Interview Series Episode 11: TheGannMan
After the series resumed to outstanding success with GeneralV the series will resume with @TheGannMan For those unaware the interview starts with simple questions and people are allowed to make commenat. And if anyone would post the past interviews much appreciated. So let’s begin.
1.How’d you discover DBD?
2.How’d you come up with the name TheGannMan?
Comments
Tinkerer can maybe have a one-time use but other than that, I think that other perks are fine.
I think a cooldown (maybe 30 seconds) for the specific gen might be better then a one time use i think
I guess that would be ok. I still think the perk would be strong with that.
Tinkerer is very strong on mobility killer that also have 1 gen defense perk (it usually paired up with ruin) i get it can be too stong so trying to balance it to make it less oppression is fine just not making it only have one time on each gen as it does make it weaker but too weak for people to have an incentive to use it.
40.Are there any perks that have great potential to be very good perks?
Ooooh! These are interesting. I look forward to seeing more.
Tinkerer used to proct at 85% repaired, and is now 70%. So maybe test it at 75% and 80% and see how it goes? Wouldn't that make sense in a PTB?
What about boons is RNG since we can choose where to place them hexes on the otherhand that is true. Unless of course you mean dull totem spawn zones?
I have to say Eruption. With gen regression being the meta, I think Eruption with the right buffs can make it very good. There just too much setup involved with it right now to consider it good.
Vigil is a survivor perk that came to mind. The buff it received certainly helped and it effecting exhaustion can give it a ton of potential since exhaustion is one of the strongest things in the game.
41.Perks many times have unnecessary conditions the most notorious an M1 requirement the devs seem to be changing this with Blood Favor and Third Seal no longer limited to an M1 what other perks should shred the M1 requirement?
Dark Devotion and Knock Out are the two main ones I want to get rid of M1 requirement.
42.Alight detour the teasers and leaks for the next chapter are already rolling. Some have said that behavior should slow the release of new content and focus on many current issues. Should the devs slow the new content?
I don’t have a strong opinion on it but I honestly like it when the content gets revealed on PTB date.
42.There has been critique on the need for slowdown perks and calls for gen changes have been made or some blame maps and killer design more. How can they fix this reliance on slowdown perks?
Map design is the worst. I never thought gens taking 80 seconds was the problem, it's terrible map design and to a degree, spawns. Maps need to be on Coal Tower and Dead Dawg Saloon's level of size and survivors should just always spawn together at the start of the game.
43.But would a gen rework still be good to make them more enjoyable and interactive?
I would like to see that but it is much simpler to do it the other way and the whole game would probably need to be balanced around the new objective that it might be too hard to implement. Maybe skill checks can be more challenging but less punishing when missed.
44.That’ll wrap it up, but if you have any words for the devs, community or what you believe is best for the game go ahead.
Thanks for it all, this was fun. Thanks to everyone that took the time to read the interview and I can’t wait for future interviews! Anyway to the devs, hopefully they can be more transparent to their community as we’re now having a DDOS problem and just something from BHVR would be good.