So the Trickster Tome

How are people feeling about it? I'm excited for the skins but I'm dreading the challenges. I hope the lore cutscene will be animated like his trailer, cause that would be really cool. As for the challenges I'm dreading them cause uh... aiming on console is a bit.. difficult.

Comments

  • I'm excited for both, the skins will be guaranteed fire so I'm def gonna buy the tome, they never miss with Trickster cosmetics, I've also been running out of tome challenges so it'll be nice to have some again

  • There was a video showing some of the challenges and they looked really easy. There wasn't anything crazy from what I recall. For Trickster, anyways. I didn't pay attention the the Yun Jin ones because I do not have her.

  • I'm intrigued to read more of his lore above all else, I quite like him as a character and I like Yun-Jin even more.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I'm intrigued to read more of his lore above all else, I quite like him as a character and I like Yun-Jin even more.

    Yeah I really like his lore.

  • My least favourite killer is getting a tome before the 2 best written killers in the game.

    At least yun jin’s might be good

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    There was a video showing some of the challenges and they looked really easy. There wasn't anything crazy from what I recall. For Trickster, anyways. I didn't pay attention the the Yun Jin ones because I do not have her.

    Dbd Released a video with what's in the tome? Or do you mean the other twitter that we aren't allowed to talk about.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    My least favourite killer is getting a tome before the 2 best written killers in the game.

    At least yun jin’s might be good

    Who are the best written characters you are talking about and why you no like k pop man. Besides his gameplay cause I know why people don't like that.

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562852#Comment_2562852

    Who are the best written characters you are talking about and why you no like k pop man. Besides his gameplay cause I know why people don't like that.

    Best written are slinger and oni imo. Trickster’s lore is boring and has nothing to do with K pop as a whole or the industry. He feels like a rehash of clown almost

  • I'm very excited, all-kill was the first chapter i bought, so it's special to me.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562857#Comment_2562857

    Best written are slinger and oni imo. Trickster’s lore is boring and has nothing to do with K pop as a whole or the industry. He feels like a rehash of clown almost

    Trickster feels way more like a different take on Ghostface to me. Him and Clown aren't really similar imo.

    Hopefully his tome introduces something interesting for his character instead of "Ji-Woon Hak's adventures in boring murder".

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm very excited, all-kill was the first chapter i bought, so it's special to me.

    It's honestly so rare to see somebody not blindly hating on All-Kill it's honestly refreshing.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562858#Comment_2562858

    Trickster feels way more like a different take on Ghostface to me. Him and Clown aren't really similar imo.

    Hopefully his tome introduces something interesting for his character instead of "Ji-Woon Hak's adventures in boring murder".

    Yeah I can see the resemblance. I’m just annoying that oni and slinger both integrated into their respective timelines perfectly yet Trickster has nothing to do with k pop whatsoever

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563103#Comment_2563103

    Yeah I can see the resemblance. I’m just annoying that oni and slinger both integrated into their respective timelines perfectly yet Trickster has nothing to do with k pop whatsoever

    Oni is my favorite killer in the game and I think Slinger has the best lore, so I would much rather either of them get some love. That being said, I think Trickster's lore is just okay. It's not as bad as Hag's or Legion's. It's really uninteresting but not terrible.

    I wonder if they don't delve into K-Pop much because they worked with actual K-Pop studios to make All-Kill, and as far as I indy, K-Pop can be an incredibly bad time for the actual stars. Maybe they don't want to delve too far into it since they've worked with actual studios.

    I think it would be interesting to see Ji-Woon be somewhat normal before he became a star, but I have a feeling his archive is just going to be about his murders.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563098#Comment_2563098

    It's honestly so rare to see somebody not blindly hating on All-Kill it's honestly refreshing.

    All-Kill was a cash grab for BTS fanboys/fangirls. The only good thing from the chapter was a couple decent (niche) perks.

    Killer power is boring and not very strong (Main Event really only shines in a camping situation). Lore (which I don’t really care about compared to gameplay and aesthetics) is generic. Yun-Jin is a cosmetic character.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563110#Comment_2563110

    All-Kill was a cash grab for BTS fanboys/fangirls. The only good thing from the chapter was a couple decent (niche) perks.

