Deathslinger is garbage.

I'm sorry if I offend someone who plays a lot with him and is sad about this horrible change, but I'm right, I saw some streamers and my friends play with him and it's horrible, before his nerf he had more action speed when reloading and aim, now and dare I say.

That this is the worst nerf of all dbd. Now he is much slower and with a great radius terror, now it is difficult to aim, I really feel a lot for those who play with him, but it is not worth playing like him in his conditions.

Comments

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574316#Comment_2574316

    "Not one survivor got a buff." You mean besides the new survivor with broken boon totems?

    Also survivors don't need a buff. They're the most powerful side of this game by a mile.

    "They're the most powerful side of this game by a mile."

    I don't think you can use it for everyone.

    Low MMR - Killer sided

    Medium MMR - game is actually quite balanced for most killers here

    High MMR - survivor sided

    Even High MMR is not that survivor sided, if you use 1 of 5 best killers.

    Even with best killers, it is survivor sided, but only like tournament level, which I really wouldn't count to be honest. Tournament players, don't play against random killers, because it is boring. When they do on stream, they don't really try to destroy the killer, which is nice too see, so everyone can have fun.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574582#Comment_2574582

    The ADS cannot be changed in the settings. The generic mouse sensitivity can. No-one should have to explain to you the inherent issue here.

    And for the 20th time, although now you have to hear it from a different user, the perks are not what we're complaining about. The base kit is beyond borked.

    Edit: Adjusted some words as I have low faith in your reading comprehension.

    F your right it can't be changed. I thought there was but I was wrong. However unless these things below have changed and do far no mention of a bug I still think its him that sucks either way if he can't use it then try something else the best way for the devs to notice something is wrong is not to use it. Sorry it took me so long to respond I'm currently looking into the ads and pov but the first guy never mentioned these things he just kept saying it sucked


    Aim Down Sights (ADS):

    • Activate/Deactivate ADS: 0.4/0.6 seconds
    • ADS Zoom 125 %.
    • ADS Camera Yaw speed (horizontal): 40 % (50 % with Gamepad)
    • ADS Camera Pitch speed (vertical): 80 % (90 % with Gamepad)
    • ADS Movement speed: 3.74 m/s or 93.5 % (x0.85).
    • When Deathslinger is aiming at a Survivor within the maximum range of The Redeemer, that Survivor will hear a constant ringing sound that gets progressively louder the closer to the centre of Deathslinger's sights they are, warning them of an impending shot
  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574582#Comment_2574582

    Your overall sensitivity can be changed, but I am not aware that you could change only for his ADS, that is same for everyone.

    His POV sucks not because of bug, but because unlike other killers that keep they normal POV while using their power, Deathslinger changes his POV like he is aiming with his gun, so it gets lowered and you don't really see anything around you.

    This was always same, but noone did it before, because quick-scope was a thing. That's not possible and you are forced to deal with it.

    Again, I don't care how good the killer is. My main factor to play = as that killer fun? And I don't know about you, but Deathslinger is not.

    Pig and Trapper are one of the worst killers, but Pig is fun just for memes and Trapper is just super satisfying when your trap works.

    Well, Trapper might not be worst killer anymore, but hard to tell.

    Deathslinger will not be nowhere near close for title "worst killer", he got lower maybe like C tier for me (which is still not that bad), but he won title "least fun killer to play" for me. Which is bigger deal to me.

    I'm not necessarily sure that's not what was intended I believe that alot of those playing Deathslinger were not using the perks that would benefit him so they changed him so that you would have to. I think that the devs hate useless perks and will ultimately remove them if they are not forced to be used. So my notion is that they are basically forcing you to use those things to help in other aspects to make up for the pov and ADS tho it still could be an unknown bug or possibly a setting messed up on some people computer or console. But to flat out say Deathslinger sucks when I have whiteness so many not sucking seems kinda like he is the one sucking.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574601#Comment_2574601

    If you're maybe Nurse / spirit / blight Maybe,

    Not any other killer can compete Against a good Deathsquad my guy...

    I play as the pig and for the first time in years played as the Trapper. Got 4k with my pig 3 out of 5 matches and a 3k with my 1 match of Trapper. So you tell me dude lol

  • @Floppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574600#Comment_2574600

    I'm not necessarily sure that's not what was intended I believe that alot of those playing Deathslinger were not using the perks that would benefit him so they changed him so that you would have to. I think that the devs hate useless perks and will ultimately remove them if they are not forced to be used. So my notion is that they are basically forcing you to use those things to help in other aspects to make up for the pov and ADS tho it still could be an unknown bug or possibly a setting messed up on some people computer or console. But to flat out say Deathslinger sucks when I have whiteness so many not sucking seems kinda like he is the one sucking.

    Well, can't talk about him, maybe he does suck.

    My point is that Deathslinger doesn't really suck as a killer, he is still better than some weaker killers like Clown, Legion, Myers, Freddie etc., but he sucks to play as, even Freddie is more fun to play now and that used to be most boring killer to me.

