How can people defend BHVR right now?

You’re defending a company that’s supporting an environmentally harmful scam that has no benefits. Defending them for releasing crappy patches is just whatever but are you actually serious right now? NFTs are awful they along with the people associated with them should have no reason to be tolerated whatsoever.

I’m just absolutely disgusted right now and it’s such a shame because I was looking forward to today as Spirit got a great update. Now I don’t even want to play the game anymore. Good job devs.

Comments

  • Not the devs. It’s the higher ups at fault here.

    its very likely (most of) the devs didn’t know about the NFT stuff at all. We know McLean and others didn’t know.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Mooks said:

    Not the devs. It’s the higher ups at fault here.

    its very likely (most of) the devs didn’t know about the NFT stuff at all. We know McLean and others didn’t know.

    They still happily support the company that makes them so that’s about as bad.

  • Don't ask me, I don't know either/

  • I'm Bittersweet that they actually fessed up about it finally; but that's all I'm moderately ok with here.

    This whole NFT thing is a shambles... 😞

  • @Alzheimerion said:

    Every company is harmful for the enviroment so might as well boycot them all and go back to living in a forest. I defend BHVR because I want a new Nemesis skin and I don't care how many slugs or lizards will die for it.

    Every company? That is just not true at all.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Alzheimerion said:

    Every company is harmful for the enviroment so might as well boycot them all and go back to living in a forest. I defend BHVR because I want a new Nemesis skin and I don't care how many slugs or lizards will die for it.

    The Lizards and Slugs are actually worth saving...

    I'm going to stop that sentence there before I say anything that will get me banned.

  • The question is who is responsible. Wait for a statment that should come given enough outcry.

    However I would not blame the devs as I would not blame the mods on this forum or any streamer that plays DbD. I highly doubt most devs are aware of this situation because let us be serious for a moment: We all know that the dev know very little about their own game and now we are supposed to believe that they know about NFTs? Come on get real.

    I will not defend the company on this issue. However I will still stand by things they have done well: The patch coming today looks good and buffs my favourite killer (Ghostface), the new survivor looks fine and I am interested in Boon Totems and Pinhead is a descent Killer that I enjoy playing (good ability, good gameplay, nice chase music, good perks). I will not discredit this because it is all true for me. Still that NFT thing is annoying as ######### and they should quit it. I want my next DLC with a "NFT free"-lable or I am not buying it.

  • idc about nft but the fact they're prioritising this ######### over game health speaks volumes

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571309#Comment_2571309

    They still happily support the company that makes them so that’s about as bad.

    We really don’t know if they happily support this if they just got the information yesterday the same way we did

  • This content has been removed.
  • I'm not defending them but i don't see the worth in me "attacking" them by stopping playing the video game that i enjoy. I just won't buy NFTs, that's enough for me.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm not defending them but i don't see the worth in me "attacking" them by stopping playing the video game that i enjoy. I just won't buy NFTs, that's enough for me.

    That’s true. At the end of the day, we’ll probably still play the game anyway. I still enjoy it nonetheless.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571309#Comment_2571309

    They still happily support the company that makes them so that’s about as bad.

    You don't know if they happily support the company. But they all can't just walk out of their high-end job, not everyone has that kind of freedom in their lives.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm not defending them but i don't see the worth in me "attacking" them by stopping playing the video game that i enjoy. I just won't buy NFTs, that's enough for me.

    If you buy the chapter your supporting nfts as the money will go to the people who currently own the license and are pulling this scam

  • @Alzheimerion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571325#Comment_2571325

    Wow that surely was something scary, I'm glad you held out!

    Thanks man.

    Apologies for the scare (it is Halloween season, afterall...) 🎃

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571346#Comment_2571346

    If you buy the chapter your supporting nfts as the money will go to the people who currently own the license and are pulling this scam

    Indirectly supporting. I ultimately don't have control over where my money goes. When i buy anything from BHVR. That money could be in some person's paycheck, that could be used for what i would see as horrible things. I just don't see the point of worrying about stuff like that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571356#Comment_2571356

    Indirectly supporting. I ultimately don't have control over where my money goes. When i buy anything from BHVR. That money could be in some person's paycheck, that could be used for what i would see as horrible things. I just don't see the point of worrying about stuff like that.

