Why doesn't Makaela's perks turn off after the totem is gone like Hex's

So 1 person can't even choose where the hex spawns but we gonna let another 4 just run her perks and bless all the totems over and over? How is that balanced? It's not even comparable to hex's and if anything Killers should be the ones allowed to "Curse" totems and use the perk. Exactly like Mikaela, all her perks are just busted new bailouts imo

Comments

  • @SasukeKun said:

    So 1 person can't even choose where the hex spawns but we gonna let another 4 just run her perks and bless all the totems over and over? How is that balanced? It's not even comparable to hex's and if anything Killers should be the ones allowed to "Curse" totems and use the perk. Exactly like Mikaela, all her perks are just busted new bailouts imo

    someone please tell me cuz i can't take these additions lool

  • @SasukeKun said:

    So 1 person can't even choose where the hex spawns but we gonna let another 4 just run her perks and bless all the totems over and over? How is that balanced? It's not even comparable to hex's and if anything Killers should be the ones allowed to "Curse" totems and use the perk. Exactly like Mikaela, all her perks are just busted new bailouts imo

    Hexes are map wide auto-set and forget perks

    Boons are short range buildable perks with set up time.

    Aside from both using totems Boons and Hexes don’t have a lot in common.

  • They only cover a small range, in comparison to Hexes which generally cover the whole game, until they are destroyed.

    I am not saying that's a good balance decision. Just that I'm pretty sure that's what BHVR's stance is on it.

    Also all her perks? The only decent one is Circle of Healing imo. The other two seem pretty #########.

  • I will say it again, nerf boons all you want and see how many people will run them

  • It takes 24 seconds to bless a lit hex totem. That is 24 seconds that the survivor isn't on a gen.

    The perks don't stack, so if two totems are near each other and both get blessed, they won't get double healing speed. They would just get the healing speed from one totem.

    Killer can take it out in like 3 seconds.

    They only work in part of the map, forcing survivors to give up on gens and traveling to the totem.

    It is okay for survivors to have strong perks. Boon totems are strong, but they're not meta strong. I'd rather face a boon totem over Unbreakable, DS, BT and DH.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    They only cover a small range, in comparison to Hexes which generally cover the whole game, until they are destroyed.

    I am not saying that's a good balance decision. Just that I'm pretty sure that's what BHVR's stance is on it.

    Also all her perks? The only decent one is Circle of Healing imo. The other two seem pretty #########.

    The Healing one and the No Scratch marks one sounded busted. I haven't seen the new PTB changes in action but i still am confused why even in general the killer can't choose where a hex appears (i wouldn't mind a set up time on killer). Versus Makaela who can share her abilities, i mean maybe the range nerf and non stack made it a little better. I still think if the killer kills a bless totem though, she shouldn't be able to use the same again

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553902#Comment_2553902

    The Healing one and the No Scratch marks one sounded busted. I haven't seen the new PTB changes in action but i still am confused why even in general the killer can't choose where a hex appears (i wouldn't mind a set up time on killer). Versus Makaela who can share her abilities, i mean maybe the range nerf and non stack made it a little better. I still think if the killer kills a bless totem though, she shouldn't be able to use the same again

    Circle of Healing would still be less efficient than just getting a good medkit or using Inner Strength. The reason the perk could seem busted was because of the stacking, which was removed. Or the multiple Survivor's standing in there healing, but let's be real, how often are Survivor's going to take the time to run over to the Boon totem or bless one, just so they can heal?

    Shadow Step is nowhere near busted imo. It's straight-up bad as far as I'm concerned. If the Survivor is Injured you still have blood and sound (if they aren't using Iron Will) to track, and if they aren't injured, and the Aura Reading block barely matters imo. If you suddenly see the Survivor leave no scratch marks, congrats, you probably found their boon totem.

    Clairvoyance is just bad.

  • How about the fact you can bless a Hex perk, making the Killer lose that perk for the entirety of the match, but then still rebless any dull totem even if the killer snuffs the totem.

    Why even run Hex perks anymore?

  • Can't give survivors a downside to perks can we?

    @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553911#Comment_2553911

    Circle of Healing would still be less efficient than just getting a good medkit or using Inner Strength. If solo healing, it's the same as Self-Care, which we all know is incredibly inefficient. The reason the perk could seem busted was because of the stacking, which was removed. Or the multiple Survivor's standing in there healing, but let's be real, how often are Survivor's going to take the time to run over to the Boon totem or bless one, just so they can heal?

    Shadow Step is nowhere near busted imo. It's straight-up bad as far as I'm concerned. If the Survivor is Injured you still have blood and sound (if they aren't using Iron Will) to track, and if they aren't injured, and the Aura Reading block barely matters imo. If you suddenly see the Survivor leave no scratch marks, congrats, you probably found their boon totem.

    Clairvoyance is just bad.

    Solo healing is the same as a green medkit. It is busted and it is a joke they even think healing isn't a big deal.