    Build that is good for him:

    STBFL can help a lot, so you have faster time to down

    Pop / corrupt to slowdown the game, because he has bad 1v4

    Some info perk, so BBQ is good enough

    As last perk I would use something to get undetectable, or oblivious. Best I have found was Hysteria, Plaything and Tinkerer.

    But even with those perks, he gets better in terms of power-level, but playing as him will still suck, because how it feels.

    Hysteria + Nurse's calling could be quite good imo...

  • @Floppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574610#Comment_2574610

    I play as the pig and for the first time in years played as the Trapper. Got 4k with my pig 3 out of 5 matches and a 3k with my 1 match of Trapper. So you tell me dude lol

    That doesn't mean they are good...

    I am Legion main and get 4k in most of my games, but when I face dead squad I know I am going to lose, because they know Legion's weaknesses and play around them.

    Just because you can get 4k, doesn't mean that killer is good, it just means that you are better as player than those survivors you played against.

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574316#Comment_2574316

    "Not one survivor got a buff." You mean besides the new survivor with broken boon totems?

    Also survivors don't need a buff. They're the most powerful side of this game by a mile.

    That's not a buff that's how she came! I can see them newfangled her. But I can honestly see it getting better as people get tired of playing her. I never included in my list all the things that were there letcme show you what survivors got like everything not (suggesting that a survivor in itself is a buff means that survivor must of hurt you)

    Survivor Perks

    The following perks have become General Perks, and their names have changed:

    • Babysitter is now Guardian
    • Camaraderie is now Kinship
    • Second Wind is now Renewal
    • Better Together is now Situational Awareness
    • Fixated is now Self-Aware
    • Inner Strength is now Inner Healing


    That is all they had down for survivors. I wouldn't say survivors are more powerful at all! I main pig and I can say killers are by far more powerful but most killers don't know how to use there skills or are just looking for an easy 4k sorry not sorry if you are one of those killers

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574637#Comment_2574637

    Well, can't talk about him, maybe he does suck.

    My point is that Deathslinger doesn't really suck as a killer, he is still better than some weaker killers like Clown, Legion, Myers, Freddie etc., but he sucks to play as, even Freddie is moret fun to play now and that used to be most boring killer to me.

    Build that is good for him:

    STBFL can help a lot, so you have faster time to down

    Pop / corrupt to slowdown the game, because he has bad 1v4

    Some info perk, so BBQ is good enough

    As last perk I would use something to get undetectable, or oblivious. Best I have found was Hysteria, Plaything and Tinkerer.

    But even with those perks, he gets better in terms of power-level, but playing as him will still suck, because how it feels.

    Hysteria + Nurse's calling could be quite good imo...

    I can agree to this and I enjoy seeing someone who knows something about killers.

  • It's funny watching clear survivor mains who have clearly never play Deathslinger try to argue that Deathslinger isn't actually nerfed, but he was buffed.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574540#Comment_2574540

    Well he was one of my worst killers to play against when he released and after bitching about it I decided to just play him more. Made playing against him easier and that made me just play him more. Ranged killer > M1 killer except blight. Being a Huntress main and a big FPS player it only made sense to play those two. I do nothing but knife and tomohawk in call of duty and play other shooters so. But I think his time to down is only worse because trickster got buffed and to some he's still ass. I don't think he is but I can see it. But idk I guess RIP DS. Seems fine to me but you def play him more than me but nobody likes getting shot near instantly so here we are.

    I didn't mind playing against him, because I had so many hours on him, so I was really good at predicting, when he will shoot and could dodge it. I just dodged when I would shoot :D

    Again my issue is not power-level really, I just hate how it feels to play him now and I don't have any reason to play him now instead of just Huntress, or Trickster.

    Deathslinger was fun, because of quick-scope, he was never really good as a killer. 1v1 was only good thing about him, he still has better 1v1 than most killers. So I don't think he is worst killer by any means, he isn't even top 5 of worst killers, but I just hate how it feels to play him. It's not fun imo, Huntress is way better as a killer and more fun, I think Trickster is around same power-level as Deathslinger now, but he is also more fun for me, because I don't have to deal with that ######### ADS.

  • Want to use your power? Cooldown

    Want to not use your power anymore? Cooldown

    Missed shot? Cooldown and reload (another cooldown)

    Just fun stuff you know.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574540#Comment_2574540

    Well he was one of my worst killers to play against when he released and after bitching about it I decided to just play him more. Made playing against him easier and that made me just play him more. Ranged killer > M1 killer except blight. Being a Huntress main and a big FPS player it only made sense to play those two. I do nothing but knife and tomohawk in call of duty and play other shooters so. But I think his time to down is only worse because trickster got buffed and to some he's still ass. I don't think he is but I can see it. But idk I guess RIP DS. Seems fine to me but you def play him more than me but nobody likes getting shot near instantly so here we are.