    What do you mean you have no control over where your money goes

  • By not buying the hellraiser chapter they will get the data that the chapter is a miss plus the current owners of the hellraiser ip won't be getting support from you

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571359#Comment_2571359

    What do you mean you have no control over where your money goes

    I mean exactly that. When i pay anyone for anything. I don't have control of what they do with that money anymore.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571356#Comment_2571356

    Indirectly supporting. I ultimately don't have control over where my money goes. When i buy anything from BHVR. That money could be in some person's paycheck, that could be used for what i would see as horrible things. I just don't see the point of worrying about stuff like that.

    I would add that you are also support the good side of BHVR. You are supporting their creative team who most likely had no clue about NFTs, you are supporting their good project like anything they do about pride and representation and you are also paying taxes, supporting schools and other public services.

    Like...maybe you are supporting the NFT thing. But you are also support the Ghostface mask that got released this year based on DbDs model that brings joy to people on Halloween. Seeing this black and white is not a good idea this time. This is not Blizzard with their sexual harassment case, this is a more complex issue.


    The fact is that you have some control over your money and yes, you should use it. Costumer decisions are important to change the economy and to direct the market into the way we want it.

    We should first and formost be mad if we are lied to or if facts where obsurced to us that influenced or decisions as a costumer. Information is key for us to exercise our power and if the information it tained then it is bad.

  • What do BHVR actually gain from this?

    It seems its only making people upset so I don't get it.

  • @Luciferr_2nd said:

    What do BHVR actually gain from this?

    It seems its only making people upset so I don't get it.

    I don't get why does it make people upset. I couldn't care less.

    Everyone that does is just hypocrit imo. Using systems that take a lot of energy, but cry about this one, just because they don't own any crypto currency.

  • I think the whole thing is intriguing.

    It's interesting to see.

    The outrage. The condemnation.

    A whole lot of "literally shaking right now" going on.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571374#Comment_2571374

    I don't get why does it make people upset. I couldn't care less.

    Everyone that does is just hypocrit imo. Using systems that take a lot of energy, but cry about this one, just because they don't own any crypto currency.

    Sending one bit coin payment is the equivalent of 1.9million separate visa transactions

    People aren't hypocrites, they're using the easiest the least impactful thing possible to send money around the world, crypto currencies are ridiculously inefficient, especially for something like NFTs which doesn't actually mean you own something, it's just an online receipt to say you own a copy of the thing, it's ridiculous.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571346#Comment_2571346

    That’s true. At the end of the day, we’ll probably still play the game anyway. I still enjoy it nonetheless.

    lmao

    • Outraged
    • Heartbroken
    • BETRAYED
    • How 'bout those boon totems tho...

    These forums in a nutshell.

  • @not_Queef said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571348#Comment_2571348

    lmao

    • Outraged
    • Heartbroken
    • BETRAYED
    • How 'bout those boon totems tho...

    These forums in a nutshell.

    Bruh what?

  • @not_Queef said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571348#Comment_2571348

    lmao

    • Outraged
    • Heartbroken
    • BETRAYED
    • How 'bout those boon totems tho...

    These forums in a nutshell.

    I think we're also getting plenty of spelling errors as a lot of people are "literally shaking" right now.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571374#Comment_2571374

    I don't get why does it make people upset. I couldn't care less.

    Everyone that does is just hypocrit imo. Using systems that take a lot of energy, but cry about this one, just because they don't own any crypto currency.

    I don't know, man.

    I mean it's kinda hard to side with a business known for being full of scams (Any Alt Coin ever), stolen assets and art (NFTs), and literal criminal activities (Coffeezilla and SOG has an amazing ongoing series about literally this right now.)

    It's pretty hard not to take a moral stance against this type of crap, but hey..

    What can I say?

    I'm just a human being whose morals aren't based on what is or isn't "law" but what I think is right or wrong. And I'm pretty damn sure that not trying to support a company supporting these practices in their market makes me a pretty good person even if my role in this is to inform and educate others.