  • Wasn't this explained before? Hex Totems are stronger in strength compared to boon totems which warrants them being a one time use and boons being multiple use.

  • @Zozzy said:

    Can't give survivors a downside to perks can we?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553926#Comment_2553926

    Solo healing is the same as a green medkit. It is busted and it is a joke they even think healing isn't a big deal.

    Will you look at that, I read the perk wrong. Woops.

    Inner Strength is still more efficient, as is just... Having a Green Medkit on you.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553911#Comment_2553911

    Circle of Healing would still be less efficient than just getting a good medkit or using Inner Strength. If solo healing, it's the same as Self-Care, which we all know is incredibly inefficient. The reason the perk could seem busted was because of the stacking, which was removed. Or the multiple Survivor's standing in there healing, but let's be real, how often are Survivor's going to take the time to run over to the Boon totem or bless one, just so they can heal?

    Shadow Step is nowhere near busted imo. It's straight-up bad as far as I'm concerned. If the Survivor is Injured you still have blood and sound (if they aren't using Iron Will) to track, and if they aren't injured, and the Aura Reading block barely matters imo. If you suddenly see the Survivor leave no scratch marks, congrats, you probably found their boon totem.

    Clairvoyance is just bad.

    @Kurri said:

    How about the fact you can bless a Hex perk, making the Killer lose that perk for the entirety of the match, but then still rebless any dull totem even if the killer snuffs the totem.

    Why even run Hex perks anymore?

    ^^^^ He's asking my floating question though

  • The idea behind Boon totems is to exchange time on gens for a small area of temporary safety. Any time spent on blessing a totem, is time not spent on a generator.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553932#Comment_2553932

    Will you look at that, I read the perk wrong. Woops.

    Inner Strength is still more efficient, as is just... Having a Green Medkit on you.

    It isn't if you run out of totems or your team bless / break them. Inner strength is also worse team wise and screw the killers pressure wise.

    Think about it. You may be able to heal yourself (after wasting time finding a totem and standing in a locker) but your team will still force you off a gen to heal them or be an easy down. With the totem set up near you, you don't waste time finding the next totem for inner, you don't waste time healing others and they will take longer for the killer to down.

    If the killer finds your totem then you get free wasted time making them constantly walk over and snuff it out while your team does gens. Assuming you put it somewhere far from gens or the top floor of a building etc.

  • @Kurri said:

    How about the fact you can bless a Hex perk, making the Killer lose that perk for the entirety of the match, but then still rebless any dull totem even if the killer snuffs the totem.

    Why even run Hex perks anymore?

    What do Boon-Perks have to do with the viability of Hex-Perks? If Boon-Perks would not exist, they would cleanse the Hexes. Boon-Perks or not, a Hex which is found will be cleansed.

    So dont act like Hexes become weaker just because of Boon-Totems.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553931#Comment_2553931

    What do Boon-Perks have to do with the viability of Hex-Perks? If Boon-Perks would not exist, they would cleanse the Hexes. Boon-Perks or not, a Hex which is found will be cleansed.

    So dont act like Hexes become weaker just because of Boon-Totems.

    Because Boon totems gives Survivors more of a reason to seek out dull/hex totems.

    Don't act like that Hexes don't become weaker just because of Boon-Totems. They do, and it's very obvious how.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553957#Comment_2553957

    Because Boon totems gives Survivors more of a reason to seek out dull/hex totems.

    Don't act like that Hexes don't become weaker just because of Boon-Totems. They do, and it's very obvious how.

    I thought killers wanted survivors to seek out totems?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553964#Comment_2553964

    I thought killers wanted survivors to seek out totems?

    It's not that simple, and as someone who plays Survivor, the gens still go pretty damn quick when only one or two people still do totems. I run Detectives Hunch and still end games in less than 4-6 minutes doing totems between gens.

    On the PTB all the Boon totems did was make it so I couldn't be hurt or caught during chase, and if the Killer went to snuff my totem I would simply leave and hide - losing the Killer all that time, and then immediately start pressuring gens again till they found me again to rinse and repeat.

    Not going to lie, it's fact that the boon totems have done more than ruin the game for Killer, and before this update I found playing Survivor too easy.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553966#Comment_2553966

    It's not that simple, and as someone who plays Survivor, the gens still go pretty damn quick when only one or two people still do totems. I run Detectives Hunch and still end games in less than 4-6 minutes doing totems between gens.

    On the PTB all the Boon totems did was make it so I couldn't be hurt or caught during chase, and if the Killer went to snuff my totem I would simply leave and hide - losing the Killer all that time, and then immediately start pressuring gens again till they found me again to rinse and repeat.

    Not going to lie, it's fact that the boon totems have done more than ruin the game for Killer, and before this update I found playing Survivor too easy.

    I mean im having mixed feelings on it since everyone else seems to also have mixed feelings

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I don't play the ptb so I don't know how the game feels yet but I play both sides & I can see why some killers aren't fans.