    Personally the Clown and spirit are my hardest to play against I suck so bad when I go against them. But I'm not really a survivor I'm more a killer and I love playing pig manly cuz she is not scary and sometimes I get funny survivors. And as a killer I hardcore suck as a Huntress I'm ok with Deathslinger but not as good as the pig lol

  • @Floppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574629#Comment_2574629

    Personally the Clown and spirit are my hardest to play against I suck so bad when I go against them. But I'm not really a survivor I'm more a killer and I love playing pig manly cuz she is not scary and sometimes I get funny survivors. And as a killer I hardcore suck as a Huntress I'm ok with Deathslinger but not as good as the pig lol

    I play Pig mainly for Boop the Snoot. It sucks that I can't kill those survivors after it... rules are rules

    She has such any easy counter-play, buff for the Pig!

    I had one game where everyone I sneak up on, just boop the snoot. Yeah, 4 escapes that game...

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Want to use your power? Cooldown

    Want to not use your power anymore? Cooldown

    Missed shot? Cooldown and reload (another cooldown)

    Just fun stuff you know.

    You forgot:

    Want to stay in your power? Lower sensitivity and FOV

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574500#Comment_2574500

    I've played every killer at some point whether it was because I liked them or just wanted to try or for points. DS is one I like to play so yes i've played new and old slinger. He's fine you're just not being carried but a stupidly small terror radius so you have to actually hit your shots now instead of getting cheesy quick scopes that are near impossible to dodge with no warning. Also tiers for killers DO NOT matter. People can 4k with every killer when they get the right set of perks that fit their playstyle. So him not being above B tier means absolutely nothing. Survivor perks like pebble are never going to be above B tier either but people still like using it. Tiers mean nothing and since you talk about caring about how it feels you must also now how ######### it feels to get quick scoped when you had no chance of countering it or getting snuck up on by a slinger using monitor. So with that in mind Nerf def justified

    When Deathslinger is so trash he gets compared to pebble.

  • @Floppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574625#Comment_2574625

    That's not a buff that's how she came! I can see them newfangled her. But I can honestly see it getting better as people get tired of playing her. I never included in my list all the things that were there letcme show you what survivors got like everything not (suggesting that a survivor in itself is a buff means that survivor must of hurt you)

    Survivor Perks

    The following perks have become General Perks, and their names have changed:

    • Babysitter is now Guardian
    • Camaraderie is now Kinship
    • Second Wind is now Renewal
    • Better Together is now Situational Awareness
    • Fixated is now Self-Aware
    • Inner Strength is now Inner Healing

    That is all they had down for survivors. I wouldn't say survivors are more powerful at all! I main pig and I can say killers are by far more powerful but most killers don't know how to use there skills or are just looking for an easy 4k sorry not sorry if you are one of those killers

    Thats because you play at low mmr against potato survivors. If survivors are losing to pig. They are just bad

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574610#Comment_2574610

    You can get away with Oni too, if you use best perks tho, so you can snowball and gain your power.

    With Hag too, most dead squads are still not prepared to have one guy to harass you all the time, it happened to me only once, but yeah, then you are #########.

    Plague might be viable after buffs too, we will see.

    I am going to play her a lot, when I can't enjoy Deathslinger, they will not enjoy Circle of Healing.

    Oni is an iffy one. If they deny you a hit for a good while. chances are, you might not be able to make a good comeback per say... Despite him being up there

  • @Floppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574610#Comment_2574610

    I play as the pig and for the first time in years played as the Trapper. Got 4k with my pig 3 out of 5 matches and a 3k with my 1 match of Trapper. So you tell me dude lol

    Then yer at low Mmr to compensate.. Wait till you start climbin' higher, Trapper and piggy will become useless by the time you get them all kitted out,

  • @Jarol said:

    I'm sorry if I offend someone who plays a lot with him and is sad about this horrible change, but I'm right, I saw some streamers and my friends play with him and it's horrible, before his nerf he had more action speed when reloading and aim, now and dare I say.

    That this is the worst nerf of all dbd. Now he is much slower and with a great radius terror, now it is difficult to aim, I really feel a lot for those who play with him, but it is not worth playing like him in his conditions.

    His nerf was worse than Sprits and they need to roll it back some

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574616#Comment_2574616

    Oni is an iffy one. If they deny you a hit for a good while. chances are, you might not be able to make a good comeback per say... Despite him being up there

    Yeah, you need Tinkerer to get you power more reliably and Infectious Fright so you have better to chance for snowball. Then you just need slow-down perks.

  • Yeah I think slinger's nerf was overkill. And I just tried started playing as him before this patch. I probably still will to try and learn my shots and stuff.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    Yeah I think slinger's nerf was overkill. And I just tried started playing as him before this patch. I probably still will to try and learn my shots and stuff.

    I wonder how long will you last.

    My limit was 5 games after and over 200 hours before nerf...

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575308#Comment_2575308

    I wonder how long will you last.

    My limit was 5 games after and over 200 hours before nerf...