  • @GannTM said:

    You’re defending a company that’s supporting an environmentally harmful scam that has no benefits. Defending them for releasing crappy patches is just whatever but are you actually serious right now? NFTs are awful they along with the people associated with them should have no reason to be tolerated whatsoever.

    I’m just absolutely disgusted right now and it’s such a shame because I was looking forward to today as Spirit got a great update. Now I don’t even want to play the game anymore. Good job devs.

    you will keep playing dbd and roam the forum, don't fool yourself

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571374#Comment_2571374

    I don't get why does it make people upset. I couldn't care less.

    Everyone that does is just hypocrit imo. Using systems that take a lot of energy, but cry about this one, just because they don't own any crypto currency.

    Crypto's a ponzi scheme designed to screw over the people already socioeconomically disenfranchised while couched in 'for the people' rhetoric, and is an existential threat to the sustainability of the planet. Whether you personally care is irrelevant - it does have an effect upon your life, whether you want to be honest about its tangibility or not.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571378#Comment_2571378

    Sending one bit coin payment is the equivalent of 1.9million separate visa transactions

    People aren't hypocrites, they're using the easiest the least impactful thing possible to send money around the world, crypto currencies are ridiculously inefficient, especially for something like NFTs which doesn't actually mean you own something, it's just an online receipt to say you own a copy of the thing, it's ridiculous.

    And where did you take that BS number?

    It doesn't make sense. Bit coin transfer is peer to peer.


    "online receipt to say you own a copy of the thing"

    Oh, right. Like game accounts and skins etc., where you don't really own it on most systems, League of legends for example, where selling your account is illegal practice. You just got access to it, but don't own it.

    Steam is little different, you can trade content (skins etc.), but you can't get your money actually back, you can only trade for different things.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571396#Comment_2571396

    And where did you take that BS number?

    It doesn't make sense. Bit coin transfer is peer to peer.

    "online receipt to say you own a copy of the thing"

    Oh, right. Like game accounts and skins etc., where you don't really own it on most systems, League of legends for example, where selling your account is illegal practice. You just got access to it, but don't own it.

    Steam is little different, you can trade content (skins etc.), but you can't get your money actually back, you can only trade for different things.

    You clearly don't understand crypto currency at all, when a transaction is made, thousands upon thousands of computers are used to "mine" and verify the transaction, if you're going to argue for something you could at least know the first thing about it.


    And yes, steam is similar etc, but I'm not using bitcoins that hundreds of thousands of machines around the world used to generate 0.0000000000000000001 cent for me to spend, it's so embarrassing seeing people defend bhvr on something they know absolutely nothing about.


    https://www.coindesk.com/business/2021/08/18/how-much-energy-does-bitcoin-use/#:~:text=As%20of%20mid%2DJuly%2C%20a,by%20an%20average%20U.S.%20household.


    PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF


    "As of mid-July, a single bitcoin transaction required 1719.51 kilowatt hours (kWh) - where a kWh is the amount of energy a 1,000-watt appliance uses in over an hour. To put that in perspective, that is about 59 days’ worth of power consumed by an average U.S. household."

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571396#Comment_2571396

    And where did you take that BS number?

    It doesn't make sense. Bit coin transfer is peer to peer.

    "online receipt to say you own a copy of the thing"

    Oh, right. Like game accounts and skins etc., where you don't really own it on most systems, League of legends for example, where selling your account is illegal practice. You just got access to it, but don't own it.

    Steam is little different, you can trade content (skins etc.), but you can't get your money actually back, you can only trade for different things.

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/881541/bitcoin-energy-consumption-transaction-comparison-visa/

    Sit down, kid.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571378#Comment_2571378

    I don't know, man.

    I mean it's kinda hard to side with a business known for being full of scams (Any Alt Coin ever), stolen assets and art (NFTs), and literal criminal activities (Coffeezilla and SOG has an amazing ongoing series about literally this right now.)

    It's pretty hard not to take a moral stance against this type of crap, but hey..

    What can I say?

    I'm just a human being whose morals aren't based on what is or isn't "law" but what I think is right or wrong. And I'm pretty damn sure that not trying to support a company supporting these practices in their market makes me a pretty good person even if my role in this is to inform and educate others.

