Remove sbmm
Its broken and doesnt work
im an ashe 4 killer being placed with iridescent 1 survive with friend groups. This game is literally unplayable for me atm because every game i get walked in circles around
Its broken and doesnt work
im an ashe 4 killer being placed with iridescent 1 survive with friend groups. This game is literally unplayable for me atm because every game i get walked in circles around
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
im an ashe 4 killer being placed with iridescent 1 survive with friend groups.
None of those things are related to SBMM, though.
Yes they are lol. They are a higher rank than me therefore the game is placing me with way higher ranked survivors than it should. The matchmaking is broken
i should be being matched with fellow ashe level survivors, then when i get to the next rank placed with that rank survivors. Instead i am being placed with people way above my skill level
the game is already survivor sided, this is just ridiculous at this point
It doesn’t match make off ranks though
Why not lol. That is how skilled a player is? A red rank survivor is better than an ashe rank survivor
this just feels like a way to make survivors games easier tbh. Place them with low level killers to make them win more. Smh. Classic survivor biased behaviour
next thinf youll be telling me is they give survivors an aoe team-wide self care that doubles the speed 😂 oh wait
The game no longer matches you based on grades or ranks. Those are really just there for you to think "ok cool, I'm getting a BP bonus this month".
SBMM is a hidden rating that actually matches you with people with similar rating...As to whether or not it's people of similar "skill levels", I would say that's a fat no, because the devs couldn't be bothered trying to assess skill in this game in 2 years that they've been trying to implement this system
If you want to fall back in SBMM let the survivors escape. More relaxed games
If you want higher SBMM keep killing. Stronger teams.
And your grade doesn't count for match making it's a reward at rank reset
what I've been doing. Just havign fun with insidious noed builds where I sit in basement the whole game. Curious survivors enter, however none shall leave. gotten a mostly positive result from survivors so far :p
I've come across one killer that did that, but that was before the SBMM started.
It's weird how people don't know this yet despite it being common knowledge now
Grades (No longer Ranks) only shows how long a player has played in the current season. It doesn't show skill.
That's not called rank anymore for a reason, they are called grades and are not correlated to MMR or SBMM and doesn't mean anything about skill level, it's just a reward for the hours spent playing the game.
It’s funny to me because I have a iridescent Swf squad and we go against a lot of ash-gold rank killers, the thing is is that those killers are running builds like tier 3 Ruin, undying, corrupt and discordance/BBQ/Tinkerer with really strong add ons almost every game.
I would find it very very very hard to ever lose with that build against ash rank survivors.
If your an Ash rank wraith and you run a build like Ruin,pop, sloppy and discordance/tinkerer with windstorm etc etc, you will never lose against 4 ash rank survivors…. So to compensate for the build and time played playing that particular killer you will go against survivors who can compensate. Now you losing to iridescent survivors simply boils down to game experience and map knowledge.
I've been playing with people who are newer to the game, and just like a couple years ago, the match making heavily favors the killers. We can't get three gens done most games. It always makes me laugh that killers complain so much about match making when they get a lot of easy wins from it too.
Sad that it is not based off the damn system that grades you based on pip system that seems more skill bit hey they half A there job.
Have you ever gotten a perk? Because as Killer main I can promise you that if the survivor's you are with are garbage then yeah killer sided but the groups I get as a survivor when I do SWF with family and randoms the game is always survivor sided and I have to bust my A to get kills as a killer, hope them boons aren't going to make my job harder oh... right😉
The devs should just remove grades from being shown on end game screen. It's clear that no matter how many times it gets repeated people will still complain about grades on the end game screen as why they lost the match.
I agree. I was thinking this idea too.