    I'll play probably one game then that'll be it for a while lol. idk man

  • @Floppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574369#Comment_2574369

    The Deathslinger

    • The Deathslinger must now wait for the Enter Aim animation to complete before being able to fire (0.4 seconds)
    • The Deathslinger must now wait for the Exit Aim animation to complete before being able to attack (0.6 seconds)
    • Increased movement speed when aiming down sights to 85% (was 75%)
    • The cooldown when a survivor breaks free is now the same duration as a successful hit cooldown
    • Increased terror radius to 32 meters (was 24 meters)
    • Add-on – Gold Creek Whiskey: Removed movement speed penalty
    • Add-on – Marshal’s Badge: Removed movement speed penalty
    • Add-on – Iridescent Coin: Decreased range requirement to 12 meters (was 15 meters)
    • Add-on – Wanted Poster: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 2.5% (was 10%)
    • Add-on – Jaw Smasher: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 1% (was 5%)
    • Reworked Add-on – Hellshire Iron: When a Survivor is speared, gain Undetectable. The effect persists for 10 seconds after the Survivor is no longer speared.

    Most of these are changes in rarity not a nerf in fact most of them are BUFFS! Unless you can't read it's obvious that you are bad at playing Deathslinger.

    idk why people like you only see if smth is a buff or nerf, but never check how big of a buff/nerf the change is...

    irrelevant

  • "Balance" dev btw.

  • I can only agree with you that this is the worst nerf in DBD.

    In other words, I think it's the worst nerf of all the nerfs, like how Hillbilly's chainsaw now has a constant speed limiter.

  • @Floppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/288277/deathslinger-is-garbage

    General

    • Base trap carrying capacity and starting traps increased to 2 (was 1)
    • Trap aura color changed from red to white to be consistent with other killer object auras

    Trapper

    Base trap carrying capacity and starting traps increased to 2 (was 1)

    The number of traps spawned on a given map is now always 6 (was random 4-6)

    Add-on – Trapper Gloves: Setting speed bonus increased to 30% (was 20%)

    Add-on – Secondary Coil: Increased trap disarm time to 50% (was 43%)

    Trapper Sack: Bear Traps are carried at the beginning of the trial instead of spawning on the map.

    The Wraith

    Uncloaking speed boost duration reduced to 1 seconds (was 1.25 seconds)

    Hill Billy

    Add-on – Death Engravings: Added effect: Decreases heat generated while charging by 14%

    Add-on – Doom Engravings: Added effect: Decreases heat generated while charging by 14%

    Add-on – Mother’s Helpers: Charge speed bonus after being stunned increased to 18% (was 12%)

    Add-on – Tuned Carburetor: Charge speed bonus increased to 25% (was 20%)

    The Nurse

    Add-on – Torn Bookmark: Removed line of sight restriction. Added effect: Increases Blink recharge time by 50%

    The Shape

    Add-on – Vanity Mirror: Removed speed penalty

    The Hag

    Add-on – Waterlogged Shoe: Increased speed bonus to 4.5% (was 2%)

    The Pig

    • Add-on – Bag of Gears: Increased Reverse Bear Trap setting speed bonus to 50% (was 20%)
    • Add-on – Crate of Gears: Decreased Jigsaw Box search penalty to 33% (was 43%)
    • Add-on – Tampered Timer: Decreased Reverse Bear Trap death timer modification to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds)
    • Add-on – Amanda’s Letter: Jigsaw Box reduction removed. Aura reveal range increased to 16 meters (was 12 meters)
    • Reworked Add-on – John’s Medical File: Increases crouched move speed by 6%
    • Reworked Add-on – Razor Wires: Failing a Jigsaw Box skill check while uninjured will injure the survivor

    The Spirit

    While phase walking Survivors within 24 meters of The Spirit (not the husk) hear a directional audio cue that gains volume with proximity

    The Plague

    • If the power button is released early, Vile Purge will continue charging to the minimum threshold instead of cancelling and entering cooldown
    • Vile Purge cooldown move speed increased from 2.3m/s to 3.6m/s
    • Base object infection time increased to 40 seconds (was 35 seconds)
    • Time to cleanse at a fountain increased to 8 seconds (was 6 seconds)
    • Add-on – Limestone Seal: Object infection bonus increased to 20 seconds (was 5 seconds)
    • Add-on – Emetic Potion: Increased Vile Purge effectiveness bonus to 30% (was 25%)
    • Add-on – Hematite Seal: Object infection bonus increased to 30 seconds (was 10 seconds)

    Add-on – Ashen Apple: Removed object infection duration modifier. Added effect: Increases the number of Pools of Devotion in the trial by 1

    • Add-on – Exorcism Amulet: Increased Corrupt Purge duration bonus to 10 seconds (was 6 seconds)
    • Add-on – Devotees Amulet: Increased Corrupt Purge duration bonus to 20 seconds (was 8 seconds)