    I can take argument about stolen assets and art, but we had that before with Fortnite and I don't remember anything was done about it.

    But arguments about necessity, environment etc. are just hypocrisy to me.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571406#Comment_2571406

    I can take argument about stolen assets and art, but we had that before with Fortnite and I don't remember anything was done about it.

    But arguments about necessity, environment etc. are just hypocrisy to me.

    Please... Just don't try to take the moral high ground on this one.

    We're just going to go in circles no matter what I or anyone else tells you. It'll be a waste of both our times, I assure you.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571406#Comment_2571406

    I can take argument about stolen assets and art, but we had that before with Fortnite and I don't remember anything was done about it.

    But arguments about necessity, environment etc. are just hypocrisy to me.

    How exactly is it hypocrisy? Are you trying to say that humans like us naturally destroy the environment?

  • "It does so by estimating how much income miners possibly spend on electricity"

    I don't know about you, but what they are talking about is not transaction as an simple action.

    They just add how much it took, to get that bitcoin with mining.

    So yeah, bitcoin takes ######### tons of energy to get, but not really transfer.

    But feel free to correct me, I am just old kid that is trying to understand the ######### storm around here :)

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571416#Comment_2571416

    You clearly don't understand crypto currency at all, when a transaction is made, thousands upon thousands of computers are used to "mine" and verify the transaction, if you're going to argue for something you could at least know the first thing about it.

    And yes, steam is similar etc, but I'm not using bitcoins that hundreds of thousands of machines around the world used to generate 0.0000000000000000001 cent for me to spend, it's so embarrassing seeing people defend bhvr on something they know absolutely nothing about.

    https://www.coindesk.com/business/2021/08/18/how-much-energy-does-bitcoin-use/#:~:text=As%20of%20mid%2DJuly%2C%20a,by%20an%20average%20U.S.%20household.

    PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF

    "As of mid-July, a single bitcoin transaction required 1719.51 kilowatt hours (kWh) - where a kWh is the amount of energy a 1,000-watt appliance uses in over an hour. To put that in perspective, that is about 59 days’ worth of power consumed by an average U.S. household."

    Are you sure I am the one who doesn't understand?

    You are mixing terms mine with transaction.

    It does take ######### tons of energy to mine bitcoin, but transaction is just peer to peer with blockchain.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571418#Comment_2571418

    Are you sure I am the one who doesn't understand?

    You are mixing terms mine with transaction.

    It does take ######### tons of energy to mine bitcoin, but transaction is just peer to peer with blockchain.

    image.png

    how are you struggling to read transaction at the bottom of this?

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571428#Comment_2571428

    How exactly is it hypocrisy? Are you trying to say that humans like us naturally destroy the environment?

    You are wasting your time on PC game, so yes.

    My problem is that, they don't complain about mining crypto currency really, yeah that takes ######### tons of energy.

    How is that problem of NFT, it is just using old system. Well, it is using ethereum, not bitcoin...

  • How are you struggling to read description on how they got that number?

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571422#Comment_2571422

    "It does so by estimating how much income miners possibly spend on electricity"

    I don't know about you, but what they are talking about is not transaction as an simple action.

    They just add how much it took, to get that bitcoin with mining.

    So yeah, bitcoin takes ######### tons of energy to get, but not really transfer.

    But feel free to correct me, I am just old kid that is trying to understand the ######### storm around here :)

    You've been corrected, my fellow kid :P

    There's a carbon cost tied to the history of any blockchain transaction, which adds up, and an individual miner can outpace the negative output of a small country. The wallets people keep the datachains in also have continual costs to keep running.

    "Transaction as a simple action" is an overtly dishonest take on this.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571435#Comment_2571435

    You are wasting your time on PC game, so yes.

    My problem is that, they don't complain about mining crypto currency really, yeah that takes ######### tons of energy.

    How is that problem of NFT, it is just using old system. Well, it is using ethereum, not bitcoin...

