Killers wanting to have fun...

So, the biggest takeaway from these forums seems to be this general sentiment among people who "play both sides"..."Killer is stressful but the game is super balanced!" So my question is this...Is it such a sin for killer mains to actually want to have fun too? Why is there such a focus on survivor players "having fun" but killers are told to "get good", practice, learn how to do X or how to do Y, are told "Yeah, the killer role is stressful. If you don't like it quit."

It's just such a weird mentality and I don't get it.

Comments

  • @DbDCasual said:

    So, the biggest takeaway from these forums seems to be this general sentiment among people who "play both sides"..."Killer is stressful but the game is super balanced!" So my question is this...Is it such a sin for killer mains to actually want to have fun too? Why is there such a focus on survivor players "having fun" but killers are told to "get good", practice, learn how to do X or how to do Y, are told "Yeah, the killer role is stressful. If you don't like it quit."

    It's just such a weird mentality and I don't get it.

    Obviously killers are having fun or they wouldn't play killer.

  • Kobes are dumb too.

  • 4vs1

    RNG on maps

    Maps without any logic and constant features

    194 perks


    Well,developers brought themselves somewhere they can't balance anything anymore.

  • @JohnWeak said:

    4vs1

    RNG on maps

    Maps without any logic and constant features

    194 perks

    Well,developers brought themselves somewhere they can't balance anything anymore.

    *194 perks, with only like 12 of them being the only ones used. Sorry just felt like this little fact was missing a key detail lol.

  • Yeah those people I will never understand. They want survivors to have "fun" if its not fun then the killer is op or their favorite word "boring". But killers can't have fun becuase they have to "earn" it and feel happy when they get 1k or 2ks it doesn't matter how hard you tried you should be happy. These people are usually those who "play both sides" but always want changes in favor of survivors. I blame certain streamers too for pushing really bias thinking and then those mindless people parroting what their x streamer says.

  • @justbecause said:

    What do you mean by fun exactly?

    4K.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545125#Comment_2545125

    The problem with SBMM is the same problem ranks had (once they finally gave killers actual matchmaking back, which took ages).

    It's incredibly easy to smurf your MMR down as a team simply by AFKing.

    I've seen it plenty, both in terms of a team of 3-4 players entirely AFK, or running into incredibly skilled and coordinated teams who play way beyond the level of the standard 'intermediate' players I usually play against at my undoubtedly mediocre MMR.

    You know the exact type - the sort who do 4 gens before you've even downed someone and then play hide and seek for half an hour.

    And before you ask, I can't even find anecdotal evidence of someone being banned for AFKing or 'holding the game hostage'. I'd guess that these reports are mostly to do with gathering metrics.

    I've yet to see a survivor team afk'ing. They always give their 100%, even if that's just holding a button on a gen and not really outplaying me at loops.

  • @Anniehere said:

    We're not going to have a fun match if it doesn't go in our favor, unless we don't care about winning.

    Right now those who play as killers, they're not having fun because they are barely get 1 or 2 kills.

    I guess their mentality remained as it was even before the system was changed to SBMM. They come with a mentality that they are going to "win" in that match but in this game there is really no winner.

    They can have fun with hooking survivors and not getting a kill.

    Personally i find it fun and if i manage to get a kill, it's more fun but not a big deal.

    It's very easy to enjoy this game but it has become a kind of competition.

    My stress and frustration stopped completely when i decided to have fun with the match and not care about winning.

    What about back to back games where you get no hooks, and the gens are done in 3-4 minutes? Then a 30-40min que time just to get the exact same survivors with the exact same Haddonfield map offering, with the exact same sweaty builds, and items?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545488#Comment_2545488

    I've yet to see a survivor team afk'ing. They always give their 100%, even if that's just holding a button on a gen and not really outplaying me at loops.

    My guess is that your MMR is significantly higher than mine. I'm pretty middling, and I see a fair amount of 4man teams either AFK, or running directly to me and then killing themselves on hook. It's certainly not every game, but I do see it enough to be concerning.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547368#Comment_2547368

    My guess is that your MMR is significantly higher than mine. I'm pretty middling, and I see a fair amount of 4man teams either AFK, or running directly to me and then killing themselves on hook. It's certainly not every game, but I do see it enough to be concerning.

    My survivors are insane on average. Probably similar to the ones you're talking about when they actually play serious instead of de-MMRing. I'm talking like 4 gen defence perks and trying to juggle everyone is fruitless, because they're all 4 gonna get out no matter what.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542181#Comment_2542181

    What about back to back games where you get no hooks, and the gens are done in 3-4 minutes? Then a 30-40min que time just to get the exact same survivors with the exact same Haddonfield map offering, with the exact same sweaty builds, and items?

    There are not many choices. you can either keep playing in your way or use meta builds. most players play in the same sweat way and we have this problem right now where every single one of them use the same build.

    Suppose i have same games with no hooks and same builds. i would swap to survivor for a while to help me with killer games.

    If i choose to stay as killer, that means i accept the match as it is and hope it matchs me with survivors with diversity.

    If i can't stand the killer matchs anymore, i guess killer is not for me.

1 2 ›