    Reworked Add-on – Vile Emetic: Increases velocity of vomit projectiles by 10%

    The Deathslinger

    • Increased movement speed when aiming down sights to 85% (was 75%)
    • The cooldown when a survivor breaks free is now the same duration as a successful hit cooldown
    • Add-on – Gold Creek Whiskey: Removed movement speed penalty
    • Add-on – Marshal’s Badge: Removed movement speed penalty
    • Add-on – Iridescent Coin: Decreased range requirement to 12 meters (was 15 meters)
    • Add-on – Wanted Poster: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 2.5% (was 10%)
    • Add-on – Jaw Smasher: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 1% (was 5%)

    The Ghost Face

    • Night Shroud recovery time decreased to 24 seconds (was 30 seconds)
    • Add-on – Walleye’s Matchbook: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 2 seconds (was 4 seconds)
    • Add-on – Olson’s Address Book: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 3 seconds (was 6 seconds)
    • Add-on – Chewed Pen: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 4 seconds (was 8 seconds)

    The Blight

    • Add-on – Adrenaline Vial: Increased rush token recharge bonus to 1 second (was 0.75 seconds). Added effect: Increases Rushing speed by 10%
    • Add-on – Summoning Stone: Increased pallet blocking range to 16 meters (was 12 meters). Increased pallet blocking duration to 15 seconds (was 6 seconds)

    The Oni

    Add-on – Scalped Topknot: Reduced Demon Dash activation reduction to 0.5 seconds (was 1 second)

    The Trickster

    Add-on – Ji-Woon’s Autograph: Decreased the reduction of blades required to 1 (was 2)

    These are the newest reworks and added things to the game I looked through them and removed ones that were reworks or a change of rarity. And found 7 things they changed that were not in favor of the killers.

    Also it should be mentioned that not a single survivor got buffed! Some of the names of the items perks ect have been changed but not a single buff! I don't play as survivor alot but as a killer main I can nearly always get a 4k without camping tunneling or needing of underhanded tactics. It's sad af to see all those buffs given to killers and they are still so bad at the game they have to come here and complain or camp and tunnel... These are not nerfs!

    It was not necessary to write about the changes of the rest of the killers, we talked about Deathslinger.

    FAZ3yZcUcAAABu_.jpg


  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575178#Comment_2575178

    Yeah, you need Tinkerer to get you power more reliably and Infectious Fright so you have better to chance for snowball. Then you just need slow-down perks.

    i think even with tinkerer.. it'll be rough to say the least if it's a pure 4 man deathsquad..

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575210#Comment_2575210

    i think even with tinkerer.. it'll be rough to say the least if it's a pure 4 man deathsquad..

    Of course it will be hard, but it's just impossible for most killers. It is possible with Oni, but still hard.

    Let's be honest, it's not easy with any killer...

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2576105#Comment_2576105

    Of course it will be hard, but it's just impossible for most killers. It is possible with Oni, but still hard.

    Let's be honest, it's not easy with any killer...

    Pfh... they're the same players that cry wolf about Nurse / spirit / blight being "Too Op"

    ...if only survivor mains played killer for a month straight at high mmr.. to know what it feels like to be screwed over..

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2576109#Comment_2576109

    Pfh... they're the same players that cry wolf about Nurse / spirit / blight being "Too Op"

    ...if only survivor mains played killer for a month straight at high mmr.. to know what it feels like to be screwed over..

    You are naive, they would have to get to high MMR first :D

  • Now you have to actually aim, my bad, life is so hard.

    DeathSlinger requires skill now, practice or don't play him.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2576164#Comment_2576164

    You are naive, they would have to get to high MMR first :D

    Pfh. which is already "Ez" by their standards...=P

  • @Jarol said:

    I'm sorry if I offend someone who plays a lot with him and is sad about this horrible change, but I'm right, I saw some streamers and my friends play with him and it's horrible, before his nerf he had more action speed when reloading and aim, now and dare I say.

    That this is the worst nerf of all dbd. Now he is much slower and with a great radius terror, now it is difficult to aim, I really feel a lot for those who play with him, but it is not worth playing like him in his conditions.

    Get good scrub

  • @DoomedMind said:

    Now you have to actually aim, my bad, life is so hard.

    DeathSlinger requires skill now, practice or don't play him.

    Riddle me this.

    What kind of skill can I acquire to counter the fact that the Survivors hear my Terror Radius 8m sooner? If the Survivors know what's up they can run early and make me follow after them and gain distance at a ridiculously slow rate of 0.4 m/s. That extra 8m of distance will lengthen the chase by 20 seconds at that rate of catching up.

  • @DoomedMind said:

    Now you have to actually aim, my bad, life is so hard.

    DeathSlinger requires skill now, practice or don't play him.

    Well, playing against Deathslinger doesn't require skill anymore, maybe survivors should practive instead of crying.

    I can agree with bigger TR and fake ADS nerf, but quick-scope nerf is what killed him for me.

