I found a new sick perk combo I think you should try out

I've been running this on Spirit lately and I think it's actually a very strong combo that could work well on a lot of killers. It's Hex: Retribution + Hex: Plaything. This does come with the risk of getting Retribution cleansed early in the game but it still has the potential to give you 50 seconds of aura reading if you hook all the survivors and they go for their Plaything totems.

Even if it's not the strongest combo, it still offers variety. I'm sure we're sick of seeing Ruin Undying Pop Tinkerer every game so give this combo a shot.

Comments

  • Yes, I've used this combo. Unfortunately not on mobile characters yet. Big sad.

  • @GannTM said:

    I've been running this on Spirit lately and I think it's actually a very strong combo that could work well on a lot of killers. It's Hex: Retribution + Hex: Plaything. This does come with the risk of getting Retribution cleansed early in the game but it still has the potential to give you 50 seconds of aura reading if you hook all the survivors and they go for their Plaything totems.

    Even if it's not the strongest combo, it still offers variety. I'm sure we're sick of seeing Ruin Undying Pop Tinkerer every game so give this combo a shot.

    Huh.

    I honestly need to try this one out. It sounds fun, without being overpoweringly strong.

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    Yes, I've used this combo. Unfortunately not on mobile characters yet. Big sad.

    Haven't played on mobile in a while. Is it doing well these days?

    @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/286053/i-found-a-new-sick-perk-combo-i-think-you-should-try-out

    Huh.

    I honestly need to try this one out. It sounds fun, without being overpoweringly strong.

    Oh yeah it's a very fun combo. Also Retribution is getting buffed in the midchapter so it will be even better.

  • @GannTM said:

    I've been running this on Spirit lately and I think it's actually a very strong combo that could work well on a lot of killers. It's Hex: Retribution + Hex: Plaything. This does come with the risk of getting Retribution cleansed early in the game but it still has the potential to give you 50 seconds of aura reading if you hook all the survivors and they go for their Plaything totems.

    Even if it's not the strongest combo, it still offers variety. I'm sure we're sick of seeing Ruin Undying Pop Tinkerer every game so give this combo a shot.

    I've tried the combo on Pig, GF and Pinhead before. It doesn't always work, but when it does it's pretty cool. :)

    But you're right, Spirit is actually a very good choice for that. I'll try it again with her later. 

    Have a nice weekend. 

  • It might be pretty decent after the boon nerfs.

  • Lord I need to try that out, it sounds really fun. Might be fun on Bubba, survivors don't see you coming and then you surprise chainsaw them. Or maybe Billy with Apex Muffler.

  • @Eve13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/286053/i-found-a-new-sick-perk-combo-i-think-you-should-try-out

    I've tried the combo on Pig, GF and Pinhead before. It doesn't always work, but when it does it's pretty cool. :)

    But you're right, Spirit is actually a very good choice for that. I'll try it again with her later. 

    Have a nice weekend. 

    It is definitely great on Spirit. It might not seem as good on her on paper because she can't see auras in phase but she can actually catch a survivor by surprise with it.

    You have a nice weekend too!

  • A new combo with hex? My detectives hunch instincts are coming in

  • Been using this combo on Nurse.

    With Haunted it's ESPECIALLY devastating

  • @DelsKibara said:

    Been using this combo on Nurse.

    With Haunted it's ESPECIALLY devastating

    Ooh didn't think about Haunted Ground, I might try that out.

  • combined with haunted too and its extra spicy.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    It might be pretty decent after the boon nerfs.

    Boon totems might make the perk better. Hear me out.

    Plaything turns a totem into a hex totem. A survivor blesses that totem. The killer stamps it.

    This now means you have another dull totem for Plaything to re-hex instead of getting at max 5 uses. You now have theoretically 8 uses (since the other 4 hooks will kill the survivor).

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2549809#Comment_2549809

    Boon totems might make the perk better. Hear me out.