    Killer power is boring and not very strong (Main Event really only shines in a camping situation). Lore (which I don’t really care about compared to gameplay and aesthetics) is generic. Yun-Jin is a cosmetic character.

    I mean I can't say I disagree. I just find it leagues better in comparison to a few other chapters. Darkness Among Us in particular. Darkness Among Us did everything All-Kill did wrong, just worse.

    Legion is a cosmetic character and nobody can change my mind. Their lore is some of the worst in the game, everything about their base design is drab and incredibly generic. Their original power design was so terrible it actually almost killed the game. Jeff is the only saving grace, along with some of the perks.

    At least Yun-Kin has interesting lore and character.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563110#Comment_2563110

    All-Kill was a cash grab for BTS fanboys/fangirls. The only good thing from the chapter was a couple decent (niche) perks.

    Killer power is boring and not very strong (Main Event really only shines in a camping situation). Lore (which I don’t really care about compared to gameplay and aesthetics) is generic. Yun-Jin is a cosmetic character.

    Damn tell us how you really feel...I like your style.

    @RenRen said:

    How are people feeling about it? I'm excited for the skins but I'm dreading the challenges. I hope the lore cutscene will be animated like his trailer, cause that would be really cool. As for the challenges I'm dreading them cause uh... aiming on console is a bit.. difficult.

    If you had asked me a month ago I would have sounded exactly like you. I have always liked Yun-Jin but Trickster I could not stand (Console). After a goooood amount of practice with him I became quite dangerous with him. So now I am excited for the rift.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563127#Comment_2563127

    I mean I can't say I disagree. I just find it leagues better in comparison to a few other chapters. Darkness Among Us in particular. Darkness Among Us did everything All-Kill did wrong, just worse.

    Legion is a cosmetic character and nobody can change my mind. Their lore is some of the worst in the game, everything about their base design is drab and incredibly generic. Their original power design was so terrible it actually almost killed the game. Jeff is the only saving grace, along with some of the perks.

    At least Yun-Kin has interesting lore and character.

    I agree. Darkness was an underwhelming chapter and Legion gets nice cosmetics but he’s another killer with a boring power. Lore is also lame; a little more work and it could have fit into the whole “disguised as survivor” theme that their trailer gave off.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563127#Comment_2563127

    Damn tell us how you really feel...I like your style.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287150/so-the-trickster-tome

    If you had asked me a month ago I would have sounded exactly like you. I have always liked Yun-Jin but Trickster I could not stand (Console). After a goooood amount of practice with him I became quite dangerous with him. So now I am excited for the rift.

    I mean it’s true right? They could have still given us a Korean artist as a killer without making him look like a pansy.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563143#Comment_2563143

    I mean it’s true right? They could have still given us a Korean artist as a killer without making him look like a pansy.

    I agree their reasoning for these characters was...Never mind. I actually like their looks I own every Trickster and Yun-Jin cosmetic.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563148#Comment_2563148

    I agree their reasoning for these characters was...Never mind. I actually like their looks I own every Trickster and Yun-Jin cosmetic.

    I'll admit I had no idea ######### K-pop was. I thought everyone was talking about that old school Kidz Bop that was always being advertised when I was younger. You know where kids sing songs that are popular on the radio.

  • I'm excited for the All-Kill tome for sure. I wasn't playing at the time but I thought Trickster was stupid and ridiculous when he came out, but I've gotten used to him for sure. His chase music is especially amazing and his lore is interesting as well. I thought it was just going to be some stupid K-Pop cash grab but he isn't THAT bad... except for his open shirt. Eww

    My brother plays Trickster a lot so he's pretty excited for the tome cosmetics, while I enjoy playing Yun-Jin so I'm excited as well! Can't wait!

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563139#Comment_2563139

    I agree. Darkness was an underwhelming chapter and Legion gets nice cosmetics but he’s another killer with a boring power. Lore is also lame; a little more work and it could have fit into the whole “disguised as survivor” theme that their trailer gave off.

    Darkness Among Us is this game's biggest failure and I will probably never change my mind.

    @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563143#Comment_2563143

    I mean it’s true right? They could have still given us a Korean artist as a killer without making him look like a pansy.

    That's just different cultures though. In Korea, as far as I understand, Trickster's design is manly. Hell, from a few things I've seen floating around on the internet, there are some people scared of him in Korea. Where he's from.