    He is just not interesting nor fun to play without it. That's not hard to understand imo. I don't think he ever was an easy killer, but quite a lot of players were good with him, because of FPS games, which is not a thing anymore.

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574392#Comment_2574392

    idk why people like you only see if smth is a buff or nerf, but never check how big of a buff/nerf the change is...

    irrelevant

    Right its irrelevant because "you" say so. I would roll my eyes but it doesn't matter you can think what you want but I guess me and the devs as well as so many others are wrong. Keep telling yourself that it will make you right

  • @Jarol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574316#Comment_2574316

    It was not necessary to write about the changes of the rest of the killers, we talked about Deathslinger.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PFTXI377SYF4/faz3yzcucaaabu.jpg

    It was a copy paste so... my bad?

  • @Floppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575449#Comment_2575449

    Right its irrelevant because "you" say so. I would roll my eyes but it doesn't matter you can think what you want but I guess me and the devs as well as so many others are wrong. Keep telling yourself that it will make you right

    You don't think he is right? That how big change it is matters a lot?

    Alright, let's add 3 gens to do, but survivors do them 5 seconds faster... There is buff and nerf, so balanced, right?

    And yeah, devs can be wrong, nothing new. They completely failed to see main issue with Deathslinger and over-nerfed him hard.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2580355#Comment_2580355

    You don't think he is right? That how big change it is matters a lot?

    Alright, let's add 3 gens to do, but survivors do them 5 seconds faster... There is buff and nerf, so balanced, right?

    And yeah, devs can be wrong, nothing new. They completely failed to see main issue with Deathslinger and over-nerfed him hard.

    He isn't right about Deathslinger being bad when he refuses to do anything new. I will admit that some of his pov is crappy at times but not enough to justify saying it's crappy and that only got nerfed! He also said that survivors got a bunch of buffs but then deleted it when I proved him wrong. No devs are often wrong but it still doesn't mean Deathslinger is bad. It means it can use improvements but lots of other players still do well with him. You are not wrong

  • @Floppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2580784#Comment_2580784

    He isn't right about Deathslinger being bad when he refuses to do anything new. I will admit that some of his pov is crappy at times but not enough to justify saying it's crappy and that only got nerfed! He also said that survivors got a bunch of buffs but then deleted it when I proved him wrong. No devs are often wrong but it still doesn't mean Deathslinger is bad. It means it can use improvements but lots of other players still do well with him. You are not wrong

    Sorry, I can't find that comment how you proved him wrong. Those new perk buffs are super nice and I love using those perks tho.


    Deathslinger is not useless, he has still one of the best 1v1 in the game, problem is that he is just boring and worse than other ranged killers.

    I would be fine with bigger TR, I would be fine with ADS fake nerf, but I am not fine with quick-scope nerf. That was only thing he was better than other ranged killers and made him unique and it was main reason why FPS players played him.

    He is not dead because he is worst killer now, because it's not true, he is nowhere near close to that. He is dead because he is boring af now. You are forced to use zoning way more than before, because survivors can react to your ADS easily now and I just hate that.

    I would actually still play him without that quick-scope nerf even tho he would get worse as a killer. So I switched to Trickster as my main ranged type killer, he is actually quite fun and decent after his buffs...

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2581000#Comment_2581000

    Sorry, I can't find that comment how you proved him wrong. Those new perk buffs are super nice and I love using those perks tho.

    Deathslinger is not useless, he has still one of the best 1v1 in the game, problem is that he is just boring and worse than other ranged killers.

    I would be fine with bigger TR, I would be fine with ADS fake nerf, but I am not fine with quick-scope nerf. That was only thing he was better than other ranged killers and made him unique and it was main reason why FPS players played him.

    He is not dead because he is worst killer now, because it's not true, he is nowhere near close to that. He is dead because he is boring af now. You are forced to use zoning way more than before, because survivors can react to your ADS easily now and I just hate that.

    I would actually still play him without that quick-scope nerf even tho he would get worse as a killer. So I switched to Trickster as my main ranged type killer, he is actually quite fun and decent after his buffs...

    I deleted the comment reacting to it because he deleted his. I agree with this I don't think he is bad I don't think he got nerfed. He for sure needs a rework because he has some obvious problems. But I can agree to your assessment. I think the guy who made this post was whining and saying it was bad because he couldn't breeze through things well and also the new survivor is broken. He kept saying he didn't want to use different perks or add ons (not saying they fix the issues but maybe they can help) he just kept insisting that they always nerf Deathslinger and buff survivors. I don't think Deathslinger is an easy killer but he for sure isn't unplayable crap. Thank you

  • Deathslinger got the Hillbilly treatment, big oof

  • @Floppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575449#Comment_2575449

    Right its irrelevant because "you" say so. I would roll my eyes but it doesn't matter you can think what you want but I guess me and the devs as well as so many others are wrong. Keep telling yourself that it will make you right

    i said its irrelevant because you only look at like 10% of the actual 'picture'


    and just because devs do smth, that does not mean they are right, in fact they have proven many times, including this one, that they have no clue what the ######### are they doing

  • @Floppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/288277/deathslinger-is-garbage

    General

    • Base trap carrying capacity and starting traps increased to 2 (was 1)
    • Trap aura color changed from red to white to be consistent with other killer object auras

    Trapper

    Base trap carrying capacity and starting traps increased to 2 (was 1)

    The number of traps spawned on a given map is now always 6 (was random 4-6)

    Add-on – Trapper Gloves: Setting speed bonus increased to 30% (was 20%)

    Add-on – Secondary Coil: Increased trap disarm time to 50% (was 43%)

    Trapper Sack: Bear Traps are carried at the beginning of the trial instead of spawning on the map.

