Legion Still Losing Their Power When They Basic Attack

Why is this still a thing. We have known them as the weakest killer for how long, and we still haven't removed that when Legion hits a survivor with their basic attack it increases the cooldown on their power?

Comments

  • I'm pretty sure BHVR are terrified of giving Legion any sort of buff because of the way they came out.

    Legion were 100% made for skins and skins only imo. Misleading marketing, boring backstory, boring design, terrible power. They were made to make skins for, seeing as how easy it is to make a skin for "hooded person with knife". I legitimately don't understand how people can say ######### about Trickster when "######### creepypasta group" is in the game.

    I really, really don't like Legion.

  • He is not the weakest, but he is one of the most annoying ones. A killer with a built in wallhack doesn't need a buff.

  • @Junylar said:

    He is not the weakest, but he is one of the most annoying ones. A killer with a built in wallhack doesn't need a buff.

    How can he be annoying? Just go for press W to win mechanic and predrop pallets if u know he is without iri addon.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    I'm pretty sure BHVR are terrified of giving Legion any sort of buff because of the way they came out.

    Legion were 100% made for skins and skins only imo. Misleading marketing, boring backstory, boring design, terrible power. They were made to make skins for, seeing as how easy it is to make a skin for "hooded person with knife". I legitimately don't understand how people can say ######### about Trickster when "######### creepypasta group" is in the game.

    I really, really don't like Legion.

    Terrified of buffing one of the weakest killers in the game? Then BHVR is truly out of touch with their own game.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544254#Comment_2544254

    Terrified of buffing one of the weakest killers in the game? Then BHVR is truly out of touch with their own game.

    I mean we know they are...

    We balance for players that cant loop well and often get stuck on everything because they struggle looking behind...

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544254#Comment_2544254

    Terrified of buffing one of the weakest killers in the game? Then BHVR is truly out of touch with their own game.

    They've given Legion one single buff since their changes, as far as I remember.

    All they did was let them see scratch marks during their incredibly long fatigue.

    Darkness Among Us was a failure and I think BHVR knows that.

  • Meanwhile Trickster got how many changes?

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544276#Comment_2544276

    They've given Legion one single buff since their changes, as far as I remember.

    All they did was let them see scratch marks during their incredibly long fatigue.

    Darkness Among Us was a failure and I think BHVR knows that.

    Then mb it's time to change it? Legion has a potential of 4 different playstyles killer.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544276#Comment_2544276

    I mean we know they are...

    We balance for players that cant loop well and often get stuck on everything because they struggle looking behind...

    That’s what needs to change:

    Either stop balancing so plebs can “have fun” (i.e. be able to counter killers without problem) or get rid of the lazy ranking system and embrace the casual balance state they’re shooting for.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544280#Comment_2544280

    Then mb it's time to change it? Legion has a potential of 4 different playstyles killer.

    I'm all for a legion rework, but I doubt it'd be anything like that. The different members are literally just skins over the same model.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544254#Comment_2544254

    Terrified of buffing one of the weakest killers in the game? Then BHVR is truly out of touch with their own game.

    If that is your statement you unfortunatly don't understand logic behind this.

    Buffing a weak but annoying killer is very difficult because he can become unbearable very quick despite being still weak or mid tier! Look at legion when he was released he was not S or A tier maybe not even B but he was completly broken and unfun. And legion is not the only one! Every trapping killer, pig, clown, doc,... they all suffer from being one wrong buff away from becoming completly unfun to play against or even worse play as!

    So accusing BHVR of incompetence is technically not wrong but with your argument beyond false.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544276#Comment_2544276

    If that is your statement you unfortunatly don't understand logic behind this.

    Buffing a weak but annoying killer is very difficult because he can become unbearable very quick despite being still weak or mid tier! Look at legion when he was released he was not S or A tier maybe not even B but he was completly broken and unfun. And legion is not the only one! Every trapping killer, pig, clown, doc,... they all suffer from being one wrong buff away from becoming completly unfun to play against or even worse play as!

    So accusing BHVR of incompetence is technically not wrong but with your argument beyond false.

    When people on this forum have better ideas on how to improve killers than the developers, there’s a problem.

    Took BHVR years to fix the random total traps and give Trapper the Trapper Sack add-on as basekit. This is something that should have been addressed within 1-2 years of the game being out at the most.