    I don't think it's fair to expect BHVR to design only for Western audiences.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563148#Comment_2563148

    I agree their reasoning for these characters was...Never mind. I actually like their looks I own every Trickster and Yun-Jin cosmetic.

    I just think compared to the other killers, Trickster’s aesthetic is a joke. Nothing about him screams “killer”. More like a Cyberpunk outcast.

    Of course, this is my opinion alone.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563153#Comment_2563153

    I just think compared to the other killers, Trickster’s aesthetic is a joke. Nothing about him screams “killer”. More like a Cyberpunk outcast.

    Of course, this is my opinion alone.

    I get that 100%. I thought that way at first too but it grew on me and know it's a refreshing difference. I like laughing at my victims which just sounds terrible.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563146#Comment_2563146

    Darkness Among Us is this game's biggest failure and I will probably never change my mind.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563148#Comment_2563148

    That's just different cultures though. In Korea, as far as I understand, Trickster's design is manly. Hell, from a few things I've seen floating around on the internet, there are some people scared of him in Korea. Where he's from.

    I don't think it's fair to expect BHVR to design only for Western audiences.

    Agreed, DAU was and remains a failure.


    And I apologize if my opinion comes off as ignorant or phobic, I just don’t think his aesthetic is either manly nor frightening (for a DBD killer), cultures aside. He looks like a BTS guy with a bad nose bleed and edgy contact lenses. If you saw him in a dark alley at night with his bat, sure it could be a little creepy - but compared to other killers visual design like Myers, Oni, Hag… he’s a cockroach on the scary meter.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563167#Comment_2563167

    I get that 100%. I thought that way at first too but it grew on me and know it's a refreshing difference. I like laughing at my victims which just sounds terrible.

    The laughing is a nice touch, I agree. Gives me a “Joker” vibe.

  • Yep can’t wait to play against a bunch of Tricksters. That’s going to be brutal.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563164#Comment_2563164

    Agreed, DAU was and remains a failure.

    And I apologize if my opinion comes off as ignorant or phobic, I just don’t think his aesthetic is either manly nor frightening (for a DBD killer), cultures aside. He looks like a BTS guy with a bad nose bleed and edgy contact lenses. If you saw him in a dark alley at night with his bat, sure it could be a little creepy - but compared to other killers visual design like Myers, Oni, Hag… he’s a cockroach on the scary meter.

    Nah, I get it. I don't really like Trickster's design either (mostly because I don't like yellow as a color) but one of the biggest issues I always had with the All-Kill release was the intense amount of hatred just because he wasn't ugly, a monster, or a guy in a mask. I want BHVR to try new things.

    The thing I do like about Trickster is how 'normal' he is in comparison to someone like Blight.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563174#Comment_2563174

    Nah, I get it. I don't really like Trickster's design either (mostly because I don't like yellow as a color) but one of the biggest issues I always had with the All-Kill release was the intense amount of hatred just because he wasn't ugly, a monster, or a guy in a mask. I want BHVR to try new things.

    The thing I do like about Trickster is how 'normal' he is in comparison to someone like Blight.

    Yeah! You can still have human killers but you can do something to their aesthetic to make them look more like something enhanced by the entity.

    I know we have killers like Ghostie and Myers with simplistic designs, but they’re licensed characters (although iconic) so you can’t do much there.

  • I'm pretty damn excited. None of Trickster's cosmetics have been a disappointment so I'm looking forward to their tome, not to mention I main Yun-Jin so that's a plus. And their lore is some of my favorites in the game.

    Also the cutscenes boutta be a bop

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563164#Comment_2563164

    Agreed, DAU was and remains a failure.

    And I apologize if my opinion comes off as ignorant or phobic, I just don’t think his aesthetic is either manly nor frightening (for a DBD killer), cultures aside. He looks like a BTS guy with a bad nose bleed and edgy contact lenses. If you saw him in a dark alley at night with his bat, sure it could be a little creepy - but compared to other killers visual design like Myers, Oni, Hag… he’s a cockroach on the scary meter.