    The Wraith

    Uncloaking speed boost duration reduced to 1 seconds (was 1.25 seconds)

    Hill Billy

    Add-on – Death Engravings: Added effect: Decreases heat generated while charging by 14%

    Add-on – Doom Engravings: Added effect: Decreases heat generated while charging by 14%

    Add-on – Mother’s Helpers: Charge speed bonus after being stunned increased to 18% (was 12%)

    Add-on – Tuned Carburetor: Charge speed bonus increased to 25% (was 20%)

    The Nurse

    Add-on – Torn Bookmark: Removed line of sight restriction. Added effect: Increases Blink recharge time by 50%

    The Shape

    Add-on – Vanity Mirror: Removed speed penalty

    The Hag

    Add-on – Waterlogged Shoe: Increased speed bonus to 4.5% (was 2%)

    The Pig

    • Add-on – Bag of Gears: Increased Reverse Bear Trap setting speed bonus to 50% (was 20%)
    • Add-on – Crate of Gears: Decreased Jigsaw Box search penalty to 33% (was 43%)
    • Add-on – Tampered Timer: Decreased Reverse Bear Trap death timer modification to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds)
    • Add-on – Amanda’s Letter: Jigsaw Box reduction removed. Aura reveal range increased to 16 meters (was 12 meters)
    • Reworked Add-on – John’s Medical File: Increases crouched move speed by 6%
    • Reworked Add-on – Razor Wires: Failing a Jigsaw Box skill check while uninjured will injure the survivor

    The Spirit

    While phase walking Survivors within 24 meters of The Spirit (not the husk) hear a directional audio cue that gains volume with proximity

    The Plague

    • If the power button is released early, Vile Purge will continue charging to the minimum threshold instead of cancelling and entering cooldown
    • Vile Purge cooldown move speed increased from 2.3m/s to 3.6m/s
    • Base object infection time increased to 40 seconds (was 35 seconds)
    • Time to cleanse at a fountain increased to 8 seconds (was 6 seconds)
    • Add-on – Limestone Seal: Object infection bonus increased to 20 seconds (was 5 seconds)
    • Add-on – Emetic Potion: Increased Vile Purge effectiveness bonus to 30% (was 25%)
    • Add-on – Hematite Seal: Object infection bonus increased to 30 seconds (was 10 seconds)

    Add-on – Ashen Apple: Removed object infection duration modifier. Added effect: Increases the number of Pools of Devotion in the trial by 1

    • Add-on – Exorcism Amulet: Increased Corrupt Purge duration bonus to 10 seconds (was 6 seconds)
    • Add-on – Devotees Amulet: Increased Corrupt Purge duration bonus to 20 seconds (was 8 seconds)

    Reworked Add-on – Vile Emetic: Increases velocity of vomit projectiles by 10%

    The Deathslinger

    • Increased movement speed when aiming down sights to 85% (was 75%)
    • The cooldown when a survivor breaks free is now the same duration as a successful hit cooldown
    • Add-on – Gold Creek Whiskey: Removed movement speed penalty
    • Add-on – Marshal’s Badge: Removed movement speed penalty
    • Add-on – Iridescent Coin: Decreased range requirement to 12 meters (was 15 meters)
    • Add-on – Wanted Poster: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 2.5% (was 10%)
    • Add-on – Jaw Smasher: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 1% (was 5%)

    The Ghost Face

    • Night Shroud recovery time decreased to 24 seconds (was 30 seconds)
    • Add-on – Walleye’s Matchbook: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 2 seconds (was 4 seconds)
    • Add-on – Olson’s Address Book: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 3 seconds (was 6 seconds)
    • Add-on – Chewed Pen: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 4 seconds (was 8 seconds)

    The Blight

    • Add-on – Adrenaline Vial: Increased rush token recharge bonus to 1 second (was 0.75 seconds). Added effect: Increases Rushing speed by 10%
    • Add-on – Summoning Stone: Increased pallet blocking range to 16 meters (was 12 meters). Increased pallet blocking duration to 15 seconds (was 6 seconds)

    The Oni

    Add-on – Scalped Topknot: Reduced Demon Dash activation reduction to 0.5 seconds (was 1 second)

    The Trickster

    Add-on – Ji-Woon’s Autograph: Decreased the reduction of blades required to 1 (was 2)

    These are the newest reworks and added things to the game I looked through them and removed ones that were reworks or a change of rarity. And found 7 things they changed that were not in favor of the killers.