  • It's an outdated balance decision that they have never want back on, that's it.

  • Cause then he would be a wee bit OP.

  • @SirGando said:

    Cause then he would be a wee bit OP.

    Can u explain how it makes him OP? Cause even if they take it away he still will be around C or D tier.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544461#Comment_2544461

    Can u explain how it makes him OP? Cause even if they take it away he still will be around C or D tier.

    im just joking. im using the quote from the wraith nerf XD

  • @SirGando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544477#Comment_2544477

    im just joking. im using the quote from the wraith nerf XD

    McLean explained on his stream why wraith was nerfed and the reason may surprise you. His lunge duration was buffed to account for a bug, but once that bug was fixed they didn’t like the time so they reverted it back to where it was supposed to be minus the bug.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544499#Comment_2544499

    McLean explained on his stream why wraith was nerfed and the reason may surprise you. His lunge duration was buffed to account for a bug, but once that bug was fixed they didn’t like the time so they reverted it back to where it was supposed to be minus the bug.

    ok, which bug?

  • Almo went down after forgetting to mend once. He swore revenge. He got it.

    Serious answer - idk really. I don't think the devs like legion very much since the fiasco after their release.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544267#Comment_2544267

    How can he be annoying? Just go for press W to win mechanic and predrop pallets if u know he is without iri addon.

    Wasting all the pallets on the map in one minute? Hmm, sounds like a counter, thank you.

  • Yay, copy-paste time again, because my opinion didn't change, but feel free to try.

    Changes I would do:

    QoL changes:

    • The Legion may see the blood pools of injured Survivors during Feral Frenzy.
    • Feral Frenzy begins to replenish at the start of the fatigue state.
    • The depletion of Feral Frenzy pauses while performing the break, damage and search interactions.

    Buffs:

    • Feral Frenzy’s movement speed is increased to 6 m/s after applying Deep Wound.
    • Feral Frenzy’s fatigue state is 3 seconds and a missed Feral Frenzy attack prompts a 4 second fatigue state.
    • The Legion doesn't lose his power charges, when he m1.
    • The Legion regains his collision sooner after hitting survivor.

    Do this and I am happy Legion main.

    Maybe some add-on rework would be nice too. His add-ons are not bad overall imo, but there are some that need to be changed:

    The Legion Pin - doesn't support play-style

    Stab Wounds Study - useless

    Frank's Mix Tape - useless


    I wouldn't try to fix his 1v1 that much, that should stay his weakness imo, but there needs to buffs, so he can use his power even against good survivors.

    I had games, where survivors knew how to deal with Legion and I just wasn't able to get more than 1 hit whole game. When they knew there is another survivor nearby, then they just waited under pallet till I hit them, so they can immediately stun me, so I can't get hit and I don't even get any info on other survivors. Other than that, just hold W.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    Yay, copy-paste time again, because my opinion didn't change, but feel free to try.

    Changes I would do:

    QoL changes:

    • The Legion may see the blood pools of injured Survivors during Feral Frenzy.
    • The Legion doesn't lose his power charges, when he m1.
    • Feral Frenzy begins to replenish at the start of the fatigue state.
    • The depletion of Feral Frenzy pauses while performing the break, damage and search interactions.

    Buffs:

    • Feral Frenzy’s movement speed is increased to 6 m/s after applying Deep Wound.
    • Feral Frenzy’s fatigue state is 3 seconds and a missed Feral Frenzy attack prompts a 4 second fatigue state.

    Do this and I am happy Legion main.

    Maybe some add-on rework would be nice too. His add-ons are not bad overall imo, but there are some that need to be changed:

    The Legion Pin - doesn't support play-style

    Stab Wounds Study - useless

    Frank's Mix Tape - useless

    I like how people try to label actual buffs as "QoL". Let the spirit see survivors while she is phasing, that would be a decent QoL improvement too.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561383#Comment_2561383

    I like how people try to label actual buffs as "QoL". Let the spirit see survivors while she is phasing, that would be a decent QoL improvement too.

    I think it is QoL.

    It doesn't really make him stronger killer, or more dangerous to survivors. It is just so Legion feels better to play as.

    Which of those you think is that big deal and should be called buff?

    Maybe Collision one for body blocking is good enough to be called buff. I just think it is weird to lose collision for longer than normal hit.