    He can still lures in those who are considered his fans. I only like him cause he always laughing like the doctor at the survivors. He even incorporate their screams into his music and his lullaby has it as well.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563110#Comment_2563110

    All-Kill was a cash grab for BTS fanboys/fangirls. The only good thing from the chapter was a couple decent (niche) perks.

    Killer power is boring and not very strong (Main Event really only shines in a camping situation). Lore (which I don’t really care about compared to gameplay and aesthetics) is generic. Yun-Jin is a cosmetic character.

    Tbf yun Jin actually has some great lore. Trickster was a major ######### up though

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562857#Comment_2562857

    Best written are slinger and oni imo. Trickster’s lore is boring and has nothing to do with K pop as a whole or the industry. He feels like a rehash of clown almost

    Slinger has good lore? That’s news to me.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563110#Comment_2563110

    All-Kill was a cash grab for BTS fanboys/fangirls. The only good thing from the chapter was a couple decent (niche) perks.

    Killer power is boring and not very strong (Main Event really only shines in a camping situation). Lore (which I don’t really care about compared to gameplay and aesthetics) is generic. Yun-Jin is a cosmetic character.

    Okay I know you’ve never read the lore but no need to make it so glaringly obvious

  • Yeah it’s honestly really good. Him being Irish in America during the old west is done very well and nothing feels out of place

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563127#Comment_2563127

    Okay I know you’ve never read the lore but no need to make it so glaringly obvious

    I did read the lore.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563127#Comment_2563127

    Okay I know you’ve never read the lore but no need to make it so glaringly obvious

    He isn’t wrong about trickster though. Trickster’s lore is pretty bland and really boring for how unique he is visually

  • If I see a 15 meter challenge like they've done both Huntress tomes I'm done. You can barely do that challenge as Huntress, they shouldn't do it with a much worse version of Huntress.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563139#Comment_2563139

    I agree. Darkness was an underwhelming chapter and Legion gets nice cosmetics but he’s another killer with a boring power. Lore is also lame; a little more work and it could have fit into the whole “disguised as survivor” theme that their trailer gave off.

    As cool as the disguise idea would be, I feel like it wouldn't work well from a gameplay perspective and would only serve to increase the gap between swf and soloq. Lets say that a new killer releases with the power to disguise as any survivor at will and mask their terror radius, not gonna delve into anything too crazy on it. if the killer is against a SWF, their power is now borderline useless because the survivor can just ask "hey is that you?" to their friends, and now the killers cover is already blown. only thing they have is the stealth aspect, which isnt overly strong if the survivors are paying attention anyways. soloq on the other hand, has a significantly harder time figuring out whether or not that claudette running over to them is the killer or not. The only way I can see this being mitigated is spine chill, but even then you shouldnt have to use one of your four perk slots just to counter the power of one killer out of 26.

  • Luckily I am on a dbd break cause it gave me a reason to take a longer break

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2563289#Comment_2563289

    He isn’t wrong about trickster though. Trickster’s lore is pretty bland and really boring for how unique he is visually

    I thought it was really interesting how he used the screams of his victims to make music, imagine a Steve trap remix. I need it.


  • @RenRen said:

    How are people feeling about it? I'm excited for the skins but I'm dreading the challenges. I hope the lore cutscene will be animated like his trailer, cause that would be really cool. As for the challenges I'm dreading them cause uh... aiming on console is a bit.. difficult.

    Don't worry, when the devs forced crossplay on console players they said the difference isn't that big. You should be fine.

  • I'll just do what I normally do, pick "farmable challenges" and message the Survivors for help. PS wise the playerbase is always pretty chill about helping the Killer.

  • @GannTM said:

    Yep can’t wait to play against a bunch of Tricksters. That’s going to be brutal.

    Oh yeah that's gonna be "Fun". But the cosmetics though.

  • Okay if you didn’t read her lore go and say that instead of making yourself look foolish

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564065#Comment_2564065

    Okay if you didn’t read her lore go and say that instead of making yourself look foolish

    How did I make myself look foolish? I’m sorry that my opinion doesn’t line up with yours, ma’am… doesn’t make me foolish. All-Kill is a lame chapter.

  • I'm ready for awful challenge design. I'll attempt them anyway because I'm a completionist, but I'm probably not gonna have fun with it. The garbage aim sensitivity console has is enough to make me rage.

‹ 1 2