to all the changes. The forums kinda helped out getting back on track with current mechanics etc, rather than having to scour the wikipedia for information, while players who took smaller breaks than me, wouldnt really have to deal with that, and thus never come here.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593567#Comment_2593567

    I would like to see a healing meta on the killer side. Buffing anti-healing perks like Coulrophobia and Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain would be the way to do it. Not sure how we can buff them but I do believe with all the tools survivors have to keep themselves healthy, there’s potential for killer perks that are anti-healing to be a force to be reckoned with if they’re buffed the right way.

    37.Another perk recently fixed was Dead Hard to ensure no more exhausted on the ground. But, this wraps around to people saying now that it works it should be nerfed. It’s hated universally on the killer side and many on the survivor side still say to change. Should Dead Hard be changed?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593580#Comment_2593580

    37.Another perk recently fixed was Dead Hard to ensure no more exhausted on the ground. But, this wraps around to people saying now that it works it should be nerfed. It’s hated universally on the killer side and many on the survivor side still say to change. Should Dead Hard be changed?

    This is a very hard question for me to answer because as of late, Dead Hard has been my crutch and that side of wouldn’t want to see it nerfed. However I understand the frustrations and I think it can use a slight change to make DHing for distance more counterable.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596347#Comment_2596347

    This is a very hard question for me to answer because as of late, Dead Hard has been my crutch and that side of wouldn’t want to see it nerfed. However I understand the frustrations and I think it can use a slight change to make DHing for distance more counterable.

    38.Are there other survivor perks considered too strong?

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2584503#Comment_2584503

    Yeah I’ve noticed that too. Probably because OG 2016 and 2017 players have already quit or just don’t find going to the forums all necessary.

    Also, who knows, it will remain a mystery. It did come from high school which I graduated from in 2019.

    They have a special legacy forum.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596347#Comment_2596347

    This is a very hard question for me to answer because as of late, Dead Hard has been my crutch and that side of wouldn’t want to see it nerfed. However I understand the frustrations and I think it can use a slight change to make DHing for distance more counterable.

    It would be fine if there was some counterplay on it or restrictions/requirements to make it fair and that goes for all exhaustion perks (except head on as i think it a perfect example of it exhoustion perk)

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596590#Comment_2596590

    38.Are there other survivor perks considered too strong?

    I don’t think so. I hate Iron Will because it’s very strong with no downsides and completely takes away a gameplay mechanic from the killer side but I wouldn’t consider it OP.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597683#Comment_2597683

    I don’t think so. I hate Iron Will because it’s very strong with no downsides and completely takes away a gameplay mechanic from the killer side but I wouldn’t consider it OP.

    39.It seems all the problematic perks are with survivors. But is there any killer perk that needs a tone down?

1 2 3