    Personally when I play survivor I break the majority if not all totems so honestly as someone who'll probably never use boons it's annoying for me too as breaking totems at least in the short term won't be appreciated by your teammates.

    I can see an increase in noed incoming though I doubt most totems will get broken & if it gets down to 1 gen the killer just has to make sure they have 1 dull totem close by.

    & even though I don't use hex perks as a killer I wouldn't be against killers lighting their own to activate their perks (unless its a hex that activates after certain conditions like noed & devour ect)

    It would stop a hex being destroyed 30 seconds into the game. Let the killer choose the totem they feel most suitable while they have to take the time to find & light one they then can't complain later. (Well they will they'll say they had to waste time finding & a few seconds lighting it but can't please everyone)

    Put simply, Killers just don't have enough time to do anything but chase or they lose.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553957#Comment_2553957

    Because Boon totems gives Survivors more of a reason to seek out dull/hex totems.

    Don't act like that Hexes don't become weaker just because of Boon-Totems. They do, and it's very obvious how.

    Survivors already have enough reasons to cleanse Hexes. The reason to disable the respective Perk is already enough. You are acting like if Survivors go to a Gen, see Ruin and are like "Yeah, its fine".

  • Maybe if the killer had to spend 6-8s removing the totem then it would make sense to turn it off... unlike hexes where we can't simply squash it to remove them

  • You're funny.

    I think a person who mostly plays solo, it'll be great. And I for one, am tired of playing the same 4 meta perks so this will be refreshing.

    Good day.

  • Good question. It will make more sense if it was a 1 time use perk just like hexes. That will justify the absurd boost than these boon perks gives, at least a bit.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553964#Comment_2553964

    Survivors already have enough reasons to cleanse Hexes. The reason to disable the respective Perk is already enough. You are acting like if Survivors go to a Gen, see Ruin and are like "Yeah, its fine".

    There are hexes that don't instantly tell you they exist.

  • @LiquidPhat said:

    You're funny.

    I think a person who mostly plays solo, it'll be great. And I for one, am tired of playing the same 4 meta perks so this will be refreshing.

    Good day.

    Nothing changed. It has always been the same 3 solid meta perks and the 4th being a utility meta perk.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Wasn't this explained before? Hex Totems are stronger in strength compared to boon totems which warrants them being a one time use and boons being multiple use.

    How would you feel about multiple areas in the map without scratchmarks? and almost insta heals? Do you really think that boons are not as strong as hex? Cause it looks like the contrary to me. Oh and boons are infinite, and forbid hex spawns like noed just to add..

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2554085#Comment_2554085

    There are hexes that don't instantly tell you they exist.

    Every Hex will be cleansed immediatly once a Survivor spots them.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2554021#Comment_2554021

    Put simply, Killers just don't have enough time to do anything but chase or they lose.

    That's a common issue with killer that, it just doesn't allow much time to sit and plan or think. 2 gens usually pop after i only hook 2 times and that's been right as the match started to i was on a chase and downed and so on, still 2 gens pop. That's half the game over right there and 2 people were only on 1 hook.

  • @KingFrost said:

    The idea behind Boon totems is to exchange time on gens for a small area of temporary safety. Any time spent on blessing a totem, is time not spent on a generator.

    @Irisora said:

    Good question. It will make more sense if it was a 1 time use perk just like hexes. That will justify the absurd boost than these boon perks gives, at least a bit.

    I get that it's to spend time away from gens but if doing so benefits the survivors greatly because more people can run it, how does that help the killer? Where's the counter build for that lool. If you try and use the buffed Hex's people will spam bless them.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2554098#Comment_2554098

    Nothing changed. It has always been the same 3 solid meta perks and the 4th being a utility meta perk.

    Er yeah nothing has changed - that's the point I'm trying to make. But I'm saying when the perk DOES come out, I'm definitely running it in solo so I don't have to run the same meta perks anymore.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2554032#Comment_2554032

    That's a common issue with killer that, it just doesn't allow much time to sit and plan or think. 2 gens usually pop after i only hook 2 times and that's been right as the match started to i was on a chase and downed and so on, still 2 gens pop. That's half the game over right there and 2 people were only on 1 hook.

    2 gens isn't half the game, it's a third. And that's if you're very generous, considering the game tends to slow down really badly towards the last gen.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2554282#Comment_2554282

    2 gens isn't half the game, it's a third. And that's if you're very generous, considering the game tends to slow down really badly towards the last gen.

    True i have noticed more and more teams struggle when it's 2 or 1 or even powered, I've had a lot of use of No Way Out

  • @LiquidPhat said:

    You're funny.

    I think a person who mostly plays solo, it'll be great. And I for one, am tired of playing the same 4 meta perks so this will be refreshing.

    Good day.

    I'd give it a few weeks after mid chapter goes live until you start seeing the same meta build again.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2554098#Comment_2554098

    I'd give it a few weeks after mid chapter goes live until you start seeing the same meta build again.

    Yup, if it's not gonna be Dead hard or something in there it will be DS