Is the new survivor worth buying?

Is the new survivor worth buying? maybe for pleasure but for perks it is worth cheaper in the sanctuary, some spend 9000 fragments for the character and their 3 perks at once, others real money.

When I debated buying Ash vs Evil Dead I was thinking if it was worth buying Ash because the character was great, he had great cosmetics, but his perks were a total disgusting except maybe Flip-Flop that works a bit.

Now I am debating whether to buy the new survivor but, she is not a licensed character and her perks are very interesting, especially those of blessing totems, but only for healing and not something like chase or something that restores the effect of exhaustion.

Comments

  • I recommend waiting until the next chapter to see if they get nerfed/buffed.

  • She is to me, she's worth shards & those things only have value in this game so you might as well get her. Unless you're saving up for some cosmetic or for another character.

  • @A_Skinny_Legend said:

    She is to me, she's worth shards & those things only have value in this game so you might as well get her. Unless you're saving up for some cosmetic or for another character.

    The truth is that I am a very collector of chapters but I do not usually play a lot with those survivors or killers but with one that characterizes me much more to have fun. About cosmetics I always buy the licensed ones for my most favorite chapters, but I always buy some with money like the multicolored Trickster or Felix with princely charming hair. Maybe I want to see if it is to my liking because the perks are great but it would be better to buy them separately in the sanctuary.

  • yes if you like the idea of her perks & her style (shes also getting a free cosmetic in this years halloween event so)

    but if not, then no. Personally i dont think her perks are that strong, but im still gonna get her because i love her design.

  • I'd recommend buying her with shards if you don't use them for anything else.

  • She's worth shards. That's only a day (or a couple) of play.

    I'm not intending to spend money on this game until there's some optimization and QoL put into gameplay and matchmaking.

  • I wouldn't buy her for the perks, just the design.

    She stands out a little bit for me that is why I am definitely getting her, with shards. Also looking forward to her cosmetics.

    Will I use boon perks? Ever? Probably not.

  • Yeah shes worth boon perk are really really strong. Only one person need to equip them to had 2 perk to all the other survivor this is insane value when you think about it.

  • @Labrac said:

    I recommend waiting until the next chapter to see if they get nerfed/buffed.

    Getting huge ash flashbacks from this. its absolutely gonna be a Mettle situation.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563940#Comment_2563940

    Getting huge ash flashbacks from this. its absolutely gonna be a Mettle situation.

    They already nerfed them a bit they shrank the area to a 25M radius and now they cant stack with each other...if I read it correctly

  • With shards yes, why not? Two really good perks!

  • I stopped buying DLC's last year. I log in to my account on my friend's console and gain temporary access to the new characters, level them to 40, and unlock the Teachables to put on other characters. None of the DLC's appeal to me, so paying launch day pricing is a waste when they eventually drop 50% off. As soon as Behaviour steps it up, I will resume supporting them with sales.

  • If you want to get the perks then yes bc waiting for them all to appear in the shrine will take millennia. If you just like the way she looks then sure.

  • It is cool to give BHVR money so yes

  • @adam1233467 said:

    It is cool to give BHVR money so yes

    All the cool kids give BHVR their money!

    You are a cool kid as well, aren’t you?

  • For the appearance? in my opinion? yes.

    If just for perks? Probably not. And even if you think they're good at release they'll likely be nerfed after the first few weeks, as usually happens.

    Best practice? Wait and see.

  • Her perks will break the meta and make killers suffer so yes

  • @landromat said:

    Her perks will break the meta and make killers suffer so yes

    I don't think they'll make killers suffer, but I hope these perks do shake up the meta.

  • @landromat said:

    Her perks will break the meta and make killers suffer so yes

    Can't see them effecting the meta to be honest.

    Most survivor meta perks are there to address poor game design and playstyles survivors view as unfair/unfun. Can't see them changing this for a bit of flair...

    Edit: Typo. On mobile.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564391#Comment_2564391

    I don't think they'll make killers suffer, but I hope these perks do shake up the meta.

    Don't worry they will shake the meta like dead hard, old MOM and DS

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564391#Comment_2564391

    Can't see them effecting the meta to be honest.

    Most survivor meta perks are there to address poor game design and playstyles survivors view as unfair/unfun. Can't see them changing this for a bit of flair...

    Edit: Typo. On mobile.

    Yeah I don't see some survivors willing to give up their DS.

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564402#Comment_2564402

    Don't worry they will shake the meta like dead hard, old MOM and DS

    Just like Counterforce or Power Struggle I guess. Or any of the other perks they were supposed to be broken before release.

    maybe let’s actually test the perks with the upcoming changes? They really don’t see that busted anymore, the most broken stuff was addressed

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564405#Comment_2564405

    Just like Counterforce or Power Struggle I guess. Or any of the other perks they were supposed to be broken before release.

    maybe let’s actually test the perks with the upcoming changes? They really don’t see that busted anymore, the most broken stuff was addressed

    I hope they don't nerf her perks, but I have a feeling they're gonna tone down the healing speed.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564404#Comment_2564404

    Yeah I don't see some survivors willing to give up their DS.

    or bt for campers (risk losing safe unhooks), ub for slugging, exhaustion perk (obvi reasons). They literally can't play without these due to game design... The new survivors perks are cool but in their current state won't change much.

    I'm not advocating for the new perks to be buffed to be broken. Or current meta perks to be nerfed to useless. Just that maybe they address the issues that make make these perks necessary in the first place...

