Is DBD making NFTs?
Actor Doug Bradley returns to the role of Pinhead in one of the first generative NFT collections that grants in-game access.
I can across this news article and I have to know, is this real?
If it's real then that means Doug Bradley will voice pinhead and we're getting a Butterball legendary.
I'm hoping it's fake because NFTs are gross and because buttetball looks like a silhouette of the first butterball image I found online of the neca figure rather then an actual posed model. also chatterer and pinhead are at a resting position, not posed like butterball. All these images could be taken from online.
Comments
BHVR...please
I'm ok with that, it will be great to have another interesting NFT to add to my collection.
Well this makes my post minorly more credible that I'm not the only one to have posted about it.
since you own NFTs does this scare you
Might be the stupidest thing I've heard if true.
Crypto and NFTs infesting video games have all been scams and it's awful trend to see.
Oh god... please, whoever made that post, please, for the love of god, say sike.
multiple news sources have commented on it and all of them mention dbd
Pain.
Bruh
I have no idea what an NFT is.
Not at all, I buy NFTs to support artists that I like, not to hide their work away.
it's a certificate that says you own a piece of digital media without giving you any legal rights to this digital media. most look like #########, are very expensive, and the currency used to buy them kills the environment.
i feel like i should tell you that a lot of NFTs have been proven to be stolen art so this really isn't a good argument
I didn't realize I was having an argument.
i didn't realise people thought nfts were good ideas so we're both learning things today
excuse me?
That's just most digital media though.
Basically, you open paint, draw a squiggle and get it authorised as an NFT. Now it has your name attached with a stamp of authenticity. People can still copy the squiggle and use it at a wallpaper but it isn't "authentic"
trust me this is so so so so so much worse than most digital media.
Okay. I don't really see a huge issue with that though.
Seems kinda dumb, but a lot of things seem kinda dumb to me.
wdum this is high quality stuff!
Environmental damage. You're making a receipt for a sticker by burning down a forest
Well possibly in this case we will miss out on the voice lines and new cosmetics unless you buy some crypto and purchase the NFT from what i can see.
no, this is not okay.
"Not all cryptocurrencies have significant environmental impacts. Many of them do not use mining at all." the ones commonly used (BTC and ETH) do need to be mined, though.
edit: here's another article
Okay.
From my understanding, most pollution comes from there already.
Unless you want to force China to adopt better energy practices, it's unlikely businesses will stop.
And it says 74% comes from renewable energy, isn't that good?
the 74% renewable sources is disputed.
china is indeed the world's biggest polluter. this doesn't change the fact that NFTs consume more energy, and thus have more carbon emissions, than most small countries.
this isn't just about mining the ETH either, we also need to factor in the issue of storing them, which uses yet more energy and thus more carbon.
they are the antithesis of good. the climate crisis creeps ever closer to being irreversable; the stance shouldn't be "eh it's not as bad as this" it should be "what the ######### change them both".
stop trying to defend NFTs because it really isn't a look.
I'm not defending them, you're just assuming I am because I'm not immediately taking your side on an issue I know very little about.
I'll do my own research.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wx_lXVD3J0 NFT owners completely hysterical seeing this.
then have fun doing it. but you asked and i answered what they are and why theyre bad.
@MandyTalk
Can anyone confirm whether or not this absolute travesty is real?
######### NFTs
same.
but the comments on these posts are fun :D
I simply do not appreciate the assumption that I support them simply because I didn't outright agree with you.
That's all.
I'm gonna be honest most of this is me relaying information from my friends that know a lot more tech than I do and double/triple checking it with news articles.
I unfortunately don't off the top of my head. If I'm to hazard a guess based on everything else though it isn't very environmentally friendly.
Okay so combining being yelled at very quickly from a friend and this article
The actual Ethereum coin and NFT are stored in the same place as the Ethereum blockchain also supports NFT storage. They're kept on digital forms of storage, from HDDs to cloud, and I'm assuming the cloud is the bad part.
Based karu
Bragging rights for the rich because ######### the turtles
From my understanding, NFTs are a digital product where the buyer pays money, and in exchange for that money, the seller gets money from the buyer. Am I objectively correct?
The money is about the second least environmentally friendly thing humanity can do right now next to detonating several nuclear weapons but facktirng that in you've got the gist yes
Oh wait it isn't a product its a receipt saying you have the product but most of the time you don't actually get the product.
I'm genuinely so annoyed at this I don't think I can get to sleep but I also can't vent it to the full extent on here because I'm afraid it'd lead to a ban lmao but FOR ######### SAKE WHY
Says 10 possible subscribers will get anything on their website. Sounds like a way to build up a subscriber base and sell your information. Either way I don't think Behavior is directly involved...
Still better off just paying for the DLC because I don't see why this could be better.
How are they not directly involved they made the models being used there has to at the minimum have been legal permission for this
I mean
It would explain why they are being so tight lipped about it.
Think about it for a moment right
I don't know if I find the whole NFT thing disappointing or outright hilarious
Find it hilarious because it'll save so much mental anguish
I mean I find the concept of NFTs in general hilarious.
You are literally burning money and harming the environment in the process. I seriously hope this fad crawls in a ditch and dies
I'm not following. What do NFTs have to do with the Pinhead voice thing?
Because it's not promoted by Behavior, unless I missed something
@GoodBoyKaru made a seperate thread talking about how some NFT place/thing is doing some kind of Hellraiser NFT tie in that they claim they did in collaboration with DBD
I have literally no idea what any of it means but people are theorising it's why the voicelines got removed since I think Doug Bradley was mentioned on the thing GoodboyKaru posted.
They made the models for it, the NFT site says they're collaborating with DBD, they own DBD- there has to have been a green light somewhere along there.
I think the article literally says they just copy pasted the in-game model and they're offering it as an "NFT" because they have permission from DBD to do so.
If they have permission it must have been green lit and so BHVR are directly supportive of as they've allowed the use of their models in it.
I was so confused at first but I understand now. I meant to say that Behavior is not directly involved in creating these NFTs and probably have no reason to incorporate them into the game... and that could lead to complications, like with the voicelines and stuff going missing for no explainable reason