    Also it should be mentioned that not a single survivor got buffed! Some of the names of the items perks ect have been changed but not a single buff! I don't play as survivor alot but as a killer main I can nearly always get a 4k without camping tunneling or needing of underhanded tactics. It's sad af to see all those buffs given to killers and they are still so bad at the game they have to come here and complain or camp and tunnel... These are not nerfs!

    survivors have perks, which a lot got buffed with only a few killer perks being buffed. survivors don't even need a buff AS IS!.


    Also the only nerf slinger got was his chain escape animation, aim in and aim out. also terror radius, everything else was a buff. and to be honest, they buffed weak killers, and they nerfed wraith spirit and deathslinger. buffed plague and trapper, this was needed survivor buffs were not needed, plus, built to last is now disgustingly op, vigil is good, babysitter and BT is good if u don't want your team to get tunnelled. and many other things. please think before you speak

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2580355#Comment_2580355

    i said its irrelevant because you only look at like 10% of the actual 'picture'

    and just because devs do smth, that does not mean they are right, in fact they have proven many times, including this one, that they have no clue what the ######### are they doing

    I can agree that devs don't really have an idea what they are doing. It kinda feels like they are just doing random things to see what sticks.

  • @ShadowNurseZFX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574316#Comment_2574316

    survivors have perks, which a lot got buffed with only a few killer perks being buffed. survivors don't even need a buff AS IS!.

    Also the only nerf slinger got was his chain escape animation, aim in and aim out. also terror radius, everything else was a buff. and to be honest, they buffed weak killers, and they nerfed wraith spirit and deathslinger. buffed plague and trapper, this was needed survivor buffs were not needed, plus, built to last is now disgustingly op, vigil is good, babysitter and BT is good if u don't want your team to get tunnelled. and many other things. please think before you speak

    They didn't buff any of the survivors this time so I don't know why you think that you can plainly see it in the patch notes. As far as I can tell they exchanged Deathslingers ads system for something else some people are finding it hard to use him. I can't say he got a huge buff but a few of his things got a slight buff. I can say he needs a work over I played him the other night he seems janky like his aim is a bit off. I don't play him alot so I would suck even if he was in great working order. However the patch notes clearly show that no survivor has gotten a buff at least not in this recent patch. And Trapper needed a buff horribly he is the main reason this game has been considered so unbalanced. Honestly Spirit and Wraith needed a nerf. But I don't think Deathslinger needed a nerf. They are currently balancing things out and they might change them again later to hopefully make things a but more fair. Right now things seem to be a bit chaotic.

  • yeah deathslinger was killed. anyone who disagress is just a potato surv in disguise.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2576337#Comment_2576337

    Riddle me this.

    What kind of skill can I acquire to counter the fact that the Survivors hear my Terror Radius 8m sooner? If the Survivors know what's up they can run early and make me follow after them and gain distance at a ridiculously slow rate of 0.4 m/s. That extra 8m of distance will lengthen the chase by 20 seconds at that rate of catching up.

    It's the same sh*t for every non-mobility killer, even 115%. 0.6m/s is also super slow to catch up with a W-gamer.

    Huntress has the same problem than him, but the lullaby is even bigger than his TR, and she has to wait the full charge to hit a fast hatchet. But in proper hands she's strong, now it is the same for the DeathSlinger.

    I see you have a certain amount of comments/posts here so you're certainly not a beginner but sometimes we forget the basics : come from somewhere the survivor won't be able to flee you in a way you can't cut his trajectory. With 110% you have to outposition sooner more than the other killers the survivors.

    @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2576337#Comment_2576337

    Well, playing against Deathslinger doesn't require skill anymore, maybe survivors should practive instead of crying.

    I can agree with bigger TR and fake ADS nerf, but quick-scope nerf is what killed him for me.

    He is just not interesting nor fun to play without it. That's not hard to understand imo. I don't think he ever was an easy killer, but quite a lot of players were good with him, because of FPS games, which is not a thing anymore.

    The quick scope thing was why he was so unfair and so unfun to play against. There is no practice in earth that makes you realistically able to react to a 0.3s move.

    Plus the fact that as a survivor you had to move in a stupid trajectory so you hope to avoid a sudden quick scope, but by doing so, the DeathSlinger outposition quickly and for free, just because he CAN quick scope.

    Quick scoping doesn't require to aim well. That's my opinion. It's just the easy way to have shots.

    Now he's hard, but fair. People who actually know how to outposition, how to move, and how to aim will perform with him.

    Saying he's garbage because you don't use him well is the same as saying Nurse is trash because you have to put 15 hours in her to more or less master her. People have to play him in another way than before.

  • I can't believe deathslinger has dethroned ptb trickster as the worst ranged killer in the game.

1 2 3