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564405#Comment_2564405

    Just like Counterforce or Power Struggle I guess. Or any of the other perks they were supposed to be broken before release.

    maybe let’s actually test the perks with the upcoming changes? They really don’t see that busted anymore, the most broken stuff was addressed

    the most broken stuff which is infinite amount of regular speed self care is still here and this will destroy killers who rely on slit pressure

  • I have a lot of shards so why not

    And content before cosmetics for me, definitely worth it

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564405#Comment_2564405

    Just like Counterforce or Power Struggle I guess. Or any of the other perks they were supposed to be broken before release.

    maybe let’s actually test the perks with the upcoming changes? They really don’t see that busted anymore, the most broken stuff was addressed

    I remember people being scared of Power Struggle and Counterforce.

    I've only seen these perks if the player is doing the Adept challenge. Boon totems will be popular the first days because people will do the Adept...

    But I hope to see them more often after, to have more variety to the meta. Not changing the meta, but having a larger choice of meta perks would be great.

  • Waiting for the perks you want to appear in the shrine may take literal years now, since the shrine STILL refreshes only once in a week (52 times a year), and only has 2 random survivor and 2 random killer perks. You can calculate the probability of encountering a specific perk in the shrine within a month (or even a year) yourself, considering there are 185 perks in total at the moment. I guess you can just as well forget the shrine even exists now.

  • It is for me. The good news: you can get the character with shards, so you don't have to spend money if you don't want to.

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564416#Comment_2564416

    I remember people being scared of Power Struggle and Counterforce.

    I've only seen these perks if the player is doing the Adept challenge. Boon totems will be popular the first days because people will do the Adept...

    But I hope to see them more often after, to have more variety to the meta. Not changing the meta, but having a larger choice of meta perks would be great.

    At least the Healing Circle i think will see some use. Selfcare and Inner Strength are relatively poplular after all (and can be quite helpful if used right)

    so a version of selfcare that can benefit the rest of the team sounds neat. Though not Meta breaking..

  • For the beginners she is not worth buying.

    For experimented players she could be interresting in my opinion.

  • @Anara said:

    For the beginners she is not worth buying.

    For experimented players she could be interresting in my opinion.

    Clairvoyance would be a pretty good perk for beginners, to be fair.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564486#Comment_2564486

    Clairvoyance would be a pretty good perk for beginners, to be fair.

    Yes its the only one, its like Felix generator perk. But I think Deja Vu stay the best beginner perk for generators.

    I know Clairvoyance allow you more than generators but I still think finding a totem then use Clairvoyance, and finding objective is not the best for a fresh new player.

    Maybe for a second character idk.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564486#Comment_2564486

    Clairvoyance would be a pretty good perk for beginners, to be fair.

    Should we have a beginner survivor perk as a teachable behind every new survivor release that requires purchase, though? Killers arguably don't. Just more clog in the bloodweb.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564489#Comment_2564489

    Should we have a beginner survivor perk as a teachable behind every new survivor release that requires purchase, though? Killers arguably don't. Just more clog in the bloodweb.

    I'd argue every character having one beginner-friendly perk is actually better. No matter who they want to buy first, they'll have something they can actually use.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564497#Comment_2564497

    I'd argue every character having one beginner-friendly perk is actually better. No matter who they want to buy first, they'll have something they can actually use.

    Make it a common perk then and not a teachable. Though it still hurts the grind the same, why should new players need to buy things to better learn the game?

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564500#Comment_2564500

    Make it a common perk then and not a teachable. Though it still hurts the grind the same, why should new players need to buy things to better learn the game?

    They don't, they have plenty of good perks available with the base game survivors. However, having something they're able to use in every DLC is a bonus, instead of some potentially cool-looking characters only having niche/difficult to use perks.

    The grind isn't a problem because of DLC perks, it's a problem already.

  • Do we know yet what (if any) cosmetic you get for straight out buying the paragraph? Charm? Top?

    Or is it nothing and to just be bought in game with shards?

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    Do we know yet what (if any) cosmetic you get for straight out buying the paragraph? Charm? Top?

    Or is it nothing and to just be bought in game with shards?

    thats probably not officially revealed but let’s say rumors and past survivor only releases hint at this: there will be one recolored skin from the default body cosmetic if you buy the dlc from the platform store.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564515#Comment_2564515

    thats probably not officially revealed but let’s say rumors and past survivor only releases hint at this: there will be one recolored skin from the default body cosmetic if you buy the dlc from the platform store.

    I would love a white recolour of her witch cosmetic. Would take any cosmetic if i'm honest!

    If its just a charm though I'll be very disappointed...

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564550#Comment_2564550

    I would love a white recolour of her witch cosmetic. Would take any cosmetic if i'm honest!

    If its just a charm though I'll be very disappointed...

    I wouldn’t expect a white cosmetic. It will probably be just a simple recolor in the sense of what Jeff or Adam got.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    For the appearance? in my opinion? yes.

    If just for perks? Probably not. And even if you think they're good at release they'll likely be nerfed after the first few weeks, as usually happens.

    Best practice? Wait and see.

    They already been nerfed

  • @KateDunson said:

    I have a lot of shards so why not

    And content before cosmetics for me, definitely worth it

    I am jelly. I never have enough shards :(.

  • Just because its been done once doesnt exclude it from being nerfed again. Even if players only use it for the adept achievements or until they learn their meta perks - we'll see a huge amount of complaints about it once its released (even if those players arent even encountering it).

    A streamer somewhere will use it with a memeing killer or full SWF/KYF and everyone who sees that video will rush here to advocate for nerfs... Its sad but its the repeating DbD history...