    Plaything turns a totem into a hex totem. A survivor blesses that totem. The killer stamps it.

    This now means you have another dull totem for Plaything to re-hex instead of getting at max 5 uses. You now have theoretically 8 uses (since the other 4 hooks will kill the survivor).

    Except that no one in his right mind will use Boon perks after the nerf. Spending more than 1/4 of a generator to bless one totem that gives you an effect in a tiny range that the killer can cancel in one second is a bad time investment.

  • I love retribution on my plague and billy builds. Can really win you the game sometimes

  • @Artick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550074#Comment_2550074

    Except that no one in his right mind will use Boon perks after the nerf. Spending more than 1/4 of a generator to bless one totem that gives you an effect in a tiny range that the killer can cancel in one second is a bad time investment.

    It's 24 seconds to bless a hex totem. A regular totem will still take 14 seconds to bless.

  • I had to look Hex: Plaything up because I had absolutely no idea this perk even existed.

    But now that I do, I think this is indeed a great combo.

  • @GeneralV said:

    I had to look Hex: Plaything up because I had absolutely no idea this perk even existed.

    But now that I do, I think this is indeed a great combo.

    Oh yeah you’re on break so that’s understandable. It came out with Pinhead.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I love retribution on my plague and billy builds. Can really win you the game sometimes

    I just ran the combo on Plague. I got so much value.

  • @GannTM said:

    I've been running this on Spirit lately and I think it's actually a very strong combo that could work well on a lot of killers. It's Hex: Retribution + Hex: Plaything. This does come with the risk of getting Retribution cleansed early in the game but it still has the potential to give you 50 seconds of aura reading if you hook all the survivors and they go for their Plaything totems.

    Even if it's not the strongest combo, it still offers variety. I'm sure we're sick of seeing Ruin Undying Pop Tinkerer every game so give this combo a shot.

    Yeah! This is a hella solid combo, ran it on deathslinger recently and oh my was it an absolute curbstomper.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2549786#Comment_2549786

    Haven't played on mobile in a while. Is it doing well these days?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2549791#Comment_2549791

    Oh yeah it's a very fun combo. Also Retribution is getting buffed in the midchapter so it will be even better.

    A mobile killer.

  • Oh my bad. The combo does work better on mobile killers so I'd recommend it on them.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2549809#Comment_2549809

    Boon totems might make the perk better. Hear me out.

    Plaything turns a totem into a hex totem. A survivor blesses that totem. The killer stamps it.

    This now means you have another dull totem for Plaything to re-hex instead of getting at max 5 uses. You now have theoretically 8 uses (since the other 4 hooks will kill the survivor).

    Plaything procs only on a survivor's first hook. It has hard cap of 4 uses.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550074#Comment_2550074

    Plaything procs only on a survivor's first hook. It has hard cap of 4 uses.

    Does it? Damn there goes my plan, I'd just assumed they'd cleansed them all

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550077#Comment_2550077

    It's 24 seconds to bless a hex totem. A regular totem will still take 14 seconds to bless.

    I'm glad I've clicked the thread, I misunderstood and thought it was all totems.

  • Try plaything with thrill. They'll have no idea you're coming. You have 10 days until thrill is nerfed

  • Assuming Retribution goes after all four Playthings and the Retribution buff goes live? Thats 75s on Aura reading on all Survivors, not bad.

  • @GannTM said:

    I've been running this on Spirit lately and I think it's actually a very strong combo that could work well on a lot of killers. It's Hex: Retribution + Hex: Plaything. This does come with the risk of getting Retribution cleansed early in the game but it still has the potential to give you 50 seconds of aura reading if you hook all the survivors and they go for their Plaything totems.

    Even if it's not the strongest combo, it still offers variety. I'm sure we're sick of seeing Ruin Undying Pop Tinkerer every game so give this combo a shot.

    if only spirit could read auras during phase, that would be a disgustingly good combo.