    Alright, I moved Collision and m1, but other than that is just QoL.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544272#Comment_2544272

    Wasting all the pallets on the map in one minute? Hmm, sounds like a counter, thank you.

    • Don't group up, so he doesn't get free hits.
    • Don't heal, unless you are on deadhook.
    • Force him into pallet stun, if someone is nearby, so he doesn't get another hit.
    • Get distance and hold W, so he doesn't get free hit, or fast down.
    • Don't let him get 3-gen.

    Legion is basic M1 killer without power, when you are injured. So if you get downed under 30 seconds, it's on you.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    Yay, copy-paste time again, because my opinion didn't change, but feel free to try.

    Changes I would do:

    QoL changes:

    • The Legion may see the blood pools of injured Survivors during Feral Frenzy.
    • The Legion doesn't lose his power charges, when he m1.
    • Feral Frenzy begins to replenish at the start of the fatigue state.
    • The depletion of Feral Frenzy pauses while performing the break, damage and search interactions.

    Buffs:

    • Feral Frenzy’s movement speed is increased to 6 m/s after applying Deep Wound.
    • Feral Frenzy’s fatigue state is 3 seconds and a missed Feral Frenzy attack prompts a 4 second fatigue state.

    Do this and I am happy Legion main.

    Maybe some add-on rework would be nice too. His add-ons are not bad overall imo, but there are some that need to be changed:

    The Legion Pin - doesn't support play-style

    Stab Wounds Study - useless

    Frank's Mix Tape - useless

    Why not 2 sec fatigue? It's still worth allowing survivor to hit u with pallet cause it's 2 sec which is dumb.

    And i still don't see why Legion needs to run faster if he can't end chase once power is off.

    Only reason i see behind running faster is to annoy survivors since u still struggle to catch them after fatigue.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561383#Comment_2561383

    Why not 2 sec fatigue? It's still worth allowing survivor to hit u with pallet cause it's 2 sec which is dumb.

    And i still don't see why Legion needs to run faster if he can't end chase once power is off.

    Only reason i see behind running faster is to annoy survivors since u still struggle to catch them after fatigue.

    "And i still don't see why Legion needs to run faster if he can't end chase once power is off."

    So you have better chance for chain hits. The thing he is supposed to be good at. Right now, if survivor will just hold W, you will not get him in time unless you stack duration addons.


    "Why not 2 sec fatigue? "

    I don't want it get too short, because then you can just use your power, run in front of survivor for free down.

    As I said, I would like his 1v1 to stay his weakness, if his Fatigue gets too short, then it will no longer be true.

    You could get it close to 2 seconds using both add-ons. I don't know how good it would be, but it might be better to rework both of them. So it doesn't get out of hand, but they would be useless after nerf, so rework for something different is better.

  • Legions power has way bigger flaws and you complain about that? xD

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561406#Comment_2561406

    "And i still don't see why Legion needs to run faster if he can't end chase once power is off."

    So you have better chance for chain hits. The thing he is supposed to be good at. Right now, if survivor will just hold W, you will not get him in time unless you stack duration addons.

    "Why not 2 sec fatigue? "

    I don't want it get too short, because then you can just use your power, run in front of survivor for free down.

    As I said, I would like his 1v1 to stay his weakness, if his Fatigue gets too short, then it will no longer be true.

    You could get it close to 2 seconds using both add-ons. I don't know how good it would be, but it might be better to rework both of them. So it doesn't get out of hand, but they would be useless after nerf, so rework for something different is better.

    It still feels like Legion lacks either 1x1 tool or decent slowdown. He should be rewarded for stabbing survivors. With your suggestion I see it as - Ok, I stabbed every single survivor, while i did it, first 2 already healed themselves so should I do it again or try down last survivor without any tools to help me cause I'm basic m1 killer and if he is good it's gg wp easy -_-.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561414#Comment_2561414

    It still feels like Legion lacks either 1x1 tool or decent slowdown. He should be rewarded for stabbing survivors. With your suggestion I see it as - Ok, I stabbed every single survivor, while i did it, first 2 already healed themselves so should I do it again or try down last survivor without any tools to help me cause I'm basic m1 killer and if he is good it's gg wp easy -_-.

    You think his power is not decent slowdown?