    In what way is me playing a game destroying the environment? If that was true then video games most likely would’ve gotten cancelled a long time ago, probably in the 1980s when gaming was starting to pop off.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571437#Comment_2571437

    You've been corrected, my fellow kid :P

    There's a carbon cost tied to the history of any blockchain transaction, which adds up, and an individual miner can outpace the negative output of a small country. The wallets people keep the datachains in also have continual costs to keep running.

    "Transaction as a simple action" is an overtly dishonest take on this.

    I just like to have correct terms.

    Bitcoin transaction doesn't take more energy than Visa.

    Problem is that mining bitcoin takes ######### tons of energy, Visa doesn't have that issue.

    NFT is just about transactions. Crypto currency is about mining.

    So why is everyone bitching on BVHR using NFT?

    Like they will stop playing dbd for it? #########

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571449#Comment_2571449

    In what way is me playing a game destroying the environment? If that was true then video games most likely would’ve gotten cancelled a long time ago, probably in the 1980s when gaming was starting to pop off.

    Your PC doesn't take energy?

    Servers that you play on doesn't take energy?

    Does it create anything productive?

    No, you just buy digital content, that you don't really own, just like NFT.

    Difference is method of payment, crypto vs banks.

    So if people cried about crypto I am fine, but not really NFT.

  • BHVR's behavior is inexcusable here tbh. I get that they really wanted Hellraiser in the game. But it just wasn't worth it. Maybe they didn't know about the NFT's ahead of time, and their arm is twisted here. But it's a very bad look to support NFT's.

    • NFT's require an unreasonable amount of energy. It's the equivalent of watching 15 hours of Youtube a day, every day for a year. Just for a single transaction. To put this in terms of DBD players: It's like watching 5 Otz Videos a day every day for a year. That's the amount of energy ethereum transactions take. Yes, 5 3 hour long videos of Otz talking about how he'd fix the game (Bless him) and how good perks are and how bad they are. Every day for a year. And you'd still be using less energy than just ONE ethereum transaction.
    • If we say "Oh, but this won't fix the environment", you're right -- but only on a technicality. No, this one single action won't fix the environment. But if we say that for every little thing that uses excessive amounts of energy, it adds up over time. And NFT's aren't really something you want to defend. So while this won't fix everything, it will help to prevent from making the problem worse.
    • Why? Because NFT's are basically just digital receipts that say you own something digital. AKA Absolutely Worthless. No real world value whatsoever. They're essentially bragging rights. So people are essentially using 5700 hours of youtube watching time levels of energy for BRAGGING RIGHTS. And guess what? The bragging rights are pretty much meaningless anyway! You could say "I own this image!" and not spend an inordinate amount of energy on something, and people would react the exact same way as if you own an NFT, except perhaps with slightly less disgust.
  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571453#Comment_2571453

    I just like to have correct terms.

    Bitcoin transaction doesn't take more energy than Visa.

    Problem is that mining bitcoin takes ######### tons of energy, Visa doesn't have that issue.

    NFT is just about transactions. Crypto currency is about mining.

    So why is everyone bitching on BVHR using NFT?

    Like they will stop playing dbd for it? #########

    NFTs are crypto: they're based in the blockchain, which means crypto mining.

    We have a squares and rectangles situation: all NFTs are crypto, not all crypto are NFTs.

    Any NFT based on what BHVR developed in conjunction with Boss will be supporting the ponzi scheme of crypto, and thus supporting that blockchain-based environmental impact.

    The separation between the steps here is superficial, though, and a deliberate spin by BHVR to seem less liable - and it's unlikely that is even for our benefit as consumers.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571457#Comment_2571457

    Your PC doesn't take energy?

    Servers that you play on doesn't take energy?

    Does it create anything productive?

    No, you just buy digital content, that you don't really own, just like NFT.

    Difference is method of payment, crypto vs banks.

    So if people cried about crypto I am fine, but not really NFT.

    Again, if that was such a big deal wouldn’t you think all that stuff wouldn’t be allowed?

    I feel like you’re just giving every possible excuse for BHVR and giving them a benefit of a doubt even though they straight up lied and committing morally wrong actions just to make a profit. It’s not right nor does it really make you look good.

‹ 1 2