    It is 12 seconds mending for each hit in your power. That's not really bad, problem is you can't really use it on multiple survivors right now and my changes would help with that.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561471#Comment_2561471

    You think his power is not decent slowdown?

    It is 12 seconds mending for each hit in your power. That's not really bad, problem is you can't really use it on multiple survivors right now and my changes would help with that.

    In not sure if it is enough and needs some testing. While your changes are good I'm not sure they will make him anywhere near Huntress level and she is not best killer.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561474#Comment_2561474

    In not sure if it is enough and needs some testing. While your changes are good I'm not sure they will make him anywhere near Huntress level and she is not best killer.

    I mean, I didn't do those changes in mind to get him into A tier. I just want him to feel better to play as and better even against good survivors.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561487#Comment_2561487

    I mean, I didn't do those changes in mind to get him into A tier. I just want him to feel better to play as and better even against good survivors.

    And what would you charge if goal was make killers ~same power level so underperforming won't be issue anymore?

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561494#Comment_2561494

    And what would you charge if goal was make killers ~same power level so underperforming won't be issue anymore?

    If you mean balancing overall, then I would start with perks to be honest and soloQ buff. That is easiest and will make games more fun for everyone.

    I am not sure, if you mean Legion, or any killer.

    If any killer, then I would start with buffing base regression on 150% and Ruin nerfed on 150%. Ruin would still be good, but not really must have and you would have way more good options to use.

    For Legion what would get him into hight Tier...

    I would still wanted changes above and maybe add some reward system based on how many hits you got during Frenzy.

    Shorter Fatigue based on how many hits you got would work and help you down last survivor you hit fast enough. Maybe base would be 3s and you could get it up to 1,5s after 3 chain hits, so each chain hit is 0,5s down?

  • @Junylar said:

    He is not the weakest, but he is one of the most annoying ones. A killer with a built in wallhack doesn't need a buff.

    He's an m1 killer with almost no lethality and a power that just tickles survivors. He is nothing.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561389#Comment_2561389

    I think it is QoL.

    It doesn't really make him stronger killer, or more dangerous to survivors. It is just so Legion feels better to play as.

    Which of those you think is that big deal and should be called buff?

    Maybe Collision one for body blocking is good enough to be called buff. I just think it is weird to lose collision for longer than normal hit.

    Alright, I moved Collision and m1, but other than that is just QoL.

    Reducing cooldowns, giving new information and extending the power duration is a buff, even if it's a small one. Of course it makes him feel better to play as, just like Spirit would feel better to play as if she could see survivors while phasing.

  • @Dino7281

    The Legion regains his collision sooner after hitting survivor.

    Is it longer than other killers? If it is, then fair point. If not, I don't see why it should be shorter than normal.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561393#Comment_2561393

    Reducing cooldowns, giving new information and extending the power duration is a buff, even if it's a small one. Of course it makes him feel better to play as, just like Spirit would feel better to play as if she could see survivors while phasing.

    Oh right, because all changes have same value.

    Here you can Mori everyone without hooking, or here you get your power 3 seconds faster, because it doesn't make sense to not gain power progress, when you already ended your power.

    Same thing.

    Best QoL would be shotgun that mori anyone you shoot.


    QoL changes are usually either nerf or buff, but it just doesn't affect game that much, it is made only to feel one side better to play, but without affecting other side.

  • @Mr_K said:

    @Dino7281

    The Legion regains his collision sooner after hitting survivor.

    Is it longer than other killers? If it is, then fair point. If not, I don't see why it should be shorter than normal.

    Yeah, I don't know exact time, but maybe I will try it in custom with timer one day.

    Bodyblocking is just impossible after frenzy hit. I think it is way longer, but there is chance it is just a feeling.

    It's something Otz mentioned in his suggestion changes and I just agree on that, because it happens to me quite often.

    Another issue is your collision after vaulting, there is just none. Survivors can go for vault tech everytime, which can be annoying when you don't see scratch marks...

  • Honestly I would just remove the "Hitting a Survivor with a Basic Attack while Feral Frenzy is not active will deplete the Power gauge by half of its maximum." and see how Legion performs then, before making any other changes.

    Then they can get into things like if he should be allowed to see blood/marks while in Frenzy, or if his power can down after previously hitting 2-3 survivors already.